Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471402 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5040 on: May 17, 2023, 12:23:00 PM »

Oops
Sorry KB, passed right by (sort of)...  8)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

T40cfr403

« Reply #5041 on: May 17, 2023, 12:35:57 PM »

:o
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5042 on: May 17, 2023, 12:40:24 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

Well, I tend to reply to some posts as I get to them, when I'm catching up on reading others' posts since my last post. Since I don't usually get into the Beak Room till after lunch, most everyone else has already read and responded to what I'm just getting to, from the night before, and morning of, dontchaknow...  ;)   So, many of my posts turn out to be kind of irrelevant by the time I post them...  Oh well...  ;) ;D  I know I could read everything, and then post, but it's not my way, usually... sometimes... but not usually...  ;D ;D ;D 8)

Have a great day, Beakers!  :D :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5043 on: May 17, 2023, 12:42:07 PM »

LOLOL Tig!!  ;D ;D

LOLOL, T40!!  ;D ;D ;D

Later, gators...  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5044 on: May 17, 2023, 12:47:59 PM »

CLYNN  Love that field of flowers. :)  We were campers as children with a pop up camper.  We also ate from the cooler and Mom cooked on the camp stove  LOL  We needed to buy ice at the gas station almost daily.  Some vacation for Mom and Dad altho we did have our chores. ;) ;)

PHYL  I know it is toxic to cats.  Lulu doesn't go near it.  She doesn't go near any flowers unlike Lucy.   It will be pitched soon as it was part of a flower arrangement someone sent when I was in the hospital.  I just don't want plants any more.   Only plants I have now are my Xmas cactus and a Norfolk Island pine .  You might have better luck at a nursery for the Blanket flower.

KB  Maybe Chris can come to the vet visit?

TIG  You're just making the best of a rest day - Advised!  ;)

LANI   Thanks for Lynn's report.  Jewel is huge  LOL  Beautiful coloring in the grackle.

EAGLES  Can't beat it a day with a best friend forever!! :-*

T40   ;) ;)
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5045 on: May 17, 2023, 02:53:29 PM »

Baz, who doesn’t do that?   Not to worry!
Lani, printer works but truthfully I have not had to use it yet. 
Jewel is a real beauty!  Lisa, you are lucky you do not have these 3 cubs instead of the kitties, running around the house!   4 more days and relief?
Eagles, nice day for you.
Just spoke to the cardiologist office and I have to continue with 64 ounces of water a day, weighing every am and low sodium!  Feet up!  Ugh. 
Dark as pitch out!  Rain just came thru and is supposed to stay around for a while. Turned the sprinkler system off!   That is a good thing!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5046 on: May 17, 2023, 03:34:44 PM »

{{KB}} Good luck w/ Ollieman / vet today. Hope all's well. Awesome 'smoke moon.  The flyaway had the same this  AM. ..usually sign of fire some where, I think.

{{{Lisa}}} maybe when Saturday rolls around Monday will be here before you can say 'Bob's your uncle."  Kittens on solids---poop firms up.  ::)  LOL

Tig a drive , how nice. Hope it went well.

{{{Lani}}}
tks for the Bear Study from Dr. Rogers---Jewel, Lily and cubs look great ! T/Y Sr. Rogers for all you do.  Memorial Day will be here beore you know it---safe travels for Aly.
Hi Eagles hope you had a great  visit w/ old friend

Hi Bazi

LOL T40

Tsk house plants can be very time consuming.

Hi Karen hope your day is going well.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5047 on: May 17, 2023, 03:38:28 PM »

Lookie what I found in my laundry room door organizer !
Just knew it was there---somewhere.  ;D
Last winter's frost got them. Shouldn't have though.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #5048 on: May 17, 2023, 04:12:45 PM »

Home again, Home again, jiggedy jig!

I did get Chris to ride with us which always helps with the non-stop howling coming from Ollie who is secure in his kennel but as you know, just hates driving.

Totally serene however on the way home! ;)

Vet said he looks fabulous....he's 8 ya know...teeth have no tartar, coat looks good, ears/eyes/heart/lungs etc......he's a young 8 year old...Just to watch for any joint issues down the road..as he's long bodied and low to the ground....yeah!...good for another year other than toe nail clippings....same place, different person of course....Annual heartworm prevention injection followed.

Doc said he's so happy to see Ollie man as he's such a kisser.....apparently, they have a lot of nipping dogs these days.....He attributes it to the Pandemic?....who knows, I personally now think it's starting to get overly  used as a reason for all kinds of things, but what do I know...Just happy Ollie was a rare and delightful patient for Doc and tech.

We have a serious epidemic of Canine Flu in our state....he doesn't recommend Ollie get near any other dog...we don't anyway, but okay...we are safe.

Phyl - I saw that plant at my go to nursery this morning...gorgeous if you find it.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5049 on: May 17, 2023, 04:40:44 PM »

Iris and her catch of the day!  8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5050 on: May 17, 2023, 04:50:06 PM »

PHYL   Yes plants are time consuming.  Trying to simplify my life  ::)  That's funny Phyl.  You knew you had it organized somewhere  LOL

KB   Great health report for Ollie - You take good care of him and he gets a lot of exercise.  So funny, Ollie puts up such a stink on his way there and yet vet gets all kinds of kisses.  LOL

LANI  Beautiful pic of Iris - So clear.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5051 on: May 17, 2023, 04:53:47 PM »

Lani - Thank you  :)  I hope I feel better Monday, too.  We also have wondered how Misty will act when it is time to turn the kittens over to AC.  One thing I have noticed about her, is when a kitten gets out the pool and away from the others, she doesn't go get them and bring them back.  I would have thought her instincts would have told her to pick that kitten up. 

E4E - Hope you had a great day with your friend.   :)

T40 - LOL!

baz - Waving to ya!

karen;D ;D

tsk - Reading your comment to Phyl about plants being time consuming...I agree.  I don't do the whole front flower bed anymore.  Home Depot usually has big pots filled with Vinca's for $26 a piece.  Last year, I bought 3, and it looked just as nice in my front bed with the pots sitting in it.

Phyl - Yes, another exhausting thought...kittens on solid foods and clean up duty!

kb - Sounds like a good vet visit for Ollie.

Lani - Wow, that is some catch for Iris!

kbshcb

« Reply #5052 on: May 17, 2023, 05:23:00 PM »

PHYL   Yes plants are time consuming.  Trying to simplify my life  ::)  That's funny Phyl.  You knew you had it organized somewhere  LOL

KB   Great health report for Ollie - You take good care of him and he gets a lot of exercise.  So funny, Ollie puts up such a stink on his way there and yet vet gets all kinds of kisses.  LOL

LANI  Beautiful pic of Iris - So clear.

Yes, tsk....he keeps us in stitches!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5053 on: May 17, 2023, 06:43:15 PM »

Hi Beakers!
Bella is gone and I have rested with my adult beverage...  Bella, Kelsey and I went to lunch with Olivia today, Ed, Erin and I have all worked with her at WF (I actually hired her in 1998). We had lunch at the Des Moines Country Club, Bella called it a 'fancy' place! She is from Taiwan, she worked for Liz Claiborne and met her Iowan husband on a flight from San Francisco. She is my age, her husband is a few years older and has just been diagnosed with early onset alzheimer's. Erin is her computer consultant!

Lani, love the picture of Iris and her fish! She sure catches big ones! Dang, I wish she would fancy one of the male suiters... but maybe she is enjoying the single life.  ;D It's good to know that Jewel has been spotted! I hope they eventually see them all!

Lisa, I have had  at least a couple or three cats that had kittens in my lifetime, I almost think they are relieved when they don't have to let them feed all the time, because if they are not separated they will try to nurse as long as they can! I never thought they pined for them...

Phyl, I can't believe you found the flower tag! And it was the variety that I posted, the Arizona Sun blanket flower! I am going to look at Lowes and see if they have any!

tsk, we had a tent that attached to the back of the station wagon, it took 3 days to drive from Phoenix to Bone Gal IL.

kb, Harley and Honey cry all the way to and from the vet and they don't give any kisses while there!  I had a cat years ago that howled like he was being tortured while riding in the car... does Ollie cry on the way home too?

karen, I bet that water is doing good! Plus, you are getting more exercise too!

Raptor Resource Project - May 16, 2023  Here is DH2 snoozing after a meal.  HM and HD are continuing to provide all the food DH2 needs to grow into a great eagle!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5054 on: May 17, 2023, 06:48:57 PM »

LISA   I would think that she will have made the break with them after nursing stops.  Lulu was a new Mama - her nipples were even still large and red when we got her.  Actually we were talking about indoor plants BUT  I also am cutting down on what I do outdoors as well.  I have one less porch pot that I would have had to plant and I have 1 less hanging pot.  I'm not making my hanging pots when I can buy one at Jewel for $14.00! Like your idea of just the colorful pots vs the hands and knees planting. :)

CLYNN  How nice to have lunch at the "fancy place" with Olivia  :D- She sounds like a really interesting person and so sad about her hubby.  I've never seen a set up like that with the tent off the back of the station wagon.  Makes sense!
Chicagoland