Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 546045 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3870 on: April 17, 2023, 08:55:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

In case anyone is wondering....NO kitties!  ::)

baz - We did pull the loveseat out a bit more, just in case...lol

kb - Looked up that restaurant, the food sounds delicious. I love a good patty melt, and that is something you don't mind on menu's around here.

Puff - Exactly, and glad that Murphy got the chance!  :-*

tsk - Reading your post from last night, poor Tim!  I can see why his BP is up.  I hope he, or the lady was moved to another room.  Praying all goes well with the angiogram today.  Keep us posted!!!

Lori - I will never get this A1C down with all those delicious goodies you post, cause I want to make them all.  ;D Great pics from Decorah & GSB!!  Thanks for the clynn message!

Phyl - Thanks for the kisses, pets and purrs for Misty. 

karen - You are welcome!  I hope we have kitties soon too, I am one tired Mama, just like lil Mama to be!

E4E - Thank you  :-*

Lani - Beautiful owl in your good night post.

clynn - Still have my nurse's outfit on this morning, waiting.......  ;D Awww, thanks for posting my pic. Look at those tiny talons!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3871 on: April 17, 2023, 09:51:16 AM »

CLYNN  Great to see you are home and missed the awful weather.  You have to order a new computer?  What does a "power" problem mean?  Cute pic of Erin's family.  :)   So how was the trip?  Have fun at the nursery?

KB  Thanks for the follow-up story on the eagle pair.  It answered my questions.

LISA   LOL  "You still have your nurses uniform on" 

Back to the hospital now  See you all later.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3872 on: April 17, 2023, 10:26:20 AM »

Lisa - They also make a great Philly sandwich...I keep forgetting that so your comment about a patty melt reminded me....I tend to go for the same ol same ol too much!...their Asian fries are to die for as well..pulled short ribs and cheese smothering their fries.
They are just down the street from the Tower's perch on the water tower as well, so kind of convenient, LOL

BL - what sretch of ol Miss is your pic of?

Waiting for a bit for warmer temps to take Ollie man out for a walk...we skipped the whole weekend due to the snow.

Menu of The Foundry for those interested:
https://firesidefoundry.com/richfield-richfield-fireside-foundry-food-menu
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 10:28:36 AM by kbshcb »

oldguy

« Reply #3873 on: April 17, 2023, 10:31:51 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

We got some snow in the air yesterday, but nothing stuck - last night we were on the edge of the snow band and temps stayed above freezing.  Windy this morning and partly sunny - expecting 58 for a high before dropping to 32 by morning.  The garden center staff were busy all day dragging plants off of the outdoor tables and putting them inside.  Overall it was a decent weekend for number of people and sales.

Today has lots of great celebrations...
Happy Tortoiseshell Cat Appreciation Day! 🤎   -   https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxiGpHNUyVILEeqxAApuTd72tVj_yCYlIz
National Calendar Days   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/category/april/april-17/

Pigged out at Pizza Ranch before cards Sat. night - got 2 games in - won the first by a good margin and lost the second - we had more points, but they went out and had just enough to win. ::)

KB - sorry I missed Chris's BD - so here is a decadent dessert for him...

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3874 on: April 17, 2023, 11:26:21 AM »

4/17/23-08:45am MT- Iris arrives with a branch.  Happy Monday. photo by Lucille Powell.💞😊

Happy Monday Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Oldguy, great menu at the Pizza Ranch. Thanks for links... love Chris's birthday dessert!  ;D

{{{Tsk}}} sending prayers for clear test and good news  🙏🏼

Kb, I'm glad both eagles were okay. I can't believe it snowed again.  :(

Lisa, Clynn posted your sweet pic of DH2, brrrr little one  :-* ... yes, keep your nurses outfit on LOL!

Welcome back Clynn! you were missed  :-* ... you're lucky to have a Tech advisor that does 24/7 service  ;D .. Erin/Sydney & munchkins look like they were having fun! ...  I posted pics of Harriet/Swoop yesterday, as well as Iris's big trout!  ;D ... How was your mom? Did you bring any plants home?

{{{Tig}}}

Lori, Today, a nice warm apple fritter would really make the morning for me!  :-*

Phyl, it's sad to see our nests covered with snow. {{{Sauces family}}}  :( I hope all is well with eaglets and eggs... 🙏🏼
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3875 on: April 17, 2023, 11:30:34 AM »

Royal Albatross cam 4/17 16:05

SP chick looking sleepy and full, this afternoon.  :-*

Could it be Mum L's afternoon tea, today? Most likely :)
L was also in yesterday too.
Sweet greetings from chick for Mum  :-*

https://twitter.com/i/status/1647916078792843264
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3876 on: April 17, 2023, 11:37:55 AM »

Happy Day Beakers!  :)

Welcome home, Clynn!  :)  Oh no, your computer... ugh. Glad you have built-in tech.  Erin is a great help for you.  Love their family selfie at the Monster Jam!  :D

((Tsk)), I'm so glad Tim's noisy neighbor has moved to another room, and hope he got better sleep last night. Though, for sure, hospitals are famous for being too noisy at night!  You think Housekeeping can clang the mops and garbage cans any louder at 2:30am??  ::)  Hope he gets some helpful info from the angiogram, and hope he is so much better that he gets out of that place soon.

OG, yum on the pizza feast, and a good night at cards.

BL, nice. And dry.

Lisa, I guess you are in 24/7 nurse's mode till Misty decides to drop that load!  ;) :-*

Lani, I hope your conference tasks are coming along as expected and you're getting some sleep now. So sorry about Mike's allergies... ugh... that is miserable.  Hope he gets some relief soon!

Lori and Phyl, thanks for nest and cam news!  :)  I need to go to the RRP site and check on the status of this nesting season at DNN. I must've missed out on why there isn't any egg or eaglet there, and what's going on with the Decorah North pair. I don't remember seeing any bad news at that nest this year.

E4E, great news that Kris was able to sell those parts!  Free up some space while adding some nice extra jingle to your pockets!  ;) :D

Karen, have fun picking out some pretty plants for your garden! Is Mickey still there to take you shopping for them? Or are you driving now, or getting rides from friends and neighbors?  You had asked about my Littlest Greatniece. She is doing well, and turned 5 years old last month! Her Baby Bro is 20 months old, and thinks his big sister is da bomb, so he mimics almost everything she does! LOL.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 03:42:14 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3877 on: April 17, 2023, 12:01:31 PM »

Lani, I was composing my post while you were posting yours, so I'm just now seeing what you just posted. SP chickis a big fat fluffy baby!  :-* :-*  Sooo glad Iris is home at her nest again this year!  I'm so hoping she will have a better nesting season than the last couple!  :-* :-* :-*

Beakers, just a heads up for those who enjoy watching good stuff about elephants... There is a new 4-episode docuseries special for TV, and also streaming on Hulu, Disney, and maybe elsewhere, coming this Friday and Saturday, on National Geographic channel, called, "Secrets of the Elephants" - there are 4 episodes that I know of.  The first 2 episodes run back-to-back Friday night on cable TV's National Geographic channel, and then Episodes 3 and 4 run back-to-back Saturday night. I've seen a few trailers for it - it's from James Cameron - you know all his stuff is so good, so I'm sure this will be excellent! I think you will be able to watch it online, also, but I can't say for certain when.

Here's a link to some info, with a trailer:
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/secrets-of-the-elephants

And a link to the 1 min. 49 sec. trailer:
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/secrets-of-the-elephants/video/most-recent/vdka33064401

If you google the title, Secrets of the Elephants, you will find more info about that special docuseries. It will follow several different elephant families in different parts of the world, and show the different behaviors they have in different places. I'm sure it will be excellent.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 12:12:17 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3878 on: April 17, 2023, 12:11:42 PM »

Later, gators!  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3879 on: April 17, 2023, 12:12:59 PM »

some bounce
KB / BL - sorry to butt in, but.... my guess is here: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/Itasca/headwaters.html

8)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #3880 on: April 17, 2023, 12:40:00 PM »

some bounce
KB / BL - sorry to butt in, but.... my guess is here: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/Itasca/headwaters.html

8)

Thanks, tig...thought you might answer my question...I assumed so given the width/depth but I didn't want to sound well, stupid ya know ;)

Got that walk in with Ollie and the wind was brutal until I got down in the "valley"....shoveled the rest of the snow/ice off the deck and furniture....gotta be ready for when it warms up again....maybe in July!...LOL

Thanks, Oldguy..
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 12:41:56 PM by kbshcb »

LisaG1967

« Reply #3881 on: April 17, 2023, 01:04:39 PM »

tsk - Keep us posted, good luck to Tim!

kb - I am kind of the same way, usually get the same thing when I go to the same restaurants.

oldguy - Glad to hear the snow miss you. 

baz - Yes, Jeff and I are in 24/7 mode.  We do not leave her and Bandit alone, and if we do, it is for a very short time.  We have not be out the house together since my birthday.  He misses grocery shopping, he says.  Believe me, my bill has been cheaper without him shopping with me.  ;D

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update, and great pics of Iris. 

Animal Control texted this morning to see if Misty had her kittens on Friday.  I responded back, with NO kittens!  They were like, oh my.  If she doesn't have them by Wednesday I need to let them know.  I'm guessing I will have to bring her up there again for them to look at.  Misty isn't worried about having kittens, she is laying on the floor enjoying this Spring weather with the windows open.  ;D

baziunc

« Reply #3882 on: April 17, 2023, 01:16:30 PM »

...Misty isn't worried about having kittens, she is laying on the floor enjoying this Spring weather with the windows open.  ;D

Lisa, LOL! Then I guess we will just have to say, "Don't worry, be Misty!"  ;) :D :-*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

I looked up the Decorah North nest history for this year because I had forgotten what had happened there this season. Found it at RRP's official website's DNN Eagles nest info, at: https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/decorah-north-nest/
It told me there, for DNN, "2023 Nest Records
Egg-Laying
DNF laid egg #1 on Tuesday, February 20 @ 8:46PM.
The Norths’ lone egg broke on March 21 at about 3:00 PM. At least five unknown eagles were hanging out near the North nest, which disturbed this year’s nesting season. We’re waiting to see if the North eagles reclutch."

I had totally missed, or forgotten about, there being only 1 egg laid at the DNN Eagle nest this year, and that it broke. I guess if the Norths were going to re-clutch this year, it would've happened already. Shoot. I hate they won't have any little eaglets to raise this year, and hope they will stay safe and healthy, and return next year for a successful nesting season then.  :-*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 01:24:03 PM by baziunc »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3883 on: April 17, 2023, 03:26:39 PM »

{{{Tsk}}}there has to be warmer days ahead. These are just 1/4' thick custom shaped with polish edges that lay (with silcone spacers) on top of the solid  deep dark cherry Queen Anne furniture tops for protection and easy of maintenance. They will add class too.
Sure glad the 'lady' was moved and hopefully Tim got more rest. Indeed, sending good vibes for Angiogram  today. Do keep us posted.   Pets to Lulu.

Hi Clynn glad you're home safe and sound dispite the rain and light snow. Too bad about your laptop though.  Sending prayers for Vesselina and her mom.
Nice family photos of Munchkins and Mom/Dad.

KB luv your owl "It's Spring...Nope" LOL  Great eagle video! "The Foundry" menu sound like a good Saturday night  pig-out!

Lisa  So no nurse duties today---so far.
Hi Karen

Bazi I saw  that " "Secrets of the Elephants"  advert when watching Disney + the other night. Looks interesting

Lani tks for the Iris update and  Lucille's photos.  Tks for Royal updates 'SP; looks sooooo fluffly. Still afraid of that beak. LOL

Sauces nest: seems ages ago that Dina hatched, fledged and spent  a little while with her Ps , Jak and Audacity before leaveing us.   But in reality it was just 3 yrs.  I think about her often and still wonder how she's gettin on and all.  Any way with Dina I really thought Sauces had turned a corner and egglet success was all that lie ahead.

OG   Hurrah---snow missed you. Sounds like a good card night---pizza is the perfect weekend food. Luscious birthday dessert for Kb's Chris  Love the Tortie kitty.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3884 on: April 17, 2023, 03:30:37 PM »

Edited

Animal Control texted this morning to see if Misty had her kittens on Friday.  I responded back, with NO kittens!  They were like, oh my.  If she doesn't have them by Wednesday I need to let them know.  I'm guessing I will have to bring her up there again for them to look at.  Misty isn't worried about having kittens, she is laying on the floor enjoying this Spring weather with the windows open.  ;D

Hope you get solid anwsers come this Wednesday about Misty travail.
But then, Well---if Misty's not worried ...
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan