Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470877 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11910 on: December 05, 2023, 08:34:26 AM »

https://youtu.be/Pwo9n7-bkuM

Cougar captured on video in a Minneapolis neighborhood confirmed by the DNR.

I'm back up and running.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11911 on: December 05, 2023, 08:36:53 AM »

KB... we didn't get much. We not going anywhere today...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11912 on: December 05, 2023, 09:11:44 AM »

current 46 - high 74

Blschue - Hope you had a nice birthday!  Great to see you! :)

Lani - Are you having a warm day too?  Today is our area's warmest day of the week, but we have a chance of showers tomorrow.   Cute night pic!

Clynn - Lol! Good that Ed keeps busy with other things and not with your computer & the Beak! ;D  You've been so busy with clearing out that you will need a much deserved rest when Ed & Kelsey return! ;) :)   Thank you for SWFL info and picture!  I already have the SWFL tab saved and look in on them, but have not been looking in regularly.

Phyl - Glad that Jim was well enough to go to work, but hope you take good care of yourself while he is gone. {{Phyl}}   Thank you for DOTY and 365-amazing migratory.

Tig - Good that you are seeing to it that Camper has soup, fluids, jello - and especially your TLC  :)  Glad fever is gone!

Tsk - Oh I didn't think about the fact of the different smells/scents - understandable Lulu needed a little time to adapt  ;)  Sweet that Lulu slept with you. :)
Hope you have a nice day and that Tim gets some good rest.  Hugs for you both. :-*

Kb - Ice conditions - good for you in taking care.

Beakers have a good day - all stay safe & warm in those cold temps.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11913 on: December 05, 2023, 11:00:15 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, Albatross rangers are very busy keeping track of the 42+ nests. Those nests with unfertile eggs will make great foster parents when time is right... sweet morning pics.
I wish the GHO nest was farther away... I remember that Matlock episode  ;D

{{{Tig and Camper}}} glad to hear Camper is doing better, especially with your TLC. Take care.

Phyl, glad to hear Jim's back at work... you take care... thanks for DOTY, amazing nature video and RRP highlights.

Tsk, I bet you're getting lots of exercise with all the running around you're having to do.... awww Lulu :-* .. Milo has started to sleep near me lately. He's moved from on top of my head to next to my back.  ;D

Kb, the cougar stalking the neighborhood is not good... It's nice having Chris's help.

Eagles, We're having a warm day too, 63 will be our high. It was 34 when we left for our morning walk... I hope your rain moves in our direction.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11914 on: December 05, 2023, 11:14:26 AM »

KB   Cougar  :o

LANI   Santa kitty  ;) ;)   How is the calming collar working?

Two 11x17 trays of chocolate pretzel bark cooling.  Will try a batch of crockpot peanut cluster chocolate candy after Bible study.  ;D ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #11915 on: December 05, 2023, 11:54:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I am late, as Jeff and I had our endocrinologist appointment this morning, and she was running behind.  I got an increase in insulin units, and a change in brand as my insurance company is no longer going to cover what I am taking now come January.  The new one will be Lantus, and is an equivalent.   

baz - Great job on the 53 minute walk!

tig - Hope you are Camper are feeling better. 

E4E - Thank you, they are pretty excited about moving.

Lani - Thank you, very a busy weekend ahead, and it looks like rain in the forecast, too! UGH!  Adorable sleeping kitties. 

clynn - Thank you, and that is my plan!!!  :D Love that pic of the SWFL owls that Liz took. 

Phyl - Thank you.  Don't try to do too much if you are feeling wobbly. Glad to hear Jim is back at work, so he must be feeling better?  Thanks for the DOTY.

tsk - Yea, I think they will be able to set up the kitchen before the movers come.  Bradley has a bed, two book cases, a 55" TV here with an entertainment center that we will need to get to him at some point, too. How is Tim feeling today? 

kb - Glad your computer is back up and running. 

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11916 on: December 05, 2023, 01:21:56 PM »

Update:

I have a fracture of the nasal bone close to the tip.  https://teachmeanatomy.info/head/osteology/nasal-skeleton/ Plus a 1/2' laceration just above that on the right hand side. Dermabond (purple-ish) was applied to that wound which had close up on it's own.    ;)  The Derma bond as some of you know is like a bandaid, and takes 72 hrs to 'cure'  until Thursday.  But, this morning,  I found a way to at least wash my face.

Sunday about 6PM, I tripped on the carpet in the spare room and the BPPV( Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) pulled me on over. I put my hands out in front to cushion my face and smack right into the door's frame, the corner/ it's impact,  cut the upper R. side of my nose   and I 'broke' the tip of the 'the nose' . When docs say the nose they mean the bone that one sees on a skeleton. Not the cartilage .
 The impact of hitting the frame knocked me backward giving me a slight whiplash movement to my neck/head ---thew me down hard on my bum -- I landed with legs apart and hand holding my nose with blood running down my face and chin-- evidently I bit the inside of my lower lip. It's  a wee mess inside.

Jim heard the thud and came running up stairs. Got mad at me 'cuz I just sat there crying. A few questions later we were in the car to ER. Well, you how the rest how this goes, imaging CT scans of my head, face and neck ( to check my 'hardware' from 3level ACDF (Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion)of cervical spine). The wait for that reading was 90mins, etc back to room finally ER nurse on duty came in delivered a Tetanus shot.  Then some time later ER doc came in and tidy  up my nose  and Q-tipped the Dermabond onto my nose's  right side.  And delivered a litany of  restrictions for not making the fracture worse.
My discharge nurse told me the scans were fine save for the nose.
My nose dosen’t  look smashed in or  do I have black eyes ---well just from my mascara when  I woke Monday AM...raccoon eyes for sure. LOL
 Any one with allergies will know what they are  some of the restrictions are---sadly no Flonase up the nose or sinus flushing. I'm stuffy and a entire face aches with lots of sinus pressure extending up to my eyes.  Sleeping restrictions too.

I have Rx for Augmenten Clav875- 875mg/125mg tab twice daily w/food.   Plus a another Rx.  No pain meds as I refuse narcotic drugs. I have Ex- strength Tylenol and that will have to do.

The entire Rxs cost--- $0.16.   It’s because Publix has special pricing for certain antibiotics, some are  FOC (free of charge) others are discounted.

That's about the sum/total.  Save for me not being able to tolerate my eye glasses too long a time. Either sit on my nostrils or high above scrunchhing my eyelashes  against my eyeballs.

I have appointment w/ PCP tomorrow for follow Up and obtian a  referral to EENT.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 03:09:30 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11917 on: December 05, 2023, 01:54:18 PM »

some bounce

Thanx for the update Phyl. Good news that other conditions were not affected. Ouch. Hope you feel better soon.

Um... sitting here laughing at and admonishing myself. One of my reactions after finishing reading was... mascara?!?!! OK... I know I am by nature very judgemental. I got it from my Mom. I wear makeup maybe 12 days a year... if that. LOL. I had a long talk with Camper before we got serious... regarding his expectations. Luckily, he is attracted to my "tomboy" nature, but is appreciative when I get "gussied up".  :o
My memories of Mom include her wearing red lipstick every day. But that was it. Later in life the palette softened and she would add shadow when dressed up. But more often, she dressed casually as a home gardener, camper, Girl Scout leader, etc. My role model.

TTFN
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11918 on: December 05, 2023, 03:37:42 PM »

I'm back up and running.

From the cougar?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #11919 on: December 05, 2023, 03:56:11 PM »

I'm back up and running.

LOL....good one baz.
No, referring to my son that just had to provide more security to my computer...took it away from me, and then EVENTUALLY gave it back, geesh..one password dealy thingy or whatever :)

From the cougar?

baziunc

« Reply #11920 on: December 05, 2023, 04:03:35 PM »

KB;D ;D ;D  I couldn't help myself!!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #11921 on: December 05, 2023, 04:04:34 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

It sounds like some Beakers are getting some improvement with some of the icky stuff they've been dealing with very recently.  I'm glad for that!  :)

But I think some more hugs are still needed, so...

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 04:09:08 PM by baziunc »

Puff

« Reply #11922 on: December 05, 2023, 04:13:35 PM »

camperstig  What a sweet pic of both.  Where was it? Northern territory?  Thanks for thinking of me.  And you didn't have lips on. . . :-*

P   

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11923 on: December 05, 2023, 04:24:04 PM »

camperstig  What a sweet pic of both.  Where was it? Northern territory?  Thanks for thinking of me.  And you didn't have lips on. . . :-*

P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palisade_Head

;)

baziunc

« Reply #11924 on: December 05, 2023, 04:25:04 PM »

I've been pretty busy today, but I got in a 29-minute walk mid-afternoon.  I kept it a bit shorter at the request of my knee and ankle.  ;)

I had wondered how much snow/ice/winter precip Beakers in various areas had gotten/were getting. That same clipper is expected to bring 5 inches of snow, starting tonight and into tomorrow, to my Mtns Sis, in the northeast Tenn mountains. She loves snow, and is hoping the forecast comes true.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 11:45:56 PM by baziunc »