Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471308 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11550 on: November 24, 2023, 08:26:31 PM »

Kb I've actually spit beer out of my nose at the mention of Nimrod, MN thank you very little.

Pip's Like what the heck BL ?

Unfortunately the Sheriff still owes me $100 dollars from cards but let me go early on good behavior.   ;)
Just another plant matter misunderstanding back in the day.   8)

We smoked a really fat one behind the 'jail' and he said wholly stuff .. you can go now.

Oh  Golly! Glad I didn't have to go pee when I read this.  ;D
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11551 on: November 24, 2023, 08:38:20 PM »

"Good Evening'.   SEDs Everyone !        

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11552 on: November 24, 2023, 10:33:09 PM »

How in the world are they going to keep Rutt down on the farm now that he's been to the big city?  ;D

BL and KB, here is a "pre-Alton" report on that wandering moose, from "Radio Iowa," dated Sept. 22nd, after he had been seen wandering in Sioux County, IA, and was heading, at that time, southeasterly toward Orange City, and Alton... and as he has wandered on from there. I thought the remarks in that article from the DNR Regional Conservation Officer, and also of the Sioux County Conservation Board Biologist, were interesting, especially about young male moose showing up more often there in recent years and then heading back north, and that DNR Officer mentioned that, "moose can travel five to ten miles a day, and have been known to travel up to 100 miles a week."  It's an interesting brief article:
https://www.radioiowa.com/2023/09/22/meandering-male-moose-seen-in-sioux-county/  Stay safe, Rutt!

Karen, I'm so sorry Piper had a seizure, and I'm glad to hear he's doing okay now.   :-*   Do you think this means you can't take him to the disco with you anymore?   8)  ;)   LOL on your comment about my walking!   :D  The only thing getting thin from my walking are the soles of both pairs of my walking shoes!  ;D

Phyl, it seems the cat "death stare" is going 'round... Maybe hers was not as severe, but I have a feeling Maggie has enjoyed a nighttime turkey dinner by now.  ;)

Speaking of... Zippo has finished her treat of slightly warmed leftover sufferin' succotash, from my Thanksgiving fixin's, and is calling to me to get her to her night roost tuck-in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkhPuH8G5Hg

So...

Sleep tight, Beakers.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 10:41:30 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #11553 on: November 24, 2023, 11:22:00 PM »

Thanks for the moose map BL.  He started heading north of here in Sept. and I didn't even know it.  And E'burg is just south of Estherville.  Traveling up the West Des Moines River corridor.  The "Dragoon Trail" back in 1830's.  Stephen Kearney and John Charles Fremont.  8)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

BrokenLug

« Reply #11554 on: November 24, 2023, 11:32:24 PM »

eburg knows the 71 moose route.
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11555 on: November 24, 2023, 11:59:40 PM »

Kb, Safe travels Rutt...  {{{Taho}}}

BL, thanks for Rutt update and pic, very handsome guy! And so is Turkules!  ;D

Tig, glad your knee is better after a nice hot soak... great classics and Jesse Stone  ;D ... and if you see Rutt, looking forward to pics!  ;D

{{{Karen and Piper}}} I'm sorry Piper had a seizure, and is okay.... I pray you both have a quiet night's sleep and tomorrow's a better day.

Baz, We had to bundle up for our walk this morning. Heavy frost... glad you're feeling better... Thanks for Rutt update.... your team's got a big football game tomorrow, Good Luck! ... KU plays at 5pm our time.... Zippo  ;D

Tsk, you've had a busy day! Aly and Dewey spent a quiet day at home. She was invited out, but wanted to catch up on client paperwork. She grilled herself a steak.  :)

Phyl, beautiful sunrise....

Clynn, My mother taught me to do hula, not Tahitian dancing, which is what Oldguy posted. My sister and her daughter were professionals, and did Tahitian dancing too. Especially my niece, who danced professionally for Hilton Hawaiian Village...  Here in Hawaii, girls and boys are taught to do traditional Hawaiian/Maori/Tahitian dancing starting at toddler age. I love the music, especially the drum beat.  The Acrylic Keyboard Cover Protector is a great idea! ... Love baby Bella and Talon's photo  :-* ... King Keebler! LOL!!

Lisa, Love Sydney's blowing bubbles! Look at those eyes!  :-* sweet pic of you and Sydney. Love the cat towers!

Eburg, Let us know if you spot Rutt!  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #11556 on: November 25, 2023, 12:17:00 AM »

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 12:57:42 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #11557 on: November 25, 2023, 04:59:36 AM »

SWFL Eagles ~ F23 LAYS HER FIRST EGG 🐣 Congratulations M15 & F23 On This Very Special Day 11.24.23

https://youtu.be/rvlJWR0k3pE

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11558 on: November 25, 2023, 05:02:21 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy  Caturday !   

Currently 31F from 28F mostly clear,   High  41F  Low 26F .

Karen how is Piper doing this morning? And, you?   🙏 's

Lani you mentioned Aly and her steak...there are several folks that didn't have turkey last Thursday---Dan's son Mattthew called him & wanted to share his dinner ...brought over a Beef  Wellington he made to bake  for Thanksgving. Dan says Matt's a good cook. Anyway, Dan had his turkey breast today.

Tsk Jim's turkey left overs and my club sand  were too delicious

Bazi  Maggie got her chopped turkey last night, she went nutz over it

BL tks for the Rutt travel chart, I missed it earlier

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11560 on: November 25, 2023, 07:44:13 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! CATURDAY!!

Phyl, great 365, funny seeing turkeys in a crabapple tree, the branches barely hold their weight!  27 right now, high 35 today. Chilly! Glad to hear that Maggie got her turkey treat last night, Harley has never been interested in human food, weird! Not much interested in canned cat food either, mainly eats his dry food although there is always canned food served (that I end up tossing). He is not underfed, he is chubby! HOORAY for SWFL, hope there is another one in a couple of days! Ed was not a cat man when we met. He is now, it didn't take long!

Lani, Aly must be busy with clients, that is good. One day she may be a renowned therapist! One thing about being single, you can do what you want!

BL, thanks for the Glen Campbell! Memories! List of weird town names in the us! Nimrod not on the list but it should be!  https://www.shortlist.com/news/america-town-city-village-name-us-states

tig, sounds like you need to get a hot tub! Becky and Jennifer had one in Portland and wouldn't you know, the house they bought in Corvallis has one. They use it a lot! Sounds like you are having a good time!

baz, thanks for the memory of sufferin' succotash! Sylvester and Tweety were one of the staples of our Saturday morning cartoons, it was a tradition of our childhood!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQiGAgejpTc  Mom used to make succotash, I liked it, it was only lima beans and corn. Many delicious recipes with more ingredients out there!

Lisa, love the picture of you and Sydney, she's blowing bubbles! You are both sweeties!  I had your same problem with pies, I cut the leftovers in serving pieces and froze them individually. At I feel better even if I have to toss them later, I tried!  ::) ::)

kb, thanks for the updates and clarification on Rutt!

Wskrsnwings - Here are scaps (courtesy and property of SWFEC) captured by myself of our first sight of Egg1 and F23 caring for it.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11561 on: November 25, 2023, 07:57:40 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

BL  Thanks for that tracking map.  Very interesting

Oh KAREN   How scary.  How was Piper acting during the seizure?  Sure hope it was a one time thing.

PHYL   I see Maggie is still running the show  LOL   Would cost me a fortune to replace a zipper in my parka - Found the shoe repair shop- cheaper - IF you can find a shoe repair shop these days.  This was a few years ago.  Caught that news about SWFL on FB yesterday - YAY  It all begins.  Loved the 365  :)

BAZI   Haven't heard sufferin' succotash in ages  LOL

LANI  All the forest creatures listening to a good night story  :)

CLYNN  Enjoyed all the AM cats  ;)   I bedt that crazy name list of cities could go on for pages!! Funny
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #11562 on: November 25, 2023, 08:03:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Caturday!

tsk - Mama and I were just talking about that recently, how babies nowadays do not look like newborns/babies from years back.  They look alot older when they are born. I have to say, I think I did pretty good for blood sugar wise with my Thanksgiving meal.  On turkey day it was 165, two hours after eating, and then I had the same thing for dinner yesterday and it was 144 two hours after.  I do think the insulin at night is helping my numbers.  Just got my A1C results in email...I went from 7.6 to 7.3!!   

karen - Oh no, sorry to hear about Piper's seizure.  Hope she is OK this morning. 

kb - Rutt sure is making his way around...LOL

BL - Your stories crack me up!

Phyl - Sadly, no weight loss....I just think in some pics I look heavier than I really am. 

Lani - Thank you  :-*

Phyl - Yay...congrats to SWFL on their egg #1!  Thanks for the 365.

clynn - Thank you  :-*  Thanks for the SWFL pics!

kbshcb

« Reply #11563 on: November 25, 2023, 09:50:58 AM »

No new news on Rutt near Nimrod this am yet.

Did not know/remember? the Biblical character Phyl.

My first thought was what? they named a town as an idiot or inept?..
Daffy Duck did not invent the word but used it and it's meaning as an insult, LOL. He referred to Elmer Rudd as my nimrod.

Morning all:

Lisa - Hmm, I think even in 1988 when Chris was born I thought my he looks like an old soul.

A few pics of him as a newborn, a few months old, and 2 years old...the one with me is the only time in life I had short hair!

And watch this till the end: A beaver felling a tree.. Smarty pants!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1727345868695589331

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11564 on: November 25, 2023, 10:22:19 AM »

LISA   Great numbers!   Tim's went up again today  His lowest was 155 now 189.  He can't figure it out.  I said seriously?
I said you are no longer religiously doing breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and he is relying on flex meals.  He thinks the foods he was given that weren't frozen were too high in sugar - so I said and yet your values were going down those first two weeks!   This is very frustrating for me.  I try not to say anything - nag city!

KB   What a beautiful picture of you and Chris - I love your hair like that. :)

Break time over - back to decorating.  Too much for Lulu - she went to take a nap  LOLOL
Chicagoland