Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471114 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4020 on: April 21, 2023, 06:05:47 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4021 on: April 21, 2023, 06:33:13 PM »

KB   I couldn't even read that whole article.  That poor eagle.  Don't know how it can survive.

PHYL   Good screen clip  :)
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #4022 on: April 21, 2023, 07:05:50 PM »

Kb - Oh that poor eagle!  I hope someone can find it, catch it and help it. 

Phyl - Great pics from the cams, thanks for goose hatch reminder, and blog post. 

Lori - No kitties yet.  Prayers for your uncle!

tsk - Glad to hear Tim is doing good, and you too!  Don’t over do it tho! 

Have a good night, everyone!

karengramke

« Reply #4023 on: April 21, 2023, 08:59:44 PM »

Night all,  prayers for Russ and the eagle.
Prayers for all wildlife and the poor grounded loons.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #4024 on: April 21, 2023, 10:01:40 PM »

Hi Beakers,

Lani - Thank you for all the well wishes.  Hope all of your family is doing well.

Karen - Good for you in choosing the plants you'd like in your yard - you deserve to have someone else do the planting!

BL - You & Pip have a great trip!  I've always loved Santana - thank you.

Hi Eburg!

Phyl - You & Jim take care  :-* {{Phyl & Jim}}

Clynn - Thanks for Uncle Dudley remembrance, but I have never heard of him. :(  Thank you for the pic and info!

Tsk - We will leave our house at 2:00am on Tuesday bright and early (or should I say 'dark' and early! ;)  Glad that Tim is doing well!!

Kb - That is a cactus?  Oh no, just saw the pic of your neighbors 'junk yard'. :o   I can't imagine anyone having a yard like that. :( ::)

OG - I get my prescriptions from Costco too - really good prices.

LisaG - You are getting ever closer to being a Grandma to your kittens!!  Misty will be surprising all of us pretty soon.

Tig - Wow - seeing a juvie BE - very exciting!!

Baz - Happy Friday to you too! :)

Lori - It is always nice to see you in the Beak! ;D

Karen - Yes - make sure you get help that you need, as you, of course want to stay in your own home.

Today was not a good day around our household.  Last night Star didn't eat her last small meal for the night, and then worse, today she did not eat anything.  It's been so sad to see her not eat any of her favorite things; we tried a few of her favorite treats;  small bits of sausage, small bits of salami, small bits of rotiserri chicken - Nope, she would not have any of it.  She spit up clear stuff a couple of times in the back yard,  and her breathing is labored.  I cried a lot today.  I might not be on here in the morning.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #4026 on: April 22, 2023, 12:10:06 AM »

Today was not a good day around our household.  Last night Star didn't eat her last small meal for the night, and then worse, today she did not eat anything.  It's been so sad to see her not eat any of her favorite things; we tried a few of her favorite treats;  small bits of sausage, small bits of salami, small bits of rotiserri chicken - Nope, she would not have any of it.  She spit up clear stuff a couple of times in the back yard,  and her breathing is labored.  I cried a lot today.  I might not be on here in the morning.

{{{Eagles}}} I'm sorry, I pray she will feel better tomorrow.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #4027 on: April 22, 2023, 12:18:43 AM »

Hatch watch for Decorah Goose Cam begins  tomorrow,  4-22-23

YAY! Great news!

Lani

« Reply #4028 on: April 22, 2023, 12:20:23 AM »

KB   That cactus is crazy different.  WOW  Just googled it and it is native to central Mexico.   Is that your neighbor's yard???  :o :o

Yes, direct neighbor viewable by me whenever I'm in my porch or back yard.

er, um her front yard isn't much better, but I have a row of arbors somewhat blocking my view..driving by, not so much!

Hmm, if only Mexico, I guess Lani hasn't seen one in AZ?..

Kb, no, I haven't! At first glance I thought it was a poor dog that was being rescued and needed severe grooming.  :(

Lani

« Reply #4029 on: April 22, 2023, 12:21:19 AM »

I was checking some cams a bit earlier and thought this such a tender/sweet photo op. So I snapped it!

Decorah Eagles
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 PM
Camera Time: Apr 21, 2023 4:36 PM CDT
Birchwoman

Oh Phyl, very sweet  :-*

Lani

« Reply #4030 on: April 22, 2023, 12:57:53 AM »

Lori, sending prayers for Russ, and for you, take care.

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville, SWFL Eaglets, Eagle's Star, DNR and Trio nest. 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Star, SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

oldguy

« Reply #4031 on: April 22, 2023, 12:58:12 AM »

Good Caturday Morning Beakers

I'm 101% SURE that you will LAUGH with Funny and cute moments between CAT and their HUMAN   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O3aYDNpp0o

Maru inflates when he wears a harness   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6bDS1e35XM

Another fly-over with Juan Browne
California Flooding UPDATE Tulare Lake Fly Over 20 April 2023   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNoIYcG82aI

Another great with the sound of Santana
Gary Moore - The Messiah Will Come Again (Montreux 1990)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMdbsmuhLZ0
(Gary died in 2011 at the age of 58 from a heart attack)

A new release from Home Free
Home Free & Brooke Eden - Delta Dawn   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX8FE8lGdEc

Bellamy takes the lead vocals
Quarantine Kids play "We Got the Beat"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2VbOQiyBOE

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #4032 on: April 22, 2023, 04:03:18 AM »

Happy Earth Day Everybirdy.
I celebrated the first Earth Day 1970 on Okinawa.  I think it was a Saturday then too.  Saturday on Okinawa usually meant snorkeling on coral reefs with the widest variety of fish I've ever seen.  Here in AgLand Iowa, not so much!!   I'll be watching nature near Decorah and LaCrosse on Explore/RRP cuz the weather here is lousy and I got chores to do.  If it was nice I'd go to Decorah and down a beer (or two...) at Dixie's.
Had my second (and last! .... ;) ::) ) surgery for Cataracts these past few weeks, and I now can see clearly and have more color in my life.  Didn't realize how blind I'd become until after the repair work, although failing the vision test for my driver's license last November was a red flag!  ::) .  I recommend the surgery to everybirdy if you are told you need it by your eye-doctor.  I'm pretty excited about my birding future and sight-seeing again.
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4033 on: April 22, 2023, 06:16:50 AM »

Good Caturday Morning Beakers!

eburg, at my last eye exam nearly 2 years ago the doc told me I had the beginnings of catatacts. Now I think he will tell me at this appt that I need the surgery! My vision has gotten a bit cloudy this last year, and I don't like it!

oldguy, that was a very good video on cats and their humans! The flooding in CA! Oh my!

Lani, goslings today? I remember when we were all watching Eaglecrest, when Wilma's goslings jumped...

Phyl, The Sauces eagles are a beautiful couple!

E4E, hugs for you and Star...one thing you can be sure of, she knows she is dearly loved and so do you...

I spent most of yesterday getting ready for my new pc! I have a computer armoire, it is big, and I haven't emptied it and cleaned behind it for a few years. I have to totally empty it so we can move it.  Egad, it was bad! Anyway, it's all clean and I got rid of a lot o stuff! Now I am ready for Erin to come and set up my new pc!

Happy Earth Day!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4034 on: April 22, 2023, 06:31:05 AM »

Good Morning ...Happy Caturday !

'Pinkie the Guinea Pig and Perky the Kitten Tottenahm London,

Now  48 F cloudy .Today 67F mostly sunny. And, tonight 37F  c lear skies.

Thanks for the videos OG---LOL ; haven't talked to Dan in a while think I'll give him a call /find out how he's doing w/ those floods

Clynn today's the day for the new PC and you're all set

{{{Eagles}}}

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan