Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 124498 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2940 on: March 27, 2024, 09:52:30 PM »

Baz- Sound like you have some good scenery during your walk!

Kb- That is a beautiful/loving tribute for the bridge with the Maryland flag colors. :-*    I hope you get some real 'Spring' weather soon.

Tig- I did not know about the previous bridge until the news was going over the past history of bridge collapses.  Thank you for telling the story of the 2007 collapse and how Camper was there to document it all.  Was this the year you were referring to?

Lani- Touching beautiful BE. :-*

Phyl- How is Jim feeling?  Good for you in looking after him and his medical appts.

Tsk- How is everyone in the household? ;D  I'm sure you are busy as usual!!

Clynn- Oh no, what a story of your cabbage patch doll floating in water!! :o

Og- Thank you for links!

LisaG- Yes, I bet it was a sad feeling crossing your bridge today . . . .

Bl - Nice of you to give Kb the snow stats!

Karen - Awe, poor Piper! But she has to have her nails trimmed!!  Hope she had a good nap afterwards!  You & Piper have a good night!

Hi Lori & Puff  :)

Beakers have a good evening & sleep well. :)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2941 on: March 27, 2024, 11:41:16 PM »

(((BL))), that's right singular that Clynn posted the Royal Gorge Bridge this morning. I'm so sorry about your friend and mentor. He must have been a very special person, who left quite a legacy, and indelible memories for you. Perfect song choice. Hugs.  :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2942 on: March 28, 2024, 12:16:26 AM »

Tsk what a pretty Easter egg today

CLynn absolutely love that  mason jar all done up in trinkets and charms w/ sun and moon ---I want it!!
Royal Gorge Bridge & Park, Colorado would make me weak kneed crossing it.

Lisa that croissant needs some red raspberry jam

Tig the article you shared is most interesting/informative, Tks.

OG there is little doubt that the F. Scott Key bridge disaster will impact the area, lives and trade for years perhaps decades

Lani oh goodie a Bear Study, tks;

BL  awesome photos of ClLynn's  ;     so you did a 'bungee' off  that  bridge,  :o           Loosing your friend and mentor   :'( :(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 12:35:30 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2943 on: March 28, 2024, 12:16:57 AM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs. 

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2944 on: March 28, 2024, 12:32:30 AM »

TSK, I can't blame you for not doing your daily walking today. You did a lot of walking without the treadmill! I only did 1 grocery store today. And you may recall, I missed about 4 or 5 days in a row without walking over the past week until finally getting in a walk yesterday. And it's supposed to be a deluge here all day tomorrow, so I had an extra "push" to get a walk in today, even though it was shorter.

Karen, wow! I'm so glad that big storm last night didn't crash down on your house the way it did a few miles from you!! You might need to turn up the volume on your severe weather alert system. Yes, that's the same system that's coming here, but it won't have the same punch it had where you live - just a lot of rain, because it's supposed to semi-stall for a bit here, and it will be windy tomorrow afternoon here, but only in the 30+ mph range - not like your 70+ mph straight line winds! I'm so glad you and Piper are okay, and Piper made it through his manicure.  :-* P.S. I don't think your ENT would recommend your birthday bungee jump from the Royal Gorge Bridge, but, you know what they say, "Knock yourself out."  ;D ;)

E4E, I'm lucky that I am surrounded by so much varied nature within a short number of paces from my door.

Sleep well, All.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2945 on: March 28, 2024, 12:48:21 AM »

BL, You've lived life to the fullest and then some!  ;D Cool pics... and very special mentor and memories.

Baz I agree "stuff happens all around" when you least expect it.   :-*

SED Karen, Looking forward to pics of the great bungee jump! I'll come watch and hold Piper! LOL!  8) ... awww Piper, I hope she has a good night's sleep after her stressful pedicure. Hugs for you both.  :-*

SED Eagles, Phyl, Tsk, Lisa  :-*

Good night!

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2946 on: March 28, 2024, 05:12:31 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, loved reading Lynn's Bearstudy update, he is so gentle and so in touch with all the critters around him. I am happy for him that his patience got him a beautiful shot of the eagle swooping in for food! I think he was excited! Hope you and Mike are doing well...and all of your Furkids!

baz, glad you were able to get a walk in yesterday, don't want you to blow away in the wind today!  ;D

Phyl, hope you and Jim are feeling even better today, and Miss Maggie too! Are you and Jim still getting along with one car? Saves $$$ if you can manage!

BL, great descriptions of your Royal Gorge jump! You are certainly a daredevil! The "deluxe adrenaline package" is a memory you will for sure never forget, I just can't imagine stepping off that bridge... ::) ::)  Sorry to hear that your mentor has passed away, he taught you well...

Talon got his Green Belt!

Decorah North - Laura Rose - DN17 and DN18 ❤️❤️

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #2947 on: March 28, 2024, 05:54:34 AM »

BL - Love John Mayer's version of "Free Falling" as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Ov0cDPZy8

It's on my treadmill playlist!...

I think John Mayer's version is barely discernible faster in tempo, or it's my imagination, LOL

I lived on both sides of Mulholland Dr., North in Sherman Oaks and South in West Hollywood.
Good song choice for your memory.

Phyl

« Reply #2948 on: March 28, 2024, 06:11:34 AM »

Good Morning Everyone....Maundy Thursday

Currently:39F clear   High  64F sunny,  Low 38F

Difficult to get appts w/ pulmonologist and nephrologist .

Lani playful dogs last night; prayers for Dr. Rogers

CLynn  No, the Pontiac was replaced in late December with a 2017 Ford Fusion. Congrats to Talon on his 'green belt'. Awwww DN17 and 18.

Prayers for:Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/holidays/what-is-maundy-thursday-11628350.html

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 09:20:00 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2949 on: March 28, 2024, 06:12:34 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Eaglet Growth and Development: Week One
'We’re writing a series of blogs about the first few weeks of an eaglet’s life. An eaglet spends roughly 75 to 80 days in the nest. For about the first half, it grows and gains weight. For about the second half, it grows flight feathers and starts developing the skills it will need post-fledge. We will focus on week one in this blog.'

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/03/27/eaglet-growth-and-development-week-one-2/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2951 on: March 28, 2024, 06:23:27 AM »

Late, last night  while in Cyber World. I happen to come upon this ...I was intrigued and thought I'd share
it .

The Ancient Galilee Boat,  AKA  the Jesus Boat

https://www.jesusboat.com/ginosar-home-of-jesus-boat/
https://www.seetheholyland.net/jesus-boat/

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #2952 on: March 28, 2024, 07:10:42 AM »

I instantly saw a pi symbol!

Beautiful photo of an amazing mother - Risasi ("The Bullet").
With cheetah numbers plummeting in Masai Mara, this girl managed to raise her 2 boys (from initial 4) to reach 1 yo.
They still have a long way to go to reach adulthood but it`s a huge accomplishment.

Happy Thursday all...gotta get the boulders out of my way at the end of the driveway today..street plow ice that is..a foot high..so I can back out safely. Although my Jeep could probably bust through just fine.
I'll try a flat spade for a narrow path first

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2953 on: March 28, 2024, 07:18:40 AM »

MORNING ALL

KAREN   You are a sound sleeper for sure.  Glad the power went back on quickly and no obvious damage.  Dr Hall is such a good friend.

BL  So sorry to hear of your dear friend and mentor passing away.  :'(  What memories you will have.

LANI   Prayers for Lynn Rogers that his carotid endarterectomy went well yesterday.  He had some great photos in the bear report.  That fox was beautiful.  REDPOLLS  :o :o

CLYNN   Congrats Talon  ;D ;D

KB  Good spot on the  pi symbol  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2954 on: March 28, 2024, 07:29:09 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Wow, that really is the Godfather of all Bunnies..LOL

kb - Oh, I see that too!  Good luck with the snow removal, and take it easy. 

Phyl - Thanks for 365, and RRP post.

clynn - WTG, Talon!!!!!!!  Love the pic of the DNN kiddo's!