Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 717445 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28500 on: May 29, 2024, 06:01:16 AM »

hi you guys its 55 here moon is still bright out no rain for today but will start up later on tonight and next few days on the radio they were saying how bad this year is bad storms tons of rain for days then quit for just a day or two and then rain again.  i got bit by a skeeter in my bedroom bit me on the very outside corner of my right eye really hurt swollen there. i tells you guys i love winter so now next holiday be the fourth then go to labor day downhill after that.  i saw firework stand yesterday heading to walmart to get my groceries. 

hi joho does debbie smoke? now that is one of the worse things someone can do. lots of us did that when we was really young and that was stupid but lots of us quit way back then. we know some who still smoke and chain smoke too. i am not around anyone that does that but jim is not in his truck but down at his shop justin smokes and kenny smokes rick in florida still smokes. i am sure my sister still chain smokes one after another. an our family history is lung cancer for all who smoke. my dads side. if jim was on top of a building fixing an ac unit and he had to go he would look first but then he would let it rain baby tvs getting bigger every day

hi paulie i will tell indy when i go back out i had one raccoonie this morning waiting in the barn nope here comes another out and another okay girls let me dump my bucket of dog food in your pans and then toss some cookies no babies yet but soon. i never see a male just the girls boyfriends must come to their place sometimes i see a little one later on i read if mom loses her kid which is just so sad to think of she will mate again and have another one in couple of months. i try to look out for the little ones make sure they have food of their own. i buy lots of dry dog food thank goodness walmart has the grocery pickup huge help for me. i get at least almost a 100 pounds a week and lots of cookies and cupcakes yesterday patty said do you ever get anything for you well i got those little cheese pizza for me and my dog calihoula and a couple of my old cats they eat the cheese on top i get that jelly for me yes i get lots of stuff for me and jim jim goes to price choppers buys his meat and chips and bakery stuff. we are not starving around here mom raccoons get little tuff they need to eat too but then they lay on the hay and clean up their kids take a nap with them in the nice cool barn. ac working great out there times i have raccoonies flaked out in there all day long

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/42055D5A6497?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28501 on: May 29, 2024, 01:31:01 PM »

4:38 Been raining all morning.  Not too cold though.  Light wind.  Went to see Bonnie for a few minutes while I was out that way. She was glad to see me, and I her.  Called Karen from there and arranged for her to meet at my house for lunch. She did.  We did.  It was great. She had a very difficult day with estate planning yesterday, and needed some reinforcement.  She got it.  Now she has gone to some sorority meeting in Parma until 7PM.  We will share some Taco Bell after she gets home. I told her I had reservations about paying money to Taco Bell, because they raised the price of their cheesy, rice , burrito by 49% just to keep up with the rest of the Trump supporting food industry.  Bunch of crooks.  I have listened a lot to the news talking about cost of shortages due to theft.  Well, the real theft is at the price tags on everything for only one reason, to make Biden look bad.
OK enough soapbox for today.
Bye EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #28502 on: Yesterday at 05:17:15 AM »

RC’s Son River, the Power of One - UPDATE May 29, 2024

River, son of RC
So far, we’ve seen 4-year-old 130-pound, Andrea and her three yearlings that weighed in the 30’s at first but now are in the low 50’s.

Then there was 8-year-old 196-pound Lucy whose three yearlings weigh in the high 50’s.

And now there is 25-year-old 248-pound RC’s single yearling River who came today on his own weighing 105! Is it because he got all the milk last year, suckling enough that RC didn’t come into estrus and run off to mate? Was it the plethora of berries last year? Could it be genetics? Hard to tell without radio collars to learn travels; but whatever it is, if River is the last cub of RC, she is going out big!

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28503 on: Yesterday at 05:35:21 AM »

hi you guys its well i dont know what the temp is its 60 out in the barn and 8 raccoonies i heard some picking on thought maybe a kid was out there but i dont think so just some bickering everyone wants to eat so dog food in pans and cookies for all. good update i hope rc is done having to have kids. just be retire and enjoy life she has plenty of kids out there oh just heard on the tv in the living room its 59 rain coming tonight or in the morning  :( sound like a train outside but not by any train must be semi truck going down highway blowing his horn.

hi joho well everything has gone up in my store everything. once in a while catch some sales been high for seems like a really long time. i saw on the news other day people saying eating at fast food places was a luxury. i think isreal should quit attacking innocent people children animals i  saw but i changed the channel burned that camp of them setting them on fire  :(  i feel bad for people that are ruled by a dictator

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/29055D5CEC84?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28504 on: Yesterday at 11:07:40 AM »

5:36Yay good time. Thanks Cal.  For the puzzle shame and update.  All very nice.   63 degrees and sunny.  Feels like Fall.  Shorts are ok, but flannel shirt feels good too.
I am home now.  Was away over night.  John coming soon with trailer to help get my Yamaha out of the bike hospital where it has been for three years.  It is still wounded, but I think I can get it going again somehow.  We will see. I am not very fast at doing things.  I lived here three years and garage is still not painted. LOL.
I guess I better go get ready to receive my bike into my garage.
 So CUL EV1 GBU

calihoula

« Reply #28505 on: Yesterday at 01:37:49 PM »

hay joho marge posted this. In case anyone is wondering about the Pond cam on bear.org, they have it covered as they are painting the observation deck

omg you are getting your yamaha bringing it home! i love that thank you john dont take it to a hospital no more i know someone else that would be so happy to know this. take a picture of it send it to me i went to town this morning bank got home why is it so hot in here no ac i changed thermostat batteries still nothing texted jim he came home big dogs so hot cali in my bedroom i had window unit running in there got very old cats in my room too cant let these big oxes in there but was thinking how too it was the thermostat went bad he had a new one in the van said its like the one in the barn oh boy i love that one uses aa batteries not aaa and when those batteries are up shows a pic of a battery says low battery how easy change them yesterday jim went to nephew ryans place helped him fix his outside coil i texted him said nephew my outside coil not working can you fix it do you know a guy? he said lol
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28506 on: Yesterday at 01:41:55 PM »

joho i checked what is coming in my mail today something from sen rand paul oh sure ill be reading that here girls go read this  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28507 on: Yesterday at 02:38:31 PM »

johoward

« Reply #28508 on: Yesterday at 03:26:19 PM »

Thanks Marge, but bears are never on the pond cam or at the scale anyway.  I quit looking at it.  Just browse the five den cams and enlarge the ones showing any black fur.  Been that way since they quit chat and mods. Sucks!
Catherine Rampell,  at The Washington Post wrote a good opinion post in my May 29th paper.  She asked and answered the question of why such a high percentage feel we are sufferings terrible financial hits when in fact all indicators say we are much better off than a few years back.  It is because the powers that control our every day prices have needlessly raised prices on items we low income people buy just to make Biden look bad.  It is working!  Poll opinions are 100 percent opposite of what is true.
John knows about outside coils too.  My AC would not cycle off yesterday.  I was freezing.  He said I should take batteries out of Honeywell thermostat.  I did, it went off, and I never turned it back on.  I will just let Nature take it's course for a few days until I get hot in the house.  Then click it on "cool", and pray that it cycles normally.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28509 on: Yesterday at 08:43:17 PM »

Cal, The way you describe feeding your racoonies and how mama racoon behaves and cares for them and all the good food you buy/feed them and they all eat and relax in an air conditioned barn .... well oh my! They've got it made!!