Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Our Babies at the Rainbow Bridge  (Read 56043 times)

carewolf10

• Caring and Sharing
    • Carol's Castle of Hopes and Dreams
Re: Our Babies at the Rainbow Bridge
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2014, 04:23:28 AM »

SASSY MY LOVE

I am so sorry for your loss Inki. Sassy went to the Rainbow Bridge where she will wait for you.
She took a piece of her heart with her and left a piece of hers with you. One time when the time is right you two will meet again.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 04:39:16 AM by carewolf10 »

carewolf10

• Caring and Sharing
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2014, 01:31:14 AM »

The Rainbow Bridge

Watch this beautiful story of the Rainbow Bridge.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:36:39 AM by carewolf10 »

carewolf10

• Caring and Sharing
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2014, 01:40:59 AM »

Please feel free to share the story of your baby with us in pictures-words -and favorite poems.

If you need help please PM me on the board.

k4nil

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2014, 02:53:18 PM »

Beehive5 ~  Our Heartfelt Condolences from all of us at Decorah Legends of Charlies  Passing

k4nil

k4nil

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »

RIP  Rooster !  You were a loved member of the Hiers Family !!! and, will be missed !

k4nil
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/decorah-legends ..
http://www.facebook.com/DecorahLegends .
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:54:17 AM by k4nil »

k4nil

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2014, 01:00:55 PM »

Our Sincerest Condolences  Molly  ~

Your Gracie ~~~   

from all of us at The Decorah Legends 

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2014, 02:09:24 AM »

I'm so sorry about Gracie

k4nil

« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2014, 08:32:34 AM »

Mr. McGruff  .. Beloved Royal Standard Poodle of PrincessPalmBeach  <3
Sincerest Condolences from all of us at The Decorah Legends 

k4nil / http://www.ustream.tv/channel/decorah-legends

k4nil

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2014, 07:53:21 AM »

Condolences to Bethany and Justin on the loss of their sweet Dingo  .. his name  .. D.O.G.    ...
from all of us at The Decorah Legends  ..

k4nil

carewolf10

• Caring and Sharing
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2014, 01:02:39 AM »

Happy Bridge Day Brandy

I hope you are having a wonderful Party at the Rainbow Bridge today.  Brandy we miss you so much.

Your heart will always be in our hearts. One day when the road turns we will join all of you babies at the Rainbow Bridge. Kiss all your brothers and sisters for us.
 {McGoo}{Shezam}{Mutzy}{Spartacus}{Loki}{Pandora}{Vicki}{Savannah}Birds{Peso}{Bijou}{Lovey}

Love and hugs to you all-our beautiful babies at the bridge.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:28:05 AM by carewolf10 »

carewolf10

• Caring and Sharing
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2014, 04:39:34 AM »

Mr. McGruff  .. Beloved Royal Standard Poodle of PrincessPalmBeach  <3
Sincerest Condolences from all of us at The Decorah Legends 

k4nil / http://www.ustream.tv/channel/decorah-legends

K4  Thank You so much for filling the board with your original drawings of the beautiful babies who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge. I know the happiness and comfort you are bringing to the people who are missing their wonderful fur children. You are so talented. This picture really touched me as we had taken in a black standard poodle named McGoo who we lost way too soon. He used to run around the neighborhood with our little white Lhasa Shezam-What a pair.

k4nil

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2014, 04:23:02 PM »

Sincere Condolences  to Denise and her Family  .. on the loss of Flint
from all of us at Decorah Legends ...

He was a Dogue de Bordeaux, a type of French Mastiff

k4nil ..

carewolf10

• Caring and Sharing
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2014, 09:24:47 PM »

A CHRISTMAS STORY

December is the best month of the year at the Rainbow Bridge. For the dogs there is snow to romp in and the angels always have time to toss snowballs for them to chase. The cats enjoy patting at the snowflakes as they fall, and then curling up near the fireplace for a nice winter's nap. Of course they have a huge party with lots of special treats and presents.This is the only night they remember the people who love them and their earthly homes.

But it is the lights that make this time so special. Winter on the Earth, their former home, is a time of lengthening darkness, and in December candles glow all around the globe beginning with Chanukah, the Festival of Lights, and continuing on right through the New Year's festivities. At the Bridge the glow of these candles is reflected in all of the trees, and in the hearts of all the Bridge Kids as they observe the month in their own special ways.

For most it is a time of great joy, but each year there are always a few who draw apart..
Near to midnight, "home time" on December 24 Charlie realized someone was missing from the Hale Family gathering. "I'll be right back," he told his siblings. He passed many similar groupings of friends and families as he hurried down the well worn path, many called out to him, but he only acknowledged the greetings with a wave and continued on. The path ended at the Rainbow, and there he found a small group of newcomers, each sitting quietly, alone. One of these, the missing Sandifur, was crouched at the very edge, his stumpy tail twitching rapidly, as he stared at the scene below.

"You are missing the party, little brother," Charlie said.
"I don't care," replied Sandifur, "I don't like Christmas anyway. "

Charlie only smiled. "I felt the same way my first year. Do you remember your very first Christmas with Mom and Dad? Remember the new scratching tree they gave you that year, and the catnip mice? And remember all the good things we got to eat? That was a great time, wasn't it?" Sandifur nodded, still gazing intently below. "I want to go back."
"I did too, " Charlie said, licking gently at his brother's ear. "But we can't, baby brother. This is our place now. But it's Christmas Eve and Mom and Dad miss us so much. Look, mom is lighting a candle right now, just for us and she is crying."

"Christmas Eve is her time to remember, little one, but tomorrow she will pass out the presents to all of our brothers and sisters, and she will be happy again. I want to show you something. Come with me."
      Together the two climbed the arch of the Rainbow, and at the very top Charlie stopped. "Do you see that big silver cloud over there? Watch closely."

As Sandifur gazed the cloud began to swirl and gradually an image came into view. The clearing where he had left his family, and a larger gathering around the big, glowing pine tree. He could see the dogs, many more of them than when he had left, playing fetch and tug of war, and the kiddens, so many kiddens, sleeping in a heap, their soggy catnip mice forgotten in the grass.

Suddenly the kiddens all woke up, and the dogs ceased their play and stared into the darkness beyond the clearing, tails wagging in greeting.
And then, much to Sandifur's amazement, two humans stepped into the light."
"Hurry, Charlie, we have to go back," he said. " Mom and Dad, they're here!"
"Not just yet, Sandy. That cloud is our Window into Tomorrow.
Come back with me now, and join the others. The reunion will come. The Rainbow is God's promise."

Sandy reluctantly pulled his gaze away from the vision of the future, and followed Charlie. They found the others waiting for them at the base of the rainbow. "Is it time?" Charlie asked.
Terrie nodded, "They are waiting."
All of the Hale Bridgekids drew together, and looked over the edge, and along the entire length of the rainbow similar groups were gathered, all looking down at their former homes.

Suddenly the light of a million candles from the Earth met the glow from the Rainbow Bridge. "Now," Charlie whispered.

In unison three words were repeated again and again, and as they were spoken they merged with the bridge of light, flowing from the rainbow to the earth, and back again in ever increasing brilliance, and the colors of the rainbow merged with the light. "I love you," they all said, and the love entered every heart of the pet parents on earth, and the hearts of those who gathered at the Rainbow.

"Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad," Sandifur whispered again, as he watched the lights slowly fade. "I love you. I will be waiting.
"I will look ahead for I know you are part of our tomorrow. Come on everyone-it's time for our party. There is a huge stack of presents around our beautiful tree."

Written by Marion Hale

I first heard this story at Petloss.com where Ed Williams the owner and moderator of this site for healing hearts reads it every Christmas Eve. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:52:20 PM by carewolf10 »

k4nil

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »

Misty Eyes   ..  we miss them terribly ....  but .. so Thankful ...  they adopted us !
Let's celebrate them  ..   hugs and hearts !!!!

k4nil
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/decorah-legends

k4nil

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2015, 03:57:55 PM »

Condolences to Cousin Terry and her Husband on the loss of LeeLe
sweet dog and wonderful companion

hugs   / Kathy ~ k4nil