Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471488 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2280 on: February 28, 2023, 07:40:39 PM »

Congratulations Decorah HM & HD 2nd egg!!!

Thanks for the heads up Phyl & BL  :-* and thank you Lizzy for the video :)

Happy Days!!!

Decorah Eagles 🥚🥚🦅 Hatchery Mom lays 2nd egg of the season (explore.org 02 28 2023) https://youtu.be/Ez7XpiDkir8 via lizzy g eaglespirit
 🥚🥚🦅 Hatchery Mom lays 2nd egg of the season 4:28pm CT
Congratulations to Hatchery Mom and Hatchery Dad
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:59:06 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2281 on: February 28, 2023, 07:58:16 PM »

Hi Lori - Like your birthday wishes for Sydney and EaglesRock  :)   How is Destini?  Hope you are healing up ok from the fall you took several days ago.    Love the pics of Savannah - so cute!

Hi E4E!!  How are you sweetie? Destini is doing just fine, has a new hair cut and strutting her stuff ;) How is Star? Oh yea, healing fine, now that I think of it I was wearing those same shoes the other 2 times I fell outside. lol Savannah is a beauty I hope she stays unless Zooey comes back.  Have a wonderful trip!!!  Kauai is beautiful!!  I can see why Lani loves it down there. Take care hun and safe travels.💜

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

oldguy

« Reply #2282 on: February 28, 2023, 08:44:09 PM »

I see that Cali is still getting hammered with rain and snow - flooding in the lower elevations and almost all roads closed in the Sierra Mtns.

Juan Browne is reporting 3 ft. of snow and no power for the second day
Blizzard of 2023 Blancolirio Global HQ!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8sE2gxwM7M
Generac Generator Blizzard Advisory....February 28, 2023   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_pGXu9MECQ
Northern California Storm Coverage: Feb. 28 update at 4 p.m.   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4I4P9DVRI

A recording from 1973...
Jerry Garcia & Bob Weir - "Swing Low Sweet Chariot"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVJB_QNMjSU
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #2283 on: February 28, 2023, 08:52:08 PM »

Eagles4 -
Of course I overworked today!....

but also got a scary walk with Ollie in with the sun....still icy on 2 of 4 roads...esp in the shade of buildings.

First walk in 10 days...he was so excited I could hardly get his coat on...it took Chris and I several tries, when usually he sits, lifts his front paws to put in the front leg holes, sits and waits patiently for me to zip it up his back...not today, but maybe also because his bomber jacket zipper seems to be on it's last legs....oh no...won't find another one of those.

More snow coming in tonight.....another Of Course!

I am jealous of your trip to Kauai.....very jealous, LOL.
I've been to O'ahu many times but never Kauai or Maui....you will have to share a detailed account when you return.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2284 on: March 01, 2023, 12:05:55 AM »

Phyl, wonderful news for the Sauces family! prayers 🙏 ... goodness, another beautiful girl at GSB!

Oldguy, chocolate! yum!!!

Clynn, awww Downy woodpecker, Lesley is a beautiful person with a huge heart... You've been busy, glad to hear your chair has arrived.

BL, Great news about H mom. and 2nd egg!

Lori, that's scary pics of the squirrel with The North's egg!  :o I think that's a first for me. Glad the egg's okay.

Eagles, whenever you get rain, it'll be heading our way sooner or later. We're suppose to have snow in the early morning hours. It's nice your mom and sis live close. Inspite of the rain, it was a nice day for you and family  :)

Kb, glad you and Ollie were able to get a walk in.  :)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2285 on: March 01, 2023, 06:45:37 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

54 F   mostly sunny.  High of 79F humid and rain showers .  Evening/night 56F rain.

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

{{Tsk}}

Lori you only have BL to thank for news of egg #2

Lani  I’ve decided to call the #7 egg at Sauces, “Lucky’. Let’s hope all those 7s are helpful LOL;    I’ll tell you ‘what’  at GSB if Zooey turns  up and Julie / Samantha remain it’s gonna be a torrid soap opera for sure. Newman will be one pooped out  perrigrine falcon. LOL

KB  Hurrah! Ollie got to take  you for a walk  LOL
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2286 on: March 01, 2023, 06:47:19 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Peek inside a bald eagle egg: 4 days!
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/02/27/peek-inside-a-bald-eagle-egg-4-days/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2287 on: March 01, 2023, 06:48:02 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2288 on: March 01, 2023, 07:00:36 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Mar 1, 2023 6:49 AM
Camera Time: Mar 1, 2023 6:49 AM CST

not long after I snapped this, Julie (?) arrived. A skirmish erupted and both females took off

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2289 on: March 01, 2023, 07:16:38 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

30 here, high 54 today...

Just checked the Sauces cam, the egg is still intact...

Lani, that is sure a pile of puppies in your good night picture!  I'll tackle the chair after my 'after Bella rest'!  ;D ;D

Phyl, Spring is on the way! thanks for Amy's blog, always interesting! So happy about the news at Decorah!

BL, thanks for the breaking news of egg #2!  YAY!

Lori, wow on the squirrel pcking up the North egg!  It kind of looked like he was kissing it!

oldguy, wow on that snow at Juan's! I had to chuckle at him pointing out the outdoor furniture and the grill!

A person sits in a snow-covered bus stop Friday, Feb. 24, 2023, in Olympic Valley, Calif. 

Meadowlark

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #2290 on: March 01, 2023, 07:19:44 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 1, 2023 6:39 AM
Camera Time: Mar 1, 2023 4:38 AM PST

#7 still there. Hang in there 'Lucky' .

Audacity preening---been a rough night weather wise.
''High winds 27 mph and drizzle
Frogs 'serenading' you :)''
Stay safe, Audi.
Some in chat believe that Cholyn is present. She is the last bald eagle from this nest. And, would be #7's big sister. Have yet to see her.
Sure wish it were true. I watched her grow from an egglet and havn'et seen here since she's fledged.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2291 on: March 01, 2023, 07:27:42 AM »

Hi Clynn Happy March to you!  How do you like your 'ebay' room now?
I'm not sure if I'd draw the same conclsion from Lori's gif with the squirrel 'kissing' the egg.  :-\    :(
But that's just me--suspicious.

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #2292 on: March 01, 2023, 07:29:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Lani - Awww, love the pile of sleeping pups.  How did you make out with the snow?

kb - Glad that you and Ollie could get a walk in, even if it was a scary one.  Oh no, more snow!

oldguy - Thanks for the videos. 

Lori - Wonderful gif from Decorah on HM's egg#2!  Great pic of Mr N, and that squirrel incident was kinda scary yesterday.

E4E - Thank you  :-*

Phyl - Wow, Julie looks like a big falcon. Such a pretty Springy pic!

clynn - You are so funny, waiting for Ed to leave.  ;D  Love the post from Lesley the Bird Nerd, abd beautiful male at MN DNR.  Good news for Sauces egg!!  Wow, that snow at the bus stop!

tsk - I am sure you won't be checking in tomorrow, or the next several days, but I wanted you to know that I will be thinking and praying for a successful surgery!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2293 on: March 01, 2023, 07:51:34 AM »

HI EVERYONE

39 heading to 58 today.  Mostly sunny  :)

PHYL   So we have a bit of a As the Nest Turns at the cliff now  ;) ;)

BL  That is great news for N1

LORI  Oh no for DNN  I think that is a first??  Squirrel and egg.

OLDGUY   What an amazing winter for California.

KB   Long time between walks - Ollie just forgot the drill  ;) ;)

CLYNN   " negative committee"  LOL   Long wait for the bus I think  ::)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2294 on: March 01, 2023, 08:20:49 AM »

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is a feather duster or an owl?

Morning..

tsk - will pray for your Docs and nurses....take care...

I think more graupel than snow landed last night from around 10pm till just now.....more possible later.

With March our average high temps go from 35 at the start of the month, to 45 at the end....so possible melting during the day?
This winter however, has Not been average..