Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 545415 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2355 on: March 03, 2023, 05:57:52 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 3, 2023 5:42 AM
Camera Time: Mar 3, 2023 3:42 AM PST

Hang in there Audi.

Chat:  Lost  an egg.  Seems there was a commerant attack yesterday.  Chat thinks one of the eggs got 'bonked'. And since the shells are weak , it broke.
Audi's consumed the contents--good fuel for her.
Not sure if it was #7 or #8. Everyone's  (incl. me) hoping it was #8. Like me, everyone is attached to 'Lucky 7".
Audi's had a rough night with a pesky little mouse that's seem to have gone away.

Mar 3, 2023 5:24 AM
Camera Time: Mar 3, 2023 3:23 AM PST

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2356 on: March 03, 2023, 06:06:42 AM »

Stony Point Penguin Colony Camera

Stony Point Nature Reserve, South Africa
Mar 3, 2023 6:02 AM
Camera Time: Mar 3, 2023 2:01 PM SAST

Looks like a few penguins on the rocks this afternoon.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2357 on: March 03, 2023, 06:08:28 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

March 1, 2023: News and Nestflix from Decorah and Decorah North

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/03/01/march-1-2023-news-and-nestflix-from-decorah-and-decorah-north/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2358 on: March 03, 2023, 06:11:25 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Mar 3, 2023 6:09 AM
Camera Time: Mar 3, 2023 6:09 AM CST

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2359 on: March 03, 2023, 06:17:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I so agree! The sounds of your creek are very soothing... Does the creek have a name? Trout Run Creek below the Decorah nest is very loud right now, it's running very fast! I had to watch HM for a minute or two, I thought maybe the screen was locked up, then I saw her eyelid open and close. She is sleeping soundly... Dad North is on the North nest. Snow in Tucson! That's kind of rare isn't it? 

E4E, it's almost here! I bet you are getting everything ready today, trying to make sure you don't forget anything!

Lori, thanks for making those gifs! Isn't it a beautiful scene? It's the happy, calming place in my head right now!  ;D Hope you are feeling better and better...

Phyl, oh, I hate to hear that news, I also hope and pray it was #8 and that lucky #7 is still safe.  31 here, high 52 today. Thanks for the heads up on World Wildlife Day! Oh, those little penguins are havine a meeting!  The Flyway looks lonely...

Momo - Realized I have the tools to see the three of them together! Yaya, Boo, and an expression of Momo that lives in my head. ❤️❤️❤️

Green Bay Metro Fire Department  - It's not everyday that you get to help out a family of owls!
Truck 6 and GBPD Humane Officer Meaves were called this morning to help out some baby owls that had fallen out of a tree. These great horned owlets had been sitting in the snow for four days and aren't able to fly just yet. Working together, firefighters and Officer Meaves were able to secure a makeshift nest with some hay and get the owls off the ground. Mother owl was still feeding the owlets and stayed close by to supervise fire/police rescue efforts. The owl family was left to reunite in their new nest and live happily ever after! 🙂

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #2360 on: March 03, 2023, 07:24:04 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Lani - Your snow pics, and videos that Lori posted are just beautiful!

Phyl - Congrats to Sauces on Egg#8! Great pic of Savanna.  Love that floor lamp! 

clynn - Thanks for the evening update on tsk.  Hoping to hear more news from you today.  :)  Adorable lil sleeping mice.  Love your morning pics.  Aww, Andrew!  Great owl rescue story.

Lori - Thanks for posting Lani's videos.

oldguy - Thanks for weather info from Ryan.

E4E - No problem, just didn't want to take credit for someone else's post.  ;)  Thank you for the kind words on HD's pic.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2361 on: March 03, 2023, 07:44:20 AM »

Lisa, I just saw this on FB, interesting information! Watch for the feet stomping!
1000 Islands Environmental Center - Welcome back to Critter Tuesday! This week we will be focusing on the striped skunk. Skunks are well known for their ability to spray when they feel threatened. A striped skunk can spray up to 15 ft. away from their body. However, before they spray they will do other actions to tell other animals to get away. One thing they will do is stomp their feet. If you see a skunk start to stomp their feet give them space because that means they are about to spray if they continue to feel threatened.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #2362 on: March 03, 2023, 07:58:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

It is a busy day on the calendar today with many good events...
National Anthem Day
National Cold Cuts Day
National I Want You to Be Happy Day
National Mulled Wine Day
Soup It Forward Day
National Day of Unplugging – First Friday in March
National Dress in Blue Day – First Friday in March
National Speech and Debate Education Day – First Friday in March
National Employee Appreciation Day – First Friday in March
https://nationaldaycalendar.com/february/

It was a very active night in Texas last night, with a lot of tornadoes, hail, straight winds over 70mph and heavy rain with flash flooding...  Today that system moves to the NE and will be effecting the states of Arkansas, Miss., Tenn., Kentucky before moving east into Georgia, N & S Carolina and Virginia.  The north side of the storm will leave heavy snowfall in Ill. and Mich.
I am at 31 this morning and will be missing out on the storm. 8)
Everyone in the path, stay safe and alert for any warnings

A long video (33min) from  Aymie on Penny the talking cat...
Penny gets a FULL MOUTH EXTRACTION?!

Doll’s Festival and Cats 2023.   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9ew-Mn1Pzo
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 08:21:03 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #2363 on: March 03, 2023, 09:05:19 AM »

Tsk

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #2364 on: March 03, 2023, 09:07:50 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1630671901998686209

As their habitats start to freeze each winter, beavers will break ice at the entrances of their habitats to keep open water for a few days longer. I filmed this beaver breaking ice in the pond during the first cold week of winter 2020. #beavers #winter #wildlifephotograph

Morning...

Tsk - I hope you get everything you need today and going forward in your recovery from surgery..

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2365 on: March 03, 2023, 10:18:51 AM »

Lori, thanks for posting the pics for me. I can't get my videos to post. In the videos, You can hear the sounds of the water, which is very soothing.

Lani, you have a very beautiful property! I am trying to find a different gif program as we cannot post long video's in the forum just the links.  I will have to get with Amy and see if anything has changed as far as file size.  I talked to Gyazo & they said to upload my gifs as an MP3 but I couldn't on this  forum.  If anybody has any insight on this please let me know. Gyazo is updating their software all the time and I am paying for their service because I have 6700 gifs uploaded there. I would like to hear the creek also, I am gonna check that out.  I am guessing the file size will be too big for the forum. 
I just tried something else, I uploaded your video to pinterest and here is the link you should be able to hear the creek now... let me know if this works..💜. Make sure to unmute the volume icon in pinterest under the video  ;D

https://pin.it/3cMrbDC
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2366 on: March 03, 2023, 10:35:59 AM »

Lori, thanks for posting the pics for me. I can't get my videos to post. In the videos, You can hear the sounds of the water, which is very soothing.

Lani, you have a very beautiful property! I am trying to find a different gif program as we cannot post long video's in the forum just the links.  I will have to get with Amy and see if anything has changed as far as file size.  I talked to Gyazo & they said to upload my gifs as an MP3 but I couldn't on this  forum.  If anybody has any insight on this please let me know. Gyazo is updating their software all the time and I am paying for their service because I have 6700 gifs uploaded there. I would like to hear the creek also, I am gonna check that out.  I am guessing the file size will be too big for the forum. 
I just tried something else, I uploaded your video to pinterest and here is the link you should be able to hear the creek now... let me know if this works..💜. Make sure to unmute the volume icon in pinterest under the video  ;D

Lori, your gifs was perfect! I appreciate your help very much!  :-*
I'm going to work on how to post videos too. Do you think posting on Youtube might be the answer? I've never done that.
Which is sort of silly to do, after all it's just a stream. LOL! I wish a link from my iphone would work.... I'll think about that tomorrow!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #2367 on: March 03, 2023, 10:37:33 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #2368 on: March 03, 2023, 10:41:49 AM »

Lori, your gifs was perfect! I appreciate your help very much!  :-*
I'm going to work on how to post videos too. Do you think posting on Youtube might be the answer? I've never done that.
Which is sort of silly to do, after all it's just a stream. LOL! I wish a link from my iphone would work.... I'll think about that tomorrow!  ;D

I upload to youtube also (eagle footage)... I have an iphone too, I'll bet one of us will figure out something for the forum... Clynn is the one who came up with the Pinterest idea for our avatars  :-*  Will talk to ya about it later sweetie! ;)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #2369 on: March 03, 2023, 10:46:07 AM »

Morning Lori and Lani :)

clynn - Good info, and you can count on my NOT getting too close!  ;D

oldguy - Thanks for the calendar days.  Sounds like some nasty weather all over, thanks for the info. 

kb - How is the snow removal going?