Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 490119 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7890 on: August 08, 2023, 09:20:30 AM »

Aw yes Lisa now starts the planning/logistics of fitting things together, for Kelly and Bradley - and you and Jeff.  A step higher in organization.

I'm fixated on getting DH2 into the next plateau.  Does she have any idea of what's ahead for her?  I don't see that.  I know there was report of munching on road kill.  But has she ever caught anything on her own???  All it has been is sitting and squawking - sit in N1, sit on Y, sit on cliff, sitting and squawking.  Whatever will happen in a week when RRP has squatting rights?  I've never seen them even catch a pic of her at the raceways.  Water-splash-food!  Has she put together the connection?

Then there's the art of flying and new adventures. . .So far it's about a 1/4 mile square habitat?  She obviously doesn't have the same travel lust that I do.  Even DHF - she's been on sentry duty.  She needs her break.  Has DHM been around at all recently.  Without other eaglets or nearby other nest - I mentioned before - our little one has faced a limited/sheltered upbringing.  Then there's us, too.  RRP and beakers all are getting schooled on results of an alternate first year.  There may never be a need to band DH2; she's going to be with us forever?  (But then that would be new possible lifestyle we don't know about?)

A year of learning for all of us.

P

Puff, I think DH2 has discovered there is food in those tanks over there where my parents keep flying!  This is the closest we have seen on cam this morning DH2 to the raceways, as DH2 was in pines behind the hatchery shop.  I think that is what they call it?

karengramke

« Reply #7891 on: August 08, 2023, 09:52:31 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  When I opened the door to the porch a few hours ago it felt like I might have walked into a sauna!  Oooh!   Another excessive heat warning today! Supposed to be winter in Antartica now but they are growing watermelon there now!

Nice afternoon yesterday for you and Jim, Phyl.  I  am glad you and he both enjoyed it.

Thanks for reminding us of the sadness at Norfolk BGs.   Noce statue there.

Lisa, good thar Bradley has all that paid time off but the cost of tgat is reflected somewhere!  Just saying!  He can taje care of baby, referee the kitties and work all at the same time!  A true multitasker!

Lani, hugs for Aly!  Wonder if a Ford dealer good discover the source of tge oil leak?   It is maddening when things do not work!

Getting ready for hh worker..   Want to get out this afternoon for a few errands!   

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7892 on: August 08, 2023, 11:05:24 AM »

Bearstudy -  Mothers, Cubs, and More - UPDATE August 6, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4793-mothers-cubs-and-more-update-august-6-2023.html

Jewel now 14 years old  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen, it is a Ford Dealer repair shop that's been working on the car. It's still there, oh and now they lost the keys. They came by this morning for the extra set.  :-\. ... sorry about the humidity you're experiencing. It's 47% humidity here, our high will be 85, a much better day here.  :).  Mike will experience 109 temps in Gila Bend today... Take care  :-*

Eagles, Mike's very disappointed about this car.  :( Hopefully, it's repaired this week. Repair shop will drop it off here when job is done.

{{{Puff}}}

Tig, I love Alan Rickman too, especially in the Potter movies. He filled the screen with just one look, glance or word from him. I found him to be a more interesting character than the others.

Kb, good looking turkeys, but not for long  :o. YIKES! 

Lisa, It's wonderful for Sydney that her mom and dad have her care schedule planned.  :-*  Mike's mom and grandmother helped me after Aly was born. My dear MIL was always near  :-* ... awww, great catch of a watchful DH2 hiding in the trees.

Tsk, Mike's car is still at the repair shop and won't be driven until everything works and no leaks. It costs $185 to get it towed anywhere.

Clynn, Thank you for more info on "Lady", it was a sad learning curb for all of us. {{{Iris}}}  :-*

Phyl, Anthony's heart remains home. Thanks for sharing your visit to the Beatrix Potter exhibit. Aly and I enjoyed watching "Miss Potter" movie.

T40, thanks for link

This is cute!  ;D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1688914204324134912
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7893 on: August 08, 2023, 01:25:45 PM »

bounce
Da puppies are here! Yay...
Nap time (after the run around and mark the yard). They will be here for 2 nights.
I only deadheaded about half the day lillies today and I have a half a 5 gallon bucket full. Phew. 81 degrees and not much breeze.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7894 on: August 08, 2023, 02:50:35 PM »

CLYNN  Thanks for posting the statue of the Norfolk Lady - I don't remember seeing that.  Also for more details that become familiar as you tell the story.

LISA   Sounds like Kelly and Bradley have it made with the time off and paid leave.

KB  WOW  Nature in action with the coyote and turkeys  :o

LANI  Thanks for the bear report.  Jewel - 14  Where does the time go?   Ford lost your keys  sigh - What next...Hopefully when they drop off the fully repaired car it will come with an extra set of keys  ::) ::)       "Everything's mine"  LOLOL

TIG   Puppy diversion ahead.  Yard work will wait.  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #7895 on: August 08, 2023, 03:28:50 PM »

karen - Hope you got out the house for a bit with the HH worker for your errands.

Lani - Oh no on the dealership losing the keys!  Sounds like you are having about as good of luck as I did with car repairs.  Thanks for the update on Jewel. 

tig - I bet you are happy the pups are there...enjoy!

tsk - Yes, Bradley has excellent benefits at his job.  I am not sure about what all time Kelly gets, but I just remember her saying she only gets 6 or 12 weeks for maternity leave. 

Bradley sent me this sweet pic of Sydney earlier, along with a few others, but this one was my favorite.

kbshcb

« Reply #7896 on: August 08, 2023, 03:32:42 PM »

Oof, too busy to post or read today.....but,

Had Andrew out to tie up arbors from our April 1 ice/snowstorm....did the road side 9......will return in the fall to do the north side.....

Have my plumbing contractor coming in the am tomorrow....no water use after 9-10 am...you know, toilets etc...will be fun!

Also walked Ollie, toe nail clipping at Vet etc....so....
See you all who knows when.

BTW Andrew in the fall or spring will be able to re-do my roof over my front steps....Yah!....

I raised Chris all by myself till he was 13 years old....no family till he was 2 plus when I moved home...you all are very lucky.

My son's biological father disappeared at 5 days old.....be grateful...I had my own practice/self employed business etc.

LisaG1967

« Reply #7897 on: August 08, 2023, 05:35:00 PM »

kb - It is hard being a single parent, and it seems like you did a good job.  Glad to hear that Andrew is helping you out with things.  Good luck with the plumbing job tomorrow!

Have a good night, Beakers!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7898 on: August 08, 2023, 06:11:36 PM »

LISA  This is one cute little Sydney!!!!  Now a little person with eyes open.  ;D

KB    I'm not sure I knew that about Chris.  You've had a very tough life!!!   Andrew is a real life saver for you.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #7899 on: August 08, 2023, 06:16:41 PM »

LISA  This is one cute little Sydney!!!!  Now a little person with eyes open.  ;D

KB    I'm not sure I knew that about Chris.  You've had a very tough life!!!   Andrew is a real life saver for you.

Thanks, tsk....yes I have...but I've survived.....frankly I like the company the most of those who've suffered in life...they are the most authentic to me.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7900 on: August 08, 2023, 06:34:51 PM »

https://nationaltoday.com/international-cat-day/
Also has a fact filled video on this site.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7901 on: August 08, 2023, 06:35:46 PM »

Hi mich-pip !      "mich'   nice to see you here.

Tsk- love your humidity %s; So happy you enjoyed what little I could bring of Beatrix Potter exhibit to our chat for you. Wish I had been more daring. LOL
      I've checked about the gift shop to see if there was 'online shoppin' sadly not. It there had been you could have browsed and purchased and shipped to your door.
       Andy Warhol, ah so.

CLynn- such a sad, sad story about Norfolk MOM and Dad; lovely thought with the statue tks for sharing; Hellgate Osprey Cam and Iris indeed the drama of Hellgate.
Great snaps from Susan too.

BL- enjoyed your beaver story

Lisa-  LOL Bradley not sharing Sydney. The two ladies need to bond and form that relationship that only Mothers and Daughters know.   The entire maternity leave issue has certainly evolved over the decades.  Just look at that onesie and those rabbit head footies.  ;D

Oh Tig! Are you a 'potterhead' too?  What memoriabilia have you collected over the years. I've gone so far as to have a replica of Harry's trunk and stuff the thing with all
           the Potter this, that and the other I have spare cash to spend!  :-[   Alan Rickman "Always'  Been a huge fan ever since I saw  'Truely, Madly, Deeply."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truly,_Madly,_Deeply

Puff- when comes to the bald eagles---you always manage to ask the 'right questions'. Thanks  I've been curious too

E4E/KB - sure shoot'n that coyote was tracking for some chow

KB- so glad you have Andrew and he's going to help. Sorry ot hear of your early days as a mom. It took 'grit'. Suffice to say, 'Some men should be sterile'.  :-X

Hi Karen how was your afternoon?  Did the HH worker help? And, Piper?

Lani- tks for Bear Study-nice little rundown on the bears and their cubs . Jewell.  Tks Dr Rogers for all you do.  ;)   Sorry to hear of Mike's ongoing probs with the dealer ship.   Lost the keys, they did? It's a dealer ship---can't they cut some new ones and give your only set back?
I've seen 'Miss Potter' with Renee Zellweger.  Beatrix Heelis nee Potter.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7902 on: August 08, 2023, 06:40:58 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7903 on: August 08, 2023, 06:49:38 PM »

No Phyl I'm not. I often do things because my husband wants to...
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Ginger52

• E Central IA
« Reply #7904 on: August 08, 2023, 07:55:31 PM »

Dad Norfolk is still going strong.  He and his current mate, Lady Jane, fledged two eaglets this year.
Their nest is on private property and there is no cam.