Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470735 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5895 on: June 11, 2023, 11:46:21 AM »

Bearstudy - Lily, Jewel, Loppy, and More - UPDATE June 9, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4769-lily-jewel-loppy-and-more-update-june-9-2023.html

Paul, yearling male

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Hi Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

Lisa, I've been turning on AC late afternoon as well. It's in the 40's when we get up in the morning, and it only gets warm when the sun hits the kitchen in the afternoon. I hate cooking in a warm kitchen. Pretty birthday cake for Tsk... looking forward to pics.  ;D

{{{Tig}}} have a good day

Tsk, Aly's furniture will not arrive until the 22nd, and it will be taken to her storage unit until she finds a place. She has the funds to pay for the rest of the $$$ when it arrives. Since she had to go into her savings for more $$$ before they would leave our home, we paid for her motel stay.

Kb, Yep, he's smiling, the little guy looks pretty cocky on top of parent's head! .... YAY Chris!

Clynn, There are not very many rentals available for Aly right now. I'm going to hire someone to help me with cutting down of 4 small dying oaks and clearing overgrown brush from the area between golf course and that stream I had taken a video of this past late winter. I can rake and clean up small brush on my own. We ordered another trash bin for me to use for bagging the leaves/pine debri, etc... That'll help me keep up things on my own instead of waiting for HOA firewise clean up schedule.... Love Jody's pic of E22 and Hellgate NG2  :-*

Phyl, beautiful pic of Anthony planning for the first flight! Goodness the Quartet changes everyday!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5896 on: June 11, 2023, 12:17:20 PM »

LISA   Gorgeous cake  :o :o  Thank you.  Anxious to see those pics  ;)

TIG   Thanks - Guess I didn't realize that about where you live.

CLYNN  Thanks  Have 3 monarch caterpillars almost ready for chrysalis  :D

EAGLES   Thank you  - another beauty of a cake.

LANI   An there's my male monarch - see the two black dots on the back wings?  Thanks for the b-day wishes.   Yearlings - " Emerson, Lake and Palmer"  LOL  Interesting live update from "Taught"   esp about the new dens.  Boy, those movers are sure taking their time getting there - BUT is OK this time as she is still hunting for a place..   Glad to hear you are hiring for the big stuff in your firewise cleanup.  Having a bin always available will definitely allow "cleanup" as you see it.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5897 on: June 11, 2023, 01:03:05 PM »

Happy Bird Day tsk - I have been without my computer until now.
hope you get a birthday dinner out maybe?

tig - oof....not good on the feeding of deer nearby by neighbors...

We have a young one that has been roaming my neighborhood for months now...he apparently escaped the woodlake park area?...unfortunately people have been feeding it so now it's not afraid of humans and worse the DNR will do nothing to capture and transplant.
DNR abhors when people feed them they said...it now will probably not make it in the wild on it's own.

As you all know I am a big Don't feed wildlife person and for a reason...it usually ends up badly.

Well, puter is backed up and Chris spent a long time trying to figure out how to move a lot of my stuff to the icloud for more space.
After both of us deleted out dated files and unnecessary anymore documents, if he downloaded a newer version of Ios....according to him I'd only have 8-13 GB left in storage....

I will keep deleting pics and downloads a little at a time.

I'm not sure how much storage I need if he upgraded or not...?????

Meanwhile Chrome browser can't update itself because I'm on too old an IOS version on my Mac.

I mowed front and back, watered a titch, mulched and pulled neighbor's "stuff" infringing on my hydrangea.

Enough for now....a little at a time or 4-5 hours a day is the ticket....

So so dry here...

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5898 on: June 11, 2023, 03:48:15 PM »

Tsk, wishing you a ...

Hope you have a lovely celebration today.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5899 on: June 11, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »

Pics of the kitties as promised, of course Midnight did not want to cooperate, so I had to hold her and take the pic:
In order.... Brutus, Raven, Angus, Lizzie, Daisy, Piper and Midnight

kb - Glad that your PC is backed up and running. 

tsk and Lani - I think the cake I posted for tsk is a petit four.  Whoever made that had alot of patience and is  very talented!

Lani - Reading your post to tsk about Aly's furniture.  Glad to hear that she will be getting it on the 22nd. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5900 on: June 11, 2023, 04:01:05 PM »

KB   Dinner out was Friday night and breakfast out this AM  Tim is covering pizza for dinner tonight and then it will be over  LOL  Our big rain day turned out to be 0.2" of rain in my gauge  :P

PHYL   Thanks - You have a female monarch  LOL

LISA   LOLOL  These are great pics  Lizzie's pose is so cute - they all did really well.  Daisy is so sweet and Piper has mischief in his eyes
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5901 on: June 11, 2023, 04:06:34 PM »

KB   Dinner out was Friday night and breakfast out this AM  Tim is covering pizza for dinner tonight and then it will be over  LOL  Our big rain day turned out to be 0.2" of rain in my gauge  :P

PHYL   Thanks - You have a female monarch  LOL

LISA   LOLOL  These are great pics  Lizzie's pose is so cute - they all did really well.  Daisy is so sweet and Piper has mischief in his eyes

Thanks!

And, Angus looks just like Misty!

kbshcb

« Reply #5902 on: June 11, 2023, 04:13:33 PM »

Lisa - from your pics only...Daisy would win my heart the most.

Glad you shared these....

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5903 on: June 11, 2023, 04:18:04 PM »

bounce
We are at the local ball game. A bit cool in the shade.
I don't know what the neighbor offers... but birds, squirrels, ducks and deer show up.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #5904 on: June 11, 2023, 04:40:24 PM »

Lisa those miniature felines are too adorable.  Showed them to Jim and he thinks Piper looks like Maggie at that age.   Must agree, Angus is a ringer for his Mama.
  Thanks for sharing all that cuteness and love.
Very pretty petite four.

CLynn Tks for nests updates on Hellgate and glad to know NG2 will be the main man in Iris's life. Also for sharing Jodi's post from SWFL. Gosh! I miss her.

KB glad  Chris got the computer is back...as always not w/o short commings. Good luck. I will be doing the same on my desktop deleting /backing up lots of unwanted folders and stored 'info' and docs.
That little reptile is grinning from jaw to jaw just like it's parent.   "Guess what I just ate?"   ::)

Lani tks for Bear Study from Dr. Rogers---thank you Doc Rogers for all you do. Lotta  outdoor work ahead for you---even with help.   .🙏 's  for Aly.

Tig enjoy the game; a light sweater to toss over your shoulders

We have scheduled Thunderstorms moving in about dinner time . Suppose to last just a few hours. WE shall see ...  it's blustry and could blow over.

Dinner tonight will be Medterrainan grilled skewered shrimp, w/ roasted red pepper humus, kalamatra olives in a seasoned olive oil feta sauce, pita bread and green salad. A brew or vino.
Jim home early tomorrow so will mow and trim.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5905 on: June 11, 2023, 04:41:11 PM »

Have a  'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

#IstandwithEvan

oldguy

« Reply #5906 on: June 11, 2023, 04:54:22 PM »

Happy Birthday TSK

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5907 on: June 11, 2023, 05:27:31 PM »

OLDGUY   WOW  Great cake - all my favorite tastes  ;D  Thanks    Ironic that I have monarch eggs I'm collecting and only once have I seen a monarch flitting through my garden.  :o
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5908 on: June 11, 2023, 06:44:24 PM »

Tsk, hope you are having a great start to a new year!  Some great cakes here and old guys does look delicious!  The others are beauties and hard to tell whatthey would be like sliced! Lol.

Lisa, the kitties. Are beautiful!  Piper. Is posing as are several of the others!  Take a trip tp your mothers and drop one off!

Clynn, you are a worker!  When you finish the yard you will have to find a new hobby!

(((Lani))) and (((Aly)))!

Puff

« Reply #5909 on: June 11, 2023, 08:18:02 PM »

Happy Birthday TSK

Instead of kitties I'd like to see tsk start a naming contest for all those monarchs.  LOLOL