Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 535705 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9465 on: September 25, 2023, 07:13:21 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Monday !   

Currently 77F  cloudy  High  84F partly sunny,  Low 61F  clear skies.

Old Guy really enjoyed Lesley, always do . Thanks for  all the links and the tunes  ...'The Who' and Paul Simon ;)

Bazi glad everyone in  your family is well; enjoyed snaps of everyone on the beach

E4E  :)

KB  in deed a brave little dog;  lota rain for you  :)

Lani thanks for Royals update and  according to that --- congrats UQ  chick has fledged

Prayers for:   Lahaina   Maui, HI and Morocco  ; All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere and Successful recovery from  Hurricanes  Idalia  & Hilary; Tropical  Storm  Ophelia ; The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 07:41:12 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9466 on: September 25, 2023, 07:17:43 AM »

From my Pinterest Board:  "Kitchen"
And, because looking at different recipes can be fun...

Asparagus, olives & sundried tomatoes loaf

http://sensesinthekitchen-karolina.blogspot.com/2011/05/asparagus-olives-sundried-tomatoes-loaf.html
or... https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813884963927165102/

« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 07:34:48 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9467 on: September 25, 2023, 07:26:32 AM »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 07:30:35 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9468 on: September 25, 2023, 07:31:40 AM »

HI EVERYONE

LISA  Thanks - I thought it might go something like that.

LANI   Nice piece on sloths and TRR  Very cool that we already know something about that topic  ;D   What I learned was the facial features of the two different kinds of sloths.  Like the smiling one  LOL   Godspeed UQ  :-*

BAZI   thanks for those precious pics the kids will have to look at in later years.  Growing so fast now.  Love the one with Sis and niece and Punkin.  :)

EAGLES  That mattrress was for Tim - He's loving it..

OLDGUY  Cute piece on the jays and filberts  :)   Those are some really spoiled cats  TT and Lulu.  Wonder how many assistants Claire has on these trips

KB   That puli has a big job herding that guy  :o :o

PHYL   Like the fall arrangement.  Doesn't look too hard to do
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #9469 on: September 25, 2023, 07:32:22 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

baz - Great pics from the beach trip that the Greats went on.  I am glad that you are safe from the storm, too!

karen
- I should have added that to my post to tsk, yes I flip once, probably several times to get that crispy crust on the fried green tomatoes.

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  Aww, UQ has fledged, happy but sad, too. My ex-MIL used a mixture of white & yellow cornmeal with a bit of cornstarch added in for extra crunch when frying things. 

E4E - I fill up for Jeff, cause he claims he doesn't know how to use the Safeway gas rewards at the pump.   ::) 

kb - Yep, looks brave to me too!

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.

Phyl - Saving the Asparagus, olives & sundried tomatoes loaf recipe.  Looks so yummy. Thanks for Nat 365.

Puff

« Reply #9470 on: September 25, 2023, 07:42:56 AM »

Pouring right now tsk.  Watching TV Fox weather said front was going to hit/hitting NE and SE.  Yep falling enough here that the system did an auto shut off.  I should have gone out earlier for the paper.   :-\

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #9471 on: September 25, 2023, 07:55:14 AM »

Love & miss ya Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BrokenLug,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyliz, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9472 on: September 25, 2023, 08:16:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

kb, that fierce little dog has dreadlocks!

Lani, sweet beagle sleeping with his beagle buddy...  So UQ has fledged! Wish there was a video! And still several chicks remaining but no cams I would guess. The sloth segment on 60 minutes was very interesting, I hate that climate change is affecting them...

If anyone wanted to see the sloth segment and missed it, here is a link:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sloths-survival-worlds-slowest-mammal-60-minutes-transcript/

Phyl, lovely  apple bouquet! Very interesting Nature 365, haunting video. I guess the Big Daddy moose scared the interloper away?  The bread is pretty, I'm just not an olive eater...

Lisa, there are so many beautiful Autumn good morning pictures! Jeff's excuse for getting you to fill up his car sounds a bit like my 'I don't know how to turn the gas grill on' excuse. Ed does manage to use the Sam's card to get gas, but I think that is because we have a Sam's credit card, so you only have to use the one card at the pump.

tsk, it's amazing how Claire is evolving, remember when she never showed her face and all went on in her apartment? Now she is in full view, has moved and travels. She is making good money on her youtube videos! So Tim, is sleeping well on the new mattress, a good thing...

oldguy, love the Lesley video, love the Blue Jays. I keep peanuts on hand for them all year, love the way they snatch and run!

baz, great pics of the family, hard to believe how the kids are growing!

Lori, beautiful Fall pics, and yummy cinnamon rolls with the Kitty coffee!

SWFL - Photo by MLiz - M15 and Lady E working on the nest ♥️🦅

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #9473 on: September 25, 2023, 08:50:00 AM »

Clynn - all Puli's have natural occurring dreds..
Their ancestors are from the Hungarian vast plains and one of the best herders. This corded coat helps them survive the brutal winters and they are fearless little dogs..
They almost always are on the dog breeding competition shows.

Just googling, here is just one article of many from the american kennel club.
https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/puli/

Just finished putting my pork butt in the slow cooker for some carnitas later...haven't made it in awhile so had to do some substitutions...we shall see...just garlic powder over real garlic cloves and frozen orange juice over fresh squeezed..shouldn't make a real difference

But, but the butcher convinced me to try chipotle adobe jalapenos in a can over fresh jalapeno so that should be interesting. ;)

I hate to see the boulevard across the street all marked up and a few other streets with trucks and diggers and what looks like fiber optic line.....AT and T did that a few years back on my side and cut a hole in my gas line requiring the 12 hours of -re digging up my own line.....they thread line through our gas lines without cameras....idiots.
Hopefully they won't make any mistakes this time.
BTW as a result I lost my city tree in front of my gardens and 2 of my 3 goatsbeard got fried without the dappled shade....argg.

kbshcb

« Reply #9474 on: September 25, 2023, 09:40:16 AM »

LOL so within 15 minutes of the working a block away they cut a gas line....or remote possibility found one.
When I went out to take Ollie for a walk we saw our firetruck headed in the opposite direction as us down the street.
Sure enough, when I return towards home, centerpoint and people are all watching the issue....
This is AT and T who this time subcontracted with EPS to run the line.
Geesh.
They outsource our public utilities (gas lines ) to private companies usage.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9475 on: September 25, 2023, 10:33:19 AM »

Royal Albatross ~ UQ HAS FLEDGED! 💗 Safe Travels To The Last Of The Fab Four Chicks! 9.25.23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_ZTucKLJs

Sep 24, 2023
UQ has fledged! 💕🐥 He sure picked a special day to take flight with the ringing of the bells today on Sept 25th! Godspeed UQ - the last of the fab four chicks to take flight! Enjoy some of the last coverage I got of UQ before he went down the hill and out of cam view on Sept 23rd. 

From Ranger Sharyn: "UQ (Upper Quarry) chick has fledged this morning! There are some good breezes today and he was supplementary fed yesterday. He is now 237 days old and has been looking in good condition for fledging. There are still 9 chicks as we (DOC rangers) picked up one from the Aramoana Salt Marsh over the weekend. This chick took the long way back around the harbour to the headland but was safely picked up!
The cam will stay in this location until after egg laying in November. We may see new arrivals coming to this location over the next several weeks." Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

I took quite a few pics of UQ on his last day on the cam. I took more pics of him than I did of Manaaki  ;D  I'm happy Lady Hawk made a video of his last day too!  :-*

UQ his last day on the cam 9-23-2023  9:04 am  :-* My favorite pics are those of him looking out towards the Otago Harbor waters on the right is the South Pacific Ocean.

4 chicks Manaaki on the left sitting on his nest, UQ, NTF coming from right, followed by Q (Quarry) chick.

This is one of my favorite videos  ;D
Sept 9th morning.
It's the weekend, time to catch up with the neighbor...or maybe not.

Manaaki (r) Q chick (l), and UQ chick watching from the sideline.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1700471777733054773

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 10:55:46 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9476 on: September 25, 2023, 10:41:02 AM »

Terry Kirkman, Founding Member of the Association, Dead at 83 Rest in Peace
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/terry-kirkman-founding-member-association-003658627.html

Association Cherish 1966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD94tZgPuvc
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #9477 on: September 25, 2023, 11:16:41 AM »

This afternoon, I did a little looking at the National Hurricane Center info, and used maps info, to find that the center of Tropical Storm Ophelia apparently made landfall just about 11 miles down, on the very same barrier island, from where my sister, and her daughter and SIL, and their LGN and Baby Bro, were sitting and walking by the Atlantic Ocean, in the attached beach pictures, a few days before the storm hit. They were staying at a friend's home on that same barrier island, on the sound side. That house is less than a mile from the beach side pictures below. My LGN and her Baby Bro and their parents left and drove home on Wednesday, before the Saturday early morning (6:15am) Ophelia landfall. And my sister left there to go home on Thursday night, before the storm started moving into the area the next morning, on Friday. Actual official landfall of the center of Ophelia was on Saturday morning, about 6:15am.

Baz I think you dodged a little bullet from TS Ophelia.
It was heading right for you when it made a "last minute" jog due North and made land fall on Emerald Isle, NC.
Good smart call that all of your family bugged out from that barrier island in advance.   8)

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2023/OPHELIA_graphics.php?product=current_wind

Here are some images of what the NHC calls the "Preliminary Best Track".
Sometimes on post data analysis they tweak some things and it then becomes the "Final Best Track".
Pink circles are Tropical Storm force winds (39 mph - 73 mph).
She made landfall as a 70 mph TS just shy of a Cat 1.
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9478 on: September 25, 2023, 01:05:05 PM »

Baz, Oh my gosh, glad to hear your family were able to return home before the storm hit. I'm sorry their vacation was cut short though.... Beautiful family pics.  ;D

We had the football game on too....  I'm so glad you watched 60 minutes too! I got a little teary watching. Kudos to Lucy Cook and TRR for the research, care and rehabilitation of the Sloths. TRR has never shown the electrical burns these beautiful creatures suffer with and how they are treated online. To see them tending to their injuries was so heartbreaking. Thanks to 60 minutes for helping the world become aware of these beautiful endangered creatures.  :-* ....

Lani, I really enjoyed the sloth segment on "60 Minutes" last night!! I was so taken with Lucy Cook, the researcher! I would like to read her new book, titled, really!, "Bitch." LOL! I enjoyed hearing her talk about that book describing the results of studies and research about the female side of much of the animal kingdom, which has infortunately too often, in the past, been very mis-represented as being "less than," so to speak. She gave a couple of examples in the show last night, and I was loving listening to what she said. Very interesting!! I saw that clip they showed, too, of her apparently giving a TED Talk (I'm just guessing that's what it was), so I might have to look up her TED Talk video, if she's given one, to watch it sometime. I really loved seeing their video footage and info about Leslie and the TRR!!!  :) :-* GREAT info given about the TRR organization and their caregivers and vet and medical care partners!  :-* :-* The sloths were all so cute, too, and I loved seeing them do that one sloth release, too.  :-*  I also saw Annabelle, the Toucan! Wonderful segment! It will be available to view online in a few more days, I'm sure, for those who missed it. Wonderful segment!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #9479 on: September 25, 2023, 01:10:36 PM »

tsk - Let me know how the tomatoes turn out for you. 

Puff - Afternoon  :)

Lori - Love the Fall pics, and miss you, too!

clynn - I agree, lots of great Fall pics.  Haha, I use that same grill excuse, so I guess it is a compromise for me getting the gas. 

kb - Your carnitas sounds delish.  Yikes, on the gas line.

Lani - Thanks again for the Royal update.  Did UQ have a tracker or just a band?