Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471401 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2460 on: March 06, 2023, 11:50:23 PM »

Oldguy, Looks like you had a fun night of cards. I read the instructions to the game, my MIL would have liked it. She had a regular Canasta group.... poor Simon  ;D. .. enjoyed listening to Molly Tuttle & Tommy Emmanuel... always enjoy the Trio... heartwarming and yet sad story about Bubby, he probably was heartbroken when his owner died. Happy for his new life with his new owner.

Lori, thank you for posting Jackie & Shadow's history, pics and updates. It's sad about the losses they have endured over the years... and yet, they go forward... Thank you for posting Derek's Farmer's cam stars Bonnie and Clyde! They are so beautiful...  I forgot it's time for their nest. I'll put their nest up for Mike, he enjoyed watching them last year. Especially, since the nest is in Kansas. Take care  :-*

Clynn, the 4 legged tree is gorgeous, thanks for history... I loved eating candy cigarettes. I never had the desire to try the real thing. Both parents were smokers, and Mike was a 4 pack a day smoker.

Tig, take care

Baz, Mike is very hopeful about the Jayhawk's seeding, but, they've been up and down this year. Great teams in Big 12, it'll be tough.. We talked about UNC after Saturday's game, Mike think they pull out big wins in ACC this week and will play in the tourney. Did you watch Michigan and Indiana? Great game. But, win or lose, what fun we will have watching! I wonder what the Cinderella teams will be. They play with so much heart. God, I love this time of year.  ;D

Kb, you'll have to stack the snow like they do at Mammoth Lake.  :(

{{{gentle hugs Tsk}}} Welcome home. I pray you're having a peaceful sleep.

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2461 on: March 07, 2023, 06:33:54 AM »

Everyone ...

55  F .  High of 64F clear skies .  Evening/night 43F and clear.

{{Tsk}} slow and easy

Oldguy lovely story of Bubby such a heartwarming ending w/ new human

« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 06:41:59 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2462 on: March 07, 2023, 06:36:34 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Mar 7, 2023 6:34 AM
Camera Time: Mar 7, 2023 6:34 AM CST

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2463 on: March 07, 2023, 06:38:02 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons
Mar 7, 2023 6:37 AM
Camera Time: Mar 7, 2023 6:36 AM CST

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2464 on: March 07, 2023, 06:39:08 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird
Mar 5, 2023 8:19 AM
Camera Time: Mar 5, 2023 6:18 AM PST

Aryana's been super busy with a 'fluff-a-thon' . As chat says, '...busy ferrying...floof and ... making a fluttermuffin...' and them stamping it all down.
Looks like nestorations are in full swing with this super busy gal.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2465 on: March 07, 2023, 06:39:45 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird
Mar 5, 2023 9:24 AM
Camera Time: Mar 5, 2023 7:21 AM PST

The 'fluttermuffin'.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2466 on: March 07, 2023, 06:40:42 AM »

What does our busy, busy Aryana have in store for us today?  Will she tighten that nest rim? Add more 'floof'? Stamp and tuck? Or maybe lay
an egg or two?  Just have to wait and watch.  ;)

Visit, to ferry and foot-stamp more fluff. Video clip: https://youtube.com/clip/Ug...

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2467 on: March 07, 2023, 06:54:54 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 7, 2023 6:49 AM
Camera Time: Mar 7, 2023 4:48 AM PST

Chat is sending out loads of cheers of encouragement from the world over ...last report...7 hours ago...Audi preened and rolled her egg.
Come on 'Lucky 7' we love you baby!

Audi (Audacity) hold on tight windy, windy---windy.
Sleep well.  :-* :-* :-*

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2468 on: March 07, 2023, 06:57:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, candy cigarettes, along with those wax soda shapes with liquid inside, Necco wafers, Chuckles, Sugar Daddys, Walnettos and on and on! The candy we got at the movies! I remember Mom & Dad dropping Cathy and I off at the theater Saturday mornings while they went grocery shopping. This was at the Air Force Base in AZ. We each got a quarter, that paid for our admission (15 cents) and 5 cents each for a drink and a candy. Memories...

tsk, hoping you are feeling a little better each day...

Phyl, love that old alarm clock you posted last night, cute idea! My Mom has been using PresserVision for a few years, I wonder if her eyes are better.  You caught the sunrise at the perfect moment in the Cliff View photo. Do you sit and wait for a good picture or just take a pic when you first see the view? It sure doe look like more eggs will be coming for Aryana! So glad to hear that Lucky 7 is still hanging in there!

A video of San Bernadino CA:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/06/weather/california-snow-winter-weather-monday/index.html?utm_term=16781888166213bd4d1f82550&utm_source=cnn_Five+Things+for+Tuesday%2C+March+7%2C+2023&utm_medium=email&bt_ee=MdIKesvGmWzA1yT8%2B45YdPQtkXoqWoMKHiZ%2BPrr5Qv0wH8qJNbCboNl4CV3ePr7%2F&bt_ts=1678188816622

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #2469 on: March 07, 2023, 07:23:15 AM »

Clynn  No don't sit and wait for a snapshot---just take what I see when I see it. LOL
Ditto on the candy cigaretts, mini wax pop bottle, Necco wafers  :-*,  and all!
 Thanks for the San Bernadino CA video --Brrrr!  Take care, Bernadinos.     Us old tyme Californians affectionately call her 'San Berdue'.    ;)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 07:25:20 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #2470 on: March 07, 2023, 07:26:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Lani - Just curious, did you get another email back saying, "You were invited to the gallery"? 
Beautiful good night pic. 

Phyl - Love the alarm clock planter.  Glad to hear all went well with doctor appointments.  I can smell those donuts, too.  ;D  Thanks for the cam pics. 

kb - Oh my, all that snow.  I hope all that snow melt will help with not needing to water your yard this summer.

clynn - I remember all those candies you mentioned except Walnetto's?  I need to Google that.  Wow, the snow in CA...I just cannot imagine!

{{{tsk}} - Hope you are home, and taking it easy.   :-*

kbshcb

« Reply #2471 on: March 07, 2023, 07:46:30 AM »

https://youtu.be/Aoh7j46xleE

Porcupine parents protect their babies from a leopard.

This is intense, but at the end the leopard skulks away with quills all over his face....sharing this in advance so you can get through the video!

Lisa - nice thought....they say our drought is basically gone with all this snow?...but, you'd be surprised how dry the soil can get in a few hot/dry days here in the summer needing to water.
Our soil will be frozen till sometime later so any rain just rolls away...our creeks, lakes, and rivers however are going to be happy!

Morning all...it's surprising to me my left thumb hurts again after recovering from the last snow shovel event so I will leave the snow on the lower deck for now and take Ollie for a walk.

When a finger/thumb are impaired it's a good reminder how much we use our hands in our daily lives.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2472 on: March 07, 2023, 10:00:24 AM »

Some bounce
Yep KB. Hugs
Turns out it is open heart with repairing 2 blockages with veins from leg for BIL.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2473 on: March 07, 2023, 10:42:46 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning.Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Phyl, nice pics

Clynn, I remember the wax soda shapes, I chewed on the wax like gum! I didn't like Necco wafers .. terrible stories from San Bernadino, CA  :'(

Lisa, I sent you a pm  :)

Kb, oh my, Porcupine parents did a great job protecting babies. Those spikes are something else!! I'm amazed how long it took for the leopard to give up.  :o ... walking with Ollie will be a good thing for your spirits. Ignore everything and everyone else around you.      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTrk4X9ACtw

Tig, sending prayers for BIL

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #2474 on: March 07, 2023, 10:55:30 AM »

Lani - love that Enya song..thanks.

Yeah, we did just return from a sunny walk...uneventful which was good.

tig - hope all goes well, as it should.

Ollie's job is to stare at me!....I think he gets paid for it ;)