Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471195 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9435 on: September 24, 2023, 08:03:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - I hope you can conquer those pesky mosquitoes. 

tsk - I agree, the map don't always show a true pic.  The yard is still getting a nice gentle rain this morning, again. 

Phyl - Glad to hear that you all are feeling great from the vaccines, hope your arms are less tender this morning.  Thanks for the Nat 365 vid. 

E4E - All good here.  :D

Lani - That is good new about UQ!  Thanks for much for keeping us updated.  Beautiful dinner at sunset pic!

BrokenLug- Well, how cool is that that you got to see Otis, and see him fishing!  Looking forward to seeing your pics when you return.

baz - Glad to hear that you and Zippo made out ok with the storm.  Hope Punkin and Lil Bro's family made out ok, too.  I see this morning that Bradley, and their area still have lots of rain from the storm.  Yes, thank goodness for storm snacks!   ;D

tsk - Pretty morning greeting.

kb - Love the sleeping whale pic. 

clynn and all - Morning  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9436 on: September 24, 2023, 10:34:52 AM »

KB  Beautiful award winning photo.   At least no work outdoors today - enjoy the game  :)

CLYNN   What a thoughtful piece by Lameris .  So true

LISA  Sounds like all are intact with some nice rain in your area  ;)

Out to cut down some spent perennials.  Yesterday the cukes and tomatoes got pulled - I saved the large green tomatoes and will again try some "fried green tomatoes" as well as let them ripen and get frozen for soups etc.  Also found a dozen or so almost ripe
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #9437 on: September 24, 2023, 11:06:57 AM »

tsk - it stopped raining early this morning.

I already blew the leaves off my deck in back to the grass...emptied out an entire full battery of my battery powered blower....There are two seasonal times a year I wish I could start my gas powered back pack Stihl blower...so much more power to blow leaves into a pile and then in the spring as well to fluff up the gunk. It works, it's just a two person job to start it..never did try to clamp it to my deck rails to start. there she sits lonely inside Scott's shop ;)

Rain incoming tonight, all day tomorrow... ;) and yes, I will TRY to enjoy the game...so far Vikes 0-2....no wins.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9438 on: September 24, 2023, 11:13:14 AM »

Royal Albatross ~ Say Hello To Beautiful Miss YD21 ♥ She Is Checking Out The Cam! 9.24.23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4S6eNZzQqo

Sep 23, 2023
UQ is still here as of today (Sept 24th) He was seen half way down the hill this morning and received a supplementary feeding by the rangers. He will probably fledge from below the hill when he is ready!! ♥

In the meantime, we have a visit from one of the neighboring chicks - YD21. She is seen at the cam doing some gardening, She is so cute - and still has  bit of down on her neckline. YD21 stands for (Yellow for the female, D for the designation of this season's chicks 2023, and her number 21). I don't know which nest she is from but she may be the chick from Signal Station Flat on the hill. Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, I have at least 20 green heirloom tomatoes on the vines...good idea about saving the tomatoes for soups... enjoy your fried green tomatoes. The last time I had delicious green tomatoes was with my MIL. 

Lisa, I hope all is well with sweet Sydney and your fur babies.  ;D

Clynn, beautiful pic of Iris on her fish pole!  :-* ... small kindnesses  :-*

Kb, stunning pic of mother whale/her calf ... YAY! fall has arrived in your area! I love the smell of wet leaves.... talons crossed for the Vikings!  :)

Phyl, I do not use honey in the bee bait. I followed the DIY instructions that was posted here, sugar/water, also a Rescue wasp trap, and I've caught hornets/wasps not honey bees or bumblebees. We want to remove the bees from the siding on our home before winter. Our pest control man coming in a couple of weeks to make sure they are taken care of. Then we'll remove the siding and make sure the nest is destroyed/ remove it and close it up. Repaint the area.... thank you for nature video, beautiful views.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #9439 on: September 24, 2023, 11:19:21 AM »

Royal Albatross - 9/24 🔔Get your bells ready!

Ringing of the Bells | Return of the Wandering Toroa | DunedinNZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uanfnBN6OPI&t=7s

Not one but two new seasons arrivals touched down at Pukekura on Friday afternoon

GBK Green, Blue, Black on the right is a 20-year-old male & YGK Yellow, Green, Black on the left is a 30-year-old female.
Image credit: Colin Facer.  Thank you.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #9440 on: September 24, 2023, 11:38:59 AM »

60 minutes Facebook
The world's slowest mammal, sloths, have been around for 64 million years. Tomorrow on 60 Minutes, Sharyn Alfonsi travels to Costa Rica to learn how nature’s couch potato has survived.  60Minutes.com

https://www.facebook.com/60minutes/posts/pfbid02kBQqEFjAGVCSUcB7eiEPh3kBE3FN4LcnsBSReAzEMVSyGLywteGFShexG53ovUKml

Toucan Rescue Ranch (TRR)
  ;D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9441 on: September 24, 2023, 11:54:27 AM »

LANI   Isn't YD21 Cute  ;D   I just throw the green tomatoes in a brown paper bag and close it tight - Every couple days I check to see if any have reddened.  That will be a big project with your siding. :(  Thanks for the heads up on 60 Minutes - I will record it.
Chicagoland

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #9442 on: September 24, 2023, 12:05:17 PM »

Nice, clynn!  Cyclones won.  Can the Broncos share the glow?  Fingers crossed.

!:24 into the game, reality slaps me in the face.  Don't worry, I still have hope!!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 12:08:37 PM by eburgbirdwtchr »
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9443 on: September 24, 2023, 12:34:40 PM »

Phyl, I do not use honey in the bee bait. I followed the DIY instructions that was posted here, sugar/water, also a Rescue wasp trap, and I've caught hornets/wasps not honey bees or bumblebees. We want to remove the bees from the siding on our home before winter. Our pest control man coming in a couple of weeks to make sure they are taken care of. Then we'll remove the siding and make sure the nest is destroyed/ remove it and close it up. Repaint the area.... thank you for nature video, beautiful views.

Do you have Carpenter Bees? !?

They are pollinators, too. But, not as vital to the life of the planet and it's food sources
In view of that---can certainly understand. Didn't realize they were living in the wood frame of your house. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpenter_bee

« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 12:36:41 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

« Reply #9444 on: September 24, 2023, 12:50:10 PM »

Phyl, no, I have hornets

« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 12:53:25 PM by Lani »

LisaG1967

« Reply #9445 on: September 24, 2023, 12:50:24 PM »

Afternoon eburg and Phyl  :)

tsk - I love fried green tomatoes.  Do you coat yours with yellow cornmeal?  The rain stopped for a lil while, but I just went out to the gas station to fill-up Jeff's car for the week, and it started raining again on the way back.

kb - Good luck to your Vikes today!

Lani - Thanks so much for the TRR and Royal updates!  Awww, YD21 is adorable.  Checked on Sydney earlier, and she was getting a diaper change, and M&B are good.  Thanks for asking.  :)

Lani

« Reply #9446 on: September 24, 2023, 12:55:35 PM »

Lisa, glad to hear all is well  :-*

Phyl

« Reply #9447 on: September 24, 2023, 01:25:40 PM »

Phyl, no, I have hornets

I know that. I know what they look like. Tks.

But...You mention 'bees'  underneath your house's siding and that some get in the hornet trap. But you say these aren't honey or bumble bees.
Just trying to understand.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9448 on: September 24, 2023, 02:07:46 PM »

KB sweet sleeping whale and calf snap

Tsk luv fried green tomatoes in cornmeal. Mom put thick slices in a brown paper lunch bag with some corn meal and shake it up.
            Fry in a iron skillet 'till just right ---crispy. Like in the movie.  ;)
            With those 'cuke', gonna make pickles?

CLynn very seasonal AM greeting today. Really enjoyed the tribute  'Iris'  by Susan Dimitrakopoulos  · Hellgate Osprey Cam "Until next year, Iris ..."

Lani tks for the Royal update and news on UQ  and Miss YD21. Enjoyed the videos

Got an email from Microsoft about the latests updates to Win 11 on Sept 26th via auto install update--lots of conversion to AI whether one like's it or not.  Having more than 150 features ... ::)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 02:10:03 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9449 on: September 24, 2023, 03:49:53 PM »

Biggest 4th quarter comeback for the Packers in their history!  What a hustle.  I think Detroit won again

LISA   I'd have to look up a recipe but if you have one to share I would love it.  I do have cornmeal in the pantry!

PHYL   I do not have an iron skillet any more.  So no egg dip before the cornmeal?  I'd need to use oil?
Chicagoland