Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 543661 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4755 on: May 24, 2024, 06:38:52 AM »

Those Iowa storms again heading this way.  Wonder if this time my backyard will see rain... :-\

BAZI   EAGLES Mom has PT and Ed just finished..LOL

KAREN   WOW  Good luck at the DMV.

EAGLES   Having an advocate for the elderly at doc appts is a great idea esp if memory is an issue...

LANI   So scary  - at least for me - when Tim falls so can imagine in the "middle of the night" that happening and then you go right at fixing the chair.  :o  Hope Mike manages OK today and happy to hear no travel at least for a week. (((Mike)))   I think I'll take the cicadas.   ;D ;D

PHYL  Love the black-eyed susans  :D   Pink sunflowers - I've never seen.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4756 on: May 24, 2024, 07:43:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I'm late today! Another big storm went through, it woke me up around 4:30. Erin lost power where he lives. He was panicking because the sump pump was of course, not running and he was hauling water out in a bucket as it filled up. There's really nothing that can be done. Now he wants to get a generator that can run the sump pump. And Kelsey slept through everything, she just got up! Erin just texted, no power yet but he has the sump pump running, he has power outlets in his Silverado that he plugged it in to.!

Phyl, majestic GBH and a beautiful sunrise at the Flyway! Wish we could send some of this rain to those who need it! Love those pink sunflowers! Sweet baby book, it's a treasure for sure. Lots of pictures of your Mom, I bet, holding you and so proud of what she made...

Lani, oh no, poor Mike! Hope he's not too sore! Cheers to you for fixing the chair, isn't it amazing what is on youtube to fix or operate anything! Well, for many of us anyway. Mom said there were no instructions that came with the new toaster I sent her, just a piece of paper with the link to see it online! (I checked, there is a youtube video for it). She said she was going to call them (on her landline) and ask them to send printed instructions. I don't know what is complicated about it, it works just like her old one.  ::) ;D ;D Love the Bear report!

E4E, my Mom is the same way, she always has at least one appointment while I am there, and I do all the driving when I am there. It's good for her to have help! She is the oldest of 3 girls (they have 1 brother who is the baby and lives in AZ), they are all widows and Linda, the youngest usually does the driving. They check on each other almost daily and all live within 10 miles of each other. It eases my mind, since I am the closest, 500 miles away.

Lisa, love the picture of Sydney! She is just getting prettier and prettier!  Cathy took us to Bucky's when we were all there in October. Huge place, it took an hour or more just to get a look at everything...and the food! Kelsey has a Buckey's tie dye tee shirt and a mug:

tsk, you are a one-woman yard crew! Are you getting rain? The radar looks like you may get some this afternoon!

tig, thanks for the news on Iris and the 3rd egg!

kb, we have a wren in one of the pine trees. She sings every time we are out on the deck, I think she thinks we are too close!

baz, love the old picture! And that truck!  My Mom has a trove of old pictures, I love going through them. She got many from my Grandmother when she passed away in 2007. She was born in 1916, and I am sure some of her pictures were from her Mother. I have seen old pictures at Goodwill and it makes me sad, that no one cared to keep the memories. Janet ( England) told me that she is going through all of the pictures from their 19 trips to the US and all of the traveling that her and George did with Mom & Dad. They went everywhere and had such a good time! She wants me to have them and is going to send all of it to me when she gets it all organized. They don't have any children, we are their American family. Janet calls Mom every Wednesday and Sunday. Without fail.

Wild Heart Ranch - Good Morning Everyone!!! I had a blast taking pictures of these eastern bluebirds. They were soft-released this week. -Greg

I need to go get busy, I have a chiropractor appt this morning...and it is much needed!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 08:34:26 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #4757 on: May 24, 2024, 08:31:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

It has been an active morning here - tornado warning woke us up at 6:40 - a front of about 85 miles lit up with multiple tornado signatures on the radar.  The first confirmed was near Wellman about 20 miles to the SW and aiming for the IC area.  Found a storm chaser on YouTube covering the storm - at one point he identified 7 locations of rotation along the front.  We had some wind that was moving the trees and some heavy rain, but so far no major damage reports for Iowa City - only tree damage reports.  Still have some loud thunder at this time, but only moderate rain.  So far 1 inch or less for the area.

Today is Maru's 17th birthday...
I am Maru 17   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUGXNISRm3U
Maru in the bucket is heavy   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3YkWR0eu2M

This is a channel that is about an off road vehicle recovery business located in Moab Utah.  They build their own rigs to get into the very challenging terrain of Moab to repair or remove broken down vehicles from the park.  They record the trips, showing the landscape that they are driving thru...  Thought that many here would like to see this for the views as opposed to the work...  ;)
High Speed Welding Job   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LF8OeQsY_w

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4758 on: May 24, 2024, 09:17:46 AM »

bounce

(( Lani/Mike ))

Stay safe all

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4759 on: May 24, 2024, 09:27:15 AM »

CLYNN   Possible Erin could get a battery back up - That's what we have.  However years ago we did get a generator.  He is very ingenious!!  Great idea with the car outlets  :o   Printed instructions are hard to find these days.  He would never survive if he had to go on-line to find out how to do something. ::)   Yes, your storms are headed this way.  The entire north east corner of Ill is in the watch area.  I will not plan on rain in my yard.  Going to a movie this afternoon after some house work this AM  ;) ;)   You have such wonderful friends and family and so great that you are going through all those pics now when Mom/sisters have the memory for who is who and where is where so you can write it on the photo.

OLDGUY   Happy Birthday Maru.  :)   Oh MY - Monster recovery vehicles - never have seen anything like that.

TIG   Do you leave today?
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #4760 on: May 24, 2024, 09:32:01 AM »

tsk  Eagles   That extra person can really be valuable when you need to know the whole story, the true story.  That was a serious bad result of Covid.   They would only let Ton in the room for his appts.  He - Ton - would always answer my questions with everything is OK, all right.  Not true.  I finally got some special reports from the nurse assistant on the sly.  Wish I had known more first hand info, more of the story; could have done more.

Clynn  baz  Phyl  Such loverly pics this morn.  I have bluejays, never had my own bluebird.  That crane pic I'd vote for as 1st place prize.  And I wonder what pink sunflower seeds would taste like  LOL .

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4761 on: May 24, 2024, 09:36:56 AM »

TSK... in the morn
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #4762 on: May 24, 2024, 10:23:50 AM »

tsk  I apologize if I'm repeating myself - it's about the talk of old pictures.

When my Aunt passed away, a group of us nieces and nephews went to Longmont, CO, to close up her affairs.  My aunt and uncle had now both passed away; they had no children.

One of the things we came upon was some of those 1920 pics of their early family/friends.  Only a couple even had a brief note on the back with date or first name.  My brother rounded up what we found and took them home to share with my SIL.  She was so very impressed that she took possession and made her plan.  She mounted some that really were sweet, but as they were no in the best condition-wise.  She then mounted them as is and displayed them on a wall in hall of the house alongside her own personal family olde momentto pictures.  They were not family and didn't even have names, but they fit in just perfect on the special display.  They were too nice to toss and even deserved more than to end up in a drawer or album.

Now that both Rod and Judie have passed away, and son David sold their house, I can only wonder and hope that we did good by those loverly people.

P

Part II  (I forgot)

I took on the handling of my Aunt Lydia's jewelry.  With no children and the love of her life, he treated her well.  I gathered it together and made an inventory and sent it to cousins throughout the country.  (I didn't mention my mom's family had 13 children.)  I had things appraised/described and sent out to my cousins.  They had to let me send their choices as I received their picks.  Got selections from both female and male cousins. 

« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 10:31:37 AM by Puff »

LisaG1967

« Reply #4763 on: May 24, 2024, 10:31:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers...T.G.I.F.!!

I hope all who are or were in the path of the storms this morning are safe!

tig - Thanks for the #3 egg info on Iris!

karen - LOL, look like the little's of Spring Hill!  The high chair does have a tray, pretty sure Bradley took it off, so I could see her in her dress.

E4E - That is good that your mom like when you all go to appts with her.  I like when Jeff goes with me, too.  I am sometimes listening to what the doc says, but not always paying attention.   ::)  It was a quick trip across the bridge.  I dare not go today with the graduation and Memorial Day traffic. 

Phyl - Thanks for kind words on Sydney.  Pretty pink sunflowers.

Lani - I hope Mike is feeling better this morning after his fall.  Yikes, on the snakes being up and moving. 

Puff - LOL, those cicada's are definitely weird looking!

tsk - You be safe if those storms are headed your way. What movie are you going to see??

clynn - LOL, Kelsey got the Buc-ees mug!  I hope you tried the brisket sandwich there.  It is deeelish!  Thanks for kind words on Sydney.  Good luck at chiropractor! 

oldguy - Glad you are safe.  I hope Lori is too. 

kbshcb

« Reply #4764 on: May 24, 2024, 10:46:20 AM »

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Bewicks_Wren/overview
the Bewicks wren with a beautiful song.

Found out the wren I posted it's song with the other day through a friend.

Not in Minnesota nor the Northeast or Southeast as it shows in the link of it's current map.

Unfortunately they suspect the house wren has run this one out of a lot of the country by taking over it's nests and throwing eggs out. Partially due to house wren houses built...

So windy here now on the back side of our rain. Nonetheless, I need to try and take Ollie out soon for his walk. May need to put on more winter like clothes as it's only 63..

Later

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4765 on: May 24, 2024, 12:09:57 PM »

TGIF Beakers! ;D
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, beautiful Pink Sunflowers! ... good morning pic from the Flyaway!... GBH looking very majestic!

Tsk, my heart just about stopped when I saw him struggling to maintain a standing position by holding the counter and lifting the chair. Sadie's ears were down and in crouching position looking at Mike... That's Mike's comfy chair at the counter, so it needed to be fixed... there's only 3 chairs he is comfy on now...  he can't lift heavy things anymore. We work it out together.  ;D .... I do hearing the cicadas singing its song at night in Kansas... I didn't like them hanging on the screens and things. ICK!!

Clynn, oh poor Erin, the dreaded sump pump! What memories I have of flooded basements.  :( .. Erin is brilliant! Way to get it going!! . ... {{{your mom}}}, Mike's mom would probably ask for the printed instructions too.... awww sweet Eastern Bluebirds  :-*

Oldguy, I can't believe Mari is 17! Happy birthday sweet boy!! ... the High speed welding job! YIKES! Amazing, my heart stopped and back hurt watching! BL would love it!!  ;D

{{{Puff, Tig, Lisa}}} Take care  :-*

Oldguy, Lori, Clynn, Pink I hope your weather improves for this holiday weekend... Take special care! 🙏

Kb, sweet Bewick's Wren....  our morning temps are still in the 40's, so I've been wearing a light winter coat and even took the gloves back out. I always wear a hat... Have a good walk  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4766 on: May 24, 2024, 12:43:36 PM »

PUFF  Thanks for the old photos story.  Now, I always write on pics if I have them printed.  I would love to have had that jewelry assignment.  Of the 13 siblings of Mom where did she fit in?   How many cousins out of that group?

LISA  Almost dark as night here and a quick shower and now light rain.  But SW burbs - PUFF??  have 60/65 mph winds as well as south Chicago.   Angel Studios that made Cabrini has a new one   " Sight"  true story of a Chinese man persecuted in China - becomes very famous eye doc in USA.  Dr Ming.   Good that you don't have to cross the Bridge til Tues  LOL

KB  Merlin still did not identify that Bewicks wren - Wonder if it has something to do with recording it off of a PC?

LANI   One happy pup  ;D

Thunder all around us   :o
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #4767 on: May 24, 2024, 01:26:06 PM »

tsk - I have no idea..I'm not a Merlin user..however, once again, thanks for trying.

karengramke

« Reply #4768 on: May 24, 2024, 02:38:20 PM »

Well, back from the DMV and a quick trip to the grocery store!  Light traffic!  Folks are probanly alreadu at the beach!
I am the proud owner if a paper drivers licensee and an email confirmation that the lic will be mailed in 30 days!  Passed the eye exam and the woman asked if I wanted the motorcycle  driving  part renewed as well!  Laughed   And said not really! Lol!

Puff

« Reply #4769 on: May 24, 2024, 03:20:00 PM »

When we moved to Chgo in the 50's tsk 40 cousins sounds familiar.  Don't take that as a for sure though.  I was about 6? But then too all my aunt/uncles were still having kids.  And, it was very hard for Mom to even keep track of her sisters and brothers.  We're talking lots of people and many many cousins.  Making it even harder was we lived at least a minimum 1,000 miles from the nearest ones.  Even Mom found it hard to keep track and make changes for sending birthday and Christmas cards for her sibs, much more so for nieces and nephews.  We were the only ones east of Miss River - The rest were all around the Rockies and west of that. 

More on the ring --- Aunt Lydia knew I liked anything that sparkled. Did ya' know?  Uncle Sam and friend designed an on-going ring design.  As the years went on he might add another diamond for anniversaries.  I'm guessing 1970's she gave me the ring.  O M G  For insurance I got a description and evaluation, at that point $00,000.  Sad story is when she came for a visit one time and I wasn't wearing the ring.  She was hurt that I didn't have it on.  I told her "but you're still with us and it's your ring."  With tears in our eyes (me, auntie, mom) she said "Wear Your Ring and remember me and our love for each other."  When I wear it I always get a tear or two . . . I've lost it even now thinking of her.  They were an important part in my upbringing - They took me in to help Mom and Dad when things were not easy for us.

Final detail - When handling Aunt Lydia's distribution - I passed on claiming anything more.

A new meaning for Memorial Day in my world.  I will wear "our" ring on Monday.   ;D   :'(

P     

« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 03:26:00 PM by Puff »