Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471410 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9960 on: October 09, 2023, 07:21:49 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Oct 9, 2023 7:20 AM
Camera Time: Oct 9, 2023 7:19 AM CDT

Birchwoman
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9961 on: October 09, 2023, 07:28:20 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9962 on: October 09, 2023, 07:50:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I didn't get a lot of pictures yesterday, Ed took the kids to the park and forgot to take any!! A little Flarp action here by Talon, and Bella's hairdo (I wanted so bad to fix it!!) Bella is going through a real sassy stage right now, no doubt brought on by starting school and not getting all of the attention she was used to.

Lani, earlier this summer I picked up a Whoopee Cushion at the Dollar Tree, Talon was relentless with it! He eventually blew it up, and stomped on it with his feet, no doubt planning for the biggest fart ever...the seam split and the Whoopee Cushion was no more...  ;D ;D  Oh no, computer problems, I hate having computer problems. :o :o Nice that Mike will be home for a while!

baz, as long as you don't give up on the walking you're doing good! Sometimes we need a short pause so we can jump back in!

Phyl, beautiful Autumn mantle! So glad to hear that Maggie has put some weight on, that is a very good sign! Peaceful Flyway sunrise... and a beautiful 365!

Lisa, Jeff is good and that is a good thing!  It said it got to 70 yesterday, but it still felt chilly, it was windy.

kb, beautiful picture of the Goshawk. Beautiful but such a killer of nestlings... The Goshawk is what has driven the ospreys and other birds away from some of the cams in Estonia. I know it's nature....  I am assuming the package you retrieved from your neighbor was yours?  ::) ::)  You must have received the Amazon email and noticed the porch wasn't yours! Same thing happened to me once but I didn't know whose porch it was!  Weird about the van, I think I would have had the police check it out if it was running that long and close to my house.

BL, sounds like you are having an ethereal experience!

Tatra Mountains, Poland

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9963 on: October 09, 2023, 07:57:54 AM »

Some bounce
Thanx, Beakers, for the info on heart-related concerns. The research I did this morning suggests most (not all) concern is centered on young males and that all vaccines (including flu,) can have a brief affect on our hearts. The benefits outweigh the small risk for most. Talons crossed.

https://americanindian.si.edu/nk360/informational/columbus-day-myths
Praying for Peace for all
HAGD

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9964 on: October 09, 2023, 07:58:23 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

41 degrees   :o  Heading to mid 50's

LISA    Good to hear Jeff is OK.

BL   Quite and extensive trip to say the least  ::)

BAZI    Good progress on your walking program .  Amazing how the build up of endurance sneaks up on you.  Two goals for me today;  Take a brisk walk and cut down the remaining perennials in my garden.  If the sun is out I do not mind the cold.

KB  Isn't that goshawk beautiful  :o   Bet they forgot to turn it off?  Running out all the gas??  So terrible for the air around your house.

CLYNN   Here's how Bella will learn how to live in society.  big changes in the years to come.  Will be fun to see how she changes.   Good advice about KB contacting the police.  Gosh, what would it be like to live in that little house, or is it a church by the mountains?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #9965 on: October 09, 2023, 08:06:22 AM »

tsk - yes, and with my furnace cold air intake right above my bed....my arborvitae surely don't appreciate it either. When I opened the door it was so thick Chris smelled it across the room.

I suppose they drank too much and forgot...?...I don't know how big a van gas tank is, nor how long it would take to empty it. But thankfully, someone turned it off around midnight.

clynn - I rewound my surveillance cam video and saw the amazon truck parked in front of my neighbor's house and watched the person deliver my package to his front step...then confirmed with a track my package photo from earlier.
I planned on waking up my neighbor with a phone call when it was shut off pretty quickly thereafter.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 09:07:15 AM by kbshcb »

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9966 on: October 09, 2023, 09:22:54 AM »

Good morning Beakers!

mostly cloudy today - current 57 - high of 70 - possibility of light shower this afternoon.

Karen - I had Lincoln logs as a child and also got them for my sons  :)

BL  :)

Puff  :)

Baz - Good for you with the walking - awesome! ;D

Lani - Sorry for the printing issue you guys were having - but glad it seems you got all the notes for Mike printed. :)   Like your praying for peace 'nite' pic.

Kb - Beautiful picture of Goshawk.   Strange about the van running for hours - they must have forgotten about it. :o  Okay, just read that someone turned it off!

Phyl - Cute kitty this morning!  Liked the autumn twilight in Nature - so peaceful.  Cute Columbus Day gif.

Clynn - So nice to see the Munchkins and how much they are growing!  Talon with the Flarp Lol!  Bella's hair - still so pretty!! ;)   Like the Poland picture and beautiful bird!

Tig - Yes I agree - thank you  :)

Tsk  :)

LisaG - We did steak on the grill for dinner yesterday too!

Lori  :)

Oldguy - Are you working today on Columbus Day?

Beakers have a nice day  :)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9967 on: October 09, 2023, 10:44:53 AM »

tsk, I did an image search on that building in the picture from Poland, it is indeed a church! I had to translate from Polish to English; St. Anne's Church in Jaworzyna Tatrzańska with a view of the Tatra Mountains  You are so right, starting school is the first step into becoming a member of society! Some get it without trying, some have to try very hard, and some never get it right!

E4E, yes, the Munchkins are growing fast! Talon will be 9 next month, he was only 1 when Erin and Sydney started dating. Where does the time go... We had steak on the grill yesterday too!

NEFL - Gabby & V3

SWFL Eagles - Trisha Needleman  · 10/3/23...4:58.    ... Courtesy of Dick Pritchett Eagle Cam...Serious meeting of the little birds who live on the pasture.  They all got together to discuss F-23 and thinking if they should make her a welcoming celebration.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #9968 on: October 09, 2023, 11:08:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

What is usually closed on Columbus Day?
Make sure to check with local businesses for their operating hours.  Since it's a government holiday, government buildings will be closed – think the DMV, libraries, courts and offices, Post Office.

We had a high of 66 yesterday and partly cloudy.  Today only expecting 61 and mostly sunny and a low of 37.  Rain in forecast for Wed thru Sat.

Flash back for LeAnn Rimes...
LeAnn was a child star with her first hit of "Blues" at the age of 13.
This is LeAnn at 15...
LeAnn Rimes - Cowboy Sweetheart   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G17z9DjjEOA
LeAnn at 17
"Big Deal" & "I Wanna Be A Cowboy's Sweetheart"   -    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y83QUuhPT58
LeAnn from this summer... now 41
"How Do I Live Without You"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ur9Vqu0mgk

Some left overs from Caturday...  ::)

We Will Rock You   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0FjBD78nRo
You Don't Own Me - Parody Song sung by CATS! 😸   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xfcMG_lbw
How We Accidentally Adopted 6 Black and White Cats   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPKN7FAOVsU

This an AI generated video - not a real product...
I asked AI to make a coffee commercial for cats   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwVx_Ynnq2c

The sound of rain, a swing, and Maru.   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ADwMhmvDWg

PS - had a great grilled hamburgers and sides and desserts to celebrate step-sons birthday on Sat. but the cards did not favor my team - lost 2 games by wide margins... ::)
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9969 on: October 09, 2023, 11:49:03 AM »

These beautiful new dens and gated areas that were created this early summer for each bear to have it's own territory.
Now, Tasha doesn't have to worry about Holly stealing her winter den every fall.  ;D

Read more about the Center bears and how they create their dens, and other great information.
This website is separate from the Bearstudy news regarding Shadow's clan.  :)

Bear News – September 30, 2023
Jack-o’-lantern fun, Holly still digging, Lucky’s biscuit and Tasha’s roundness.

https://bear.org/bear-news-september-30-2023/

Tasha  :-*

Bear News – October 7, 2023
Edgar (the raven) supervises, Lucky rakes and Tasha watches.

Bear Weights:

Lucky 491 lbs. • Holly 313 lbs. • Tasha 387 lbs.

https://bear.org/bear-news-october-7-2023/

Holly  :-*

Lucky's big yawn

Morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Oldguy, Sounds like the cards weren't with you, but a great time celebrating your stepson's birthday. Many belated birthday wishes are sent to him.... thanks for the memories of the young LeAnn Rimes! Loved her yodeling! Great Caturday videos "We Will Rock you!"  ;D.... Fall has arrived for Maru  :)

Hi Eagles, Puff  ;D

Tsk, Take care while working outside and walking. I'll be bringing a couple of potted plants indoors.

Tig, Oldguy thanks for the reminder this is Indigenous Peoples' Day  :)

Clynn, beautiful Fall morning pics.... The munchkins look wonderful! Miss Bella is becoming more independent and finding her own way. The Coleus plant on the patio is gorgeous! Will you bring it in for the winter? ... I didn't realize Talon was 1 when Erin and Sydney started dating. That's wonderful, they have a deep bond.... love the Welcome Wagon Committee at SWFL nest!  ;D

Baz, Having no grandchildren of my own, I can only imagine what Lil Bro and your twin nieces/nephews would make of the FLARP! I'd love to see Lil Bro's face! LOL!  ;D ... KC Chief Mahomes said Kelce is battling through the injury and knew he would play through the pain. He also said, He tended to stay away from the big Tight End because he's " a mean guy" when he's hurting.  ;D ... We've hooked my wireless printer up to Mike's computer. So, I'm his "FedEx" girl till we can get the printer fixed or buy another. It's a Canon with the large ink tanks.... Take care with your walking program.

Kb, gorgeous Goshawk..... you lost me when you wrote "amazon delivered a package to my south neighbor, so I ventured out in the dark at midnight with flashlight and retrieved without issue." I thought why would you go out in the middle of the night to pick up your neighbor's package. Unless they were out of town. I had to read another post before I found out it was your package. LOL!  ;D... our postman doesn't take pics of the Amazon packages they deliver or leave in our community mailbox. I have to check the tracking ID on my Amazon order. ... FEDEX and Walmart are the only delivery service that take pics of the package left at residences.... you do have strange neighbors. I would have called the police on the car.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #9970 on: October 09, 2023, 11:53:20 AM »

Only 63 at 10,  nice little warm up tomorrow. 
Tig, every thing I have read is the same as what you have posted!   I would feel a lot safer if folks would get vaccinated to stem the tide of another epidemic!  Since this is a new strain of covid, like the flu is every year, previous vaccinations will not protect you.  Only saying what I have read and all of us will do as we please!
Hha not coming today! Do not know when I will see her again!   She is the one who has the ill mother!  They said they would try to get someone and I said, never mind!   I have a load of laundry in, made a big breakfast for lunch, showered and washed my hair, and will see what I have to order in and what I want to save for tomorrow.   Biggest issue will be rolling an overfilled garbage can to the curb and getting back in without falling!  My friend across the street is out of town.
Was happy about the Saints, and da Bears!   Follow 4 teams, those and  the Packers and Washington!   And, the poor Cubbies!
Going to clean the kitchen. 
Clynn,  Bella will figure out how to fit into the world and do it with long hair in a room full of bobs!  Time flies when you get ikder!

Have a good day!

kbshcb

« Reply #9971 on: October 09, 2023, 12:14:19 PM »

Lani - sorry for the confusion. But, I guess I assumed people wouldn't think I'd steal somebody else's package...in fact, i was worried my package would be stolen from his porch..

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9972 on: October 09, 2023, 12:27:13 PM »

Lani - sorry for the confusion. But, I guess I assumed people wouldn't think I'd steal somebody else's package...in fact, i was worried my package would be stolen from his porch..

LOL KB, no problem. I thought I missed the part where you were helping a neighbor or it was your package. So I went back through your posts. Amazon doesn't deliver our packages to our door, the USP mail delivers to our door or community box. Twice this year my package went to the wrong mailbox. I had to wait a weeks to receive my item. Because sometimes the mail woman puts it in a mailbox where the homeowner is a part time residence. Never to be checked again until homeowner returns. Tracking the ID is the only way I know package was delivered. But they just say packaged delivered and left in mailbox. They assume it's your mailbox, but it's not. And there are 40 mailboxes at one Community mailbox.  :(
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 12:29:19 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #9973 on: October 09, 2023, 12:31:25 PM »

CLynn Time does 'fly' ...nice Munchkin snaps as always, Talon w/Flarp, so that's what it looks like. Never heard of it before you mentioned.  Bella still is cute and photogenic even with her mussed hair-do.
very nice looking church in the  Tatra Mountains of Poland ; nice little snap of Red Bellied Woodpecker. Tks for photo update NEFL - Gabby & V3 and  Trisha's SWFL Eagles  snap via  Dick Pritchett Eagle Cam cute caption too

Tig tks for link to the UK article on Native Americans/Columbus myths; Indeed one sifts through all the facts and decides for oneself -

KB don't blame you...fuel fumes are one of the worst forms of air pollution and a real health issue. I get those delivery alerts for my Amazon orders.
Really appreciated their delivery photos.

Tsk  :)

E4E pretty Autumn greeting; got a tenderloin calling for a Saturday dinner on the grill  :)

Old Guy too bad about the card game. But, yummy  dinner for your step-son's birthday, sounds like y'all had loads of fun; Indigenous Peoples'  Day reminder  ;)  Tks for links will check out later

Karen  :)

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9974 on: October 09, 2023, 12:40:15 PM »

CLYNN   That pic of all the birds in the SWFL tree is so funny as is the caption.

OLDGUY   WOW  Black and white kitten story...  Good editing in " We Will Rock You"  ;D   You win more games than you lose overall. ;) ;)  LeAnn's volce has gotten deeper over the years.  Didn't think too much about the AI coffee commercial  ::)   

LANI   You're Mike's "FedEx girl"  LOLOL  Our Amazon deliverers always take a porch pic and notify my computer it has been delivered. But I see now that you procedure is different in the HOA.  Boy that gets tricky when put in another mailbox.  What if it is too big to fit in the box?   That Lucky is one big boy!!

KAREN   Don't you dare do that garbage can with a risk of falling.  Ask another neighbor for this one time. :-* :-*

PHYL  I'm going with photo shopped on the guy with the pumpkins  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 12:42:49 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland