Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470524 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6480 on: June 28, 2023, 07:53:25 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Lani - Thinking of ((Aly)), and praying she gets her furniture.  Thanks for the Royal update. 

tsk - How did PT go??  I hope your aren't in pain this morning. Oops, see you post now.  Glad all went well at PT!

tig - Dinner sounded yummy!

Phyl - Thanks for kitty prayers and for RRP blogs. 

kb - Love the look on Mama loons face at the carp.

oldguy - Hope you can help.  ;)  Very cool on the portable display!

E4E - I got a funny email from jaspurr this morning.  She said, she needed something more stronger than coffee.  Sweet Daisy was exploring the house during the night, and she could hear her meowing but couldn't find her at first.  All is good now.  :D

clynn - Of course I don't mind.  It was a sweet moment between Bandit and Misty.  I have caught him licking her head recently.

Happy Heavenly Birthday to Horst!

karengramke

« Reply #6481 on: June 28, 2023, 08:05:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! Phyl and Clynn, love  the picture you both chose this morning!  The colors are so pleasing as is the composition.

E4e. True what you say about the tzus and like potato chips, you cannot just eat one!  They are however a tad high maintenance!

Tsk, good news on pt!   I loved those white bags of oleo with the red dot!  I got my mother to buy one so I could squeeze it!  Odd toy!  My dad with his somewhat Wisconsin roots would not eat it so we were a butter family! Some how the “fake” stuff seems like salty soft plastic to me.  I have had my share of it however.

Lis, sharing your cupp!

Clynn, have fun with the kiddies today and
STay cool.
Lani, I would look to see if that moving company is still in business and either call the police to track down the truck or file a suit.   I know you do not need me to give advice!  I just cant help myself!  Lol

Have a good day.  Oh, think the finch babies are gone!

Happy heavenly birthday, Horst!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 08:18:59 AM by karengramke »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6482 on: June 28, 2023, 08:17:46 AM »

some bounce

((  TSK  ))

We did not get the rain that was forecast... so the sprinkler will be running today.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6483 on: June 28, 2023, 08:19:35 AM »

Happy Heavenly Birthday Horst!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #6484 on: June 28, 2023, 08:47:11 AM »

Oh, 83 now going to 97!   Air quality fair!
Just read the cure for weeds and aphids is neem oil which kb uses, vegetable oil, boiling water or vinegar.   The last two for weeds and the first two aphids.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6485 on: June 28, 2023, 09:21:36 AM »

Overcast - later a high of 66

Baz - Love last night's pic at the 'Y'  :)

Lani - Sweet night pic!  :)

Phyl - Thank you for cam pics - always appreciated  :)

Kb - Sweet baby kangaroo - so cute!!    Fantastic crane operator with that great save  :-* ;D

Clynn - Love the Boulder County nest pic!!  Thanks so much for sharing Jeff's pic of Bandit and Misty! :-*  Have a great day with your Munchkins! ;D

Tsk - So glad you like your PT girl and that your appt went well  :) :)

Tig - You & Camper always seem to find the best restaurants! ;D

LisaG - Lol! Daisy is getting used to her new surroundings  ;D  So happy for the emails you are receiving from Jaspurr! :-* :)   I loved seeing the pic that Jeff took of Bandit and Misty!  So glad that Clynn shared it here. ;D

Karen - Yes I see what you mean about potato chips Lol!  It must have been a wonderful (and busy) time when you had all 3 pups! :)

Happy Heavenly Birthday Horst

Beakers have a nice day  :)

oldguy

« Reply #6486 on: June 28, 2023, 09:42:25 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Woke up this morning to a loud thunder clap - got another .1 inch of rain  forecast is chance of rain this afternoon and chances everyday for the rest of the week.  AQI down this morning to 221 and slowly droping - we have a reporting station 1 mile East of us, that graphs the past 24 hours, so trends can be seen.

Lani - sent you a PM

Lisa - I have not gotten a responce from Jaspurr yet - I expect that she will pursue my suggestions before responding. ;)

Clair took several cats to the vet for annuals...
DD’s Depressed… (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io2_CXLBb7c

Cajun Fiddle - Don Rich - Fiddle Cover by Millie Ann   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT2SnO8buRU
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6487 on: June 28, 2023, 11:18:03 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Puff

« Reply #6488 on: June 28, 2023, 11:23:47 AM »

Well, good guessing E4E, but not at ATF early.  All's OK but a took a ride in the med wagon to spend 6-7 days at Good Sam.  They said something about "quite a few pulmonary embolisms."  Doing good so they let me escape today.  Went through this about 15 years ago; tried again for an encore.  It's been a long time. They do not know the why yet, they're still analyzing tests.  But they let me go!   Long time out of commission, unusual to be held this long in hospital lately.  But they did promise  :-\  it would be forever this time.

Like all of you I was worried about the adoptees, the weather, our HD2 fledge (can't believe she waited for me), heat and drought, condition of the yard/flowers.  Not much to worry about - it's mostly dead.  All that work, time, sweat, $ . . .  I made a bad pick a month or so back: Love the look of the new-rage wave petunia, took chance on a couple that are hanging like small, flowerless willows.  Wrong year for trying new.

Today I'm going to use up another day to rest.  I might even bite the bullet and go out to see an up-date-and-personal look at the damage.

Please all be assured that I'm already doing better; much praying and following the rules going on at this end.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6489 on: June 28, 2023, 11:40:02 AM »

some bounce

Puff ... !!! Hugs/prayers. Take it easy...one step at a time. It is ok to rest.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #6490 on: June 28, 2023, 12:40:58 PM »

(((Puff))).  Take care of yourself.  PrYers

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6491 on: June 28, 2023, 01:35:08 PM »

LISA   Like " love is in the air"  Right away I started humming the song  LOL   LOL  Cute story from Jaspur  ;D  Now that Misty and Bandit are "empty nesters" they may get a bit closer now.  ;) ;)

KAREN   Glad to share the Wisconsin oleo story with you  ;) ;)  Butter was too $$$ for our family in those days.

OLDGUY   Claire has a lot on her hands with all those cats..

PUFF  On my - Since you usually don't post every day I'm not sure I was totally aware so many days had passed.  Good grief - pulmonary embolisms.  Were your symptoms shortness of breath?  You didn't have time to tell your wonderful next door neighbor to give the flowers a squirt...I feel so bad with all the work you put in.  BUT you are home and can mend.  Prayers for a fast recovery.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6492 on: June 28, 2023, 01:41:41 PM »

Took Jeff to the eye doctor this morning, and we stopped at Red, Hot & Blue for some lunch, and made sure we had plenty to eat, so I didn't have to cook tonight.  Jeff got a pulled chicken platter, and I got a fried catfish platter.  We split an onion loaf (which is their version) of blooming onion. 

karen - I am happy to share a cuppa with anyone.  I am having another right now.  Wow, you all are gonna be hot today...97!

tig - That seems to be the norm for us...they get us all worked up saying...alert day, severe weather and nothing happens.

E4E - I am glad that clynn shared it too.  I sometimes forget!  ;D

oldguy - Send you another message.  Keep me posted!

Lori - Aww, love your post for Horst!

Puff - Oh my goodnes!  I sure hope you are resting and recovering.  (((( HUGS))))

tsk - I thought that " love is in the air" was a cute pic!  I was humming, too  ;D  Misty & Bandit do seem to be getting a lil closer.  Bandit still hates when she does the whining thing. 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6493 on: June 28, 2023, 02:53:17 PM »

Good Morning ...

Currently  68 F clear  and  High 92F sunny, Low 68F  clear.

Kb nice loon family

OG tks for the links; Q-kids  :);    green lawn again  ;)

Bazi you can check the GSB Chat here: https://www.explore.org/livecams/disqus/raptor-resource-project/peregrine-falcon-cam

Karen   {{{Sassy}}} ;   Special memories  :)

E4E not sure, good idea to check Decorah Chat or Decorah thread.  From what I've seen, the ''Y' branch is a 'step'

Tig  good dinner?

Tsk how'd your apt went well  yesterday?

Lisa  ...🙏 's for Misty and 3 remaining kittens

Lani
Don't know what to make of the movers?

Phyl, thanks, but you know I'm a long-time RRP cam and nest follower of many years, so of course I checked GSB chat,  nestcam news, GSB/RRP blogs and news, recent videos, and such, before I asked if anyone in the Beak had news about GSB fledgling sibling, Alice, and why she was missing from the GSB sibling flight training squadron. There wasn't anything official that I saw regarding her not being part of the recent sibling events there. I received a PM today from someone who closely follows the daily details from that GSB nest, and learned that a few nights ago, it appeared that something - possibly/probably an owl - flew up and took something from the top of the nest cam at GSB, and there were a few cries. There is an old video, farther back than I had looked, of that kerfuffle apparently, as I was told in the PM, but it isn't definitive. But since GSB sibling fledgling Alice hasn't been noted since then, it is presumed by some that she may have been taken by an owl. There is nothing definite about that from RRP that I had found, as of last night, and there was no RRP or chat mod or other posts or notes or news about it that I could find, as of late last night. Perhaps RRP is waiting to collect more info. In any case, unless GSB eyeass, Alice, reappears, it seems she may be gone. RIP Alice.  Fly high and dive steep.  :-* :-* :-*  Wishing continued success for Newman and his remaining GSB eyeasses.  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 02:58:15 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6494 on: June 28, 2023, 03:02:13 PM »

Happy heavenly birthday dear Horst! You and Maxie are always in our thoughts and heart!  :-*

Lani, thanks.  :-* I think of Horst (Eagle-Duck), his family, especially his son and grandchildren, and his sweet, much-loved Senegal parrot, Maxi, often.  Happy Heavenly Birthday to Horst.  :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center