Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470532 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11820 on: December 02, 2023, 11:10:58 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Eagles, have a lovely weekend.  :-*

Lori, awww thanks for posting Penny pics from Lilbro. Sweet Penny is growing! Gorgeous smile, big brown eyes! Tika is a beauty. Is it Lilbro's? Or his son's?

Clynn, Did Ed and Kelsey leave this morning? Love your Caturday posts.... Bella packed a lot of activities into those two hours!  ;D ...YIKES! how awful and scary to have a break-in whether at Christmas or anytime! sorry  :-*

Puff, You have a lovely neighborhood filled with good friends and memories.

{{{Tig}}}

Phyl, Mike is frying up chicken nuggets tonight! But, apple fritters sound so good on this cold morning. Lots of basketball to watch too! ... great Jim Brandenberg's classic video of the Black Wolf and raven.

Lisa, I prefer the dark red grapes too.... Kelly 🙏🏼  ;D

Baz, great football games on the schedule today!  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #11821 on: December 02, 2023, 11:16:27 AM »

Albatross Cam Newsflash!
The new #RoyalCam site has been chosen. We will have two nests on view for the whole season.
The RoyalCam couples are experienced LGK & LGL and WYL & BOK

In 2021 LGK, LGL had chick Tiaki  :-*

Never fear Christmas is coming and the elves have been busy, not long to wait 🎅

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #11822 on: December 02, 2023, 11:28:07 AM »

It's been awhile since I checked on the precious sloths in Costa Rica!  :-*

Grover :-*

OOPS!  Important lesson learned. Thin branches are not to be trusted.

Sloth Preschool Updates:

Grover: He's already started eating leaves, is active, and is steadily gaining weight.
Elmo: Growing, adapted well to having smoothies, quite active.
Binx: Slowly starting to eat leaves, active, and growing gradually.
Ken: Eats quite a few leaves, growing very well and gaining weight.
Frankie: Eating well, started transitioning to smoothies.
Phoenix: Very big and active. He spends a couple of hours a day in the almond tree to exercise.

T40cfr403

« Reply #11823 on: December 02, 2023, 11:39:38 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's Caturday!

clynn - My first guess was "Duck on a Buck"! ;D
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11825 on: December 02, 2023, 01:24:28 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's Caturday!

clynn - My first guess was "Duck on a Buck"! ;D

LOLOL! I went with Goose on a Moose!!!   ;D

Happy Caturday Beakers!  :)

I'll be back - my college basketball team's game just started, and I am rooting them on... with shrimp tempura as a snack, Phyl!

;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11826 on: December 02, 2023, 01:32:10 PM »

Hi everyone    Tim still in ER as of 10:30 last night with another a-fib episode with chest pain.  Still there and can't seem to get the HR down no matter with they have been trying.  Esp since those drugs helped the first time back in April.  Cancelled his flight to Florida for Tues.  Poor Lulu  Haven't been giving her her usual exercise routine.

EAGLES  I have known several friends who finally got braces when they were working and could afford them. Never too old.

LANI   Pups set up for that good night pic must have been interesting  ;) ;)   Let's hope for an informative MRI leading to a solution.  What a beautiful AM white kitty.  Thanks for the super news on the Royals and two cams now  ;D

CLYNN  I would have been decorating the Church for Advent but got Barb to sub for me.  Hated to leave our "leader" alone.  I was otherwise occupied...LOL  Goose on a moose  ;) ;)  Did you ever confirm the presents theft  was a revenge act? Yikes   Love how you call Bella a "hot mess"  LOLOL

PUFF   That's what keeps you young!!!  A healthy social life.  You have a great neighborhood.

LISA  Red grapes altho they have more sugar contain - I forget -something really healthy because it 's red.  good for red peppers vs green etc.  Drum set   LOLOL

LORI  Thanks for posting LILROS pics of Penny.  I love those boots  LOL

T40   will catch all your great links later - Gotta run.

Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11827 on: December 02, 2023, 01:53:56 PM »

(( TSK. Tim ))
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #11828 on: December 02, 2023, 02:12:38 PM »

((tig))

Phyl - Thanks for the 365, and DOTY.

clynn - Oh yikes on the trailer being broken into!  Did you all ever find out who did it?  Don't tell me it really was the SIL?!

Lori - Thanks for all the Penny pics.  She is so stinkin' cute!  Beautiful pup that lilbro was dog-sitting.

E4E:D

Lani - Beautiful morning kitty.  Thanks for the Royal and TRR updates. 

T40 - Thanks for the videos.

baz - Good luck to your team, and your snack sounds delish!

tsk - Oh no...praying for Tim!  Keep us posted.  Are you at home now, or at ER with him?

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11829 on: December 02, 2023, 02:20:47 PM »

{{{Tsk}}} so sorry to hear Tim is still in ER. I know how that goes with Jim. Sending 🙏 's for a speedy recovery. Lulu will be fine. She'll understand when you and Tim come back and she smells him/you.

I think you might have been thinking of '  phytonutrients'---red-pigmented compounds include anthocyanins, betacyanin, betalain, and carotenoids such as lycopene. Plus--carotenoids, ellagic acid,resveratrol,flavonoids,phytoestrogens,glucosinolates. Etc., etc.  All good to have ---fights inflamation, bone and eye health and a host of other 'issues'.

CLynn  Lol...'goose on a moose'  ;)

Lani thank for Royal Albie update and all.   Glad to hear Mike is in the kitchen---I don't allow men in my kitchen. That's just me. Hat's off to a women who can.

Lisa not a set of symbals to go with the drums.LOL

Lori that is a really decadent cupcake for Lil' Bro---Many thanks for the Penny Pics she's so cute.  I sure hope that buck wasn't murdered.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 03:06:36 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #11831 on: December 02, 2023, 03:10:22 PM »

(((Tsk and Tim))).   Sorry to read this!   Is he in Lutheran General?   Many cardiovascular resources available in the metro area and hopefully it will not take long to find the right  drug to get him regulated!  Have a friend hrtr who had many recurring bouts of afib! Tricky.
Fun caturday posts today!  Pretty white  kitty Lani!  Thanks for the update on the Royal as and the sloths.
Clynn great picture of the Goose on a Moose!  Bella and her baby doll!

Lori, thanks for the Penny pictures!  She sure has grown!  Pretty hair.  Is she
4?
As a former reader of Bambi, not a fan of hunting!
Vertigo just hit like a sledge hammer so will sign off!  Otherwise  fine on a dark, dreary and rainy day!  More expected overnight and tomorrow!

karengramke

« Reply #11832 on: December 02, 2023, 03:45:11 PM »

Got that under control for the time being and let Piper out!  Wow, my back yard is like a lake! Ido not know how much more it will hold!
Phyl, hope Jim can find a Camry!  Unfortunately folks don't trade or sell them often!  Sure would give you both more i dependence if he could find one. 
Lisa, a drum set will save the pots and pans!  Growing up all the kids would get. Them out and bang on them!   Terrible noise!  She will develop a great sense of rhythm .  In a year she can pile them into her pink car and drive off to the local dance hall!

LisaG1967

« Reply #11833 on: December 02, 2023, 04:20:54 PM »

Got that under control for the time being and let Piper out!  Wow, my back yard is like a lake! Ido not know how much more it will hold!
Phyl, hope Jim can find a Camry!  Unfortunately folks don't trade or sell them often!  Sure would give you both more i dependence if he could find one. 
Lisa, a drum set will save the pots and pans!  Growing up all the kids would get. Them out and bang on them!   Terrible noise!  She will develop a great sense of rhythm .  In a year she can pile them into her pink car and drive off to the local dance hall!

LOL

I am glad you got the vertigo under control. 

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11834 on: December 02, 2023, 04:25:18 PM »

Lisa I was a teacher's assist. in a Montessori-style PreSchool. This was a good choice from an educational stand point.
It would have to be up to the parents to control 'the when, where and for how long and supervise." IMHO
Pediatric docs and pre-school experts have long recommend allowing toddler to 'bang' on various household items usually
with a wooden spoon to help with various developments in growth etc.   I did, even way back then...LOL  From what I've been told I had started
slapping 'things' rhythmically and doc said to give me pots and pans plus a spoon. Some such.
I don't know Kelly /Bradley. As I said it's up the parents to control the exposure, etc, etc. Don't you think? After all?  ;)

Oh Karen LOL Sydney.   Do hope you don't get flooded. mercy! Glad vertigo is under control.

Jim  :( , he's back with the walking pneumonia and I'm sure to pick it up,  again. Just as long as Maggie doesn't.
No, indeed  folks don't trade Toyotas in and if they do ...price beyond our budget. From what he said this AM
I belive he realizes his budget won't allow choozienes. He's mostly looked online. And, I've stayed out of it other than to state over again---
'I want my Kia back. All nice and pretty like the day I bought him." 
If he'd only take better care of himself.  ::)

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan