Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471388 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12135 on: December 12, 2023, 06:50:59 AM »

Good Morning!   37 degrees here!  Brrr.   Have to get a. Ew coat out of the old closet!  Lol.
Well tsk!  The packers fought but lost by 2!  Sleepy this am!  Hope you are rested and ready for another usy day!
Phyl, trees are beautiful but hard work!  I nave been filling glass and crystal bowls with ornaments for several years!   Looks festive, I enjoy seeing them and east!  Hope your nose is almost healed when see the eent!  I did not know these drs still existed!   Thought the eyes totally separated and they became ent!  Interesting!
Lani, wonderful  news of Aly’s  12 day visit!

Baz. Lil Bro looks much older than 2!  He is adorable and looks  tall!
No big deal with today’s Dr. visit!   He could check this out without me there but then, could not cole t an  office visit fe!    Think all is well!
Phyl, interesting about the Christmas movies!    Ow I know we have .gE to thank for Led lighting!  I know of its good properties but hate the light! 
Later

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12136 on: December 12, 2023, 06:55:37 AM »

HI EVERYONE

KAREN    Awww  sweet Piper not truly enjoying his collar.   :( ;)   Good luck at lung doc today.  Thanks for Packer score - I had to hit the hay before it ended.  Boy, you are really chilly this AM.  We're at 33.

BAZI   Downhill will get you every time.  Back in the 80's, I think, my Vancouver, Wa friend and I who did all the traveling together - did a ton of hiking in Banff and Jasper.  We had 2 days left in Jasper when the only way I could walk was with a hyperextended left knee - Well that put a damper on things.  ::)  I diagnosed my self with a patellar tendonitis  - inflammation of the tendon going over the knee cap.  That quad muscle gets double duty on downhill walking.....If you go up  - you gotta come down  LOLOL   It eventually went away on its own.
"Needles"  So clever  ;D ;D

LANI    What a wonderful visit from Aly and Dewey over the holidays  :)  Bet you can't wait  ;)

PHYL   Love the cute, knitted red cup cozy  :)  I would love to see a pic of your creche.  Amazing what you find at Cracker Barrell.  :o   Good luck with all the appts coming up.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12137 on: December 12, 2023, 07:30:49 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, sounds like you had a good time with your girlfriends yesterday! I hope to be able to see my high school girlfriends when we go home for Christmas. If not this time, we will surely have a good visit in April when I spend my April week with Mom!

karen, hope you find a new old coat in your closet!

Phyl, hmmm, interesting info on the Holiday tv specials! And the memories on Amy's Blog! 365, lone wolf in the snow, I remember that one... Cute Christmas cup with a sweater! 26 here, high only 37 today but with very light wind, so won't be too bad. That darn wind makes a big difference! Love that you found your nativity at Cracker Barrel, they have so many wonderful things in their store! I got Bella a couple of Holiday outfits from there when she was little, and that's where I usually get my WoodWick candles. They always have Redwood, my very favorite!

Lani, I am so happy to hear that Aly will be home for 12 days! You will have a wonderful family Christmas! I bet Sadie will be happy to see Dewey!

baz, love the picture of Lil' Punkin and Lil' Bro with Santa! I am surprised, neither of my kids liked Santa at the age of 2, they were actually scared of him! Love the Needles piece!

Lori, you did a wonderful job with Emy's avatar! Hope you pop in with more goodies today!

Wild Heart Ranch - When it fits just right.💚
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #12138 on: December 12, 2023, 07:37:39 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1734502098010579338

Oh I love this!..Smart ducky...Tiger says where did it go?...where. The background music is perfect.

Morning all:

Speaking of patellas!..the bone cap in front of your knee ya know, LOL.
In the 70's my then boyfriend and I drove from LA to San Fran to hike Mount Tamalpais. Made it to the beautiful top but noticed it was getting late, hence dark soon. So, we started running DOWN hill...Oops, my patella ended up behind my knee and couldn't walk. Mind you we are still near the top and no cell phones at the time. Boyfriend ran down to the Ranger Station and luckily found them. Meanwhile, I sat on the now dark path imagining all sorts of creatures coming to get me amongst the huge trees. To distract myself I started scooching myself on the ground down the path. They brought a hand held cot thingy and Walked me out while I screamed every step sure that everyone in San Fran heard me down below.
Some sort of General Hospital peeps injected me with something and flipped the patella back around where it was supposed to be. Still took many months of pt and recovery. I have a troublesome Baker's cyst in my left knee but for the life of me, I can't remember which knee my patella re-located!

Have Jack my master plumber coming today to fix a leak/drip in my large cement laundry tub. He says after looking at pics it will take longer as it has galvanized pipes to the faucet. He'll replace the entire faucet and valves. With the price of my city's water it Must be fixed. The fix cost will pay for itself over time.

Will walk Ollie today with coat on as it's probably going to be the coldest day in the next 10 but ice is gone mostly off the roads. Hang in there Ollie.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12139 on: December 12, 2023, 07:52:35 AM »

some bounce

KB - LOL !!!
Thanx Giants! Good game.

Cold one today...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

BrokenLug

« Reply #12140 on: December 12, 2023, 08:49:12 AM »

Thanx Giants! Good game.

Geez did we play last night Tig ? lol.  ::)
I've stopped watching them as I like our large screen TV and I don't want to throw a brick at it.   ;)
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12141 on: December 12, 2023, 11:00:38 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

BL LOL!!  ;D

Hi Tig  :)

Kb, smart duck!  ;D

Clynn  Keebler!  ;D :-*

Tsk  :)

Karen, brrrr it's cold in your corner of our beautiful earth! I hope you find your new coat...  Good luck with dr appt.

Phyl, Brandenbreg's videos are the best! The videos have been edited to be clearer... I can hardly wait for a snowy day like in today's video.... thanks for 7 interesting facts about favorite classics.... good luck and prayers with all your appts.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #12142 on: December 12, 2023, 11:12:32 AM »

Patrick Forslund took this pic of the Canadian Pacific  Holiday train over the Mississippi in Minneapolis last night. Spreading holiday cheer.

Brr, sure didn't feel like 28 above on my walk with Ollie. At least on my face it didn't. Sun's out. Wore all winter gear except I wore tennis shoes and didn't wear my "Fargo hat"...just a knitted one. Next time!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12143 on: December 12, 2023, 12:35:08 PM »

CLYNN   Wild Heart Raccoon - so comfy  :)

KB  A cat's response is the same big or small  LOLOL   Reading about that patella gave me the willies  :o :o :o

LANI   Don't know how that guy was dragging that heavy tree. ???
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12144 on: December 12, 2023, 12:55:32 PM »

Phyl???  I'm confused... not a new thing for me, LOL!  Today you said:

Bazi  Wish I could get out and grocery shop---since his accident 9-29-23, Jim has taken over my Kia and I'm at home w/out wheels---I can't go anywhere etc.    Says he hates  driving my car tho.  ::)

But Sunday evening you posted this:

KB we went grocery shoppihg today. What a cloudy gray depressing day!  Good escape for you on tornado.  Happy  191st Birthday to Jonathan!
Great video of osprey catching a barracuda from ocean. Enjoy your game

That's why I posted to you last night, saying, "Glad you felt like getting out and doing some grocery shopping."  Maybe I misunderstood what you meant... oh well... LOL!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12145 on: December 12, 2023, 01:01:51 PM »

Low this morning was 38 -sunny- high 66

Karen - Piper is a sweetie - such a cute face!! :)

Bazi - Thank you- yes, my Mom was treated for some moles - Doctor froze them with spray.

Lani - Yes, my cousin & her husband stayed safe out of the Tornado's path.  Thoughts & prayers for all those that were affected so very badly.    Bet you are so happy that Aly will be with you for 12 days - now if the weekend would get here quicker for her arrival! ;) :)

Phyl - Good luck with your medical appts on Wednesday - hope all goes well.   Nice that the bluebirds are wintering around there! ;D

Tsk - Cute gif this morning.   Sounds like a great time yesterday! ;D

Kb - Liked 'smart ducky'!!! ;D    Cold walk for you this morning  ::)

BL  ;D

Clynn - Cute pic at Wild Heart Ranch!   A Redwood scented candle sounds real nice. :)

Beakers have a nice day - stay warm!

LisaG1967

« Reply #12146 on: December 12, 2023, 01:05:50 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

I am late this morning.  I had to get a few more Christmas packages, and get Jeff's present straightened out.  I ordered him a coat from Eddie Bauer, but when package arrived it was ski pants.  ::)

kb - Very cool pic of the Canadian Pacific Holiday train. 

Lani - Love that morning pic of Hagrid dragging in the Christmas tree.  You will get a nice long visit with Aly.  Is she enjoying her job in Oregon?
BL - LOL, glad you like your TV!

kb & tig - Stay warm!

clynn - Pretty morning greeting.  I love that Christmas arrangement in last pic. 

tsk - Cute morning greeting, too! 

karen - Good luck at the doctors.  Aww, Piper.

Phyl - Thanks for facts about Holiday TV specials, RRP post and 365.  Wishing you good luck at docs tomorrow.  I have an appt with ENT tomorrow, too. 

baz - Love the Needles poem!

E4E - Thank you  ;)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12147 on: December 12, 2023, 01:13:53 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

KB, what a horrible and icky thing - kneecap dislocation... ugh!  Just thinking about it gives me the willies.

TSK, ugh on your knee hyperextending anytime, but what horrible timing for that to happen to you while you still had 2 days of hiking left on a great trip with your friend in Banff and Jasper!!!  My "bad" knee will hyperextend anytime, anyplace, for any reason, and especially for no reason at all...  ::) :P  like when just walking around in my kitchen making coffee, which it did a few of weeks ago. Dang knees can be so troublesome, but they're a good thing to have anyway!!  ;) ;D ;D  How is Tim doing? Is he still wearing the monitor, or has that info been collected now so he can take it off. I don't remember how long he was scheduled to wear it.  ((Hugs to you, Tim, and both of your families.))  You all have been dealing with a lot recently!!  :-*   PSST... Wild Heart Raccoon?  LOL!  I could've sworn that is their funny resident Lemur.  I'm rubbing my reading glasses...  ;) ;) ;) :D

Lani, great news for Aly and Dewey coming for the Christmas holidays!  I guess Sadie may be asking, "Does Dewey really have to come, too??"  ;) ;D :-* :-*  ((Hugs to you and Mike))  I hope your cold gets better fast! And I hope Mike gets his insurance approval quickly so he can get that shot for his back, and get more pain relief soon!

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

I'm getting ready to bundle up and head out for a walk.

I can't remember if this has been posted in The Beak before...  ;) :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #12148 on: December 12, 2023, 02:38:10 PM »

tsk and baz  - Indeed the willies. However, I think I was in shock and the thing that worried me the most was the fear associated with someone or something finding me and hurting me in my vulnerable state, not being able to walk! It took a long time for them to get to me...days of ol ya know!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12149 on: December 12, 2023, 06:52:02 PM »

LISA  Oh no..How on earth could they mix up a coat and ski pants  ::) ::)

BAZI   Don't ever trust me with naming animals or birds.  Forgot about the resident lemur - so don't clean your reading glasses  LOLOL   I may not need to clarify but I voluntarily held my knee in full/hyper extension so I wouldn't be in so much pain.  I had to take my quads out of play as much as possible.  Tim wears the monitor for 3 weeks - I think til the 19th.   Complimentary bread  LOLOLOL
Chicagoland