Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 545412 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7635 on: August 01, 2023, 08:11:06 AM »

Happy August!  School starting here on Monday!  Seems very early to me but they get so many weeks off during the year now that I guess they have to begin in the summer!
(((Lisa)))
Tsk, great that the Botanical Gardens has an accommodation’s , for those with decreased mobility!   Did you have lunch there?   Once had a wonderful lunch at the Art Institute!   Ery enjoyable.

Lani, I watched some of Peytons race on utube, Sunday!  Could not tell who he was but did comment on the bunching up of the racers !  Much like a horse race.  Hope he is happy with his time and inspired to.  Continue running or playing baseball!   Nice, joyful family reunion.
Thanks for sharing the story of the cab driver and the old woman.  I has read that before.  A nice sad!

Bl,  ;D

Kb, call legal aid for advice. Or referral to an attorney for advice.  Can you find an attorney who will take the case on consignment? Your agent is the one who should. Have made the call.  Not a big fan of sf.

Phyl, Anthony squeeing for fish!

Cancelled  my weekend  hh workers.  Cut hours to 12 to 4 and may cancel Fridays.
Tired of paying for them to sit around
  May have to start them back.  Will see.  Went to 3 places yesterday with a cane and did ok!  Will keep practicing!

Enjoy the day

kbshcb

« Reply #7636 on: August 01, 2023, 08:42:08 AM »

BL - Love that first Joni Mitchell video...she's so gorgeous and poetic...no words really are adequate to describe her..

Yes, of course I'll end up paying for most of the sewer pipe repair...just not expected...I have waited for 2 weeks after submitting an estimate only to find they hadn't yet submitted my claim to their claims rep. And, now another week am waiting for said Claims rep to contact me...that's what he told me to do before I ordered the plumbing contractor who knows exactly what to do...

I do think however this issue is worth sharing for other people to hopefully not find themselves in the same unexpected situation..that really isn't okay. My premium for one didn't get reduced with the lowering of payout for the last 5 years..Changing insurance companies really isn't a benefit...They all are in cahoots with each other ya know.

My whole life I've gone the extra mile to protect others including being a witness at my State Capitol for several reforms one of which actually ended up changing Federal OSHA rules...
Wish more people would stand up and speak out frankly. To warn and/or cause change.
I think it's what God called me to do.

Oh btw, did you see how much rice has gone up in cost?....one small bag of Basmati Rice in my town is now close to 13 bucks..... ;)

Clynn - it's required by law in many states. And curiously my new agent told me they should have and he would have called me if he were my then agent.

Funnily, she, now on maternity leave, did call me multiple times in the last 3 years asking if I wanted Umbrella coverage or any other add ons...but forgot to review my file to see I was paying for something I didn't really have?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 08:46:29 AM by kbshcb »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7637 on: August 01, 2023, 11:24:40 AM »

Nanny checking on new baby to the TRR Sloth nursery. They haven't named it yet. :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

BL, I had to look up Lahar like Clynn. ... Love Joni Mitchell.

Phyl, beautiful sunrise

Clynn, Your list of westerns are my favorites too. I watch reruns! Frightening bee hive at first glance, but there is a beauty in its creation! I'm sure that shed hasn't been used in years.
My two girls are allergic to bees. Shannon had to keep an epi pen for sting bites with her when she played tennis tournaments in her teens.

{{{Hugs Lisa}}} "Another Day Another Dealership" LOL! .... our washer transmission has been sitting in Fedex Phoenix warehouse since Sunday.  ::) ... I hope there isn't a book out there like that too. I've had friends whose DILs limited who could see their babies the first few weeks or so. But, grandparents were allowed. Geez, this is like keeping the name they choose from you too. I'm sorry  :-*

Tsk, sounds like you and Tim had a nice day.

Tig, I've seen a couple of DIY suggestions on how to get rid of a wasps nest online. Take care and good luck.

{{{Karen}}} You are doing super!  :-* ..... We tried finding Peyton's race online and found a tape of a young man that broke the record for the 1500m race. But Peyton's not in that one. And I didn't see his name listed on the board.... He was wearing an orange shirt/black shorts and in middle of pack.

Kb, Safeway has Basmati rice at $3.99 per 32 ounce bag right now. The name brands are more expensive.... our agent calls us when there are changes. We've had to deal with them too often this year. It's a headache.  :-\ ... good luck.... beautiful morning pic.

Happy August!!

This is Black Bear Lucky when he was a yearling 2007  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

weasel65

« Reply #7638 on: August 01, 2023, 11:54:55 AM »

KB - I would ask for proof of the phone call.  Who called and who did they speak with.  They should have documented your file with that information.

kbshcb

« Reply #7639 on: August 01, 2023, 12:15:26 PM »

KB - I would ask for proof of the phone call.  Who called and who did they speak with.  They should have documented your file with that information.

They admitted they didn't call me...thanks though.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7640 on: August 01, 2023, 12:23:07 PM »

CLYNN  The Ponderosa...  LOLOL  I see I meant Bonanza.  It didn't sound right but couldn't figure out why.  I still watch reruns when I happen upon them  LOL   Bee article is cool.  What a piece of artwork.  Trivia question - what food never spoils - honey!  Osprey on the edge is like me not looking when Lulu jumps the ledge overlook the living area below  YIKES

LISA  My niece did the three week thing with her first born 14 yrs ago...Second born - not so sure.  " Another day another dealership"  LOL  Hope your car repair goes well without incident. :o

TIG  Hmm  let the nest alone would be my vote unless it is near a door or bothering anyone - when empty - can it be whacked down with a broom?

KAREN  boy, that is a really early school start - around here many around the 3rd week.  Yes, at the garden during the summer they grill basic stuff outdoors on one of the patios.  Very $$ however but not something you do every day.  We enjoyed a spot in the shade that had opened up.  Burger for Tim and a brat for me  ;D   Do your HHAs prepare meals for you?, clean up a bit?  Did they take you to your 3 outings yesterday? You referenced  lot of sitting.

LANI  Love the nanny check in on the baby sloth  ;D   Awww  Lucky's baby picture  ;D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 03:53:09 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7641 on: August 01, 2023, 12:38:51 PM »

We've decided it best to have a professional remove the nest. It is too close to our weekly activities in the yard... and we don't move quickly enough to escape.
I contacted a plumber to do our bi-annual drain snaking... the first company wanted to charge $69 to diagnose the problem. Nope. The second company has a coupon for $99. I'll hold them to that. We know the problem since 1951. The pipe that goes from one side of the basement to the other is not angled sufficiently.
On to other projects today.

8)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

weasel65

« Reply #7642 on: August 01, 2023, 12:55:11 PM »

I think there is a legal concept called "raison d'être".  It means the reason for being. 

You relied on them, to your detriment, to notify you of the change to your policy.  They must have some sort of culpability for their omission of failing to call you.  Could you take it up in small claims court?

kbshcb

« Reply #7643 on: August 01, 2023, 01:44:59 PM »

I think there is a legal concept called "raison d'être".  It means the reason for being. 

You relied on them, to your detriment, to notify you of the change to your policy.  They must have some sort of culpability for their omission of failing to call you.  Could you take it up in small claims court?

I like it.....good question, weasel...

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7644 on: August 01, 2023, 01:52:07 PM »

We've decided it best to have a professional remove the nest. It is too close to our weekly activities in the yard... and we don't move quickly enough to escape.
I contacted a plumber to do our bi-annual drain snaking... the first company wanted to charge $69 to diagnose the problem. Nope. The second company has a coupon for $99. I'll hold them to that. We know the problem since 1951. The pipe that goes from one side of the basement to the other is not angled sufficiently.
On to other projects today.

8)

Great! We had a landscaper remove one underneath our patio a few years ago. They never returned.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7645 on: August 01, 2023, 02:15:27 PM »

BL-  ;D; look up 'lahar' got it.

Tsk-that's a nice idea 'tram'.  LOL '...hip to hip with strangers...who become less so..."  Lunch underneath shaded umbrellas? {{{Tim}}} feel better soon

CLynn-  awesome bee comb. Just awesome . Very self assured osprey at Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey . Youth knows no 'fear'.

Lisa- cheery good morn today; hope auto rtepair went well.     What I could rapidly find on newborn at home isolation https://www.sharp.com/health-news/visitor-boundaries-with-newborn-babies   and  https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+long+isolate+baby+after+birth&qs=SSA&pq=3+week+isolation+for+new+born&sk=SSA7&sc=9-29&cvid=CE3AD87C56C54E31A60DEDB9E04DE36B&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=8&lq=0
And might I add:  I saw a segment on news many moons ago that as the baby has the immunity from DNA, etc,  baby needs the antibodies that can only come from close contact with parents and relatives. It's been recommended that parents and grands cradle baby in lap and gently blow delicate puffs of air in their faces so baby inhales the air born antibodies. Just once of twice does it. 
 :o   OMG Phyl, are your crazy?!  No.   ;D

Bazi- I'll add to that list of Western TV Shows: Gunsmoke, Bonanza, High Chaparral,  Big Valley. The one's I watched growing up--- on the syndicated list, Have Gun Will Travel, Wagon Train, Pallidine and all mentioned

Gosh Tig- how scary...hope you get them eliminated soon. Lots of good suggestions made.

Karen- you're doing so well! Congrats.     RE: Anthony squeeing for fish--sans doute    ;)

KB- bee on clover blossom---yep that wonderful clover honey in the making

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7646 on: August 01, 2023, 02:22:21 PM »

Current 59 - warming to 69.

Kb - You might be able to get some free leqal advice for Seniors in your community/county area.  A few years ago when I was 60, I reached out for some free legal advice.  I found a number to call in my town and they helped me with advice and it didn't cost me anything.  Good luck Kb, I hope you get the help you deserve.

Baz - Yaaay on getting your car back!!   Cute comic  ;D

Phyl - Our chairs are actually in our back yard - and we are out there everyday!  We are definitely outdoor peeps and love being outside. 8)   Thanks for Amy's blog - makes it so easy to catch up on things. :)

Lani - Love the story you shared last evening - it really touched me. Thank you for posting.    Sweet little TRR sloth baby - cute pic!

Tsk - Glad you & Tim enjoyed the tram tour at the Gardens yesterday - always fun to have lunch - bet it felt good to get back home after a nice afternoon!

Clynn - Re what you mentioned to Baz;  I too remember nearly all of those westerns, as we had no choice either, but to watch what my Dad wanted to see on TV! Lol! ;D

LisaG - Hope all goes well at today's dealership! :)

Karen - Good suggestion for Kb.   Good for you in how you are staying active and going places using your cane - 'thumbs up' for you!!

Weasel - You make a good point for Kb and actually that is something I will remember too!  Okay, I see that Kb said that they have admitted to not calling her.

Tig - That sounds like the best solution - to have a professional do the removal.  You sure don't want to suffer any stings from those bees!

Beakers have a good afternoon.

karengramke

« Reply #7647 on: August 01, 2023, 02:25:29 PM »

God advice/suggestions from weasel!   I would not be waiting any longer or even this long if i could not flush tp!  Not sanitary and inconvenient!  No one at the company would do this!

Tsk, they do lights house keeping.   I just had to tell todays worker to empty the clothes dryer!  I get tired of having to tell them everything.  There is only so much vacuuming and moping you can do!  They will cook but none of them are any good! I asked one to cook a sunny side up egg and I got a look!  Did it myself! Most of them are quite marginal.  Very tiring.   They are good at i phones!

Love that picture of Lucky!  Sure is suitable for framing!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7648 on: August 01, 2023, 03:37:07 PM »

Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey Cam - Mary P. Siebert  · One of the chicks has been perched right on the sticks on the edge of the nest for quite some time today, not afraid of falling.  Pic from 14:41:32, July 31. 

Thanks, Clynn!  :D   Love this picture of the Boulder Osprey chicks!  :-*   I still vividly remember standing for a very long time at the end of the high diving board while looking out and down before taking my very first leap from it into that previously unknown.   :D

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

;) ;D

Lisa, now I see what the problem was with you not being able to get a status update about your car for so long! This note was on their door!

;D 8)

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 03:44:17 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7649 on: August 01, 2023, 04:01:33 PM »

TIG  Best to be safe and hire -  ;)  Too bad about the chronic drain problem...

Corrected my earlier "Ponderosa to Bonanza"  One of my more frequent "word finding" errors  LOL  ::) ::)

EAGLES  Good advice for KB.

BAZI    ;D ;D ;D Helen Wait ROTFL
Chicagoland