Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470559 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10365 on: October 20, 2023, 03:26:19 PM »

no bounce
In tears. Read a bit about the true story of the attrocities.

A very powerful movie. A must see.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #10366 on: October 20, 2023, 03:34:53 PM »

Puff - not true of my Ash...I have mowed over 4 times so far....now it's done.
Sad about how quick they are to take them out though, when treatment is the answer and incidentally less expensive than removing them. One of those things that gov't does without common sense imho, take them out rather than treat too often.

My honey locust, killed by gas line and AT and T...(digging) was a pain in the arsh.
Dropped often but remember where leaves fall is the real problem.

As I have so much garden/not grass....leaves like locust that only dropped in my garden meant hand picking up...same in the back with neighbor's ash.

It's easy to mulch/or bag leaves on grass.....in gardens: Not so much.

karengramke

« Reply #10367 on: October 20, 2023, 05:05:12 PM »

Some lovely fall scenes on here lately!  Todays by Lisa was great!  No pictures of the kitties? 
Lani,enjoy the weekend with Mike!   I thought you had done some firewising not long ago!  .  ?  Time flies you know!   Had my last medical appointment for October this afternoon!   Have two in November!  Will have to find something else to do for excitement!   Got my last two shots today ,st Walgreens.  A pfizer covid and flu! So far no problem, not even a sore arm.  Much smaller needle than tge two at publix.  The pharmacist commented that they had recently received new needles and he thought they were much better!
Did some shopping to wile away the 15 minutes they ask you to wait after the covid shot!

When
Ifist came to Valdosta I boarded my z3 shih tzus at a vet practice and had them checked over,  long story short I became my vets first client!  I followed her to another practice and now she is retired from there. She still works for practices in a few towns around here when they need help and she runs a dog boarding and training business in town!

I gave her my medical power of attorney.  The person I has initially namedwas diagnosed with dementia and I thought it was time for a change!   She is a gem.

Off to eat a bite of something and emoty the dryer!  And Tsk, that is wonderful about tgecoat drive!  Have a few I could g ace added to the pile!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10368 on: October 20, 2023, 05:12:42 PM »

TIG  Just Googled the movie.  Don't know if I want to be sadder in world full of sadness right now.  Going instead tonight to see my friend who cuts my hair in a comedy play at her church.  ;)

KAREN  WOW  retired vet a good friend to be medical POA.  I remind you of the coat drive next year - we can meet half way  LOLOL
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #10369 on: October 20, 2023, 05:14:50 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

A warm day here - high of 68, clear skies and calm winds...  No rain until Monday.

A few videos today...

A Stray Cat Jumped Into An Open Car Door   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81fi22XGY2U

Maru comfortably enjoys solo nap   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdMV5i8svdI

Today would have been Tom Petty's 73 Birthday
Quarantine Kids play "Don't Do Me Like That"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFnggNRjgS4
Quarantine Kids play "I'll Cry Instead"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCzHHaSYKQM

My TOP 10 Favorite BASS LINES - Part 3   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPnd79cDWRQ

Cowboy Take Me Away - The Chicks cover by Foxes and Fossils   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TmddavRLY4

This is about a Linn Co. Park about 15 miles North of Cedar Rapids
Pinicon Ridge Park Dam Mitigation: Restoring the Wapsipinicon River   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omKILl52UQc

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/osKPXQByAi8?feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SiSb7NNJmT4?feature=share

I got my Covid and Flu shots yesterday at my annul wellness checkup - no problems at all...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10370 on: October 20, 2023, 05:56:53 PM »

St. Christopher be with Mike this weekend as he travels home .

Thank you Tig I'll read more on "  true story of the atrocities.'   ;)  Movie is on my short list.

KB you are so dedicated to your garden/yard. Your hard work shows.

Karen wonderful vet to be Piper's POA. Glad y ou feel 'okay' after the two (CoVid/flu) shots.

Tsk  :)

OldGuy 'Congrats' on the annual. CoVid/flu all out of the way.  ;)
Tks for the links and info. After dinner will check them out.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 06:32:58 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10371 on: October 20, 2023, 06:03:41 PM »

A "Good Evening' with SEDs  to Everyone !

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #10372 on: October 20, 2023, 06:11:32 PM »

Phyll, she is my poa and I am Pipers poa!  She plays with Piper though!   >:( >:( ;D
 Had a wonderful day today of sunshine and  a high temperature of 81! 
No rain thru next week, unfortunately  but temps in the high 70s and low 80s. Great weather!   Hope Clynn is having a ball!
Old Guy, perfect time to get tge flu shot!

Sure Tsk, I will start out soon!  Too funny

LisaG1967

« Reply #10373 on: October 20, 2023, 07:21:57 PM »

Kb - My maple in the front has lost some leaves not all, but they look a crispy brown.  All of my Silver maples in the back are greenish yellow, so they should be dropping soon. 

Puff - 😂 Your instant naked trio.

Lani - Will you have help with the firewise?  Safe trip and travels for Mike.  😊

Baz - We are just now getting the rain. 

Phyl - I am hoping that Ms Sydney comes to my house for Halloween, so I can see her in her lil costume. 

Karen - Thanks for the comment on the fall pic. I deleted the pics that jaspurr sent me of the kitties by accident a while back when she sent them to me! Sorry 😞

Tsk - Hope you enjoyed the play.

Oldguy - Still working on the videos, but thanks!  Glad you had no problems with your vaccines.

Have a good night, everyone!

Puff

« Reply #10374 on: October 20, 2023, 07:47:56 PM »

Puff - not true of my Ash...I have mowed over 4 times so far....now it's done.
Sad about how quick they are to take them out though, when treatment is the answer and incidentally less expensive than removing them. One of those things that gov't does without common sense imho, take them out rather than treat too often.

My honey locust, killed by gas line and AT and T...(digging) was a pain in the arsh.
Dropped often but remember where leaves fall is the real problem.

As I have so much garden/not grass....leaves like locust that only dropped in my garden meant hand picking up...same in the back with neighbor's ash.

It's easy to mulch/or bag leaves on grass.....in gardens: Not so much.

Ants got my first locust, one I have now only 20? yrs.  Second one doesn't have messy pods - means its a male?  But then bad decision, only real place for waterline for fountain meant fountain got placed closed to the tree.  You know what I'm going to say. . .  A few times all summer I have to empty and clean out the falling stuff out of the pump.  But it's right close to the furniture so I can help themshower so they don'tmiss any spots.   ::)

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10375 on: October 20, 2023, 10:09:54 PM »

Puff - Awe, sorry for you losing one of your ash trees to beetles. :(

Lani - Hope Mike is home now - Monday will come around way too fast!

Tig - Pool time  :)

Kb - Did Ollie enjoy bath time today? ;)

Phyl - No lunch today after my Mom had her haircut.  We went to a couple of places to run errands, and then she was ready to go home!

Tsk - My Mom likes to stick close to home these days - so we went to the bank and to the grocery store - then I took her home (her request).  She enjoyed her haircut and we had a very nice time together.

Oldguy - Good for you in having no probs with the shots!

LisaG - I hope they bring Sydney to your house on Halloween! ;D

Beakers have a nice evening  :)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10376 on: October 20, 2023, 10:46:18 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

Lisa, the sky threatened, but it didn't actually start raining here till about 4:00 or 4:30 this afternoon. So I got my grocery shopping and another errand run, and I got in a 45-minute walk before the rain! Yay! I missed walking a couple days this week, so I'm glad I got out there today. I hope you get to see Sydney dressed up for Halloween!  :) :-*

OG, glad you got your vaccines and didn't have any problems.  :)

Karen, you're done with the doctors for the rest of the month!  :D Glad your two vaccines went smoothly. You are Piper's health POA.  ;D

TSK, oh good. Whew.  :)  Oh, I hope the comedy play is entertaining and fun.  :)

Lani, so much firewise work! I know it's important though. Do I remember you had some hired help last go-round of that?  I hope you will again this time. Hope you and Mike enjoy the weekend!  :)

E4E, that's great your mom likes going to the same hair stylist you like going to. I always think that's a relaxing treat.  :)

I'm tired... so calling it a night.

Good Night, Beakers. SED. Peace.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10378 on: October 21, 2023, 01:45:17 AM »

Tig, sounds like a powerful movie. Thanks.

Kb, that's a big Ash tree! Lots of leaves to pic up. Your nieghborhood fall colors is lovely.

Tsk, yes, it's just me and it was this summer too. Though I hired someone to help me with cutting down tree limbs, removing two small dead trees and taking them to recycle at the park lake in June. And I did the rest.... Enjoy the play tonight! Mike and I will watch the AZ Diamondbacks.  ;D

Oldguy, I loved Dash the stray cat story. Thanks for links. Take care.

Phyl, thank you for St Christopher's prayer for Mike's travels.

Karen, Glad your shots went smoothly. Wonderful to have a friend you trust as your POA....I hope you're done with doctors for awhile....  Yes, we firewise twice a year, let our HOA know we're keeping up with it, and inspections are held every 3 years.... {{{Piper}}}

Lisa, I can do the raking and taking care of the bushes and yard debri myself.

Puff, you have beautiful trees. Memories of our homes in Kansas, and the tree Doc we used. The trees were always injected with something...Our HOA will inspect our area next May. You get fined if you're area has not been firewised during a 3 year period. That's not a problem with us, but I'm preparing just in case something happens and I can firewise in the spring right before inspection. Other homeowners may hire a contractor to help them, but I enjoy doing the work while I can.....No, I missed seeing the showings. But, I remember seeing tumbleweeds in western Kansas during the windy hot August months, rolling across farmland or interstate 70.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWR6FLnPack

SED Eagles, I bet you both had a nice day. Yes, Monday will be here too quickly.

Baz, I won't need help with the Fall Firewise. Raudel told me to call him if I needed help. But, it's okay... It keeps me busy while Mike's gone.  ;D .. my bed and the pets are calling me too. Sweet Dreams and peaceful rest.  :-*

Puff and Karen  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYF7Sn5MSo

Oct 20, 2023  #southwestfloridaeaglecam
F23 flies in to the nest with a big stick and it gets caught on the side rails. She leaves it there & aerates the bowl when M15 flies in with a clump of grasses and lands on her tail feathers! He leaves the grass there and starts to move the stick she brought in and F23 nips at him - that is her stick don't move it!! 😊 M powers through and starts aerating the bowl and gets another little beaky nip - they are too close to one another! M goes to the spike & F23 flies off the nest and grabs a stick on the fly in the front pines and returns to the nest. M15 wants to help so he hops to the nest but F23 wants to place HER stick and nips at M again.

Later they both are seen on the veranda - and we have nice closeups of our handsome M15 ♥ He flies off and brings back grasses. Beautiful closeups of F23 on the attic while he places his grass. M15 joins her and they exchange vocals and preen in sync - taking a break from their nest work.  Thank you for watching!

To see the highlights below, please click on the timestamps to advance to that portion of the video.

TIMESTAMPS
00:00 Opening F23 with a stick #1
01:06 M15 with grasses #2  lands on F23's tail
01:38 F23 nippy at M15 for trying to place her stick
02:45 M15 grass landing on F23 - cam 1
03:17 F23 nippy nippy nippy at M15
06:24 F23 flies off, grabs stick #3  fly & returns to nest cam 1
07:10 M15 jumps to nest trying to help her
07:51 F23 nippy at M for touching her stick
08:13 F23 stick cam 2 view & M trying to help
12:04 F23 on veranda (left) M15 on spike (right)
12:53 M15 on Veranda tip (right) & F23 on veranda left
13:29 Closeups of M15 ♥
15:24 M15 flies off & returns with grasses #4
16:27 M15 places his grass
17:18 F23 closeups on attic ♥
20:47 M15 joins F23 on attic - vocals
21:44 Both preening in sync

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk 

Good night  8)

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #10379 on: October 21, 2023, 06:19:05 AM »

Almost forgot...

Here’s Why Animal Activists Celebrate Black Cat Awareness Month in October
Animal rights activists across the country are celebrating Black Cat Awareness Month in October, to improve their image and to protect them.

https://www.greenmatters.com/p/black-cat-awareness-month-october

Most shelters won't adopt out black cats for this super disturbing reason.
If you have a weak stomach, you may want to skip this: for years, it's been rumored that people like to sacrifice black cats during the month of October. That's why many shelters often won't adopt out black cats on or around Halloween — some just skip the entire month of October.

#IstandwithEvan