Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471205 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4275 on: April 27, 2023, 08:44:48 AM »

Lani, yes, there are definitely 6 goslings in the picture! I found this info on explore.org. I somehow missed that they had placed the 6th one in the water with the others and then retrieved it!  I marvel at how much they look like ducklings, but grow into those big bodies (and big butts) and that long neck! I love watching their butts waddle when they cross the roads around here. We have many that stay here all year and this time of year we often have to stop and let them cross the road.

'Within just a few minutes of MG’s departure, all of the goslings had joined their parents on the ground. Our camera operators were only able to find five of them, so we headed into the underbrush to find #6 hidden under a log. We tried reuniting little six with its family, but it appeared to have an injured leg and was not able to swim well enough to rejoin them. We retrieved it from the creek.'

Phyl, the two geese in the nest now are all riled up about something! If they stay and lay eggs what will we call them?  ::) Two Harbors, sleeping Mom... Sweet, sweet picture of HM and DH2...

tsk, gorgeous flowers! 50 now, high 72!!! Yes, you are right about the 6th gosling, I missed that RRP had put it in the water with the rest! Last year Ed got me a start of a white lilac bush from a friend, it is doing well!

kb, cool whale picture!

Lisa, posting for you...we love seeing pics of Misty and her babies!

SWFL Eagles - Gracie Shepard - The beautiful eaglets waiting for breakfast this morning.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #4276 on: April 27, 2023, 09:20:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I don't think I even got around to saying good night, or commenting yesterday evening.  I was tired. 

kb - Glad to read that the Dale Hollow rescue was a success!

tsk - I am guessing you found a video for the goose jump?  I seen that RRP posted several on their FB page.

baz - All 7 have gained weight.  The smallest who was first born weighed 3.35oz is now 3.85oz.  We are going to weigh them again tonight.  They all seem to be nursing, and Misty has now even started to leave them for a few minutes to stretch her legs and comes right back. 

karen - I hope all goes well with you when Mickey leaves.  I have pet Misty and babies for you!

clynn - Love the pics of Bella, looks like a fun day! Kitties are doing good.  Aww, thanks for posting the pic!

Phyl - Thanks!!  Great pics from the cams and thanks for info on geese. 

Lani - I have to say, last night was a little better sleep.  Only work up every two hours with mew mew mew's, instead of every hour.  :D 

tsk - Pretty flowers in your morning greeting.  Send some of your sunshine this way!

Puff - I think that is a new MG & FG on N2B.  Maybe Goose cam part 2 in the making...  ;D

kb - Cool morning pic.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4277 on: April 27, 2023, 10:42:15 AM »

Caught this sweet picture this morning while begining my cam rounds.

Decorah Eagles
Apr 27, 2023 7:04 AM
Camera Time: Apr 27, 2023 7:04 AM CDT
Birchwoman

sweet  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4278 on: April 27, 2023, 10:51:54 AM »

Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest - Harriet and Swoops 2 eggs!  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Phyl, Aly lived in Norway for three years and was awed by last night's video. It was really something! ... Thanks for RRP pics and updates.

Kb, awesome morning pic!

{{{Lisa}}} I imagine you are tired.... little mews must be a precious sound.  :-*

Clynn, thanks ... love Misty's new pic, the sweet baby laying across her paws is precious.  :-*  ... I miss having lilacs, I bet your white one is gorgeous. The two SWFL eaglets are doing great!  :-*

Aly received her medical certification to work in Oregon. Arizona has yet to answer Aly's requests. Oregon answered her less than five days.
She's doing online training for the next two days. She'll be moving around the 19th or so of May. She starts work June 1st. She's looking for a rental
right now and will store her things in U-Haul pods. She will inform her supervisor about her move and give her two weeks notice.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4279 on: April 27, 2023, 12:57:40 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :D

Clynn, good to get the details on that 6th gosling being in the creek and then gathered up to vet. Will Talon have any kind of "day camp" or organized activities during the summer? You will be busy keeping both of them busy this summer! Lots of fun, and keep you on the go, I'm sure!  :) Thanks for posting Lisa's pic of Misty and the kittens.  :) :-*

Tsk, I don't know if you meant to address your last post to me instead of to Karen - in reference to weights/bands vs. sit/stand/sit exercise?? LOL, I'm guessing you meant it for me, since I had posted about maybe getting some ankle/leg weights and/or bands. Yes, I can do that sit/stand/sit exercise easily, without using hands or arms in any way. That is good to do, and thank you for reminding me of that exercise. I used to watch the PBS series on TV, "Sit and Be Fit." They had lots of great stuff!!  I just don't remember them all! LOL. I need to go online to look look them up again. But I want more options for further strengthening my other leg muscles, in addition to my quads, without stressing my knees - adductors/abductors/hamstrings, and some lower leg muscle groups, also, but emphasis on upper leg muscle group strengthening. P.S. I noticed in my post to you last night, I said "knix" - LOL - instead of "nix."  ???  The power of TV advertising, I think?  ;)  LOL! It wasn't one of my many typos; it was a brain fart and not paying attention... oh lawww...  But those TV ads for Knix "under things" do look tempting - I haven't looked into them, but I bet they're pricey.

Lisa, awww factor is high on that pic of Misty and her kittens!  :-* :-*  I'm glad they are doing so well. Misty is making a good 1st-time Mom.  :) I hope you can sleep longer stretches soon!  You didn't say... I'm guessing you haven't seen any sign of that placenta yet?

Lani, glad things are moving along for Aly. Lots going on with your family - best wishes for you all.  :)

Phyl, LOL on you not wanting to be seen teetering from vertigo on your walks. And, of course, no one wants to worry about taking a tumble, either. When I took walks during my vertigo, I teetered, too. LOL!  Sometimes, a lot, depending on how severe any of my bouts of vertigo were at the time.  I sometimes wondered if my neighbors thought I was tipsy, or outright drunk. Ha ha... because sometimes those "teeters" were more like staggers, or a very crooked walking line. LOL!  Oh well, give 'em something to talk about!  ;D  ;D  Sometimes I used my cane, just to have a steadying 3rd "leg" on those vertigo-affected walks.

Tig, hope you're better and better.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

I'm o-f-t to wash and cut! my hair!  My hair is sooo long! I haven't had it cut or styled in a salon since Thursday, March 12, 2020 - just before the first big covid weekend starting all the closings and special business rules at the start of the covid pandemic - in mid-March 2020!! I have cut my own hair ever since! My salon ended up closing permanently, unfortunately. I haven't gone looking for a new stylist yet...ugh... I hate having to do that - I have very tricky hair. LOL! But I haven't cut my hair in a looong time now, and it's bugging the heck out of me. So... it's gonna happen today! Yikes! It's not safe for me to have scissors when my hair is this long.  :o ;) :D

See you later, alligators!  :)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 01:03:03 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #4280 on: April 27, 2023, 02:55:41 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9L_rTjuxI

12 plus minute video of Dale Hollow eaglet rescue, posted on the MN DNR nest fb page.

Thank goodness it's on You tube....a nest camera view, not the go pro helmet cam....

LisaG1967

« Reply #4281 on: April 27, 2023, 03:14:51 PM »

baz - Enjoy your wash and cut!  I know what I am looking for, but I haven't seen it come out yet.  She doesn't act sick or anything, so I am assuming that maybe she has passed it. 

Lani - Congrats to Aly on her medical certification to work in Oregon!  Will you be able to go out and visit her once she is settled?

kb - Getting ready to watch the video, thanks!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4282 on: April 27, 2023, 03:32:37 PM »

PHYL  No specific time for walk - Generally tho in the AM to get it over with  LOL

KB  Love the perspective on the whale and diver.  Great rescue video!!~!

LISA  Yes I did watch the jump video.  Still nervous  LOL  Sounds like the nursery is doing very well under your watchful eyes!!

LANI   Aly lived in Norway - How cool  :o  Re Aly's move.  At least the Convention will be over.

BAZI  I meant it to you  :-[ :-[   Never fear - I didn't even know Knix was a thing  LOLOL   You are very brave to cut you own hair   :o  I do my bangs but that's about it  ;)
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #4283 on: April 27, 2023, 04:01:08 PM »

Boy oh Boy - What an interesting film/pics.  Nick kept my attention, glued to the screen.  Now that type of work, if they ever get back to such a rarity again, would get me to watch a movie. (Haven't watched any movie in maybe even 20 years.)  This was non-fiction, no blown up buildings or people, formative, entertaining, and all true on-the-spot action.  That's what I believe is meant by entertainment?  My only  complaint - it was far too short.  Maybe we'll get a prolog when released back into nest with sib.

And how about that Nick !  Has it hit him yet about the size of his international audience?   Tons of thanks and kisses for all those involved, and a big smackaroo to the nest guardians for relenting on the rescue.

P

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #4284 on: April 27, 2023, 04:23:22 PM »

DHEC rescue!!!  Fishing line removed  :D :D :D

Thank you for your prayers beaker friends!  Our little ones are going to be just fine...thank you kbs for all of the info and update information you provided for us!💜

DHEC rescue

https://youtu.be/pm9L_rTjuxIvia
Dale Hollow Eagle Camera
April 26th, 2023: One Dale Hollow eaglet was been rescued and is under the care of the American Eagle Foundation (AEF). The remaining eaglet appears to be physically healthy and remains in the nest.

Episode 7 USFWS, TWRA, AEF Fishing Line Update
https://youtu.be/qAeom8EKhsM
President of the Dale Hollow Marina Association.  Dan Elbert from the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  Mike Jones, Nacy Zagaya, and Crystal Slusher from the American Eagle Foundation.  Rusty Boles from the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency,  all talk about the current situation with the hope of clearing up some misinformation, and concerns.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 04:30:23 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #4285 on: April 27, 2023, 04:32:34 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9L_rTjuxI

12 plus minute video of Dale Hollow eaglet rescue, posted on the MN DNR nest fb page.

Thank goodness it's on You tube....a nest camera view, not the go pro helmet cam....

thank you so much sweet KBS!  :) I am so happy! As you all know, it was extremely frustrating and heart breaking not knowing if anyone was going to help them.  Our voices were heard and because of that these little ones have a chance for a beautiful life! :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 04:34:18 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4286 on: April 27, 2023, 06:12:13 PM »

Did anyone happen to watch the Secrets of the Elephants series Nat Geo?   So very heart wrenching and eye opening for me.  Liked the 4th episode as it had a somewhat more positive spin to it.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #4287 on: April 27, 2023, 06:24:36 PM »

Just saw Amy's post on RRP's FB page....#6 did not make it  :'(  Had a severe spinal injury.

tsk - Yes, the kitty nursery is doing well...the smallest one (first born) is 4.78oz, and biggest one (last born) is 5.87oz., all the others in between those weights.  They are gaining weight.
Oh, sad Nat Geo series?

Lori - Hey girl, how ya feeling? 

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4288 on: April 27, 2023, 06:51:19 PM »

Kb awesome humpback whale/diver

Clynn could call this new geese pair MG 2 and FG2.; Handsome eaglets at
SWFL Eagles Tks Gracie Shepard

Lisa No doubt---coffee makes it all better esp with a side of  purring kitty LOL   Y/W for the geese info this AM
That is a sweet photo of MomCat Misty and her kittensm,  you  posted on FB.  :-*

Lani
  When big bro #1,  Larry,  was in Air Force he always drew the artic/fridged climates---Eielson AFB, Fairbanks, AK and Naval Air Station Keflavik, Reykjavik, Iceland to name two. He saw many , many wonderful /awesome Aurora Borealis while stationed in those two bases.
 tks for update on Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest  w/ good snap of egglets.

Hi Baz my vertigo is in the inner ear( not the brain) from the cervical spine surgery I had 5+ yrs ago. A high speed drill (3000 rps) was used to attache a 6" long titanium plate to spinal column C-3 to C-6. Inspite/dispite of doing the Cawthorn exercise twice daily those crystals in the inner ear (right side worse than left)  are still out of place.
Indeed it does depend on how bad  the spells are---and other influences.  I'm always nervous about decending flights of stairs.  ::)
I inherited my mother's cane--I keep it in a closet as my bum R. knee doesn't like it, bcomes a crutch  and no strength training if I use a 'crutch'.
Really cute 'gator' this evening.  :)

KB many tks for the YouTube link to Dale Hallow eaglet rescue. As you/Lori say, 'Finally, ...someone listened..."

Lori/KB fantastic videos of Dale Hallow Eaglets intervention. Grateful  for the nest cam view and not a helmet cam view.  Thrilled to read the eaglets are doing just fine.  :-*

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4289 on: April 27, 2023, 06:55:56 PM »

Did anyone happen to watch the Secrets of the Elephants series Nat Geo?   So very heart wrenching and eye opening for me.  Liked the 4th episode as it had a somewhat more positive spin to it.

The May 2023 issue of National Geographic magazine is 85% devoted to articles on elephants of which the series supports. This will be a most interesting read/photo layout!!
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan