Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470800 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8340 on: August 22, 2023, 06:00:30 AM »

Made especially for you ((Lani)) :-*, the Halekulani coconut cake aka Haupia cake is made out of three layers of light airy sponge cake and two layers of coconut pastry cream with a hint of amaretto, (made extra light with whipped cream). It's frosted with more whipped cream and coconut flakes all over.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 08:23:52 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8341 on: August 22, 2023, 06:28:14 AM »

Currently 75F  fog  High  98F  mostly sunny,  Low 74F  clear skies.  i]     

{{{ Lahaina, Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's
{{{For all in Hilary's path and successful recovery}}} 🙏 's

BL- Yikes!

E4E-glad the doc appt went well

KB-cute little video
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #8342 on: August 22, 2023, 06:33:51 AM »

Happy Anniversary Lani and Mike!

It's the Ollie man ears...just like in the video....here he is at 5 months old.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8343 on: August 22, 2023, 06:34:52 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Good day with the Munchkins! They both had their 'Meet the Teachers Night' at school last evening!

Lani, I looked up Siamese cat rescue (Seal Point is a coloring of Siamese cats) and there aren't any in Iowa, then I searched for Siamese cats for adoption and a lot of cats were labeled as Siamese but were not!  Max and Emma (my beloved Seal Point and Chocolate Point littermates) were from a small hometown breeder about 30 miles from here, Ed was searching the newspaper for Siamese and came across them. No computer back then in 2000! Very interesting about the elk and their antlers, always love hearing about your spotting of them in the woods! Sword fighting hummingbirds, a very good description! They are very territorial at the feeders, as are a lot of birds!

BL, oh my! Glad you were only rattled!

E4E, yes, a good day with the Munchkins! Bella loves washing those tomatoes! That is what she was doing at the sink!

Phyl, I noticed the little ditty song in your post but it didn't earworm me! I do get earworms often, and often songs I don't know all the words to so the song gets stuck over and over at the same spot. That was a wonderful Publix commercial...  Thanks for the French Toast recipe, it sounds yummy!

tsk, I am betting your butterfly recovered and flew !  I cannot see you in ruffles either, but you might have had some when you were a baby!

Lori, what a beautiful cake for Lani & Mike!

oldguy, what a mess in Palm Springs, I cannot imagine getting all of that mud! Will watch the rest of the videos later this morning, thanks for all the entertainment you give us!

Caswell Beach NC Turtle Watch

https://caswellturtlewatch.org/july-30-2023-nest-4-boil-nest-86/    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqVKsaHy0Wg

No words necessary.
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #8344 on: August 22, 2023, 06:37:31 AM »

for Lani and Mike...

...wishing you a lovely day of celebration with family and friends.
Much happiness always!

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8345 on: August 22, 2023, 06:47:51 AM »

Happy, Happy Anniversary Mike & Lani!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #8346 on: August 22, 2023, 06:56:43 AM »

CLynn- yep! Bella washing tomatoes ...a fun day for all.  Thank you for the comment on the Publix commercial. They made it extra special for blended
                families. I couldn't help it... I cried at the end when she finally calls him 'Dad".
              LOL  I get earworms ,too. Frequently... And, I love feeding them, too! LOL
              Nope! No words needed on that sandwich.

Lori- scrumptious 'wedding cake' for Lani/Mike.  Hope all is well.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 07:15:31 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8347 on: August 22, 2023, 06:59:57 AM »

Lost the post and starting over..Sigh 

69 heading to 87  DP 68  Humidity 94%.  Tomorrow is the big heat warning day. :o

KB   Ollie DID look just like that mop riding pup  LOL  That was a might fast ramp build.  :o

EAGLES  Good appt  ;)

BL   Nice shot of the rattler. :o

LANI   Beautiful good night photo.  Yes Tim got to his destination - however his duffle remained on the bed.  ::) ::) ::)He was not a happy camper.  " how in the heck did I do that"?   And to know him he takes forever to load up his car and is very deliberate  LOL  I usually ask him questions - " Did you bring your pills, phone charger etc...

LORI  Hope you have arranged for all of us to have a piece of the Anniversary cake ?  :-*

CLYNN   Bella is a real helper  ;)   Per my baby book - never had ruffles  ;D    Turtle watch is quite a project.  Best summer meal ever  ;D

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LANI AND MIKE

« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 07:02:00 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #8348 on: August 22, 2023, 07:01:28 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8349 on: August 22, 2023, 07:46:15 AM »

bounce
Happy Anniversary Lani and Mike!!!
Yes, the pour went well. Final clean up today... but he still needs to drill a hole for the fence gate post in a few days.
That would be Camper's sammy. I do not toast my bread for BLT.  ::)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #8350 on: August 22, 2023, 08:05:04 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning tig   :)

Phyl - Yep, that saying on your sign in the morning greeting is an earworm.  Sheldon, on The Big bang Theory use to sing it all the time.  ;D  Thanks for the links on Hawaii.

E4E - Glad to hear that your appointment went well.

BrokenLug - Yikes!

Lori - Yes, please....I will have a piece of that cke for Lani & Mike.  :D

kb - Adorable pic of Ollie.

clynn - I made BLT's for dinner last night.  We had not had bacon in so long, we both said, OMG this is so salty.  ;D  Cute pic of the munchkins.  Hope they had a great night at Meet the Teacher Night.

tsk - Yummy looking breakfast in your greeting.  Aww, sorry to hear that Tim left his duffle at home. 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Lani & Mike!!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8351 on: August 22, 2023, 08:57:45 AM »

Happy Anniversary Lani & Mike!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8352 on: August 22, 2023, 11:19:15 AM »

PHYL   Never knew that about Hawaii's history of annexation.

TIG  yay on the pour.  Must be toasted  LOL  Even if just lightly.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8353 on: August 22, 2023, 11:26:55 AM »

bounce
Happy Anniversary Lani and Mike!!!
Yes, the pour went well. Final clean up today... but he still needs to drill a hole for the fence gate post in a few days.
That would be Camper's sammy. I do not toast my bread for BLT.  ::)

Bounce! Tig  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8354 on: August 22, 2023, 11:28:49 AM »

Brooks Fall Bears cam ;D
"You talking about me?!" "Nah, I'm not talking about you!"

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Lisa, Eagles}}} Thank you  :-*

{{{Tig}}}  :-*

Tsk, oh no! What's Tim going to do without his duffle bag? I have a checklist for Mike too, especially when he leaves on long trips. He's leaving for a 9 day working trip to Texas tomorrow night. They are moving their Austin plant south towards Houston. Deadline is Sept 1st. He's been on the phone/laptop constantly in preparation for this move.... I'll be glad when it's done. He's been grumpy for a few days. I hope Tim can enjoy his trip inspite of a couple of glitches. How is Tom?

Phyl, thank you for anniversary wishes.   ;D. Thank you for posting about Hawaii statehood. I will always remember the endless days of fireworks and celebration! Though now as an adult I can look back at what lead to our statehood, and understand the pros and cons against it. The anger expressed at the overthrow of our last Queen. Even now, after Lahaina fires I'm not happy about learning that Larry Ellison owns 98% of Lanai, 98% of Lanai!!! Zuckerberg owns 1600 acres of Kauai and continues to buy more land from descendants, Oprah owns over 500 on the Lahaina side of Maui and looking for more, Bezos also owns 100+ acres on Maui and wants more... no words can express my anger and hurt at it all right now. So I keep my own counsel and will say no more.  EDITED: I should add the island of Niihau is privately owned by the Robinson family since the 1800s "Elizabeth McHutchison Sinclair (1800–1892) purchased Niʻihau and parts of Kauaʻi from Kamehameha V in 1864 for US$10,000 (equivalent to about $190,000 in 2022) in gold."     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau

Clynn, OOPS, I googled Seal Point cat rescue in Iowa! Sorry I didn't look up Siamese.  https://www.catsnow.com/sealpointiowa.htm. Thanks for correction.... The munchkins look great! #3 pic of sweet Miss Bella looks like her mom. Great heartwarming smile from Talon! I hope they both have a great school year.  :-* ... Turtle watch  :-* ..."yummy bacon sandwich!!"  that's what I'm making Mike for lunch today! ... thank you for anniversary wishes! It's been 53 years!

Kb, I love Ollie man's ears and he grew into them didn't he! Thank you for anniversary wishes ;D :-*

{{{Lori}}} Thank you for the Aloha and the Haupia cake with amaretto (my fab) has my mouth drooling with anticipation!  ;D :-* YUM YUM YUM!!!

BL ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 11:48:57 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander