Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470546 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4095 on: April 23, 2023, 11:53:26 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday !!!

Lisa, that's how I felt yesterday morning. Sending prayers for Misty's babies.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #4096 on: April 23, 2023, 11:53:47 AM »

Do you think little DH2 has enough in the cupboard?  Even using one fishy for a pillow.    ;D

P

karengramke

« Reply #4097 on: April 23, 2023, 12:07:03 PM »

Yea Misty!   Good job mid wife and mid husband!   Sounds like 6 might have been the correct number!

Fishing line….since this is a human caused problem .i thought there could and should be intervention! 

Great shot from n1!

I had Putter, Bogey and Sassy!  They died in that order, were aged in that order but equallly loved be me!   Sassy is my avatar!   If I were stronger I would have another.  So many in need of rescue!

kbshcb

« Reply #4098 on: April 23, 2023, 12:19:39 PM »

Now, 6!....I told Lisa I hope that's it.....I'll let you know.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4099 on: April 23, 2023, 12:33:39 PM »

Well...
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Ginger52

• E Central IA
« Reply #4101 on: April 23, 2023, 12:48:28 PM »

Hi, Beakers.  I used to watch the Dale Hollow nest but now I just follow their Facebook page.  It's a really sad situation at their nest right now as you know.  Here is an excerpt from a post on the page two days ago.  I've seen this same info. about their no intervention policy posted a number of times in the past.

"The nest location is not accessible. It is located on a steep hill approximately 90 to 100 feet in the air surrounded by a forest of other trees. It is viewable from the river by boat with high powered binoculars and camera lenses.  DHEC is only permitted to be there to service the cameras when the nesting season is over and there are no eagles present.  The camera's are located way above and off to the side of the actual nest structure. When they are up by the camera's they can not reach the nest. There is no way to climb this tree from the bottom without risking the physical structure of the nest. The risk to humans and damage to the physical structure of the nest and the eaglets is very high. There is no ability to get in any type of boom equipment to this nest."

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4102 on: April 23, 2023, 01:04:09 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :D

It's one bee-yu-tee-ful Spring day here!  :D

Had some stormy weather last night, but nothing really severe here and no damage... rotating storms not far away, but last I heard no bad damage there. I hope all the Beakers were safe from stormy weather - sounds like it from what I've read so far.

BL, I saw on TV about some scary severe storm 'round about NJ way, not too far from some abodes there I have heard tell about. Don't have any idea where you and Pip were camping, but sounds like your storm was a frightful humdinger. Glad you're safe. Hope Pip had a spare pair if skivvies!  ;)

Preliminary storm reports from yesterday:
https://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/reports/yesterday.html

Lisa, WOO HOOOOO!!!! Sounds like Misty is doing great!! Yay!!! Those kitties said we're busting out of here as fast as we can! LOL!  I hope Misty and All the kittens are well, and I can't wait to hear the final number. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  Bet it's going to be 6!  ;) ;D  Either way, I hope you call and ask to speak to that pissy vet Monday who told you Misty was preggers with 3 kittens, and you told him the other vet in his office told you there were 6, and tell him how many she had. AND, I hope you ask him what he thinks about that?!?!?!  ;D  Did Bandit and Jeff and you all pace together?  Hugs to you all, and let the wild and crazy kitten fun begin!!!  :D

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

« Reply #4103 on: April 23, 2023, 01:16:36 PM »

Oh Mama!!!  ;D :-*

Lani

« Reply #4104 on: April 23, 2023, 01:17:04 PM »

4/23 - Royal Albatross
The latest portrait video of SP chick.
     https://twitter.com/i/status/1649977158159458305
He is looking fab! Taken yesterday afternoon via the #RoyalCam

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Good morning Beakers! I have quite a few pages to get caught up with. I was very tired last night, ended up taking a cat nap on my desk and did not finish a post.
It'll take a couple of days for me to catch up with sleep. LOL!

Lori, Happy to hear the good news of your uncle.....  prayers for Dale Hollow eaglets  :'(

Clynn, a fresh clean computer armoire for your new pc. I bet that was a chore. I pray the goslings have an easier time this year. Such indecision for the longest time. But, it is the most precious moment to be able to watch.  ;D :-*

Tsk, I read your post about Barb seeing CROW and Sanibel, very sad  :'(. ... I've seen their facebook pics, they're busy as can be and looking forward.... sweet pic of Lulu, love her coloring. 

T40, great videos... the dog protecting the child was awesome... James Webb, I shared that with hubby.

Kb, I just saw your pic of your neighbor's backyard. I wonder if they had all that hidden under the snow this winter.  :o I'd hang a screen to block the view of their backyard. UGH. Who wants to see that when stepping outside... amazing video of Badger and Fox.

{{{Karen}}}  bless {{{Mickey}}} ... will she return later this summer?

Clynn, I wonder if my hummers would use the darling Hummingbird nest you posted yesterday. They build their nests in the pine junipers I can find them at all... I don't think Uncle Dudley was available on Hawaiian stations. CBS was the only channel available for awhile. Then I remember when we had two channels, NBC followed... what a sweet pic of DH2 and mom taken by SMB. That reminds me of Minnesota Harmon when he was returned to the nest and his mom's joy when seeing him again. I'll never forget those days.. I pray Harmon's is having a happy life!

MNBound Eagles Reunion Mom & Dad Return to the Nest 5-7-12

May 7, 2012
Dad & Mom return to the nest and feed Harmon. Dad arrived at the nest's edge first. The eaglet spent the previous night alone on the nest. Harmon was trapped in the nest, weak, badly bruised with open wounds infested with maggots and removed for treatment on May 4. The eaglet was placed back in the nest on May 6 at 430pm. The adults didn't return to the nest until May 7 at 700pm.
Rescue video,   Many thanks to the people who issued the rescue permits & The Raptor Center for their compassionate response.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ccL42FTBIA

MNBound Eagles Harmon Returns Home 5-6-12
Raptor Center returns The 25 day old eaglet "Harmon" is placed in the the nest after being removed on 5-4-12. Trapped in the nest, it was weak & badly bruised with open wounds infested with maggots. Harmon was taken to The Raptor Center for treatment. Rescue video,   
Many thanks to the people who issued the rescue permits & The Raptor Center for their compassionate response.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y03qbiA89DE

Tig, Congratulations to Camper's grandson's birthday and turning point in his life. I hope you're feeling better today  :)

Phyl, great update pics from yesterday's post. Gorgeous flamingo.... Thanks for Amy's blog... thanks for Cat's in Navy history.... awww I'm sorry the Sauces egg wasn't viable.

LisaG1967

« Reply #4105 on: April 23, 2023, 01:31:36 PM »

Hi Beakers…..

We have 6 kittens!!! 

One solid black, two grey tabby, and 3 that look like Misty 😍

Misty had a hard time delivering kitten #5, as it was the biggest one at 3.70 oz.  It was the solid black one.

Not the greatest pic with the color of the blanket but here is one.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4106 on: April 23, 2023, 01:41:03 PM »

Hi Beakers…..

We have 6 kittens!!! 

One solid black, two grey tabby, and 3 that look like Misty 😍

Misty had a hard time delivering kitten #5, as it was the biggest one at 3.70 oz.  It was the solid black one.

Not the greatest pic with the color of the blanket but here is one.

Oh so very cute the little darlings--- :-* :-* :-*

Misty, sweetheart, you did great!!
And so did your midwife and Jeff!
Applause to all...take curtain call Y'all.
Love and purrs Phyl and Maggie
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #4107 on: April 23, 2023, 01:56:46 PM »

Lani - No, not hidden under the snow...I shoveled snow off my decks all winter so I knew what was out there....this is a common recurring nightmare with different objects depending on the time of year.

I can't hang anything out there through the window as i have a gas grill very close...but, I view this when walking in my back yard or even just taking the garbage out.....not possible to hide the view.

Yah, Lisa!....glad all is well and she's done.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4108 on: April 23, 2023, 02:36:44 PM »

KB  Do we know the location of the birth? Where did Misty settle on for the blessed event?  6 now - Well that was predicted.

TIG  Nice family weekend for you.  ;D

LANI  Be sure and put a big towel underneath that tub of fishes.  LOL

LISA   GREAT pic - what an experience for you - Where was the birthing room?  What kind of scale did you use - one from AC?  How is Bandit doing?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #4109 on: April 23, 2023, 03:48:17 PM »

Update!!!!!!

We have a tiny 7th one, another solid black one and trying to get it to nurse.