Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470706 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7860 on: August 07, 2023, 09:13:45 AM »

I love this...for much of my life it was safe enough to walk alone in the woods or lengthy neighborhood walks where I grew up....I noticed this experience of "losing oneself"...and always tried into my adult life to walk long enough until this experience happened.

It's no longer safe imho to walk alone on trails etc. like I did when younger....but, walking with my brother, with Scott and Chris etc...I did achieve this experience as it wasn't often accompanied by small talk.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7861 on: August 07, 2023, 09:32:16 AM »

High of 70 here today

Phyl - Your BBs are doing so beautifully!  Amazing story with Jim's Mom and it had a happy ending - thank you for sharing this story.

LisaG - Yes, such a pretty full head of hair!!  So happy you & Jeff had a wonderful visit with your Granddaughter - how precious!! :-*  I get scared for you every time you have to drive over that bridge, and I didn't realize it is such a long drive to go over it. :o
So happy you got to cuddle with the kitties too!!  Good for Bradley in having 4 weeks of PTO saved up! When I was working, 4 weeks was the max you could save up, after that, it was use it or lose it (or you could cash out some days/hours)!

Clynn - Thank you for sharing such a darling pic of Lisa, Sydney, & Bradley. :) :-*   Love all the rest of the pictures - thanks so much for posting!!!   Wow, that Cactus pic is something else!  :o ::)

Hi Karen  :)

Puff - Thank you for the update - sure scared plenty of folks I'm sure.   Okay, just read that you spoke with John and such a great thing to post the info in case of any future emergency. 

Lani - So glad your Washing machine is repaired and I bet you enjoyed doing the laundry!  Thank you for posting the link to report an emergency (due to the Decorah incident).

Kb - Gorgeous pic of that beautiful Park area nearby - lucky you for having so much history of walking and being there!   Love the loon & duck pic too!!

Tsk - Yum - like your morning image!

Beakers have a great day  :)

karengramke

« Reply #7862 on: August 07, 2023, 09:46:24 AM »

Third day of an excessive heat advisory!  Very humid.  Thunderstorms late afternoon, early evening but no cooling after they go through!  I will miss this  in January.
Lisa, sounds like Pretty Sydney will be meeting all her family!  Now to remember who is who!

Good pictures of the se kids!  Thanks Clynn.  Also other posts!

Puff, thanks for the news from John!  Sorry for that woman! (((Lani))).
Lani, good news on the washer, Alys car, your visit with Shannon!  Now for the heat!

Good mornng Eagles!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7863 on: August 07, 2023, 12:32:51 PM »

A quick 'Hi' I think we'll be heading on over to the FRist Museum for the Visual Arts. We're under an on going  tornado watch---so will be living on the edge.  Think we'll take the KIA.
Think Maggie will be okay.  :-*  She's sleeping in my chair---the big red cushy high back swivel---the comfortable one.

CLynn, thanks for the nests updates and other news;  Lisa,  Sydney and Stewie/ Lizzie updates  :-*. So glad B and K have some PTO accrued and B's dad will be visiting.

Lani, when I was age 6 a boy in my 1st grade class sucker punched in the pelvis for standing on playground chatting to my friends. It doubled me up and sent me home for a week. The boy got suspended and homework sent home. That was all back them. But the bow left me with ' retro-verted' uterus.  Might as well made me 'sterile'.  It was never worth the surgery and bed rest to have children.    And, that's that.  :(    Besides , I hate being in bed. Barely there long enough to sleep.       All caught up on laundry  ;)

Tsk it is sad to have a closing eagle season. But in a couple of months we'll start 'all over again'.   ;D   The Beatrix Potter exhibit is closing in a month.
We finally qualify for the Frist's Senior membership Dual  $50 annual from $70.

Hi E4E Karen and Puff KB BL

OG how was your game night?

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7864 on: August 07, 2023, 01:25:52 PM »

Royal Albatross - 8/7 Monday, Monday and Albatross chicks  ;D

NTF chick was off down to UQ chick's. Here she is displaying in front of UQ chick.
Quarry chick is watching in the background...
https://twitter.com/i/status/1688486825365749760

8/7
Here is Manaaki "running" down to give NTF chick the hurry along
, sending her back up top with some exchanges of bill claps. LOL!  ;D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1688490530899111936

8/5

Manaaki with his fabulous wings, comes to check out the #RoyalCam.  :-*
https://twitter.com/i/status/1687755983458807808

Happy Monday Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

We're waiting for Mike's new car to be repaired, or else he has to drive my car to Gila Bend for the week.
We were suppose to pick it up at 8am, we waited a couple of hours and returned home without it. Heading back to the repair shop right now, so I can drive my car home.
I hope everyone are having a good Monday... be back later to catch up.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

mich-pip

« Reply #7865 on: August 07, 2023, 01:39:38 PM »

BL told me about the kerfuffle picked up on mic. Brought back memories of VA botanical gardens Mom getting hit by plane- when they found her she still had a fish in her claws which she was bringing back to her eaglets (circa 2011 when BL and I started watching the cams).
I'm relieved to hear no eagles were involved!
Nature is cruel but we don't have to be
-temple grandin

karengramke

« Reply #7866 on: August 07, 2023, 01:50:38 PM »

Welcome to the Beak, Mich.  i kind of remember thart incident in VA!  When I heard the woman I thought it might have been an animal or a bird.  I hope she can get some help!  That is a terrible loss!

Lani. How would you do for a week without a  Car? Hopefully Mikes car will be fixed soon!

LisaG1967

« Reply #7867 on: August 07, 2023, 02:29:59 PM »

Good Afternoon kb, Mich-pip and all   :)

Puff - Thanks for the info from John.

E4E - Thank you!  Yes, I can't believe all that hair either. I remember only having 6 weeks of time off for maternity, and it was not paid time off either...only 2 weeks were, and that was if you didn't use your vacation time yet.

karen
- Yep, Sydney has a big family to meet and remember.

Phyl - Have fun at exhibit, and be safe with those storms. We should be getting them this evening. 

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  Glad to hear that Mike's car has been repaired. 

Puff

« Reply #7868 on: August 07, 2023, 02:57:18 PM »

BL told me about the kerfuffle picked up on mic. Brought back memories of VA botanical gardens Mom getting hit by plane- when they found her she still had a fish in her claws which she was bringing back to her eaglets (circa 2011 when BL and I started watching the cams).
I'm relieved to hear no eagles were involved!

Ahhhhh - Starring in person - the one and only pip!!

Welcome from Puff

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7869 on: August 07, 2023, 02:58:31 PM »

LISA  I sure hope you do get one of those crocheted blankets one day.  have you dropped hints?  LOL  Having Bradley home and available will be a godsend for Kelly and a good bonding time for Bradley.

Thanks PUFF

KB   I'm glad we were raised in a time of no fear.  Looking back to now and how things have changed seems unreal...

KAREN  and while you are sweltering we have been blessed with 2 days of low humidity, lower DP and a slight breeze - We have had windows open since last night.  I slept 8 1/2 hours  :o :o :o

PHYL  Can't wait to hear about the B P exhibit - I remember way back when you were mentioning it.  So sorry for that childhood incident  :-*

LANI   Manaaki certainly does not look like a juvenile any more. :o

MICH-PIP   Sure was a freaky thing that happened.   Glad too that no eagles were injured.
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7870 on: August 07, 2023, 08:55:54 PM »

LisaG - Your family is so beautiful - all pics are so special!

Tsk - Yes! Those crocheted blankets are so pretty!

So sorry - had a busy day, and I am nodding out while sitting here.

Beakers have a nice evening  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7871 on: August 07, 2023, 09:04:18 PM »

some bounce
Got the trees sprinkled well and some weeds dug. House prepared for pups. I'll fence the raspberries tomorrow so they won't get scratched while running near them to defend the yard. Lol.
No word yet when they will arrive.
Hugz all and SEDs
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #7872 on: August 07, 2023, 09:51:43 PM »

Sorry I haven't been around lately, seems I can't keep up!!!!

Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Thanks for the birthday greetings, loved them.   :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7873 on: August 07, 2023, 11:30:16 PM »

Minnesota Kare11 reporter Boyd Huppert took this picture on a Minnesota lake with this caption:

"Loons & ducks aren't supposed to get along. But apparently no one told this loon pair that's adopted a duckling that got separated from its mom. They've already taught the baby duck to eat fish and dive like a loon"

awww Kb, love this!  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7874 on: August 07, 2023, 11:56:02 PM »

Hi Nora! -Nice to 'see' you here. Seems like we see each other in GSB  ;)

Lisa- was quiet here all evening. No storms.

Tsk- more Beatrix Potter tomrrow  ;)

Tig- Hugz back to you

Lani- Manaaki looks all grown up

Hoping everyone had or has a lovely evening.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan