Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470438 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10005 on: October 10, 2023, 07:06:26 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, Spirit is from the 2018 NEFL nest, the other eaglet was Sky, here is a video of Spirit:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-uFnE0RgcE
Gee, I love hearing the eaglet squees in this video...it's music to our ears!  Yes, it's a bit sad when the annuals fall in the first frost, but I so enjoy them all summer long! My copper tub of impatiens was very pretty too, I moved it when I had the rose bushes planted in their old spot. I think the roses will need to be moves in the spring. They just don't get enough sun where they are now, I was very disappointed! Love the good night pic! And I absolutely love the picture of Norman and Milo! They are certainly a bonded pair! This is one of my favorite pictures of Max and Emma, my Siamese. They were very bonded, like Norman and Milo! Both went to the Rainbow Bridge in 2015.

baz, yes, I don't like it when the first frost gets my plants, but I will rebuild in the Spring! And yes, I like to think that V3 may very well be Spirit! Can't prove it...but can't disprove it... Peace!

karen, I would love to see a video of you rolling the trash to the street! Wait, maybe a neighbor across the street has a Ring doorbell and has a video! Will you check for me?  LOLOL! Good job though! I am sure you were very careful!

tsk, yes, we have several nice plant places around here, I always get my coleus at the same place, the Earl May Garden Center. It's a semi-local company, only in IA, KS, MO and NE. The funny we heard when we moved here, go to the Earl May on Merle Hay (it's next to Merle Hay Road) (Merle Hay was the first Iowa serviceman to die in WW1). Just as funny as the Kum & Go gas stations!

Phyl, I like that dryer vent pumpkin, I may have to try that! Thank you for reminding me, I have a pumpkin made from a small wind turbine! I will have to go find it and put it out! I will take a picture when I find it!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10006 on: October 10, 2023, 07:14:25 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy  Tuesday !   

Currently48F  High  69F  mostly sunny,  Low 48F  clear.

Tropical  storm 'Lidia' is moving north in the Eastern Pacific.

CLynn oh now funny, spider cartoon! Awww Max and Emma. Pretty pumpkins. So funny gas station signs. Cassette tapes are ancient.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.
 All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 07:32:44 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10007 on: October 10, 2023, 07:16:29 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10009 on: October 10, 2023, 07:23:01 AM »

MORNING BEAKERS

41 heading to 59  Brrr. 

KAREN   The Packer game was not televised here - at least not on any channel I have.  I see they lost tho.  Doing about as bad as the Bears..LOL

BAZI  Tim loves to cook fish and he sautes it olive oil and a little butter - and has several seasonings from the spice rack out on the counter - I don't watch but stay out of his way  LOL  He then sautes onions in the same pan which he likes over his fish - I do not.  When I cook I too saute in olive oil and a little butter seasoned with lemon pepper, and 21 seasoning salute from Trader Joes.  I love to bake it tho with the same seasonings but spread olive oil on fish first.  Then lay thin lemon slices over the top.

LANI   Why didn't I realize Norman and Milo look so much alike   ::)  Love the good night pic  ;D

CLYNN  " Earl May and Merle Hay"   LOLOL   Kum and Go gas station - Only in Iowa  LOLOL    Civil War cassette  - sure seems like it these days.  ::)

PHYL  Love that beautiful fall bench display.      I want the pumpkin on the very top shelf  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 07:24:36 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #10010 on: October 10, 2023, 08:45:12 AM »

Lani, I did not realize your kitties almost look like twins! So pretty!  Clunn, beautiful siamese!   Love your last picture with the decorated Pumpkin!   I am going to buy some coleus this spring!  So pretty! I haven't had any since I was in Fairhope!
Tsk I saute fish in olive oil and maybe a little butter with lemon, etc as well!  Also use  Zatarain fish fry and olive oil!  Light spicy coating!   No Walleye  here. Saw tge Pack finally lost last night!  Now, the Bears did beat Washington last week, 40 to 20! 
Mt neighbor, across the street will take my garbage container to the street but she was out of town this weekend!  She met her sister and her family, her kids and I am noT sure about her husband, north of Atlanta for the forth and last spreading of her mothers ashes!  This has been going on a long time. I do not want bits and pieces left all over the place!  Lol.
Anyway, the short walk was good for me!   Yes, Phyl, the container has wheels!  We have Waste Management here as do many of you!
Getting ready for hha today and a day of some quick shopping!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10011 on: October 10, 2023, 08:58:36 AM »

Morning Beakers!

currently 61 - possible shower this evening - high 71

Clynn - Your coleus plants are beautiful!  Like your morning graphics  :)   Loved the vid of Spirit & Sky NEFL - those squees!  Thank you for posting  ;D
           Love your precious pic of Max & Emma - it shows how much they were a bonded pair - I know you still miss them so much.
           Cassette tapes are antiques now - but used to be all the rage! ;)Lol!   Cute spider/slide comic.

Bazi - Very cute birthday greeting for Destini yesterday! ;D

Lani - Beautiful picture of Norman & Milo!!  They are looking comfy & happy! ;D    Like your ghostly image last night  :)

Phyl - Pretty autumn picture this morning!   Wow-that pumpkin house! ;D  Thanks for Nature - Cranes!!

Tsk - Cool temp in your area - its a sweater day!

Karen - Enjoy your lil shopping  :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #10012 on: October 10, 2023, 10:16:42 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning tig, Puff, kb and all  :)

Lori - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to Destini!!

clynn - V3 is a looker.  Are your coleus plants still that pretty looking?  My Vinca's did not like the cooler weather and the leaves have kinda shriveled a bit.  ((Max & Emma)) beautiful kitties.  Love those pumpkins with the flowers. LOL, Lynyrd Skynard!

Phyl - Thanks for the DIY dryer vent pumpkin.  Im not very crafty, so I can see me getting aggravated and throwing it in the trash.  ;D Cool pumpkin house!

karen - Glad you did not fall dragging that can to the curb! 

E4E and Lani - It was a nice day of lunch and shopping.   :D

tsk - Jeff would like both ways that you and Tim do your fish.

Puff

« Reply #10013 on: October 10, 2023, 10:38:49 AM »

I've been following the saga of Karen and the garbage.  Michael did help/will help if needed (usually the yard bags no wheels  >:() But he's still under watch from his wipeout.  But only a couple bags to go before it's all gone for the season.  Use a two-wheeler to roll out the bags.  Cans are on wheels.

Plus, I mentioned before, the garbage picker-upper saw me with my friend the stick and now helps me.  Going down to the curb I put the stick sticking it out of the can going down and then I have stick when I finish to walk back up.  It's a long walk and slanted back up.  After he's done with the pickup/pickups he sooooo nicely gets out of his truck and rolls the empty cans back up to the garage for me.  I think that's just so nice! 

Later -

P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 10:40:52 AM by Puff »

weasel65

« Reply #10014 on: October 10, 2023, 10:40:08 AM »

Karen - Here in Orange County, CA, I have Waste Management as well.  They have a program for seniors and others that have difficulty taking out/in their bins.  They will provide that service and WM doesn't charge for it here.

Puff

« Reply #10015 on: October 10, 2023, 10:50:12 AM »

Karen - I've been here for 51 years, think it's the 4th garbage company - getting the extra help and just having someone notice is a timely treat.  LRS is the name now.  Waste Management bought out the last company and only maybe 5 or 6 months sold out to this LRS.  Even came out with special sizes for seniors and less cost.  Now have different lid carts for the recycle - I like that they care about those of us who care about reclycing.

P

Phyl

« Reply #10016 on: October 10, 2023, 10:59:46 AM »

Tsk Never had Walleye. But,  I'd eat fish either your way or Tim's  :)

Karen have seen Zatarain fish fry on Publix shelves-think I'll  try it. One can never have too much olive oil.  Yes. Waste Management is nationwide---our day is Thursday  ::)  However, so glad you have folks to help w/garbage. Hope you have a good day shopping.

E4E nice autumn greeting today.  Cooler temps for you.

Lisa  crafts are 'okay' . I have a seasonal collection that takes an entire attic---finally moved half into the guest room closet--for easier access.  ;)

Weasel  Good to see you today.   Didn't know that WM had a senior program for taking one's garbage to curb. That's nice . 

Puff Yes. WM is now LRS. No visible change though. Well, if they have a senior rate---where is it?  ::)  Guess like all else and must call to get it applied. Out
here that'd be like pulling teeth to get applied.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 11:04:19 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10017 on: October 10, 2023, 11:21:45 AM »

Karen - Here in Orange County, CA, I have Waste Management as well.  They have a program for seniors and others that have difficulty taking out/in their bins.  They will provide that service and WM doesn't charge for it here.

Thanx for that info! Will have to look into that here...
We do use the regular sized recycling bins, but we have the small 35 lb. Every other week pick-up.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 11:29:58 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

weasel65

« Reply #10018 on: October 10, 2023, 11:23:05 AM »

Puff,  I don't know about a senior rate, but there is no charge for having them take the bins out and back in.

I don't see it on the website.  I think you need to call them to ask for the assistance.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 11:25:17 AM by weasel65 »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10019 on: October 10, 2023, 11:26:34 AM »

KAREN   I must say it sure sounds like you are really doing well.  :-*

EAGLES   Yes I did pull out my big warm fall sweater today  ;D

PUFF   What a nice gesture from the garbage pick-up guy.   :-*

WEASEL  That's a pretty nifty free program for seniors.  Never heard of that before. Guess that is because we don't have Waste Mgt here.
Chicagoland