Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 155548 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4200 on: May 07, 2024, 06:26:35 AM »

These are so late getting posted.  :(
As you know alot going on ---on my end---especially with Jim's health

Cane Ridge Bluebirds, Cane Ridge, Tennessee April/May 2024

"They've fledged !"

4-19-24 3:03 pm I was very late in my monitoring as my husband, who,usually does the photo taking and reporting
back to me for documentation /posting. Has been in Southern Hills Med Ctr. for some AFib and draining his lungs of
fluid that's been sitting  inside his  chest cavity.

4-23-24 12:54 pm Mom with CR# 65 or 66 on feeder pole.  With the 'kids' having left home (fledge) while I was
occupied with Jim's hospital stay. I wasn't able to fully ID them according to their development/markings and all.
So after 22 years of following our bluebirds I thought I was qualified in making an 'educated guess'.

The fledglings have returned from 'flight school' . Guessamation the fledglings have been in training about a week.

4-23-24 12:54 pm Mom with CR# 65 or 66 on feeder pole.  With the 'kids' having left home (fledge) while I was
occupied with Jim's hospital stay. I wasn't able to fully ID them according to their development/markings and all.
So after 22 years of following our bluebirds I thought I was qualified in making an 'educated guess'.

The fledglings have returned from 'flight school' . Guessamation the fledglings have been in training about a week.

4-27-24 10:09 am
First Clutch: CR 67 or 68 perched on nesting box #2.

4-28-24 2:25 pm
 Likely CR #65 introducing himself.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4201 on: May 07, 2024, 06:28:23 AM »

4-28-24 2:30pm
First Clutch: CR #s 66 and 67 with Mom CR44.
The boys have been flying about giving me a real work out with the camera. While Mom takes a break from the nest in box #1.

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4202 on: May 07, 2024, 06:39:00 AM »

KAREN   Hope those shots work today  ;) :-*

PHYL   Good to hear Jim's first day went well.  :)  Pretty night light.  Some happy green frogs  LOL 365  And so begins another generation of Cane ridge bluebirds!

LANI    Had to google a bit of info on the Salish indigenous tribe...native to Pacific NW...
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #4203 on: May 07, 2024, 06:43:50 AM »

Second clutch: 4-24-24 3:05 pm

Jim took this suspecting a new nest for 2nd cuddle. 2 new eggs .
Two BBs starting at 12 O'clock we have CR. #s 65 and 66.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4204 on: May 07, 2024, 06:43:59 AM »

5-6-24 4:09 pm
Second Clutch: Two more eggs have been laid, giving us Cane Ridge #s 65, 66, 67, 68.

This should be 'it' for their nesting season.
However stranger 'things' have happened in Bluebird World.

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4205 on: May 07, 2024, 06:44:51 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I want to thank you all for the wonderful birthday cards and goodies yesterday! We had a great dinner at Applebee's and my WeatherTech  is on the way (backordered). I made my cake, buttermilk white with whipped cream and strawberries, it was a big hit! And today I am going to the greenhouse! Couldn't ask for more!

Phyl, great pics of the Cane Ridge Bluebirds! Wow, the first batch has already fledged! Strange sounding frog in the 365! Jim will be proud of your pictures and documentation! And more eggs! They are beautiful!

Lani, beautiful sunset with the spiraling clouds! Just checked on Iris, she is sleeping peacefully...

Phyl, I love that lamp in your post!  Beautiful eagle on the Flyway!  Hoping Jim is better each day, hugs for you and Maggie...

tsk, maybe I will try moss rose out by the mailbox.  Lots of sun there! I don't have a full sun place in my front gardens, lots of shade.

karen, hope you get some good relief from the shots today!

Decorah North

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #4206 on: May 07, 2024, 09:17:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - Good luck with the shos in your back.  I hope you get some relief.

Phyl - Glad to hear that Jim had a good day, and is taking breaks.  Thanks for all the pics and links.

Lani - Love that good night picture...beautiful!

tsk - Pretty morning greeting.

clynn - Sounds like you had a great birthday.  Cake sounds yummy.  Great picture of the North kiddos. 

karengramke

« Reply #4207 on: May 07, 2024, 10:43:04 AM »

Shots  on Thursday!  Errands today, maybe buy I am slow getting going today!  Temps now 84 going to 90!   Three days of this and then a few days of some 70s and low 80s.
My first group on house finches fledged but now I think she is sitting on another group of eggs!   It does not seem to bother her when the yard folks blow the stuff off the porch , folks come in or the plants are watered!
My dear father would be 120 years old today!  Hard  for me to believe!  Time flies!
Ri

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4208 on: May 07, 2024, 11:35:54 AM »

Royal Albatross

TF (Top Flat) and TFT (Top Flat Track) have been identified as males after test. ;D
Both chicks have been moving about more to visit with each other or other chick nests close by. 

5/7 - Top Flat chick is 105 days old and weighs 7.9 kg just after 10 am this morning. Average weight for 105-day old male is 7.8 kg. Last week’s weight was also 7.9 kg as LGK and LGL had both been in the day before. Top Flat chick has been fed by both parents frequently over the last week, some feeds have been quite large, but there has been a gap just prior to weighing.

The heaviest chick today was 9.9 kg.

TF chick has moved further downhill near neighbor TFT

TF chick enjoying the lower view on the hill  ;D

The last chick at top flat, Miss NTF (North Top Flat), ventured a little further around this time to have a chat with TF....  She was very funny.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, cute nature video.... congrats on another nest of BB eggs, your neighborhood must be full of the BB songs.... glad Jim is getting stronger every day.

Clynn, you'll love the WeatherTech. We love ours, perfect for Mike's hard use too.... glad you had a lovely birthday, yummy cake!  ;D .... awww the sweet DN eaglets are doing well.  :-*

{{{Karen}}} oh my 120 yrs, happy heavenly birthday prayers for your father..... good luck to mama Finch. Nothing bothers them. LOL! ...take care doing errands.

Hi Puff, Tig, Kb, Lisa, have a good day!

Eagles, you must be busy  ???

Mike left for Texas today, he'll be back Thursday night.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4209 on: May 07, 2024, 12:34:51 PM »

PHYL  Those are such beautiful blue eggs -

CLYNN  What WeatherTech product are you getting?

LISA   Nice cuppa this AM  Norwegian?

LANI   Quite a nice community of fellowship among those Albies  LOL   (((Mike)))  safe trip.

BOY  Did we get some heavy rain for about 30-45 min this AM another 1"    More to come  - they say severe - this afternoon.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #4210 on: May 07, 2024, 01:58:10 PM »

I've been outside working, of course, LOL....edge cut my bricks along my driveway.

Therefore, I learned from a neighbor who would know, the house on my block exploded from a gas dryer.

I wondered which appliance was the culprit.

The new owners bought and installed themselves I believe a new dryer....I was confused when she explained there were 2 gas lines?...one was on, one was off or partially off?

the teenage daughter smelled the "rotten egg smell" as she slept downstairs but didn't know what it meant.
The parents apparently didn't sleep there.

Meanwhile, another house gas explosion in Princeton MN, this time, 2 adults deceased...

DIY gas is not allowed imho unless you are an expert.

karengramke

« Reply #4211 on: May 07, 2024, 02:47:17 PM »

Tsk, Puff and others, Tornado watch for you until☹️5:30!  Hope it expires with no damage to anyone!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 08:55:36 PM by karengramke »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4212 on: May 07, 2024, 03:38:36 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I had a follow-up visit with the OT for my hand today. I go back to her again in a week, and I will go back to the hand ortho in early June. I'm making good progress on mobility, continuing those exercises. Today she added some new coordination exercises. I expect to start strength training exercises at next appt. She has me still not lifting anything over 1-2 lbs at most with my right hand. I have been doing all the mobility exercises she prescribed for home, and they have made for a great improvement. This past Sunday I could put the key into my car's ignition, start the car, and also could twist it to the off position and remove the key, all with only my right hand - they way that is normal, for older cars with no key fob or start button, donchaknow.  ;)  Yay! And also, this past Sunday, I was able to use my right hand to hold and adjust my binoculars. Big YAY!  :D

I hope everyone is staying alert and safe who are in the path of severe weather. So much loss and heartbreak in so many places. Prayers for all who have suffered from the storms.

(((Take care, All.)))
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4213 on: May 07, 2024, 03:40:43 PM »

Bounce
I had gas today. Woohoo the dental kind. Just a small repair. But it's a nice drive for camper and I through the countryside into the next state and back. We just stopped in Stillwater for a treat.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4214 on: May 07, 2024, 04:38:11 PM »

KB   So the teenage dtr got out in time...Gas is pretty easy to smell - then you get out or turn off the gas...Hmmm

KAREN   Our neighborhood was spared the awful storms that hit more SW burbs this afternoon.  Puff might report more activity.

BAZI   You are the perfect patient!!!  You follow directions and make excellent progress!!!  Much of the daily activities are exercise.
Chicagoland