Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 526851 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4980 on: May 16, 2023, 12:20:35 PM »

Lani - not hard to do...if I remember correctly ;)..it's been a long time.

We found we had to drill new holes in them every spring....but we leave them out in the snow/hard freeze all winter.

That's not hard to do though either...kind of fun actually....and our water supervisor told me I can run them during hours of the day when it's illegal to do so...like 11am-4pm....cause obviously there is no evaporation, nor waste.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4981 on: May 16, 2023, 12:23:50 PM »

Lani - not hard to do...if I remember correctly ;)..it's been a long time.

We found we had to drill new holes in them every spring....but we leave them out in the snow/hard freeze all winter.

That's not hard to do though either...kind of fun actually....and our water supervisor told me I can run them during hours of the day when it's illegal to do so...like 11am-4pm....cause obviously there is no evaporation, nor waste.

Thanks Kb, I'll do it.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4982 on: May 16, 2023, 01:25:55 PM »

BL, so, are you in Kenya now?

Lol, no baz we're still in GA near the Chattooga River.
Taking a paddle rest day as my shoulders are noodles.
That pic was an homage to our Bluey Kopje who it turns out is a whitewater maniac.  :o   ;D

The river sections we have been running the past few days are not canoe friendly, we're using a rental raft.
The next section of the Cattooga (IV) is highly technical class IV & V whitewater.
Pip and Kopje will be sitting this section out but will be waiting for me at the take out on Lk Tugalo.

BL, oh... gotcha! LOL. Oh, I know you will have a blast! No wonder your shoulders are noodles. LOL! I think Kopje will be staying on land during your upcoming Section IV run. And, yes, Save the Pickle!  ;D  Yep, don't do Class IV or V rapids through those rocks in the Pickle, for sure!  ;D 8)  The rivers in that part of the country that I've had the pleasure of whitewater rafting on were the Nantahala (easy but fun - combined with a couple days of AT backpacking - yikes, it started sleeting and snowing, and had freezing rain on me while I was going down the river solo - brrr!), the French Broad, the Ocoee (Upper and Lower - a total blast!!), 2 sections of the Chattooga (oh yeah, Baby!), and 1 section of the Chattahoochee. It helped that I lived in NC - easy, short drives to most of those from where I was at the time.  You and Pip must be having a total blast!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4983 on: May 16, 2023, 01:34:13 PM »

Royal Albatross - 5/16
Weigh day - tricky bill this morning, SP chick.

With a big breakfast under his feathers, chick at 116 days old, weighed 9.4 kg this morning. Thank you Rangers.

Dad GLY was in for breakfast and also dinner today. Thanks Dad.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1658434630373224448

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

« Reply #4984 on: May 16, 2023, 01:34:23 PM »

I have had too many hh workers!   Very  irritating!  Have been training anew one everyday.  Some okay, others not so much
Baz, have cushioned sofa and chairs on the screened porch amd a glider and a table and chairs on the patio!   Bench in the garage.
Lani, instacart is fine.  When they make a mistake they credit your account
Supposed tp get a little rain.  It is darker than usual,  shall see?

Karen, you are all set up in style for sitting outside during the nice weather - and a screened porch, too! I hope you are feeling well enough to be taking good advantage of all that. Sitting out with a view and an ear on nature is a major mood elevation method for me.  I am sooo jealous of you having a glider!! I love them!! I call dibs!!  ;) :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4985 on: May 16, 2023, 01:59:59 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAXIE!!  I hope you have a fun day with special treats!  :D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4986 on: May 16, 2023, 02:04:12 PM »

TIG   I've been trying to get wrens for years in my wren house.  Nada.  But had some comic relief the other day when a sparrow was trying forever to get in the smaller hole.  LOL

Thanks KB.  Kind of wish I had a shade garden - Miss the one I had at previous home.

LORI  Right on - great eagle shot.

LANI   Sweet AM pic  :)  Thank you.  Turns out that Jean's husband almost died but they got him back and he is doing well for 2 days now.  One doc had suggested home with palliative/hospice care but Dennis said - " I want to live.  I'll do whatever they want" - So he may go on dialysis for a bit.   Thanks for the TRR update.  Curtis "pops" with color    Did my quick multiplication and SP now 20#  Pretty heavy to lift now  LOL
Chicagoland

baziunc

« Reply #4987 on: May 16, 2023, 02:20:25 PM »

(((Lisa))), ugh... hang in there!!  Maybe you can cuddle up with the squirming cuddle puddle?!  ;) :D

Just rest as best as you can, and I hope you will feel some better soon. Hugs!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #4988 on: May 16, 2023, 02:31:25 PM »

This lovely Almond Cream Cake is light, moist and velvety with lightly sweet whipped frosting that pairs perfectly with the delicious almond cake.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #4989 on: May 16, 2023, 02:37:17 PM »

Royal Albatross - 5/16
Weigh day - tricky bill this morning, SP chick.

With a big breakfast under his feathers, chick at 116 days old, weighed 9.4 kg this morning. Thank you Rangers.

Dad GLY was in for breakfast and also dinner today. Thanks Dad.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1658434630373224448

So dang cute....a sassy little guy..

baziunc

« Reply #4990 on: May 16, 2023, 02:39:13 PM »

TSK, I'm so sorry Jean's husband is so ill. I know she really appreciates your group being there for her.

Karen, great pic of the eagle on ice!  Thanks, Lori! :)

KB, the shade garden is coming along nicely!

Phyl, your dinner... YUMMMMM!!!  :D  Oh, that gator was a dinosaur. But who's looking that closely anyway. LOL.  ;) ;D

E4E, glad you had nice weather for the Mother's Day bbq.

Lani, what a sweet little mouse in the Tulip blossom!  :) :-*  I loved using my soaker hoses. They were perfect in the garden area that got brutal all-afternoon sun! I just snaked it around and through the plantings and let it slowly drip while I was at work. I put them away in the winter, and never had to do any maintenance on mine.

Clynn, hope the dumpster gets there today! And hope you don't have to stay very long.

Tig, wrens are my fav of favs little birdies... I can watch them non-stop. I have not seen my cute Wrenny Wren much lately. Chickadees are sooo fun, too! I love the way they chatter with each other... would be fun for you to have some tiny little Chickadee baby birds!

Hi OG! I hope you're getting along well.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 02:41:15 PM by baziunc »

LisaG1967

« Reply #4991 on: May 16, 2023, 02:44:50 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Thank you all for the ((feel better's))   :-*  Everyone has such pretty Daisy's so going to add to the bunch.

Phyl - Beautiful pic from Flyway this morning, and from all the cams.   

E4E - Thanks! 

clynn - Hope you got the dumpster delivered today. 

karen - I had to  ;D ;D at your comment to, try lying down with the kitties.  Of all days, I have had two escapees today.  One black one (Raven), and one tabby (Lizzie) that I found under the bed!!!  I had to lay down with one eye open!!!

tsk - Big hugs for your ((friend)), that does sound like an ordeal.

kb - Your plants look like they are coming along nicely.

Lori - Wow, that once in a lifetime photo...thanks for posting for karen.

Lani - Thank you! Good to see that Robin is still doing good!  Thanks for the Royal update.

baz - Cute kitty post!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, maxie!!!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #4992 on: May 16, 2023, 02:47:38 PM »

Sending hugs, love and prayers for Lisa!!  feel better sweetie!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #4993 on: May 16, 2023, 03:49:28 PM »

Plants and gardens al sound great!

Lisa, not surprised at the twp escapees!   Lol!  Did they come out by themselves or did you hve to reach in after them?  They will all get out ofthe pool!  Have you thought about a very large cage?    You could always call it crate training!  Is the tabby the smiling one that was snuggledwith Misty with her arm aroind it?   Sosorry you are ailing!
Baz, you were on the rivers in .western, nc!
Tsk,very sad about Jeans husband.  Does he have conjestive heart failure? 
Lori, thanks forposting the eagle in British .columbia!   Iloveit!

LisaG1967

« Reply #4994 on: May 16, 2023, 04:04:03 PM »

karen - They got out by themselves!  After the 5th time of me putting them back in the lil pool, I went on Amazon and ordered this to keep them contained.  ;D  Yep, the tabby is the smiley one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VPKWGZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1