Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1002803 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6180 on: June 19, 2023, 10:12:09 PM »

CLynn 'That's So Minnasota' photo  ;)

Karen how were you 'downpours'?  We had a huge one just as Jim was setting up the grill for the sausages.  Didn't take us
any time to put it all away in a snap and push a button to roll in the Sunsetter. Any day is wash day. But, Friday is Ironing Day for sure. LOL

Very cheerful bouquet today {{{E4E}}}. Yeah I know you miss your dad.  My dad was 40 when  I was born and died when he was 63. I didn't know
him very long.  He had a rare blood disorder and  I have a rare blood disorder . I've all ready out lived him.

Hi Puff
Tsk nice hummer story
KB the river dolphin almost  looks albino. Paddle board, I thought so too.

Lani
  tks for Royal Albatross report---Mannaki looks so soft and esp fluffy

Karen don't remind me about the weeding LOL.

Bazi Batten down the hatches---hope you're all safe and sound. Tks for update Karen

Tig wishing Camper's granddaughter much success with 'bootcamp' and school. Olive Garden is a nice dinner out.

Lisa I too hope for a 'smooth transition for Misty and  especially kitties. Here some 'Zs' for you.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6181 on: June 19, 2023, 10:13:46 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

The Naledi Cat-EYE cam
Olifants West Game Reserve, South Africa
Jun 9, 2023 1:15 AM
Camera Time: Jun 9, 2023 8:14 AM SAST

Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6182 on: June 19, 2023, 10:18:42 PM »

Royal Albatross - 6/19
Happy World Albatross Day 2023 & a perfect day to announce SP chick's name.

Introducing Manaaki the 8th #RoyalCam chick.

https://doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/namethechick/

Chick was fed twice today Dad 10:44 & a parent at 16:26
https://twitter.com/i/status/1670702810969800705

Mannaki  :-*

Lani, I love your Mannaki, the Royal Albatross pics!  :-*  LOL, the 1st one looks like Mannaki is photobombing!  :D :D :D And the 2nd pic - Mannaki sings, "Walk like... an Egyptian," ... with a slight twist.  ;D ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6183 on: June 19, 2023, 11:41:12 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Well, I've finally gotten to read all the posts - loved them all... want to reply to so many of them! That's going to have to wait though. I'm too pooped to pop. And Zippo is still up!! !! !! I have to put her to bed. Now. Oh, gee... At least she likes hanging out with me while I'm on the computer at night - it's her late-night-snacktime.  ;) :D :-*

Today was busy with a few errands and lots of doctor office waiting time... but I was glad they could "work me in." I'm fine... as far as I know - I just decided to let the good people who are paid to do it decide if there's something that still needs fixing, or if my body and I already did it for them.  ;) :D  I'm pretty sure it's the latter, but the former will pend their decision on that till all lab results are back. So I was the good donor "on the slab in the lab" today. "Rocky Horror" reference... I'm so bad for that...  ;D ;D  It's a rare thing for me to go to the doctor when I'm pretty sure I'm already healed before I decided to go. LOL. But it was a possible/probable uti, and I decided not to take a chance on that getting into something more involved, especially since folks in my age range very often don't have the usual classic symptoms of such, and can get a big bad surprise with that going on "tilt" in a flash. I think I'm good though. Just going to let them rule out anything possibly being sneaky in the background.

Karen, you had a yummy salad with jumbo shrimp yesterday. Mmm, good! My dinner today was shrimp salad. It was good, but not the same as salad with jumbo shrimp. LOL. I won't have to "Wash on Monday" if I can get Zippo to learn from The Clever Hen, from "The Real Mother Goose" rhyme that I attached below.  ;)

Oh, gosh, here I go trying to post replies... I have got to get Zippo to bed! And I'm tired. I will try to get my reply posts in tomorrow.

Waving to All!  :) Those with severe weather about, please stay weather aware and safe.

G'night Beakers. Peace. SED.

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/10607/10607-h/10607-h.htm - The Project Gutenberg EBook of The Real Mother Goose

I'm going to see if Zippo might take a lesson from "The Clever Hen."   ;) ;D
Click the attached for a larger image...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 11:50:29 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6184 on: June 20, 2023, 12:29:14 AM »

Tsk, awesome story about the hummer!  ;D

Kb, there are some nature shows I cannot watch, and that migration series would be one... I'm attached to the albatross  :( ... anyway, I won't watch Bambi, Old Yeller either.  :-\
beautiful white egret.... {{{Ollie Man}}}  ;D :-* ... good lawn suggestions from Eagles and Karen.

Tig, Congratulations and many good wishes sent for Camper's granddaughter, and talon's crossed for those tough times! Sounds like a great celebration of family and food.

{{{Lisa}}} sleep well tonight  :-*

Oldguy, good to see you... tough card night, but a winner at the end!! Glad you had a nice Sunday! Thanks for link... I don't know what to think about Anthony LOL  ;D ... Manul cat Polly and Lev  :-* .... the Agave plant will be a stunning treat for her and neighbors... Maru  :-*

Baz, "The Clever Hen"  ;D

Karen, Baz and Zippo, Beakers, I pray all will be warm and safe from the bad weather.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk friends Jean and Dennis, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #6185 on: June 20, 2023, 05:58:14 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently  69 F  cloudy.  High 76F rain storms, Low 68F  rain.   All day long...

Lisa  hope you had a better night

OG   some card night, Q kids as always; yep,  cacti will do that

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6186 on: June 20, 2023, 06:01:40 AM »

I snapped this yesterday of Mataska and her chick.

Black Eagles of Roodekrans
Roodepoort, South Africa
Jun 19, 2023 10:15 AM

Camera Time: Jun 19, 2023 5:15 PM SAST

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6187 on: June 20, 2023, 06:12:25 AM »

Meanwhile, back at Two Harbors...
Someone's awake at Two Harbors nest

Jun 20, 2023 2:09 AM
Camera Time: Jun 20, 2023 12:08 AM PDT

And, earlier...

Jun 19, 2023 9:31 PM
Camera Time: Jun 19, 2023 7:30 PM PDT

« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 06:14:06 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6189 on: June 20, 2023, 07:27:14 AM »

some bounce
Last night was fun... if you are used to loud, large families.
Outside werking at 6. Enjoying the sounds of birds. Disassembled/stored the front flower box fence. Sprayed driveway weeds. Now need to replenish the sand between patio blocks. I'm in the shade and there is a breeze... but 72 degree temp. at 7 in the a.m. is crazy. Looking forward to inside tasks the rest of today. Dinner with Bro n SIL for Camper's bday tonight.
HAGD all
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6190 on: June 20, 2023, 07:34:29 AM »

MORNING BEAKERS

OLDGUY  Crazy story about the agave century plant!   Loved Inky and the wood chips.  Glad Leslie answered my question at the end.  Tico  ;D ;D
So seldom we see Maru move around that much  ;) ;)

KAREN  Let's hope Brett and Cindy don't materialize into much - Right - sure is early for that kind of stuff.

TIG  Nice going away celebration - full tummies  :D  And another good dinner out tonight.

BAZI  Smart move to see the doc! Lots of progression with a UTI if not caught.  Zippo and the Clever Hen LOL

Ton's heavenly b-day today  HUGS PUFF
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6191 on: June 20, 2023, 07:48:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, lots of interesting information in your livescience! This one on the same page, also interesting!:  https://www.livescience.com/archaeology/romans/completely-unique-roman-mausoleum-discovered-in-rubble-of-london-building-site   Anthony is ready to go!  And a glimpse of the Black Eagle chick!

Lani, I am the same as you when it comes to nature shows... and the Humane Society/ASPCA commercials...  Love that frontal view of Manaaki!  And the wing thing!

baz, I could use a clever hen!

oldguy, great story on the agave! Thanks for Lesley's video!

nr posted this pic of the WF nest:

tsk, 89 high for today, the heat is here for the next several days... get everything outside done in the morning!

Lisa, I hope you don't mind this post of one of Jeff's pictures, so cute! I hope you will post the rest of them!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #6192 on: June 20, 2023, 07:57:07 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1670911093902917637

Wait what you can fly?..luv the cat's facial expression.

Nesting trumpeter swan in Achorage, Alaska

Morning.

Update on urgent fly situation last night, ;) ;)..Ollie man stalked it until it flew to the light of the tele, where I promptly fly swatted it....we needed our rest....

Yes, tig, it's already 75 here so I cancelled our scheduled Ollie man walk....he was too hot just 2 days ago when it was 70 when we left....

So started to do the W.....you guessed it....

kbshcb

« Reply #6193 on: June 20, 2023, 08:02:51 AM »

I read it's National Bald Eagle Day.....didn't even know there was such a day....
Wishing all eagles success....

Puff

« Reply #6194 on: June 20, 2023, 08:07:16 AM »

Thanks tsk.   Much appreciated, much needed.  Hugs back to you.

P