Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470381 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11940 on: December 06, 2023, 07:47:59 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL

KAREN   In the hospital ( ER) Tim had 3 IV's going in 3 different sites.  He was on so much blood thinner that he kept bleeding under the bandages holding the IVs in place.   Eventually all IV's stopped but large dressings were placed on these 3 sites to insure clotting would occur.  I think he will take them off today.   Piper said "what?" to your decorations  LOL

OLDGUY   Sounds like a typical busy Xmas season at the big box. :o   Settling estates is a long process. Bless you for doing it all.  Not easy.   Two weeks and 30 builders for that 800,000 domino set up.  :o :o   Wasp removal was amazing - What a job!    Scolded kittens Awww   Will finish Santi at lunch break  ;) ;)

BAZI    LOLOL  on the kids decorating. 62.5% compliance   ;D

CLYNN   Like the porch chair decoration.  Is Becky also coming on the 22nd to Moms ?   Kelsey's a real trouper.  Would love the before and after of all your efforts. Ed is bound to notice.  You won't have much time at home to enjoy all your Xmas decorations this year.  :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GODIVA

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #11941 on: December 06, 2023, 08:17:34 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1730834378929197497

A Japanese owl cafe!....not sure what species of owl this is. Assuming Japanese there are 12 species native to Japan.
https://thedailywildlife.com/owls-in-japan/

oldguy - thank you for the update on Iceland. I'd been wondering what was happening. Wow, the guy in the video said they might look back someday and wonder why they put the Capitol where they did!.
Also, thanks for the compliment on starting my snowblower, esp. from you. As you know an electric start Honda is different than our older Toro.

Have to drop the Jeep off, just recently passed 65,000 miles!, for her winterizer check up. Ugg, I have to walk home but it's only a few blocks away!
Then a walk with Ollie man, etc. etc.

Take care all!

oldguy

« Reply #11942 on: December 06, 2023, 09:31:21 AM »

KB - I looked up the cafe with the owls - https://toricafe.co.jp/en/birdforsale-en#small_owl
This owl is the White-faced Owl
The cafe sells birds and other unusual pet animals.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11943 on: December 06, 2023, 09:32:49 AM »

current 44 - high 63 - chance of showers

Og - Your are definitely a busy fellow taking care of many things and of course your job takes up your time & energy too! Thanks for finding time to check in. :)  Cards last Saturday sounds like you broke even! ;)   Thank you for links - I will need to come back to those. :)

Bazi - Darling pic of your Great nieces and Great nephew decorating tree - cute pj's! ;D

Lani - You & Mike have a nice day - is he working from home?  I think his MRI is next week?

Lori - Beautiful birthday post for Godiva - so yummy too!!

Clynn - You are having a busy December! Hope Ed doesn't get too upset when he notices the 'difference' in the Mole Hole!  Glad that Kelsey will be happy to come home and get back into her schedule and I'm sure she can't wait to see you!!

Phyl - Did Jim do okay with going back to work - hope he is still feeling better.  Glad that you are already doing a lil better!  Good that you have an appt this morning - hope you hear good news as to your healing process.   Thanks for 365 in France.

Tsk - Hope you guys got some much needed rest last night.  I know you always have things to get done, so have a great day. :)

Kb - Good idea to get the jeep checked out (good preventative measure too)!  Sounds like a good walk home and then you will take Ollie for a walk - no wonder you stay in good shape! :)

Beakers take care and stay warm.

Happy Birthday Godiva!

kbshcb

« Reply #11944 on: December 06, 2023, 09:51:12 AM »

Yeah! for a 23 year old gal with only 65,000 miles on her, she didn't need a thing! to get through the winter.
Everything looks great!...walking over to get her...From the outside she looks brand new too.
Good news for a change, LOL

LisaG1967

« Reply #11945 on: December 06, 2023, 10:05:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - Just reading about your fall...OUCH!  How ya feeling?

baz - Love the pic of the lil greats!

tig - Glad to hear that Camper is getting better.

karen - I hope so too, cause I cannot lift boxes. 

E4E - I have a Honda Pilot SUV. We will have to make several trips. Yes, their new house is 1.5 hours away. 

oldguy - Glad to hear you are getting things completed with the estate.  Thanks for videos.

Lani - I hope the new insulin works the same.

clynn - LOL.  We usually see the Royal Caribbean and Carnival cruise ships go under the bridge.  They are not as fancy as that, tho!

tsk - Is Tim doing ok?

Morning kb, Pufff and all
  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11946 on: December 06, 2023, 11:43:42 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, Love your morning Christmas cocoa! Gotta have that. LOL!

Hi Eagles  :)

Oldguy, thanks for more info on the cafe, darling birds.

Kb, darling owls... Great news on the car!   ;D

Phyl, Glad you're feeling a bit better. Good luck with your Dr appt... prayers for continued healing.... sweet little birds on nature video., thanks for RRP highlights 

Clynn, December is always a crazy month and flies by too quickly, especially for. you! Praying for a safe travels for Ed and Kelsey. That is a huge gorgeous cruise ship, I'd worry about a good wind!
Sentry Calming Collar
Uses pheromone technology that's proven to modify behaviors caused by stress and fear, such as inappropriate marking, scratching, excessive meowing, clawing, and destruction
Releases a pheromone that mimics the one mother cats produce to calm and soothe kittens, making cats feel safe and secure
Helps alleviate problem behaviors caused by stressful situations such as travel, thunderstorms, new pets in the home, new visitors, car rides, and vet visits
Releases pheromones for 30 days with a pleasant, soothing lavender chamomile fragrance
Adjusts to fit necks up to 15 inches. Can be used for cats of all ages and breeds with no long-term side effects.

Happy birthday Godiva!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11947 on: December 06, 2023, 11:53:54 AM »

Laundry day... Pool was only 79 degrees this a.m. Brr.

BAZ... See your PM
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #11948 on: December 06, 2023, 12:01:13 PM »

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/local-news/cougar-struck-by-vehicle-killed-in-minneapolis/

So sorry to report most likely the same cougar spotted in Minneapolis on camera was hit and killed on the highway early this morning :( :(. The DNR has the body and the man who hit him struck a barrier on the highway but he himself is uninjured.
This is why they don't belong in very very dense areas....so sorry Mr./Mrs. Cougar, that you lost your way.

Many suspect they are lone males traveling from the Dakotas or farther from the west and crossing MN. We have lots of open/rural land. For some reason maybe the Large River valleys are attractive to them?.and then they head towards the city?

Puff

« Reply #11949 on: December 06, 2023, 12:17:20 PM »

Awww  Feel so sorry for the cougar.  Just a cougar trying to do its cougar thing.
 :'(

P

kbshcb

« Reply #11950 on: December 06, 2023, 12:19:56 PM »

KB - I looked up the cafe with the owls - https://toricafe.co.jp/en/birdforsale-en#small_owl
This owl is the White-faced Owl
The cafe sells birds and other unusual pet animals.

Hmm, not happy if they are selling raptors....I thought they were just rehabbing or something in a cafe for viewing.....

kbshcb

« Reply #11951 on: December 06, 2023, 12:21:04 PM »

Awww  Feel so sorry for the cougar.  Just a cougar trying to do its cougar thing.
 :'(

P

Indeed, but at least be consoled by the fact it's only happened twice in 20 years here...the other also killed on the highway.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11952 on: December 06, 2023, 01:31:42 PM »

LORI   Godiva will be impressed

KB   Love the owl eyes  :o   Treasure the good news moments  ;) ;)  Oh that is terrible that the cougar was killed.  Luckily the man was not injured.

OLDGUY   Thanks for tracking down the owl variety.  Next to that Luzon Lowland owl next to it in the link it has spectacular eyes.    Was a good Santi piece today reflecting on earlier this year.

LISA  Tim said this AM he had the best night's sleep EVER.

LANI   Oh that poor bulldog!  Good info on how the calming collar works.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11953 on: December 06, 2023, 02:28:42 PM »

Happy Birthday Godiva !

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11954 on: December 06, 2023, 02:34:58 PM »

Eagles  Jim seems to be alright. Maggie is my comfort   :-*   Thanks for good wishes on doc's today---report forthcoming.

Lisa sure enjoyed that coca! The peppermint too. Yep---I need to get back to wallking just like KB does with the Ollieman. I use to daily,  walk 3 miles at night which is a round trip tour of our development. 

Oh Lani that bulldog Santa and those baubles. Tks for info on  kitty calming collars .And esp for the good wishes at Doc's today.    Say those cute little birds in the 365 are Red knots who've migrated to  Britteny,France sporting non- breeding 'plumage'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_knot

Tsk  glad Tim got  great night's rest.  :)  Cute kitty

KB so glad your 'Nellie' (?) is going strong and still has her 'looks'. Heartbreaking about the cougar...urban sprawl and who knows what driving them
to the suburbs. That  'owl cafe' selling raptors(?) Hope not. As you thought--rehab and displaying in cafe like setting.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 02:37:39 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan