Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471249 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7680 on: August 02, 2023, 11:45:38 AM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Lani - Thanks for the kind word on morning pic.  Love the pic from Hellgate. 

Puff - Waiting for something to get revenge and crawl from drain. 

karen - Yes, Jeff is diabetic, too.  He found out when he went for lab work right before his back surgery in 2007.  I found out about in 2010 after lab work.

E4E - Thank you!

clynn - Thanks, and love the pics of the munchkins!  The Sydney kids look great.

Phyl - Thanks for the pics from around your home.  Love the porch.  Are those the faux bushes you mentioned a while back?  I am trying to not let it get to me, but.....

tsk - I forgot to tell you all last night about the loaner.  Jeff comes home from work, and pulls in behind me.  He has a habit of looking at license plates on cars for some reason or the other.  He comes in the house, and says, it that the loaner?  I said, yea...nice huh?  He said, the tags are expired!  They expired in May!!!!!!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7681 on: August 02, 2023, 12:52:39 PM »

PHYL  DH2  handsome eagle.   Very nice chairs.  Have not seen any like that.  Your sofa looks very plush - velour?  LOVE your very neat/cozy front porch!  Table is also beautiful.   Another gorgeous flyway this AM

LISA   Good luck today.

CLYNN  I'm always flabbergasted at autistic abilities.  So awesome a talent.

PUFF   What a great idea for that Belize restaurant to place jars of hatching chrysalis around.  So where are you heading Sept/Oct - a work thing?

KAREN    LOLOL - " maybe shower with a Scorpio, instead"  LOLOL

LISA   Sharp eye on Jeff - Of course you know who would pay the ticket  LOLOL I'm afraid to ask how the doc visit went.  :-\
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #7682 on: August 02, 2023, 01:31:07 PM »

tsk not settled yet - but North Dakota.  Nothing special, just working on the ole bucket list. Three/four days?  Not much there now but rusted oil pipes on the ground and empty farm/grazing fields.  Thanks Mr. B. >:(

Oh, wait, they are known to do giant sculptures/artwork along the sides of the road. 

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #7683 on: August 02, 2023, 01:53:58 PM »

tsk - She put me on insulin.....Basaglar - 6 units every night.

karengramke

« Reply #7684 on: August 02, 2023, 02:15:07 PM »

Lisa!  Oops!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7685 on: August 02, 2023, 03:32:50 PM »

tsk - She put me on insulin.....Basaglar - 6 units every night.

{{{Hugs Lisa}}}  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #7686 on: August 02, 2023, 03:51:22 PM »

tskand any other interested in the Belize blue morpho butterflies. . . I tried to find a site description from Blancaneaux with the restaurant hosting the cocoons.  There is a pic and mention of Chaa Creek (an associated property) that supplies each room/hut/cabin with a hatch-due cocoon.  No luck on the restaurant - but I did find some memory jogging pics.  I can't believe I did all this.  You can see it's plush but buried in a jungle canopy.  You can see why they operate on solar batteries and river water produced energy.  Great place to go for a luxurious, but basic jungle living.  It has been a remarkable experience/career.  Is anyone looking for my help?   8)

https://www.travelandleisure.com/hotels-resorts/chaa-creek-belize-eco-resort-butterfly-cocoons

« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 03:55:24 PM by Puff »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7687 on: August 02, 2023, 06:29:13 PM »

PUFF   You will find something special there. ;) ;)  That hotel room at Chaa Creek is beautiful.  What a wonderful idea with the chrysalis in each room and the beautiful ritual upon release.  Thanks much

LISA   How is that administered?

LANI  What a sweet kitty with a little brown moustache  :)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7688 on: August 02, 2023, 06:39:40 PM »

Hi  CLynn- LOL #1 and #3  ;)    You add to Bella's already  cute/pretty look with the hair-dos.
 I can follow Southern tradition of sittn' on the porch sipping a 'beverage' and watching the world go by. Or I can go out back , have a beverage and fall asleep in the sun.  ;D.
Most impressive Stephen Wiltshire drawings. And goodness    Sidney  Sea Eagles look great...ah such a sweet eaglet in his silver down. Tks

TSk- Saturday AMs I have a breakfast similar to yours this Am

E4E sunny AM today  ;)   Tks the house is a small-ish  2 story. Been there 22+ yrs

Karen- "Jealousy' was cute. Got any more?  ;D  ;
 Tks

Puff-   Is Sept/Oct another tic off the Bucket List, eh?  Beleise---if only Jim'd win the Lotto. What a wonderful experience that would be. *sigh*
   RE the scorpion   'thing' crawling out the drain---they do---all of those  exovertabrates do that.  I like to suck them up in the vacuum cleaner as the force of the
suction pulls them apart. ANd, I know there's no return.

Lani-Iris's beauty is timeless. And, Lucky, well  :-*; such a cute moustached kitty

{{{Lisa}}}- yes those are the faux boxwood bushes  I mentioned earlier  . Is the insulin in addition to the Jardiance?

Tsk- Overstock.com; glad you liked the house

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7689 on: August 02, 2023, 06:44:22 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .   
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7690 on: August 02, 2023, 06:48:21 PM »

bounce
We decided to do a descaling of the floor drain. That should last a long time.
And, it has been raining a soft steady rain for 60 minutes... so far. Woohoo!
SED
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 07:07:48 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #7691 on: August 02, 2023, 07:22:33 PM »

Puff, you mentioned Mr. B.  That would be Mr. Bojangles?

Lani, love the kitty in the flower pot!  Precious!

kbshcb

« Reply #7692 on: August 02, 2023, 08:47:38 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1686821775890595840

This is the cutest video ever!

Tig - what process did you use to descale your drain?....and, I guess what made you think to do that and do you have softened water out of your city system?

We got about 25 minutes of rain too.....

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7693 on: August 02, 2023, 09:13:54 PM »

KB - because the floor drain going across the basement to the main does not have a lot of slope, my Dad would regularly snake the drain (because water would back up onto the floor beneath laundry tubs after a certain amount of months doing laundry). We had a plumber come out to do that but he recommended, because of the age of the pipe and probable existence of scale which narrows the space, that we should have it descaled. They used a machine with a certain tool at the end that scraped and pushed. We have "normal" water... no need for softening, no staining. (???) There was a 20% discount for senior day. Hoping we won't need to do anything again B4 we sell in about 8 yrs.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7694 on: August 02, 2023, 09:28:02 PM »

Puff - Someone washed a scorpion down the drain?  We don't have scorpions here, but I think we would capture it and take it to the outskirts of town and release it.
Just read what you posted about the hotel in Belize - that is such a beautiful & special thing to do for the guests checking in for a stay! :)

LisaG - We learned the hard way to look at the expiration when renting a car.  When we were on vacation in TN back in April, we got pulled over because the rental slip had expired 2 weeks previous to us renting the car. :o ::)  We will always be aware of that from now on.

Phyl - You & hubby keep a nice yard & home.  :)

Tig - Yaay - good rain you are having!

Hi Lani  :)

Kb - That really is a cute/sweet vid - thank you for posting. :)   Yaaay - glad you got some rain too!

All have a good evening / SEDs  :)