Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 486987 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10650 on: October 29, 2023, 04:44:05 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

A pic that I took of Sydney, and her Pop(Jeff). 

clynn - I missed the part in your post about the kittens, how exciting!!  I hope Harley will be very accepting. 

karen - Thanks  :) 

Puff - Oops, forgot the toothbrush, but that is a good idea for the Christmas stocking!

Lani - Thanks  :)

kb - Love the close-up pics of Ollie.

tsk - Bradley and Kelly loved the Halloween bag for Sydney.

baz - I did have a great time with Sydney.

karengramke

« Reply #10651 on: October 29, 2023, 05:35:18 PM »

Lisa!  Wonderful picture!  If Jeff is Pop, who are you?  I have forgotten, if you have said.  Did you order in Chinese?  More pictures? Questions, questions, questions!   How does Bradley seem to be managing his hand?

Just finished a healthy  low calorie dinner!  Boiled shrump, no sauce . A baked potatoe wit just a tad of sour cream and grapes for desert!

Lisa, the .saints won!
The pack lost!😥😡😫😤
Will cheer da bears on this evening!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10652 on: October 29, 2023, 06:01:08 PM »

BAZI   I remember that song   LOL   "LLaminated"  ::) ;)

LISA  What a wonderful picture of both Pop and Sydney  :-* :-*

KAREN  Pack got almost creamed.   We'll see how DA BEARS do tonight  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10653 on: October 29, 2023, 06:59:17 PM »

Just showed Jim his birthday greetings...he loved them all,  as do I !
And, sends this to each and everyone of you...

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10654 on: October 29, 2023, 07:06:56 PM »

Phyl, hope Jim is still having a good birthday!

Lisa, sweet pic of Miss Sydney and Pop! She looks like such a happy baby, love her outfit! My great grandparents on my Mom's side were always called Mom & Pop...to this day although they have been gone since 1974! The greats on Grandpa's side were Granny and Gramps. Don't you love picking out the little things for Sydney! I try to stock up at the end of a season, for the next year! That first picture of Bella I posted yesterday was right after they got here, and look at her hair! So I got the brush out!

karen, good for you and your healthy dinner! I haven't picked out any names yet. It's very hard, I would like to have names that go together, but don't know yet if M/F, M/M or F/F!

baz, that chicken is hilarious! Bella got some jewelry, she was so excited! I have always had Siamese until we got Harley and Honey at the Animal Rescue League. You kind of have to get Siamese when you can around here. And they are not cheap. When Ed got the 2 for me in 2000 they were $100 each. This guy was asking $600 each, we offered $1,000 for two and he said yes. I have been trying to think of names! Not sure yet males or females or one of each. We are going to go meet them this week!

tsk, I think Bella looks so much older these days, especially in that picture with the jewelry on!

Lani, I am excited about the kittens, I hope and pray that Harley at least tolerates them! Here is a picture of Max & Emma when they were kittens, the lighter one was Emma, the Chocolate Point, and Max, a Seal Point. The 2nd pic is all three of them, Beanie was a Blue Point, He went to the Rainbow Bridge in 2007, Max & Emma in 2015..

Puff, it will get to 40 tomorrow so I will put my coleus plants to rest in the compost. ::)Along with the Impatiens. We have a big maple tree in the back, the ground will be covered an inch deep by the time the leaves all fall. We also have a big oak tree in front side yard. The leaves are turning the deep red, but it usually takes it all winter to lose all it's leaves. The 2 pines shed tons of pine needles, I love the smell on that side of the yard. The Burning Bush is turning red and the crabapple has lost nearly half. Winter is coming quickly! Hope you can get the fountain working in the Spring!

Taughannock Falls State Park In New York, USA!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 05:48:09 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #10655 on: October 29, 2023, 07:53:15 PM »

RIP Matthew Perry  It wasn't wasted!

Tsk Awwww...ghost jokes are hokey and flat.  But ..  I liked them  :)  Here's to your annuals surviving.

So glad Tig you're warming up in temp

KB
darling baby pygmy marmoset---amazing 'handy work' that goes into the tiniest of creations.

CLynn
your poor coleus   :(  Won't they do inside the house? Great JackO' Lantern; "Beggar's Night' that's a new one .I've been reading  up... https://www.kcci.com/article/halloween-2023-trick-or-treating-times-dates-des-moines-central-iowa-beggars-night-costumes-candy/45574223 For me, 'Trick or Treat'  on 31st in California ---my parents grew up in Kentucky (dad born and mom a native of Maine) and celebrated on 31st. Learn something every day. ;)
The Munchkins look great and Bella looks so 'grown-up' and fashionable in  some of Kay's beaded jewellry.
Ed was busy while you were at Cathy's... :o    Oh-O Harley!   Our vet told us, w/ Mike and Maggie  to introduce them gradually ...But I , got it all backwards and shut Mike up in the bath w/ food & litterbox, letting Maggie have the roam of the house. Then, I  had to back peddle and reverse course.  ::)

Sweet memories of Max and Emma

E4E  :)  : like that  coffee mug this  AM I didn't plant any annuals outdoors this year save for the coreopsis and African daisies . Decorated my front porch for Autumn in outdoor quality silk sunflowers  and artificial pumpkins . The only live greenery are the mini boxwoods in the wicker planter by the side of front door.

Lisa
nice Autumn cuppa. Luv the treat bag for Sydney---speaking of---I showed Jim that photo of her you posted the other day , with  that 'wondering what I've been up to crooked smile and look. He loved it and agreed w/me.  Great photo of Jeff with Sydney . Hoping y'all have a wonderful visit tonight

Puff cold tea  :(

Lani
  so glad you liked the ghost jokes.  ;)   cute little 'Pope' ...I grew up with Golden Eagles in my backyard there at Kaiser Steel Mine in Calif. It was exciting having them so close.

CLynn indeed it is. That Bald Eagle photo from Nat'l Geo  T and B did great on the pumpkin carving;  Names for the Siamese kittens?  "Koko' and 'Yum Yum' from the 'Cat Who..." books by Lillian Jackson Braun. I so enjoy her books Their 'owner'  a reporter, Jim Qwilleran (Qwill to his friends)  called their morning feeding "breakfoo'. To this day that's what I call my cats moring chow. 

Bazi  Llama joke, funny.   Chicken is a 'hoot'!    You posted Jim's fave cake in the entire world---Devils Food w/ fluffy white frosting. He thinks you're great.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 08:09:48 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10656 on: October 29, 2023, 08:03:11 PM »

"Good Evening'... SEDs  to Everyone !

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #10657 on: October 29, 2023, 08:27:42 PM »

Phyl, what goodies did you cook for Jim today?   You usually post a menu!  Did I miss it?
Clynn, Ying and Yang!  Take a page from swfl, Ozzie and Harriet.  Dezi and Lucy!   Martha and .George!  I will quit now and turn in!  The Bears are not holding my attention!  See you in the am!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:43:05 PM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10658 on: October 30, 2023, 01:05:53 AM »

Kb, Ollie looks like a dog possessed for salmon.  ;D Our Sadie loves salmon too. We had it for dinner and I save a piece for her.

Baz, love your Hello Hen! "LLaminated" ;D 

Lisa, awww wonderful photo of Sydney and her Pop! She is such happy baby. So glad the kids loved the Halloween bag of goodies! It was a great day for grandma and Pop!  ;D

Phyl, I hope Jim had a good day! It must have been very special to live close to eagles.

Clynn, awww Emma and Max. I know you'll help Harley adjust to his new young precious siblings.  :-*

Karen, great names for Clynn's kittens.

SED Oldguy, Eagles, Puff

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #10659 on: October 30, 2023, 06:01:55 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Halloween Eve!

karen - Yay, on the Saints win!  Jeff is Pop, and I am Nana.  ;D  We did order Chinese.  Bradley is doing good with his hand in a cast.  I watched him change a diaper, and he did very good!

tsk - Thank you  :-*

clynn - Thank you, and yes, love buying clothes for Miss Sydney! I bought that lil outfit she was wearing yesterday.  It has a pair of pants that go with it, but it was hot here yesterday, so they didn't keep them on her.  You sound so excited about the kittens.  :-*

Phyl - Thank you  :-* 

Lani - Thank you  :-*
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 08:53:48 AM by LisaG1967 »

Phyl

« Reply #10660 on: October 30, 2023, 06:11:17 AM »

Several celebrations for today,  Monday, October 30, 2023

National Candy Corn Day

National Checklist Day

Haunted Refrigerator Night

National Text Your Ex Day

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10661 on: October 30, 2023, 06:11:47 AM »

Currently 61F   High  78F  partly sunny  Low 61 F  clear skies.

OldGuy :)

'All Hallow's Eve' is tomorrow the 31st...or Halloween.  That is the day before 'All Hallows Day' https://www.bing.com/search?q=when+is+all+hallows+eve&qs=MT&pq=when+is+all+hallo&sc=10-17&cvid=0CA0DD65685B49FBAA16E3FB9CA4BC04&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=1&lq=0

All Hallows Day or All Saints Day is November 1st https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Saints%27_Day

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 08:00:15 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10663 on: October 30, 2023, 06:14:51 AM »

Today marks his 40th birthday in Heaven. And, I will always celebrated him.

We give them back to thee, dear Lord, who gavest them to us;
Yet as thou dost not lose them in giving, so we have not lost them by their return.
Not as the world giveth, givest thou, O Lover of Souls.
What thou gavest, thou takest not away,
For what is thine is ours also if we are thine.
And Life is eternal and Love is immortal, and death is only an horizon, and an horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
Lift us up, strong Son of God, that we may see further;
Cleanse our eyes that we may see more clearly;
Draw us closer to thyself so that we may know ourselves to be nearer to our loved ones who are with thee.
And while thou dost prepare a place for us, prepare us also for that happy place, that where thou art we may be also for evermore.

Prayer used by Fr Bede Jarrett, O.P.

Written by William Penn (1644 – 1718)

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10664 on: October 30, 2023, 06:40:15 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, good news that Bradley has the diaper change under control! You are like me, I see an outfit for Bella that I can't resist! And then I get an outfit for Talon, just to keep it even. Not that I love him less, but the boys clothes are just not as cute!  ::) Especially for his age (9)!

Lani, hope you and Mike had a good and relaxing weekend! Yes, I am planning how to introduce the kittens to Harley, haven't decided yet! Can't wait to see the kittens!

karen, some good names! I will try those out with Kelsey, we try to pick names she can easily say. There are some that she can't!

Phyl, I have never had coleus plants inside, I have always thought of them as outside plants. Anyway, I don't have room anywhere with a window, and they were HUGE! They would need a room of their own! I have read all of the books with Coco and Yum Yum! Good idea! I had never heard of Beggar's Night until we moved to Iowa, I have always thought it was so the adults could party on the 31st!  Here are some jokes:  https://desmoinesmom.com/beggars-night/  The 365 of the Alps is gorgeous, everything in France is gorgeous! Thanks for all the Halloween info, my Mom's birthday is 11/1, All Saint's Day. She will celebrate with Cathy in Texas! She goes home on the 4th. My Dad's birthday was May 1, May Day!

Fall Foliage Road Trip in Vermont, USA
                              Book art on the side of an apartment building! Tilburg, Netherlands[/b]

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown