Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471007 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6210 on: June 20, 2023, 03:57:34 PM »

Just noticed 3 babies in the finch nest!  Very small and hard to see!  Lunch on the screened porch today and planning to have dinner there as qwell!   A little humid but, not complaining!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6211 on: June 20, 2023, 04:02:26 PM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6212 on: June 20, 2023, 04:23:02 PM »

CLynn I get the Live Science daily  each news letter has the leading story and about 4 suboridinate articles. Then there's the History.com, Ancient History, Nat Geo digital news letters dailies.  I need more to read LOL .  Thank you for the reninder on the Roman mausoleum. I'll check it out tonight . Tks for posting NR's  WF's nest---looks good.  Esp. thanks for sharing Lisa's FB post of the kitties.  Pains me that in just a few, we'll never see them again. 

Kb tks for trumpter S. in AK

Hi E4E that coffee looks delish;       tks  :-*

Lisa pretty flowers this AM;      it's too tough for me to watch those ASPCA and SPCA, PETA commercials much less the dozens of mail solitations.  I keep a prayer candle burning 24/7 to St Francis. 

This aside---way too funny you and Midnight haveing a 'gad about'.   Tks to Jeff for the snaps--- love them all.   :-*

Lori nice card for Puff's Ton today

Lani wishing the best for Aly/Dewey ...🙏 's  continue that she gets one of the two she listed for rental

Karen best wishes for  a new HH worker; hatchlings on the finch nests  ;)

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6213 on: June 20, 2023, 06:00:20 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs . 

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #6214 on: June 20, 2023, 06:22:10 PM »

Phyl - Gorgeous sunset pic. 

karen - Aww, 3 baby finches.  I hope you enjoyed your lunch and dinner on the porch. 

kb - Yes, they have all graduated to the bed.   ;D

baz - Awww, thanks for all the kisses!  A baby "Swampy, Jr." !!!!! 

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6215 on: June 20, 2023, 06:32:29 PM »

I know I wrote a post earlier but must not have hit send   ::) ::)

LISA   I think If I had to Daisy would be the one..LOL  I said "Tim - you would need to drive to Maryland " LOL

BAZI  I think at WF there were 3 hatches initially and 1 died.     LIL  Swampy  ;) ;)

PHYL  Another beauty of a sunset on the Flyway
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6216 on: June 20, 2023, 07:26:20 PM »

I know I wrote a post earlier but must not have hit send   ::) ::)

LISA   I think If I had to Daisy would be the one..LOL  I said "Tim - you would need to drive to Maryland " LOL

BAZI  I think at WF there were 3 hatches initially and 1 died.     LIL  Swampy  ;) ;)

PHYL  Another beauty of a sunset on the Flyway

ditto on Daisy tsk....I already picked her ;) ;).....but, I don't drive freeways anymore so there's that!.LOL

kbshcb

« Reply #6217 on: June 20, 2023, 09:32:04 PM »

Photo by Kaitlyn Mum

Oh my!....mama and triplets..in Minnesota.

Meese?

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6218 on: June 20, 2023, 09:39:01 PM »

Tig - Did you & Camper have a nice dinner out for his birthday?

LisaG - Wish you & Jeff could get a good night's rest!

Lori - Sweet message to Puff for Ton's heavenly birthday.

Lani - Love the beautiful turtle pic!  Wow, walking the dog so early - my son does the same!  My son walks his sweet dog at 4 a.m., and leaves his house @ 6 to head into work.

Karen - Hopefully you will like the replacement - so hard when you get used to one person and then not to know who is coming on next.

LisaG - Sweet pics of kittys - so cute Midnight & Raven sleeping - they obviously feel so safe and comfortable in your beautiful home!

Tig - Yaay! A toad!   We were talking the other day with neighbors and we were saying that when we moved here in 1991, that we used to see little frogs in our yard, but for years now, no frogs, so sad. :o ::) :(

Karen - That is good news!! Baby finches!! ;D :-*

Lani - Good for Aly in getting her request in for those rentals.  She has to keep her irons in the fire!  Glad she keeps going forward and keeping her eyes and ears open.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease - keep at it Aly!  Something will work out! 'Thumbs up'!

Kris & I worked on our new 'sister' storage shed!  We are calling it the 'sister shed' as he built the first one in 2020 and is building a 2nd identical one! I should almost have a tool belt on!! Lol!  He complimented me on how much help I am!  :)

Puff - My hubby's best friend passed in 2021 and his birthday is today too (6/20).  It is a good day to shine on some wonderful folks.   Hugs for you Puff. :-*

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6219 on: June 21, 2023, 12:40:29 AM »

{{{Karen}}} sorry to hear you're losing your favorite hh worker. Maybe the next one is even better.  :) ... awww 3 baby finches to enjoy watching.

Lisa, love the kittens and their names are perfect.

Baz, "Swampy Jr!" looks like Swampy's been busy over the winter. Nr said there were 3 osprey chicks and one died.  :(

Phyl, gorgeous sunset pic!

Kb, mama and babies  ;D

Eagles, Talons crossed Aly gets something this week. Her things arrive Thursday.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk friends Jean and Dennis, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #6220 on: June 21, 2023, 06:19:15 AM »

Good Morning !     It’s official...Happy Summer !

Currently  68 F.  High 77F rain Low 63F rainy.

Hope the morning finds eveyone well. And, ready for a brand new 'season' of F-u-n.

Tsk   Thank you.  The  good night was from Kamfers Dam,Kimberly, South Africa  where the Lesser Flamingos stay. Taken 12-19-22. I snapped it myself.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 06:38:23 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6221 on: June 21, 2023, 06:22:44 AM »

On ' The Flyaway" this morning we find...

Jun 21, 2023 6:19 AM

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #6222 on: June 21, 2023, 06:31:08 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1671224873291481091

Awe.....best buddies!

Morning all.

Heading out soon with my little man...already 72 but the dew point is low...

Lani - crossing my fingers for Aly!

Phyl

« Reply #6223 on: June 21, 2023, 06:34:13 AM »

I found Anthony sleeping very near Two Harbor's nest's edge this morning.

Jun 21, 2023 6:23 AM
Camera Time: Jun 21, 2023 4:23 AM PDT

Just yesterday...
Camera Time: Jun 20, 2023 6:16 PM PDT

With all his activity and flying some in Chat are asking 'When is this a fledge?" I've searched comments and nothing official that I can see at this point.
I'm hoping I haven't missed 'something'.

And from Janntonne Mod in Chat:

6 hours ago edited

Anthony - Five Flights & a Super Hover

Edited video of Anthony's five flights with a super hover tucked in between as he works on his flying and landing skills. He gets stronger and better with each trip.
https://youtu.be/nRSSDKIL1L0?t=34
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 06:53:40 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6224 on: June 21, 2023, 06:39:28 AM »

How the Ancients Celebrated the Longest Day of the Year
The summer solstice was a day of great significance for many past civilizations.

https://www.history.com/news/summer-solstice-traditions?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2023-0619-06192023&om_rid=%20~campaign%20%3D%20hist-inside-history-2023-0619

#IstandwithEvan