Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470701 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11475 on: November 22, 2023, 09:13:53 PM »

Amen, BL.

Thank you, Bob Anderson & Company!!!! And RRP, and all carrying forward the legacy.

:-* :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11476 on: November 22, 2023, 09:50:21 PM »

Good Wednesday evening, Beakers.  :)

Thanks to all who asked about how I'm feeling. I've been fine today. No lingering after-effects, thankfully.

Clynn, yowza on that stick M15 was carrying!!! Hate it broke off before he could show it to the new girl.  ;) :D  I just love that picture of M15 watching his new lady mantle and eat the fish he gifted her in the nest. Love the look on his face! It's love again at the SWFL nest, I hope. I hurt for Harriet being gone, but M15 really is Mighty, and he will do what he can to carry his species forward. I know we will never know, but I still think he is "of Ozzie".  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lisa, the rain didn't get here till around 6pm last night (Tues. night). We had about 2.5 inches, officially, in the 24 hours from 6pm Tuesday till 6pm Wednesday... and a bit more after that, but I think it finally has mostly stopped as of just a little bit ago. It will be sunny and 60 here tomorrow!  Congrats to Bradley and Kelly on buying a house!  That's wonderful!

Tsk, my team won today, so we play Thursday at 2:30. I haven't looked to see... how did your Marquette team do?  I hope you get a good night of sleep - you have worked hard preparing for tomorrow. Hugs to Tim's son and DIL - I hope she is tolerating her chemo okay and will be able to enjoy some time with you all for Thanksgiving.

Lani, %$#!#$%^#! ... your post!  Hope you like your new phone. Hate Mike is enduring such pain and hope he gets in to see his doc earlier than his curent appointment, by way of someone's cancellation, maybe. Hugs to Milo, poor guy upset about something... seems I've heard of UTI sometimes causing related issues. Don't know if you've already looked into that. Hope Norman can "brush it off."  :-*

Karen, hate it about that fence. It will work out one way or another. People telling you to have a mural painted on it... LOL, don't think I would be painting someone else's property.  ;) ;) :D  Maybe Piper will decide to pee on it regularly.  ;D

Karen, your bed/sleeping description  ;D ;D ;D made me remember this scene from "Here's Lucy", when Lucy was trying to fix the hospital bed for Harry when he got his tonsils out:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0600044/mediaviewer/rm2777502720/?ref_=tt_md_10

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 09:55:59 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #11477 on: November 22, 2023, 10:55:03 PM »

U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11478 on: November 23, 2023, 12:25:32 AM »

Phyl, beautiful snowy nature video.... I can't imagine how history might have been different if the pilgrims didn't get help from the Wampanoags...  Sorry I couldn't read the article without subscribing.... Mike is moving better today. thanks... calming collar seems to be working. All is quiet  ;D. Thanks for the Thanksgiving food list for our pets.

Clynn, Milo doesn't like to be touched around the neck... I wrapped Milo in a towel and placed the calming collar on him. He gave me death stares from across the room. But, he's been quiet today. His appetite and activity is just fine. He's left Norman alone and no jumping on the kitchen counter .... One of Mike's employees called him today and asked for my turkey gravy recipe. LOL! I guess Mike raves about it.... I pray the GHOs would stay away from SWFL nest. Great pics...

Puff, thanks for posting more pet info.

{{{Kb}}} glad your surgery went well, prayers for successful healing. You, Chris and Ollie keep safe... Baby Tiger has a healthy big tummy to rub.  :-*

Eagles, Mike is moving better today... Milo seems to be doing well with his calming collar.... Safe travels and have a lovely Thanksgiving in San Luis Obispo.  :-*

Lisa, I'd love to do the island cruise too.

BL, I read your weather report for Lilbro, no wonder we're getting a cold snap south of Wy.

Tig, Have a lovely Thanksgiving and weekend at Cove Point. Looking forward to pics. {{{Tig and Camper}}} Safe travels.

Tsk, I like my new phone, it sure has a lot of bells and whistles.  ;D Enjoy your Thanksgiving tomorrow with Tim, his son, wife and grandson.

Lisa, Wonderful news and best wishes to Bradley, Kelly and little Miss Sydney in their new home! I started my Thanksgiving cooking today too....

Baz, I checked with my vet and read quite a bit before I got the calming collar. I'll keep it on him ten days, even though it's for 30 only. .. Congrats to UNC... Peace  :)

BL, thanks for sharing your adventures and love of music .. like the House of Blues  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11479 on: November 23, 2023, 06:13:04 AM »

Good Morning. And Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !   

Currently 45F mostly clear with a    High  58F sunny,  Low 41 F .

Hope everyone slept well last night.
May  St. Christopher be with all who travel albiet on land, sea, or air!

Lots of good food to be devoured today.    A simple and traditional  dinner fare for us : Breast of Turkey, basic  (celery, onions seasoning) dressing , lots and lots of gravy, mashed baby red potatoes,  baked cranberry sauce,  green bean casserole and walnut drop biscuts ( a receipe from history's first Thanksgiving) Southern Pecan pie and you got it---Reddi Whipp  real cream topping. Coffee Breakfast : omlet w/ green pepper, onions, diced tomatoes, grilled bacon,  cinnamon rasin bread, Irish butter and lots of fresh coffee.

{{{KB}}}

{{{Karen}}}

{{{Mike}}}

{{{Puff}}}

BL  I too think the weather for Lilbro is influencing our weather. Brrr!

Lani good news for Milo-wonder what got into him.  Glad you got your iPhone 12 set up. I hate upgrading anything.  Esp. with MicroSoft and computers.

Lisa Congrats to Bradley and Kelly on the largest purchase of their lives. And welcome to The Great American Dream!  ;)

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11481 on: November 23, 2023, 06:15:18 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all RRP Forum Members far and wide.
I'm thankful for all of you. A more welcoming, knowledgeable, eclectic, courteous, respectful, funny talon perched is not found other then right here. 

The from young to old educational awareness on our planet peoples is profound.

Carrying on the torch RRP.

A bird long ago tended to.
A True Legacy born !

Right you are!!
Thank you.

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11482 on: November 23, 2023, 06:36:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, your menu for today sounds perfect! I am thinking of making a turkey & dressing casserole today with the leftovers from Sunday. We have leftover green bean casserole and sweet potatoes and pecan pie so I think we will have a good dinner! The kids made it to Florida yesterday by about 10:30 AM, they flew directly from Des Moines to Punta Gordo, the Airbnb is on Sanibel Island. 34 now, high 42, mostly sunny today. 365, the Juncos need to get going!

Lani, well, I think we would all like your gravy recipe, especially if Mike brags on it! Glad to hear Milo is responding well to the collar, The 'death stare'! LOLOL. One of Erin's two cats started doing the same as Milo, we finally figured out that it was because the other cat was bullying him in the litter box. A second litter box seemed to have solved the problem. Oh, the new phone woes, I have that after every update! Something changes! Then I have to call Erin to figure it out! But I love having a camera on hand!  Hope Mike is feeling a bit better each day... Harley is pestering me right now, and he is in that nipping/swiping mood!  ::) ::)

Yesterday picture of the kittens!                                                                                  And Harley just now...

BL, ahh, the Blues Brothers! The movie was on tv Tuesday, so enjoyed watching it again! Your words about RRP and how we have all been brought together to form these friendships is a beautiful thing and so very true! I cherish all of the Beakers, and feel like we have been friends for a long time! We will all grow very old together...

baz, loved the scene from the Lucy Show that karen reminded you of, I had that same vision too!  Your words of wisdom picture, beautiful...

tsk, hoping you and Tim have a wonderful Thanksgiving with Tom's family coming for diner, I am sure all preparations are going well!

Lisa, congrats to Bradley and Kelly and their first home! The first home is always special!

karen, what does Piper think of the fence, or does she not even notice? Have you got a nice little dinner planned for you and Piper today?

kb, oh that sweet little tiger, and what a full belly!

tig, have a wonderful Thanksgiving up north!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 06:47:01 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #11483 on: November 23, 2023, 06:49:36 AM »

Hi CLynn glad to hear Erin, Sydney and Munchkins arrive safe n' sound; the Siamiese kittens are sooooo cute; Harley looks well.  Was thinking the same of Lani's gravy receipe---so maybe she'll share it today and we'll have it next year. ;)   
Your casserole is it just turkey and dressing mixed  with gravy and poured in a casserole dish?

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #11484 on: November 23, 2023, 06:51:25 AM »

Thanks Phyl for all your special remembrances.  Enjoy being part of our group.  The friendships and joy here is precious and comforting.  We all help each other through rough times and celebrate just as honestly with our happiness.

We thank Bob for RRP and hope he knew/knows what a treasure he created for all here.

ENJOY!  and  THANKS TO ALL!

P

Phyl

« Reply #11485 on: November 23, 2023, 07:03:07 AM »

We,  do have such a special group of folks here. Bob and RRP have created a special place to allow us to come together ...to discuss the raptor we love so much...and to chat among ourselves sharing our highs and lows, our joys and sadness, smiles and tears.
Love you all.

Finally took some time and gave Dan a short call. Says all  is as good as can be expected.
Making his own Turkey Day feast.

Puff so good to see you this morning!  Hope you have a blessed day.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11486 on: November 23, 2023, 07:03:42 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Happy Thanksgiving!
November 22, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/11/22/happy-thanksgiving-2/

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11487 on: November 23, 2023, 07:05:58 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

BL   Couldn't agree more!   We have so much to be thankful for today and every day.  :-*

BAZI   WOW  #4 Marquette took down #1 Kansas - SORRY LANI   Good point about the mural.  ::)

LANI   If word spreads you may have to bottle your gravy  LOL  Good to hear that collar is working.  Sounds like you've got a good start on the new phone.

CLYNN   Expect Erin et all will still see a lot of hurricane residual... :(   Awww  sweet kitties  Lots of good Thanksgiving pics

PHYL   Who doesn't know that classic Norman Rockwell.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #11488 on: November 23, 2023, 07:08:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers......Happy Thanksgiving!!

tig - Your meal sounded yummy.

tsk & karen - The house is an older built home in a nice neighborhood, that has been remodeled.  It is about 25-30 miles away from where they are now, so it will take me a good 1.5 to 2 hours to get there depending on traffic.  Here is a pic of it on Redfin. https://www.redfin.com/MD/Frederick/1312-Mulberry-Ct-21703/home/15226521

BL - Happy Thanksgiving to you and Pip.

baz - Thank you.  We didn't get the 1 to 2 inches that was expected.  It was like a drizzly rain all day, but the day was gloomy and miserable.

Lani - Thank you.  Is Shannon coming over today, or is it just you and Mike? Oh, I see you said, Mike is moving a lil better.  Hope he gets some relief.

Phyl - Thank you.  Your meal sounds delish for today. Thanks for the 365.

clynn - Thank you.  The home is in Frederick.  Didn't you say you have been there before?  Aww, Harley and the kittens!  Glad to hear that Erin and family made it to FL. 

Puff - Morning   :)

Phyl

« Reply #11489 on: November 23, 2023, 07:18:09 AM »

Lisa tks for photos of Bradley/Kelly's first home. And, a very nice one too!  Love the switchback stairs.  Esp. the deck and established garden.
I think a baby gate or two will be in order.  ;) 
 You'll have to plan  house warming party.
When you next see them tell them how much I like 1312 Mulberry Ct, Frederick, MD . And, I wish them a successful purchase...a very
happy life there.

#IstandwithEvan