Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470444 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6495 on: June 28, 2023, 03:10:29 PM »

LISA   Like " love is in the air"  Right away I started humming the song  LOL   LOL  Cute story from Jaspur  ;D  Now that Misty and Bandit are "empty nesters" they may get a bit closer now.  ;) ;)

KAREN   Glad to share the Wisconsin oleo story with you  ;) ;)  Butter was too $$$ for our family in those days.

OLDGUY   Claire has a lot on her hands with all those cats..

PUFF  On my - Since you usually don't post every day I'm not sure I was totally aware so many days had passed.  Good grief - pulmonary embolisms.  Were your symptoms shortness of breath?  You didn't have time to tell your wonderful next door neighbor to give the flowers a squirt...I feel so bad with all the work you put in.  BUT you are home and can mend.  Prayers for a fast recovery.

At one point no air, only gasping.  I got smart (i.e. scared) at one point and dialed 991.  My ride got here in 3/4 minutes.  Another smart move is that I've been grabbing garage phone when going outside to work.  That phone had not been programmed, getting new one anyway.  Thanks for your kind concern.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6496 on: June 28, 2023, 03:16:53 PM »

Puff... Yep. I try to remember to take my phone with me even if I'm just stepping out to shut off the water. One never knows when a trip may happen.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6497 on: June 28, 2023, 03:32:39 PM »

(((Puff))), I'm glad you're home now, and can keep resting. I hope you feel better and better.  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6498 on: June 28, 2023, 03:57:26 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Tsk, I'm so glad you had a good 1st post-op PT session! And a really good therapist, too! Bonus!!  :)

Lisa, what a wonderful picture Jeff captured of Bandit and Misty together!  Fun kitty doings and news from jaspurr. LOL!  :) :-*

Clynn, thanks for sharing the pic of Bandit and Misty. I hope you have another fun day with The Munchkins!  :D

Phyl, thanks for the nest updates and cam shots.  :)

Tig, that Mexican menu looked good - their pictures made me hungry!  :D

Lani, good news on your good helper, and getting an update from him about coming soon. (((Aly)))

WAVING TO ALL THE BEAKERS!  :D

I got a late start on the day... was late to bed last night...  ::) ;)  So I gotta run for now...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #6499 on: June 28, 2023, 05:24:16 PM »

baz - Thanks for the kind words on Misty and Bandit.  I saw the video that you mentioned about Alice, and it did look like she was taken by an owl. 

Puff - That must have been very frightening!

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6500 on: June 28, 2023, 06:11:54 PM »

LISA  Tim and I will do the same thing - order big- Gives me a night off  LOL  Actually tonight we had BLT's with lettuce from our garden and corn on the cob from the store which of course is having 4th of July sales so each ear isn't so expensive.

BAZI  Thanks for the update but I was so elated that 4 survived this far.  That in itself was a miracle - Now reality sets in. Love "Embrace the day"
- attitude is everything... :)

PUFF  Smart move to always have a phone on you!!! - Big pockets or a case you can clip the phone into and hook on your pants waist or an around the waist apron with a pocket.  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6501 on: June 28, 2023, 07:06:02 PM »

Oldguy - Nice you got a little rain.  Have a good week. :)

Lori - Love the heavenly birthday remembrance for Horst. :-*

Karen - It seems it doesn't take long for Finches to fledge!  We used to have finches build a couple of nests under our back porch awning (up in the rafters).  I sure enjoyed watching them!

Kb - Hope the air quality dissipates some over night and is a lil better tomorrow.

Puff - I noticed you hadn't posted, but I just thought you were very busy or traveling some place!  Oh my gosh - so sorry you went through such an emergency.  {{Puff}}  Please do all you need to do to take good care of yourself.  :-*

LisaG - Hope all went well for Jeff at his eye appt today.  Sounds like a delicious place for lunch and great to not have to cook tonight!

Tig - Such a good idea that you mentioned;  I too, always try to remember to take my phone outside when I head out there!

Lani - Sweet heavenly birthday remembrance for Horst.  I miss him very much.  After he passed, I missed hearing about 'Maxi' and seeing the pictures he would share!

Tsk - I too, love BLTs!

Bazi - Cute 'get well' wish for Puff!

Clynn - Looking forward to hearing about your day with the Munchkins and pics! ;D

Everyone have a good night / sleep well.

Puff

« Reply #6502 on: June 28, 2023, 07:53:32 PM »

The reassuring thoughts are so sweet of all of you.  Hugs back to you all.

P

Puff

« Reply #6503 on: June 28, 2023, 08:10:17 PM »

Missed a relocation - Did DH2 branch or fledge?

P

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #6504 on: June 28, 2023, 08:30:46 PM »

Think it's a "branching" up and left over Y-cam's shoulder.  Surprised there's no "Where's Waldo follow-up.
 :)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

karengramke

« Reply #6505 on: June 28, 2023, 09:01:43 PM »

Lisa and Jeff, the pucture of Misty and Bandit was. Adorable! 
OpI have ti thank you both for tge name Piper and say that I have a girl of my own now with that name! I hope that you do.   Not  mind https://www.petfinder.com/dog/mercy-65095213/ga/valdosta/lowndes-county-animal-services-ga53/

Mercy was Hershey and is now Piper.   Will be doing a dna on her and will put her on a diet,  we can both lose together!  She is not house trained and I must say it has been sometime since i went thru this!  She was in the shelter a month.  Because she was there that long tgey only charged 65 dollars instead of their regular  125.00! Seds

So very sorry about Alice.  Dang owls

BrokenLug

« Reply #6506 on: June 29, 2023, 12:30:06 AM »

Barred Owls hunting in a pack .. the noises .. Ya' still got some hair on the back of your neck.

Half Moon Pond, VT.

I've seen seasoned Black Bear and campers take flight was the Rangers 1st Reply. 

When all the forest tries to keep to itself at dusk.

I'd say a caboodle of winged things keeps this reach of this neck mighty clean.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 01:02:58 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6507 on: June 29, 2023, 12:46:24 AM »

Lori, love this!  :-*. I miss Eagle-Duck very much.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6508 on: June 29, 2023, 12:49:37 AM »

Well, good guessing E4E, but not at ATF early.  All's OK but a took a ride in the med wagon to spend 6-7 days at Good Sam.  They said something about "quite a few pulmonary embolisms."  Doing good so they let me escape today.  Went through this about 15 years ago; tried again for an encore.  It's been a long time. They do not know the why yet, they're still analyzing tests.  But they let me go!   Long time out of commission, unusual to be held this long in hospital lately.  But they did promise  :-\  it would be forever this time.

Like all of you I was worried about the adoptees, the weather, our HD2 fledge (can't believe she waited for me), heat and drought, condition of the yard/flowers.  Not much to worry about - it's mostly dead.  All that work, time, sweat, $ . . .  I made a bad pick a month or so back: Love the look of the new-rage wave petunia, took chance on a couple that are hanging like small, flowerless willows.  Wrong year for trying new.

Today I'm going to use up another day to rest.  I might even bite the bullet and go out to see an up-date-and-personal look at the damage.

Please all be assured that I'm already doing better; much praying and following the rules going on at this end.

P

{{{Hugs and prayers Puff}}} I'm sorry, rest, heal and take care of yourself. God bless  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6509 on: June 29, 2023, 01:02:57 AM »

Lisa and Jeff, the pucture of Misty and Bandit was. Adorable! 
OpI have ti thank you both for tge name Piper and say that I have a girl of my own now with that name! I hope that you do.   Not  mind https://www.petfinder.com/dog/mercy-65095213/ga/valdosta/lowndes-county-animal-services-ga53/

Mercy was Hershey and is now Piper.   Will be doing a dna on her and will put her on a diet,  we can both lose together!  She is not house trained and I must say it has been sometime since i went thru this!  She was in the shelter a month.  Because she was there that long tgey only charged 65 dollars instead of their regular  125.00! Seds

So very sorry about Alice.  Dang owls

Karen! Did you get a dog?! Oh my gosh! She's adorable  :-*