Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 490470 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9885 on: October 06, 2023, 02:50:15 PM »

Tsk, LOL! Well, it really comes down to the community we live in, doesn't it.... I didn't have my first lasagna until we stayed with Mike's parents for our first Christmas. And there was a potluck dinner to introduce me to the family. Everyone brought something, the lasagna was for the kids, but I had to try it...  Of Course, Mike had a steak. Mike's Pop made me my first eggs benedict with asparagus. Oh my, that sauce was so delicious, and I never had asparagus before either and being 4 months pregnant I thought I was in heaven! LOL! His parents were always feeding me. LOL!

Wonderful. Eggs Benedict is probably my favorite dish!..

LisaG1967

« Reply #9886 on: October 06, 2023, 05:20:39 PM »

Beakers....Jeff is feeling better this afternoon, and even ate some dinner.  He still does not think he passed the stone, as he was bracing himself for that, but he said, it might have been moving around too and causing the pain. 

Lani - Lots happening in those 10 minutes!  Love that morning greeting, too cute.  Oh, Lani..yes, I can see why you were skinny as a child.  I could not eat that either!

Phyl - Thanks for the Fat Bear results.

baz - Thank you for thinking of Jeff, and other possibilities that I didn't think could be wrong. Never thought about gall bladder!

tsk - Did your friends hubby have the Covid when he passed, or is that what they are thinking he had? 

Have a good night, everyone!

oldguy

« Reply #9887 on: October 06, 2023, 06:04:16 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

It is cold today - high of 53 - had .05 of rain this afternoon.  Low of 43 tonight and temps below 70 for the next 10 days.  At this time the forecast has 1.5 inch of rain wed to Friday of next week...

A few videos to share...
Golden Retriever and Kitten Attacked by a Sweet Sleep   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLZFgYSdwkU

HAUNTED HOUSE   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtRrvSqxQFE

Full moon viewing and Cats   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJe9mVSByJA
Maru rather happily fall for the beer box trap   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USciDdXvlRg
Maru is angry because his fruit net was dropped   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fslkTyScwk0

No Hunting Allowed: Cat at the Aquarium is Drooling Overload 😻 (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF3W25JOu0I
Nobody Could Have Expected How Cats Would React On a Boat! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ALVxLpWRiM

Best version of Al Stewart classic I’ve seen in years, if ever-Year of the Cat   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SomJLPR3Fk

Quarantine Kids play "No Particular Place To Go"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBVjJEXqG3I
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9888 on: October 06, 2023, 06:28:10 PM »

KB   On our local news tonight, 1,000 birds were found dead this AM after hitting windows at McCormick place convention center downtown.  They are very aware of migratory issues but had an event going on requiring them to keep the lights on - otherwise are all dark.  Very sad.

LANI   That must have been a real adjustment for you when you came to live in the USA.   :o

LISA    My friend's hubby had had Covid 4 times.  But was not positive in recent weeks prior to his death.  Not unlikely it had something to do with his death.

OLDGUY    Awww  Sweet ending to the kitty trying to hold it together  LOL    Simon ;D    Claire is really putting those cats through their paces.  Bet her 2 companions are earning their yen  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #9889 on: October 06, 2023, 06:49:39 PM »

tsk - oh very sad.
Our Vikings new stadium is all glass and people were up in arms....funny, I haven't heard the bird count lately or even a discussion about it.

karengramke

« Reply #9890 on: October 06, 2023, 07:11:15 PM »

Good evening Beakers! 
If JPalm was with us he could give us a great education on Conchs!  That is what the native Key West folks are called!   They eat the meat and  use the shells in building, roads, etc!    I have enjoyed it in salads, like ambidextrous  Baz, and fried! 
Lady (F23) sure is a beautiful eagle!   She and Mighty M make a wonderful pair!  I wish them a healthy and successful year!

Clynn,  the H. Sherman place is something!  Can You imagine cleaning it?

Love the sound of the dump cake! 

Lori, thanks for the kk treats! Hope your  grandmother isgood!

Lisa. Are you. Going to see baby tomorrow?   I wonder if they are still doing lithotripsy for stones!   Makes it a lot easier to pass stones and not invasive!

Cooleer now, in South Georgia!

Puff, Dick Butkus moved to Malibu for a second life!  A great Bear!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 07:14:17 PM by karengramke »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9891 on: October 06, 2023, 08:59:31 PM »

Phyl, .... I guess you've never watched "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" on the Travel Channel.

Actually I have.  I watched the Travel Channel for decades.

I'm more versed, experienced and educated than meets the 'eye', so to speak  ;)

I have two brothers who were in Viet Nam, Thailand and Philippines Islands , Hawaiian Islands, all countries that eat the uneatable because of cultural customs. Three uncles who did same tours  and including South Korea. They have eaten  dogs and cats, snakes, octopi, etc.etc .  Oh yeah! Let's not forget...Balut,  which  is a fertilized developing egg embryo that is boiled or steamed and eaten from the shell. And that's the more appealing 'stuff'.  Balut is considered by Filipinos to be a delicacy.
I've heard all the talk about their experiences in those countries and all the  descriptions of the 'food' they've eaten  when rations weren't available.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9892 on: October 06, 2023, 09:04:03 PM »

KB  :-X

Karen the dump cake sounds yummy and quick. I have to try it---but when will I have time?

Tsk  :'(

Lisa so happy Jeff is doing better ;) . Pets to M and B .

Bazi Gosh! That  TWC piece on the Katmai Bears  ;)         Thanks---all's cool with insurance. Our  adjuster said damages  to the semi trailer  were all but 'nil' comparatively to the Pontiac. Sounds like the insurer of semitrailer might not file at all. We shall see.   Now we need to find a salvage yard that will give us top dollar on the Pontiac and Jim will have find himself a replacement so we can make a vehicle change .

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9893 on: October 06, 2023, 09:13:17 PM »

Sending a "Good Evening'  to Everyone !

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9894 on: October 06, 2023, 09:42:06 PM »

Phyl, .... I guess you've never watched "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" on the Travel Channel.

Actually I have.  I watched the Travel Channel for decades.

I'm more versed, experienced and educated than meets the 'eye', so to speak  ;)

I have two brothers who were in Viet Nam, Thailand and Philippines Islands , Hawaiian Islands, all countries that eat the uneatable because of cultural customs. Three uncles who did same tours  and including South Korea. They have eaten  dogs and cats, snakes, octopi, etc.etc .  Oh yeah! Let's not forget...Balut,  which  is a fertilized developing egg embryo that is boiled or steamed and eaten from the shell. And that's the more appealing 'stuff'.  Balut is considered by Filipinos to be a delicacy.
I've heard all the talk about their experiences in those countries and all the  descriptions of the 'food' they've eaten  when rations weren't available.

Phyl, My sincerest apologies. I am just a humble little half Hawaiian gal, who grew up in the islands, with a Filipino grandfather, Hawaiian grandmother. You are much more versed, experienced and educated than I am. mea culpa....
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 09:50:57 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9895 on: October 06, 2023, 09:49:15 PM »

Good night

\

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim,Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9896 on: October 06, 2023, 09:49:35 PM »

Oh my goodness - our gauge at 1:15 said it was 100 and it was so super hot -we are not used to that.  We are used to 67-68 on the average!  Anyway, I made sure I watered all my potted plants and hand watered the front & back lawn.

LisaG - Glad Jeff is feeling better!  I think we are in our big heatwave before the cooler temperatures set in!

Phyl - You were kind about my mistake in posting to you when it should have been to Kb!  Thank you for letting me know!   You are talking to Clynn about Conch meat - I have never heard of it. ???

Tsk - Wish we lived near you so that we might be able to get a little bit of that wonderful applesauce!

Lani - Yaay! Mike should be home by now!  Is he home for the weekend?   No, we are not getting any smoke over here.   Love the graphic that reminds me of Michael Jackson's thriller!  His Thriller' vid was the best I have ever seen - love it - so much went into the making. ;D    I definitely respect Shannon's feeling about not eating anything out of the ocean or lake.
Awe, love how Mike's parents always were wanting to feed you! :)

Hi Bazi - Yes, with this heat wave, I kept my blinds & doors shut this morning to help keep the house cool and it worked!  Now, I have all the doors & windows open!

Tsk - Hard to imagine your cool temp & drizzle when we were so hot and we have no AC as we live in a cool part of the coast and normally do not need AC!  Anyway, these hot temps are not going to last.  We are going to have warm temps tomorrow and then cool down.  They are saying we may possibly have a chance of a shower on Tuesday!
Oh no, such terrible news about 1000+ birds found dead during their migration - I really am so sad. :'( :'(

Oldguy - Thank you so much for Al Stewart and Year of the Cat - I never knew what he and the band looked like and I've always loved the song!

Hi Karen!

Beakers have a good evening / sleep well  :)

BrokenLug

« Reply #9897 on: October 07, 2023, 01:13:27 AM »

King Salmon AK at some time UTC.

Pondering over a native brew. Stinking like a dead Caribou.

Now I'm no grizzly bear but I can just now clearly appreciate that is one heck of a harsh place to exist.

At some distance I saw a sow and her 2 cubs cross the River Lethe like it was a trickle.

The only other mammals we saw in 'the valley' when we where there.

An hour or 2 before we (Tyrone & I) looked at that same river and both said at the same time ..
I would not hazard a crossing of that river if a Porcupine riding on a Moose was running us down.

The weather that roars in from Katmai Pass.
Best have your real Weather Kit On here in The Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes.
Winds - calm to raging Cat One hurricane.
Temps - warm to chilly to cold - wild temp changes hourly.
Precip _ stellar severe clear to socked in fog/ blowing ash and pouring rain/snain.

Celestial, shit, just, I don't know, just makes ones jaw drop.

Oh U know it. Northing Lights Ripping with unbelievable shooting stars. 

Bob absolutely a good call on the full blown Goggles Pisano.
Having been here before at this time of year U hooked us up royally with local knowledge.
Invaluable.

Hand held weather doohickey 85 mph winds at 1 point (Cat 1) pumice, ash, silt sizzling on the Gore-Tex.

I don't own a cell phone, a total wallet racket IMHO and they don't work mostly where I go anyway. 

A Satellite type communicator posting from here back to the forum.   

I always back pack light, especially into the new, like sawed off toothbrush handle light.

Haven't humped any cameras on such treks since my minds eye started to know any better.

And some how I believe that Puff gets this more than I ever will. 

« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 02:15:10 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #9898 on: October 07, 2023, 02:14:59 AM »

BL - sounds like you are having a blast - enjoy ;D

oldguy

« Reply #9899 on: October 07, 2023, 02:21:10 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers

Cat Obsessed With Baby Brother Thinks He’s Also A Baby   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb1ODjHX5_I

The Funniest Cat Memes #25   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4XGaFc63iY

Shelter Cat Snuck Into a Baby's Bed At Night   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjNio5AsKV0