Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 148981 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3990 on: April 29, 2024, 05:55:07 PM »

Karen, I agree! But the hand ortho told me to start using it when they took the big heavy splint off of it this past Friday. It is "buddy taped" to my ring finger, and I can remove that at times. Yep, the OT will provide further recommendations.

Clynn, LOL, my version of that injured middle finger salute is attached - it's the picture from the original ultra-lightweight splint, that was changed a few days later by the hand ortho to a much more heavy-duty splint/taping, which I don't have a picture of in "the salute" mode.  ;) ;D  Yep, I watched some tennis today - saw my boyfriend win his dicey 3rd round match, and watched Madison Keys take a somewhat surprising very close win over Coco Gauff. Also saw some of the Andreeva match - it was her 17th birthday today, so her win was her b'day present. My boyfriend plays again tomorrow.

The very temporary lightweight original splint picture is attached below. It was changed a few days later by the hand ortho to a much more substantial splint and taped covering.
  ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 06:08:37 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3991 on: April 29, 2024, 06:08:26 PM »

BAZI    You are making good progress and technically you would likely rehab your own hand by just using it.  But good idea to get the OT eval and a home program which would safely guide your progression to meet goals.  ;)

CLYNN   You can tell Lesley is Canadian because "about" comes out as " aboot"  LOL  Mom had a friend born in Canada who never lost that accent.  No disrespect EMY  ;) ;) ;)   Sophie is quite a handful  :o  I would have been hysterical with her on the roof.  Reminds me of Miri climbing trees while Maru and Hana look on  LOLOL     I like your idea of a punch card - get 5 perms and next one is on the house   ;D    Ghost fleet of Mallows Bay.  Interesting.  Looks like a nest in that second photo.

Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3992 on: April 29, 2024, 06:16:55 PM »

Tsk, I was hoping that might be the case, but had some reservations about the middle finger - it's pretty ugly in the middle, and even though still swollen quite a bit, it doesn't seem to be operating the way I would expect it to so far. I'm hoping it's just a matter of time, and it is making progress, but I'm still somewhat concerned about it. Looking to get some positive feedback from the OT. Fingers crossed - on the other hand! I can't cross my fingers on my hurt hand yet.  ::) ;) Ouch!

Clynn, I forgot to say, thank goodness Sophie's escapades were discovered and she was brought back in safely before getting into any further predicaments!
  :-*

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #3993 on: April 29, 2024, 06:20:23 PM »

Have a good night, everyone

Will catch up in the morning.

Puff

« Reply #3994 on: April 29, 2024, 06:21:48 PM »

tsk, Lesley makes wonderful videos, the Chickadee video is so good, and I love her voice!  We can watch all of her old videos again since she has retired...

Sophie somehow got onto the roof, climbing the deck screen up to where it meets the house! She has done this several times and we had to get her down! We could hear her walking in the gutter or on top of it or something (we have gutter guards). But SOMEHOW she managed to get out onto the actual roof over the garage! I have the guy who fixed the deck roof coming over to do some more cat proofing. Because if she can get out, a squirrel could get in!

eburg, the price of a perm these days is outrageous, and I get one every three months! I told my stylist that I need to have a punch card so I could get a free one every 5 years or so...She just laughed...

Puff, I gave up on coloring my hair when I retired. Ed was gray before he was 30! Hey, I get my hair cut tomorrow morning! And Kelsey gets hers cut tomorrow afternoon!

Lani, thanks for the Royal Alby updates! I want to hug one of those big fluffy babies!

baz, have you watching tennis today?  Watch out for that swollen angry middle finger! Glad to hear they are getting better!

The Ghost Fleet of Mallows Bay, located in Maryland, USA.
It is here that hundreds of ships were sunk, 230 alone by the United States Shipping Board Merchant Fleet Corporation, with more than 100 of the vessels being wooden steamships, part of a fleet built to cross the Atlantic during World War I. 
Because they were built of wood, most of these ships were already obsolete by the end of the war, and the U.S. Navy did not want them due to high storage costs.  They were sold to the Western Marine & Salvage Company and moved to the Potomac River in Virginia, and eventually towed to Mallows Bay in 1925. The company went bankrupt and the ships were burned where they lay, only their hulls remain.
Remnants of those ships and many others, some dating back to the late 1700s, also lie there, including an early 1900s four-masted schooner, and many other vessels from the 19th and early 20th centuries.  Article and photos Deirdre Lynn •

I think we've all been given the finger!  ?    :o

P

Emyrauld

« Reply #3995 on: April 29, 2024, 07:52:07 PM »

Tsk. I have no idea what y’all talkin’ about
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3996 on: April 29, 2024, 08:53:26 PM »

TSK-pretty flowers this Am; Yesterday's dandelion was a good365 and a haven for honeybees

HI CLYNN-  pretty peace waterfall this AM; I enlarged the P. Eagles snap shot and no 'egglet' .  :(
Talon snaps at salon are real 'keepers'. I think Aveda has a 'curling' shampoo...or at least reinforces the curl on already has.   Lumpy has an unusual shell
and really looks like some good protection.  Just love those Tiger Cubs
Ah those DN kids...!   Sure is 'spooky' for The Ghost Fleet of Mallows Bay. Good one for Halloween

LISA- those 'mums' are so pretty;  sharing same weather and I think there's some rain about 2AM-ish; Jeff's car 'Okay'?

HI KAREN

LANI-many tks for the Royal report, sweet 'Family Time' photo; will indeed miss lesley's vids

BAZ-congrats on the OT improvement

CLYNN  OMG!!!  Sophie out on the roof  :o.  That gal is adventuresome!

I've cut my own hair for the past 20    +/- years. Start with a great pair of scissors.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3997 on: April 29, 2024, 08:58:23 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  🙏 's

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #3998 on: April 29, 2024, 09:41:50 PM »

Emy, we have been talking to and about .baz who fell and injured her hand!  In addition to multiple problems to the ring finger and index finger she broke s bone in the middle finger,  She will be starting Occupational therapy (ot) to help.  Is this what you are asking about?
Good to see you post!

Seds.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3999 on: April 29, 2024, 10:05:32 PM »

Og- Hope you get more rain!

Lani- I bet your beef jerky recipe was such a treat for your family!   Love the Albie update - thank you!

Phyl- Like Philippine Eagles and Newman Great Spirits pics!  All wonderful nest pics! :)

Puff- Special cooky cook book - love your story! :)  That is a keepsake for sure!!

Clynn- Bella is growing up!  Talon too with his new 'do'!!  Thank you for pics of the Munchkins!!!  ;D :-* :)   Love the DNN pic - I've had the cam up too!

LisaG- Hope you didn't have to wait too long to pick up Jeff's car.   Are the kitties okay with the new TV now?

Tig- Laundry day- ya gotta do it! ;D

Tsk- I still have, and cherish my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that my Mom gave me at my bridal shower in 1975! :)    Bet it felt so nice getting a haircut. :)

Baz- Good for you in how well your hand is healing! :)

Clynn- Wow! Sophie sure is a firecracker!!  She clearly loves to explore!!

Kb, Karen, BL, Lori, Emy, Eburg  :)

Good night Beakers - be safe - sleep well.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4000 on: April 30, 2024, 12:42:42 AM »

Tsk. I have no idea what y’all talkin’ about

;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4001 on: April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 AM »

Eburg  ;D

Baz, glad to hear your hand is healing everyday. Congrats to your boyfriend! Terrible destruction of homes and loss of life from the tornadoes.  :'(

Clynn, love your suggestion to your hairstylist!  ;D .... Sophie is definitely the adventure and she's able to get on the roof. YIKES! Cats are so smart. Too smart! Thank goodness, you discovered it and cat proofing is the next step..... There was good news at Hellgate. The new male is persistent, he came back and he brought her fish twice, as well as helping with nestoration. Prayers Louis stays away. I wouldn't be surprised if Louis primary mate has eggs in nest. Hopefully, he'll stay there....The story of the Ghost Fleet is interesting. I can't believe so many ships are buried there going back 200 years or more.

SED Lisa, I hope all is well with Jeff's car.

SED Karen, Eagles, Emy :)

Phyl, pretty good night pic

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4002 on: April 30, 2024, 02:13:04 AM »

some bounce

BAZ ... I'm sure you are getting good care from docs. Do speak to OT re: how much you can or should do. When I broke my wrist... first time I saw OT and showed how much I could and was doing, she asked me to slow down a bit! I was being too aggressive in my range of motion and repetitions.  :o
Best of luck on a good recovery.
SED all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #4003 on: April 30, 2024, 06:12:00 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.

Currently: 64F cloudy   High  79F  partly sunny,  Low 59F

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4004 on: April 30, 2024, 06:13:03 AM »

#IstandwithEvan