Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 479553 times)

T40cfr403

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8641 on: September 01, 2023, 12:07:55 PM »

Lani - Cute lil pup this morning.  I am most definitely am going to be resting.  I thought the muscle relaxer would take the edge off, but it is not helping.  Pretty pic of Iris.

tig - Dinner out would be my choice...LOL

oldguy -  Ditto what Lani said!

kb - LOL, came home to this!  The menu looks good.  Hard to decide if I want the french dip or the wood-fired rotisserie turkey sandwich  :D

E4E - Thank you  :)

Puff

« Reply #8642 on: September 01, 2023, 12:09:29 PM »

OG Funny part of the grabbers - No step at all once in shower, 1/2".  Garage step up maybe 'bout an inch.  "Balance" would be the main correction.  Patio step/door is a real 'dare you'.  It's about 2" with a door to be held upon use.  One added problem would be coming in either door with a grocery bag.  Cost?  $10  It's a gimme.

KB I'd drive it if the food as it is as tempting as the menu.

P

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8643 on: September 01, 2023, 12:42:45 PM »

These pumpkin bars have swirls of pumpkin pie filling and creamy cheesecake baked in a buttery graham cracker crust.

Spriced Pumpkin Iced Latte

« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 12:51:00 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #8644 on: September 01, 2023, 02:29:11 PM »

Home now....and of course the lunch was fun and delicious...Chris dropped me off and picked me up too!
Lisa - we've had the turkey sandwich before which is delicious, not yet tried the french dip, but you remind me!

I had the BLT which for the first time in many was a titch too smooshy....meaning they added tomato paste or the tomato or avacado made the bread a bit wet......hmmm?
Chris had the chicken sandwich and he loved it when we came home.

But mostly a friend get together which was just lovely as was the restaurant.

kbshcb

« Reply #8645 on: September 01, 2023, 02:36:09 PM »

Outside on our way home...Left to right: Me, ssrl, and Pam...all Bloomington growing up kids!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8646 on: September 01, 2023, 02:54:51 PM »

The caption reads: Came home to this, and I only own the dog!...

speaking of wildlife, er um, in urban areas that is, LOL, came home myself to see a squirrel inside my screened in porch, other than the screen door open for Ollie...When it saw me it tried to get out everywhere other than the open door...almost wrecked my screen....he was just sitting on my couch, probably contemplating tearing up the towel I put on the couch to protect from dog hair!
Well, Ollie man, saw the same time I did, quickly ran into the porch, but luckily headed out and down the steps, missing a total disaster should he have stayed in the porch....no way out for that squirrel for sure...
Whew..Ollie has a dog door in the wall to come and go as he pleases...it's that time of year when squirrels are getting awful squirrely digging and preparing for winter.

Been busy running errands in preparation for a lady lunch!...first time all summer...has a lovely sort of indoor outdoor patio with ceiling fans so should beat the heat somewhat.
I will bring something home for Chris so no dinner making for me tonight! The menu:
https://www.covedina.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2023/05/COVEdina_Lunch_05.23-1.pdf

KB, I don't think that squirrel will come back in your screened porch.  ;D  Hmmm, regarding Lady Lunch and those menu options... Thanks, don't mind if I do... I wish I could go for the PEI Mussels, which I used to love! But I developed an unusual, and very nasty, reaction to eating them... a real surprise the first time it happened, too. I found out by research that it is a known response that some people develop, quite out of the blue, like I did!  Sooo... I'll start with the Lobster Guac instead - it says it's a share plate, so anyone can join me on that dish, if they really must... extra tortilla chips with that, please  ;) ... and I will follow that with the Proscuitto, Melon & Burrata, then the Tomato & Watermelon Panzanella Salad, then on to the Seared Sea Scallops with, yum! pork belly!  :-*  What?!?!? No dessert??!!??   8) ;D ;D ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #8647 on: September 01, 2023, 03:15:15 PM »

baz - you are too funny....Pam did have the crab cake....yum, she said esp as she spent a great deal of time living in Massachusetts...she also is the only one who ordered a desert....a cake which we all did partake in!....when I lived in Los Angeles I ate most of the seafood mentioned esp loved the crab cakes....not from the Pacific ya know..but octopus and all others.

Since back home living in the Midwest I've ended up only eating Atlantic salmon and some tilapia....I'll have to expand my repertoire.....but I do kind of feel on a gut level and gut interest inclined to eat from the geographical area I live in....btw, I'm almost 100 percent Norwegian so I do love my butter, cheese and dairy!
If you get my gist.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8648 on: September 01, 2023, 03:26:10 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

Since my Lady Lunch choices are pure "wish list" choices, I will be cooking something out of my freezer - you know I'm trying to get to the bottom of it so I can finally order a new refrigerator... and I'm making good progress towards that now, too. So I'm thawing the last two big sweet Italian sausage links, made in the store, and they are yummy. I will cook both, but save one to re-heat for another meal. I'm going to bake a small sweet potato - eat half/save half - and roast a yellow summer squash, sliced in half lengthwise. Ditto on eat one half, and save the other. So I will freeze and reheat the leftovers for the exact same meal some other night this weekend.  ::) And so it goes...

Take care, and have a relaxing weekend, Beakers!  :)

Oh... I forgot...  8)

The question of dessert has been answered.  ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8649 on: September 01, 2023, 05:02:26 PM »

PUFF   Glad to see you are taking care of a lot of those safety issues around your house.  Very smart move.  I'm training Lulu not to cross over in front of my feet as I come down the stairs in the AM.  Never have any of our cats ever done that.

CLYNN  I'm waiting for the day that Tim and I say " I can smell fall in the air today"  LOL  Back in the early 70's I met a friend in San Diego and we took the Pacific Coast highway up to San Fran where she had a cousin.  Took our time and was so glad to be in the inside lane south to north  :o  GORGEOUS   Had a little instamatic camera at the time - archaic in this day and age.   Sydney sea eagles  back up and running  ;D

BL   Thanks - that's what I wanted to hear   :o  Not too much phases you both.  Maybe raised by wolves??? ;) ;) ;)

KB   Front porch pic is SO funny  " I only own the dog"  LOLOL   Great.  A day out for you - Loved the PIC  Now I know who you went with so deleted my question  LOL  Menu looks like I'd have a hard time choosing.  Whoopee your porch remains intact  :o   Oh my  that tiny girl and heavy dog  :o

LANI   Like your Sept AM photo  True fall.   Mike back home and now cooking for two again  ;)

T40  It's not Saturday.... ;)    Cat with the tiny bottle at the edge - smart cat  ;D   OK  I jumped when the Blue Angel zoomed by  :o    24 hour flight thing was good too.

LISA  Are the bar and mat installed yet??  Maybe another day of aches and you'll be good to go.  I really overdid it three days ago and compounded it by dragging out my big Hoover upright which I use occasionally on my new carpeting for a deeper vacuuming of cat hair.  Even at the "high" setting that sucker was so hard to push.  Back muscles so sore I did nothing the day after   :P     48 hours I was OK.

LORI   Now I am really ready for fall to begin ...Tell the 90's that tho for the next 5 days .

BAZI  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   I vote for 1 oz of dark chocolate daily as life saving  :D
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8650 on: September 01, 2023, 05:27:29 PM »

baz, love the voices in your head, don't argue with yourself! LOLOL! Smart idea, making 2 meals at once! Holey moley, I need to follow your example and work on eating what is in the freezer.

karen called me (she has been charging her phone in her car), the power wasn't on at 10:00, they changed the time t0 12:30 and they missed that one too.  They hadn't given a new time when I talked to her...

Lori, love all your sweet September cuties and goodies! Love Autumn, I think we all do!  That cheesecake is so yummy looking! I am going to look up the recipe! Pumpkin is the word !

Lisa, sounds like you are pretty sore today, it's always worse the day after a fall in my opinion. Hopefully it will feel better tomorrow...

T40, love the Tony Baker, always funny! The first one was cute, the chattering cats!  Air traffic video crazy!

Lani, I can remember dust storms from when we lived near Phoenix. It even came through the screens on the windows, all over the place. That's where you needed one of those big car dusters!  I bet the forest smells so good after a rain, I have 2 pine trees and I love to walk around them after a rain... Iris, she is a beauty! She will soon be heading for southern regions...

Baby Beatles 🎻❤️

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Kitty Carlyle  · IRIS 08-31-2023

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8651 on: September 01, 2023, 05:32:39 PM »

some bounce
Picked up Little Caesars on the way home. Pizza for Camper and wings for me.
Lisa... Hope you are better today.
KB... Glad you had a great time.
BBL
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 05:56:07 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #8652 on: September 01, 2023, 06:13:59 PM »

tsk  Lots of sights to see, too.  I think we covered about 10 of the missons.  Oh, and one of the missions, Santa Barbara, even had a wedding happening.  And, swear on a stack of Bibles, the swallows were there.  Greatest little cliff restaurant is on the #1 and hanging off/on the cliff, great sea food, Rocky Point.  You can smell the ocean and  feel the breakers.  And I don't believe you didn't stop for a glass of CA wine at Spyglass, Pebble Beach?

P     

T40cfr403

« Reply #8653 on: September 01, 2023, 06:14:13 PM »

tsk - I really do know what day it is.:P ;D I just forget to add I wasn't going to be around Saturday. :P :P
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8654 on: September 01, 2023, 06:59:37 PM »

CLYNN   Smart gal charging her phone in the car.  Hope she is keeping her frig. closed!  Think she may have to pitch anyway.  Baby Beatles - I've never scene that before.    Iris has still got it - God bless her.

PUFF   Friend and I in fact DID stop for a glass of wine at Pebble Beach.   ;D  ;D  Loved the Monterrey Peninsula.  I remember the Hearst mansion and San Juan Capistrano.  We saw so much I would never remember like you do!!!

T40 - I guessed that  ;D ;D ;) ;)  Have a good weekend and thanks for being proactive  LOL
Chicagoland