Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470444 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9090 on: September 14, 2023, 06:59:59 PM »

Tig - thanks - very cool about Delaware.  Long way from home.  Thanks for explaining how the Lodge and cabins work.  Now I'm clear. ;) ;)  Too bad about all the waiting.

BAZI  Clynn covered it again in her post - Lyrics from Sound of Silence " words of the prophets...     Yes, Tim's skin is so thin and he is on so much blood thinner right now ( for a year after his recent new stent) any scrape or bump will cause bleeding   I'd be washing sheets every day.  I'm an expert at getting blood out of fabric  LOL  We have more bandages in our bathroom than Walgreens!!

KAREN   And following up on Bazi's two cents worth, I read as long as your pee is very, very light ( like lemon juice)  ;) ;)- you are not dehydrated. :-\ ??? ::)

LISA   routine with Bandit?
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #9091 on: September 14, 2023, 07:07:14 PM »

E4E   :-*  Back to you.

karengramke

« Reply #9092 on: September 14, 2023, 08:06:05 PM »

Tsk, I know that about tge pee. Read tge Mayo write up on water after they told me to do this!  I will continue the advice of the cardiologist at least until my appointment in December. My lab work showed signs of dehydration d improved after I began drinking ! (Water, lol)   The science of taking diuretics
And drinking all this water is above my medical degree!   Kidneys are ok and was told no congestive heart failure so, so far so good!  Swelling now almost comlrtrly gone and occurs late in the day!   This is all tmi, I know!  At my age I will keep drinking water!

Lisa, is Bandid okay?

oldguy

« Reply #9093 on: September 14, 2023, 09:10:27 PM »

Happy Anniversary Camper & Tig

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9094 on: September 14, 2023, 10:35:37 PM »

9/15   2 Albatross chicks needed rescuing.

Sharyn Broni Ranger, DOC Kia ora koutou (hello everyone)
Yesterday 2 chicks were on the harbour after a failed fledge attempt. Cont'd below

Manaaki and UQ chick this morning.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1702475781556109633

9/15
A very big thank you to the Rangers and the Rescue team, retrieving the 2 chicks from the harbor, too try again.   https://porttoport.co.nz

Thank you Sharyn for the update and the latest fledging news too. Please click to read the full update.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9095 on: September 14, 2023, 11:29:03 PM »

Jim gets those 'blood spots' too. Itr's  from the AFib meds---blood thinners and old age (thinning skin) don't mix well---skin is so thin it literally tears apart.  :(

Tsk never thought of frying liverwurst---how do you do yours?  So glad it was just the nose pads.; So true on the pee color;

Tig you/Camper are so blessed with seeing the BEs. I'm pea green.  :)

Lori Peppermint Chocolate Cake  for Tig/Camper--it's sinful. LOL

Lani your  ginger kitty knows a good jelly filled when it sees it.  ;)   That's so funny what Mike's doc said about Mike's age  ;D ; tks for Ranger Broni's report on the RA c hick's fledging and videos

Lisa Bandit's vet visit?

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9096 on: September 14, 2023, 11:35:22 PM »

Sending a "Good Evening' with SEDs  to Everyone !
"...tomorrow is another day."

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9097 on: September 14, 2023, 11:41:24 PM »

Tsk, Mike is on blood thinners too. His skin has broken out too, it's hard for him to accept this change. Proud man.... sending prayers you'll feel less sore tomorrow.  :)

Eagles, Mike's stubborn that way. He's leaving for Ohio on Sunday. He'll return next Thursday. I think Manaaki may fledge in the next day or so. I'll miss him.  :(

Lisa, I hope Bandit's appt went well...

Oldguy, my DIY wasp catcher caught a dozen. The Rescue traps came yesterday. I set it out before sunrise while the bees were quiet and I had over 30 maybe in 12 hours, and they're still swarming around it. I watched a couple of videos, so I'm going to put another DIY trap out tomorrow too. I think it's a pretty big nest in the siding.

Good night from Manaaki and UQ chick
It's Friday the 15th and 4:38 pm in New Zealand. I'm afraid he'll be gone by the time it's morning here in AZ.

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Morocco

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #9098 on: September 15, 2023, 12:07:37 AM »

Good stuff. 
Lee is going to make me be glad we packed some winter mummies up in Latitude.   ;D

Some Canada fresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb-qkz5R3pM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hUzm6fFm5E&list=RDEM8WrQN1PrATUXEUxsmE1pTg&start_radio=1&rv=jwDpPaz3374

-  so today just boot after the other one -
This place I have not been to in a very long time.
Thank you for bringing me back here.   :-*

Todd's ashes spread with the utmost respect.

So the late got with the dusk.

We parked our nylon.

This is somewhere you'll never go again, ever, that place is so cool
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 01:20:47 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #9099 on: September 15, 2023, 06:52:42 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...TGIF !     

Currently 60F;   High  85F sunny,  Low 60F  clear skies.

BL tks. for head 's up on the weather. No missteps you t wo. And, tks for the links. Todd's ashes---a sober moment. Tunes  ;)

OG Nice greeting with the card/Camper-Tig;  decadent cake

Lani maybe Manaaki and UQ chick will wait for morning

Prayers for:Lahaina and Kaanapali,  Maui, HI and Morocco  ;All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;My  alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee and Successful recovery from  Hurricanes  Idalia  & Hilary;

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9100 on: September 15, 2023, 06:58:04 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway  says 'Good Morning' !

Guess what's on the lens...

Sep 15, 2023 6:54 AM
Camera Time: Sep 15, 2023 6:54 AM CDT
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 07:01:26 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9101 on: September 15, 2023, 06:58:51 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9102 on: September 15, 2023, 07:00:58 AM »

"Rows of Colorful Drinks Expertly Mixed || ViralHog" on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WCZnfAbPK-A

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9103 on: September 15, 2023, 07:15:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

BL, getting cooler is it? Some good Robert Plant and Alison Krauss listening! I am thinking Todd was a good friend...

Lani, oh no, two failed fledge attempts. So glad to hear that they got Manaaki and friend back to the launch pad! I just checked the Royal Cam, it's dark (17 hours ahead of CST) but I think maybe I see a head where Manaaki always sleeps/sits... So Mike is back to Ohio on Sunday. I hope you are rid of those wasps soon! Sounds like you are making progress! I remember my Great Great Aunt and Uncle had a bee's nest in the back corner of the eaves of their house. They always warned us kids not to go back there. They never did anything about it, just stayed away.

Lisa, hope just a routine visit to the vet for Bandit! 

tsk, thanks for the clarification, I am not in the least dehydrated! I am very light, so I will continue with my tea (and maybe try to get in a glass or two of water each day!)  My Mom gets those spots, she is on blood thinner too. And almost 89!

Girl's Trip coming up! Cathy (sis) is the one in Texas whose DH fell and broke his hip on their first day of vacation last month. Her daughter (my niece) wanted all of us to come for Cathy's birthday, Oct 21st. Becky and Jennifer (sis in Oregon) have this all planned, see if you can follow: B&J are driving to Mom's sometime near the end of September, they will stay a week or so at Mom's, then drive back to Oregon with Mom. They will stay a week of so there, then all 3 fly to Dallas on 10/18. I will also fly on the 18th, I am the surprise! Cat already knows the others are coming... Celia wants to do this for her Mom, she has been kind of down since their failed vacation and her husband's fall. Celia said she feels like a nurse maid... so we are going to cheer her up. We will all head back to our homes on 10/24 so it will be a good visit.

Phyl, 80 for today, 57 right now. Another beautiful day! Elaine is very happy! Is that a bug on the lens or something worse? Another pretty sunrise! Such a good spot for the cam! OMGoodness, that drink video, amazing! Great list of happy songs! Walking on Sunshine, definitely #1! I love the 59th Street Bridge Song! And Louis' Wonderful World!  Sugar, Sugar! https://www.bing.com/videos/search?&pglt=41&q=youtube+sugar+sugar+song&cvid=bd9f20e50c5041fea37b3af2951ff411&aqs=edge.0.0l5.15185j0j1&pc=U531&ru=%2fsearch%3fpglt%3d41%26q%3dyoutube%2bsugar%2bsugar%2bsong%26cvid%3dbd9f20e50c5041fea37b3af2951ff411%26aqs%3dedge.0.0l5.15185j0j1%26FORM%3dANNTA1%26PC%3dU531&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=6EBBBB0FF89C94089BD96EBBBB0FF89C94089BD9&FORM=VDRVRV&ajaxhist=0

Wild Heart Ranch

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9104 on: September 15, 2023, 07:27:31 AM »

KAREN  You are doing great!!!  Nothing makes a doctor happier than a compliant patient  ;) ;)

LANI   Nice hovering by UG I presume.  Rangers sure keep a close eye on their charges. :o

PHYL  I like to briefly fry or warm in the microwave the liver sausage cuz then it is spreadable - on toasted muffin or bread or the like with mayo, mustard and a slice of tomato  ;D   Love Elaine  ;D    Burning sun on the Flyway this AM  :)  Could be anything on the lens???  I'd start with bird poop?   Lots of songs on the Happy List are on mine too  ;)

LANI  Yes today is a much better day for the muscle aches altho I may still have to go back for glasses adjustment as I still keep pushing them up on my nose  LOL    Happy to hear your wasp catchers are working!!

CLYNN   What a wonderful surprise trip coming up - Just what the doctor ordered and a nice "out of the box" fun time for you all.  Sure glad Becky and Jennifer like driving  :o :o
Chicagoland