Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470954 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5925 on: June 12, 2023, 08:58:31 AM »

Overcast - sun later on - high of 67

Karen - Enjoy watching that little baby finch's head moving around  :)

Lani - Good luck with your oak trees and try not to overdo yourself when you start that project! :o  You always have lots going on!

Baz - Like your post for Tsk!

Puff - Cute; you have 'dibs' on Angus! ;D

Phyl - Like your morning gif.  Interesting about 'Street Cat Bob'!  Great pic at the GSB nest  :)

Clynn - Loved reading about ginger cats - as I had one when I was growing up - he was a real favorite of mine - his name was Dusty.
Sweet baby elephant pic!

Tsk - Yum! Pizza yesterday - bet it was yummy  :)

I have an appt at the hair salon this morning - always so fun catching up with her! :)

Beakers have a nice day!

LisaG1967

« Reply #5926 on: June 12, 2023, 09:02:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Monday!

kb - Daisy is sweet  :)

tig - LOL, what your neighbor is offering for wildlife. 

Phyl - Thanks..yes Angus looks just like Misty, and is just as sweet as her, too.  Aww, Piper looking like Maggie.  Awww, the eyasses are getting big!

karen - Thanks!  I wish I could bring Piper to you.   :D  Congrats on your baby finch!

Lori - That cupcake for tsk looked delicious!

E4E - What a fun thing to do...a lil matinee!  The kitties are good eaters, that is for sure.  Enjoy salon day!

Lani - Your good night pic made me LOL.  Piper and Lizzie both sleep that way when they are in the bed with me, its so cute.

Puff - Angus is very soft.  He is just like Misty, same coat, I mean.

clynn - Thanks for saying we have been good foster parents.  :) Those stained glass birds are pretty. 

tsk - Nice temps for you today.  We are supposed to have thunderstorms today, with gusty wind and small hail.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5927 on: June 12, 2023, 10:33:46 AM »

Atlantic Puffins
Posted by Ruby 35 minutes ago - Millie incoming with squid

This was from earlier around 8:30am
.50 speed........she is much faster than this!!
Thank you CamOp for the perfect zoom in at the right time!

Yummy breakfast for Duryea

Mom Millie and Duryea

Seal Island Team has officially named little Puffling "Duryea"
A tribute to Duryea Morton by David Klinger – a former Hog Island dishwasher and FOHI board member.
https://fohi.org/2019/07/05/a-tribute-to-duryea-morton/

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #5928 on: June 12, 2023, 10:41:43 AM »

Royal Albatross - 6/12  Looking good chick!  :-*

The latest portrait video of SP chick this morning, & a quick one up the bank looking around, this afternoon.
A few days left to vote for your favourite name for chick.
Voting closes Friday June 16 2023 at 5 pm NZST.
https://doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/namethechick/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1668172963823374339

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #5929 on: June 12, 2023, 10:57:09 AM »

A Vaquita, a small porpoise..the most endangered animal in the world...only 12-20 left in the world..they live in the Gulf of California.

More info here:
https://www.ecowatch.com/vaquita-population-gulf-of-california.html

lani - the cutest pup pic evah!....

Course been watering, fertilizing, seeding and walked Ollie....hope to spend an hour just sitting in the sun out back listening....hopefully.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5930 on: June 12, 2023, 11:16:27 AM »

some bounce
Our team won yesterday. Yay. And a yummy cherry bacon spice cheesy brat.
Today, I sprayed weeds before the wind picked up (will get the lawn weeds another day). We will go to tend to grave sites today. Later, when it is windy and shady, I need to prune the berry canes that are trying to encompass the earth.  ::)

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

« Reply #5931 on: June 12, 2023, 01:10:56 PM »

Baz, yummy treats for Tsk!  ;D

Phyl, GSB eyasses are beautiful! There's always one testing their abilities  :)

Clynn, love the stained glass birds.... cute ellie backside with pink ears.  ;D

Eagles, enjoy your hair appt... I will be going to a new hair stylist here in Payson the end of June.... It was hard for me to change, I wanted to cut down the amount of time Mike has to travel to the valley. He's in Gila Bend today and returns Weds.

Kb, I hope the vaquita porpoise will thrive and grow in population. Thanks for posting.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5932 on: June 12, 2023, 02:08:05 PM »

Back from the vet with news that isn't good. Honey has a big mass in her stomach, Dr. Bolinger said she was hoping it was outside the stomach but the x-ray showed that it wasn't. She has not seen one of these that has not been cancerous. So we came home with pain meds and something to help with the throwing up, I rub it on the inside of her ear... Will be making her as comfortable and love on her as much as we can......

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #5933 on: June 12, 2023, 02:25:24 PM »

Poor Honey,  poor you!  Oh, my! Surgery not recommended?  I cannot stand to see animals suffer!  They do not understand what is going on and cannot really tell you howthey feel!   My heart goes out to all of you!

LisaG1967

« Reply #5934 on: June 12, 2023, 02:30:58 PM »

((clynn)) - Oh no,....I am so sorry!  I want to hug you and Honey!

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  SP is beautiful, and love the pic.  Thanks so much for keeping up with Peep's puffins!  Look at that lil fuzzball! 

tig - That yummy cherry bacon spice cheesy brat sounds good.  Yay for your team.

kb - Hope you got to spend time for yourself today.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5935 on: June 12, 2023, 02:37:32 PM »

LISA  Actually cloudy most of the day so far and just now hitting mid 60's  I'm in jeans and sweatshirt.  :o    Breezy

LANI  Those puffins  - from that video - have to be pretty used to negotiating the unevenness of the rocks esp in those webbed feet.  " Duryea"  Pretty -   Pronounced   Dur - yay?  or   Dur-ee-a?    That is the cutest photo of SP   LOLOL   I voted.

KB  Vaquita - very sad to be so endangered.

TIG    LOL  " berry canes encompassing the earth"  LOL

CLYNN    Oh no - such disturbing news about Honey.   Darn.   You will make her comfortable and love her to pieces.  Do you think Harley senses anything?
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5936 on: June 12, 2023, 02:48:23 PM »

some bounce

((( Clynn )))
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

« Reply #5937 on: June 12, 2023, 02:50:23 PM »

Oh {{{Clynn}}} I'm so sorry, Did they take a biopsy anyway?  :'(
Precious girl, hugs and prayers for you and family and especially Honey  :-*

karengramke

« Reply #5938 on: June 12, 2023, 03:06:52 PM »

Thunder storms from early this morning until about   noon.  It was dark as pitch but for all the theatrics I do not. Think I got much rain!
Our temperatures did go down to 86 from a predicted 92 and the humidity went from 70% to 60!  I did enjoy a nice lunch of low sodium ham on bakery rye , cottage cheese and of course, a cold glass of water on the porch!  Very pleasant with a nice breeze and a lot of birds flying about!
Hh worker driving me nuts!   Have to get rid of the vertigo so i can exercise  more and get rid of the walker and regain some independence! Oh my!
Tig, blackberry vines bout ready to encompass My house!  Not really  but they are out of control!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 03:14:31 PM by karengramke »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5939 on: June 12, 2023, 03:47:30 PM »

Lani, I hope you don't mind...

(((CLYNN))) (((Honey))), sending lots of loving your way. I couldn't say it any better than Lani already did, so I hope you don't mind if I echo her words and post to you all.   :-* :-* :-*

Oh {{{Clynn}}} I'm so sorry, Did they take a biopsy anyway?  :'(
Precious girl, hugs and prayers for you and family and especially Honey  :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center