Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 483760 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8160 on: August 16, 2023, 02:41:49 PM »

Baz, my temps are now like yours and there is now very little chance of rain!  Sat out a bit talking to crew and am dripping wet!   Thank heavens for ac!
What do you think the filling for Loris cake is?love the beach pictures!

Karen, I'm guessing that cake filling is the same as the frosting - cream cheese, her description said... plus the blueberries. Mmmm.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #8161 on: August 16, 2023, 02:51:33 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Phyl - Mama sounds much better today, still feels tired, but a lil worried about her ear.  She says, it doesn't hurt but she said it feels clogged. She has appt on Monday with PCP, as she will be over her Covid isolation. Love the Happy Wednesday pic.

karen - Sounds like the landscaping crew did a great job for you.  I am loving my color..all the greys are gone.  ;D

E4E - Glad to hear that you all had a nice family visit. 

clynn - Mmmm, that watermelon looks so good.  Those beards... ;D 

tsk - Those muffins look delish in your morning greeting. Sounds like a beautiful day for you.

oldguy
- Thanks for all the videos.  Wow on the Voice winner. 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8162 on: August 16, 2023, 04:08:06 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!

The Iowa State Fair had several different beard growing contest categories this year!

These were the beard contests, held August 15th, this year, which were part of the Heritage Contests:
Beard Growing Contest, 10:30 a.m.
Categories: Best Groomed, Longest Beard, Most Unique Beard Design, Most Historic Nature
and Best Beard Design with Costume.

Harold Stephenson, of Center Point, won the Iowa State 2023 Longest Beard category again this year, after finishing in 2nd place last year. He had won it from 2009-2021, until finishing in 2nd place last year.

This is a brief article, and video, about the winner with the longest beard this year (scroll down past all the ads to read the article's info). The video gives a better close-up look of the part of the beard that made him the winner, at 38 inches long:
https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-state-fair-best-beard-harold-stephenson-center-point/44822151#

P.S. Karen, I like Lani's version of the filling for that yummy-looking Lemon Blueberry Cake!  :D

Lani, you make lemon curd!!  Mmm.  I love lemon-flavored cakes and pies and pastries. My mother used to make lemon curd, too. It's so yummy, but intense!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 04:13:01 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8163 on: August 16, 2023, 04:48:50 PM »

Clynn - Great pics from the Iowa County Fair  ;D

Phyl - Thank you so much for prayer candle. Sis and I will take separate cars to the medical facility, but we will meet up and go in together with our Mom.  She is supposed to be there by 11:30 a.m., but we will have her there earlier than that (tomorrow).
I think you've done well at trying to keep up with the BB fledglings - it would be hard for anyone to try and stay on top of that! :)

Tsk - I did have an Uncle here yesterday too - he is married to my Mom's sister. :)  Yes - those airline meals - I never knew that is what he (my cousin) does! ;)

Tig  :)

LisaG - Bet you had a nice salon appt!  :)

Oldguy - Maybe I missed it, but did you ever comment about going to the family reunion?  Anyway, hope it was a good time! 8)

Karen - My Aunts live in Lodi, CA  (much warmer temps over there than where I live) ;)

Lani - Love the Royal Albatrosses - Maanaki so cute & those squeals!! ;D    Sometimes a person just needs sleep and rest - good for you!! :)  Love the cute 'salon' pic for LisaG  ;D

Hi Baz!

Kb - How are things over there?

Hi Puff!

Have a good afternoon  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8164 on: August 16, 2023, 05:34:39 PM »

IA State Fair beard contest  ...

Tsk,  Clynn and Lani- yes I do fret a bit about Dan. But, I don't let him know that. He wouldn't like it that much.

Tsk Glad you have a nice day ahead, wow that humidity---it's good.  I usually try to follow the fledglings for as long as I can.
      They should stay a while with Mom and Dad before taking off on their own. YOu know if I can catch them, I'll snap 'em. LOL

Lisa- was gonna ask about your salon visit; very pretty and cheery greeting this AM. Thanks for update on your mom, PCP visit  ;)

OG- LOL camel; enjoyed what I've watched of the links, Walter is a 'godsend' to those cats as is WS;
          thoughtful letter  about resident feral cat to new homeowner---much like the one we'll write about our bluebirds.

Karen-  :)

Lani- tks for Royal update and Manaaki 'a weight in too. He's a handsome fella.  LOL the salon dog.  BB comment, thanks  :-*  Ditto CLynn/Tsk; appreciate the blueberry
          lemon cake recipe;

E 4E- sounds like you and your sis have your mom all set and taken care of tomorrow; tks for all the infor. Sending my best.

Jim's finishing up all the yardwork---two full yards take time.  I have him set with plenty water, he wears my dad's old mowing hat he wore on the desert.
 And he's all covered up so the sun won't burn him as he's so fair. He's on a break schedule as well---pacing himself.  And, I keep a watchful eye from upstairs.
Maggie's snoozing--gotta love her when she sleeps--blows tiny puffs of air out her furry mouth. When she's not snoring.  :-* :-* :-*
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #8165 on: August 16, 2023, 05:35:26 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .   

{{{ Lahaina, Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's

#IstandwithEvan

BrokenLug

« Reply #8166 on: August 16, 2023, 05:44:28 PM »

KB is everything ok up your way?
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #8167 on: August 16, 2023, 06:14:31 PM »

KB is everything ok up your way?

I sent her a PM.
Not sure who else has done the same.

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8168 on: August 16, 2023, 06:19:24 PM »

LISA   Let me know about Mom's visit to PCP re her ear.  Want to compare it to my visit  ::) ::) ::)  So glad she is doing better.  Next year she won't have to fly!!   It was a windows open day today with the lower humidity ad temps only reaching 80.  Got outside at 59 degrees and did my mile walk to start the day.  Must take advantage of the cool AM's

BAZI    I see the trick now to winning the longest bread competition. -Keeping that skinny piece of hair - "out of trouble"  LOLOL  Thanks for your investigative piece of journalism  ;D ;) :-*

EAGLES   Prayers that all goes well for Mom tomorrow and that she can finally get that procedure off her mind.  Waiting is awful. :(

PHYL   Jim's covered up, taking breaks and hydrating - Great plan to safe, functional exercise.

Where was KB today?
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #8169 on: August 16, 2023, 07:09:35 PM »

E4E - the reunion was good - each year the numbers keep dropping - there is only 1 member of my mothers siblings still alive and she is in ppor health and was unable to attend.  She was the youngest and lived with my family 1 year - she was 3 years older than my oldest brother.  We had about 40 attend.  I took a bunch of family mementos that my sister had collected from my Mom and Grandmother.  I invited everyone to pick out something to take as a memento of the family history.   I also tranfered 2 boxes of papers and photos to the cousin that agreed to continue the family records and geneology info that my sister created.  We had a pot luck meal at 1pm - both items that i brought had no left overs.  ;D (watermelon and pb rice crispies covered with Ghirardelli milk chocolate)

Q Kids did not put out a video friday - Bellamy was sick last week.  But she is back...
Quarantine Kids play "Hard Headed Woman"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maR8IB80hkE

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8170 on: August 16, 2023, 08:56:05 PM »

Phyl - Good for Jim in finishing up out in the yard. :)

Tsk - Thank you - and yes, my Mom is anxiously awaiting her surgery tomorrow!   I too noticed Kb was absent, hope all is okay.

Oldguy - Glad to hear that the family reunion was good, although not as many folks.  That is too bad your Mom's only surviving sibling couldn't make it due to health issues, as I'm sure she was missed.  Still it sounds like a good turn out!  What a great idea you had in bringing family momentos for the others to choose something special.  I bet a great day was had by all who attended! 8)

BL - I hope you hear from Kb.

Beakers have a good night.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8171 on: August 16, 2023, 09:18:26 PM »

some bounce
E4E... Prayers for your mom...
We celebrated my Brother's birthday at dinner and then invited them over to watch a comedy show.
The concrete project will take longer than expected... partly due to the heat coming out way
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8172 on: August 17, 2023, 12:46:19 AM »

Lisa, glad your mom is better. How is Sydney?  :)

{{{Eagles}}} thinking of your mom, sending best wishes and prayers for a peaceful night's sleep, and a smooth and successful surgery. And my prayers for you and your sister too.  :-*

Oldguy, glad your family reunion went well. I'm sorry your mother's sibling, your aunt is in poor health and unable to enjoy being with all of you. It must have been so special for everyone to receive and enjoy the family momentos. I imagine there was a fun discussion of shared family history. What a treasure trove of family history for your cousin to research. Mike has been researching for his family for the past 15 years or so.

Tig, birthday greetings to your brother, sounds like a fun night.

Good night from Seal Island!

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's mom, Tsk DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Lisa's mom, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8173 on: August 17, 2023, 01:41:09 AM »

Baz, my temps are now like yours and there is now very little chance of rain!  Sat out a bit talking to crew and am dripping wet!   Thank heavens for ac!
What do you think the filling for Loris cake is?love the beach pictures!

Karen, I'm guessing that cake filling is the same as the frosting - cream cheese, her description said... plus the blueberries. Mmmm.

Hi Bazi! Thank  you so much for posting the Lemon Blueberry cake recipe Lani!  :-* Hi Karen, the cake I posted is a little different as far as the filling goes, it is made with wild blueberry jam and fresh blueberries... here is that recipe also! 
https://www.savingdessert.com/lemon-blueberry-cake/

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8174 on: August 17, 2023, 02:16:37 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

2023 Great Spirit Bluff Recap
 August 14, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/08/14/2023-great-spirit-bluff-recap/

Thank you for posting... I have been working on a memorial for Savanna and some of the others we have lost... I have some old pics of her from the past few years visiting Newman and GSB.  I just glanced at the GSB recap & tears are flowing again.   :'( Missing our sweet girl Savanna.
 You and your 2 little ones rest in peace, we all love you Savanna!  You had mentioned Lisa? I heard something about Newman and a new friend.    I have not watched since the owl came back and took one of the little ones... just too hard sometimes.  I will have to check out GSB thread and see what's up with our handsome Newman, thanks for sharing all of this news, it's appreciated. Take care and Goodnight.  :-*

Miss Savanna

Super Mom Savanna with her little ones Thomas, Alice, Kami, and Jaycie
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 02:18:22 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl