Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533749 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2910 on: March 26, 2024, 07:07:29 PM »

Phyl, the water temp was about 46 or 47!    Think you were thinking about the air temp!  Still too  cold!
How is Jim?  Did you get his appointments?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 08:27:12 PM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #2911 on: March 26, 2024, 09:20:30 PM »

BL - the admin of the group stated he thinks it's a Scots Pine tree....
Native to Europe and Asia but google says it's now naturalized in the US...
He's been posting tons of historical info on the area I grew up in.
Flashbacks of Bloomington and surrounding areas fb page

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2912 on: March 26, 2024, 09:24:43 PM »

Phyl - Hope Jim is doing a little bit better each day.  Nice warm temp even if you got rain!! ;D  Thank you for all links!   As what you said, I can't imagine how awful for those construction workers to have fallen into those frigid waters at 1:30 a.m. I am so sad for those lost and their families. :'( :'(    Thanks for the history of your Dad & Mom and how your Dad worked on a tug boat.

Lani - That will be nice if you get together with Shannon on Sunday!

Clynn - Read what you said about water/flooding in your houses over the years, and I say that you have had more than your share of floods and too much water!

Karen - I too, was concerned that the bridge was too close to LisaG and I was relieved that she was fine.

LisaG - When I turned on our tv right before 7 am this morning and they were showing and talking about the 'Key' bridge, I was almost shaking as I signed into the Beak to check on you.  Thank goodness you were fine!!!   I am so sorry for the construction workers who were lost in that terrible tragedy.  So very sad for All  :'( :'(

Tsk - Yes, we are lucky our garage only flooded by up to 1/3" in the highest area.  The outside walkway alongside our garage had at least 3" of water before going into the garage.   We just had to dry things out, but at least nothing real valuable got absolutely ruined.   Thank you for posting the report link from Jaspurr.

Tig - Love all the great pictures!!!

Puff - Sadly, what you said - that's about what I was hearing on the news. . . .

Lani - Like Royal Albatross! ;D

Karen - You & Piper have a good night too!

Beakers have a nice evening.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2913 on: March 26, 2024, 09:25:35 PM »

Sorry to learn there were no more rescues from the river in MD.  :(  Very sad. Prayers for their families and friends.

I finally got out to walk this afternoon. Walked 31 minutes. I walked to the marsh across the main street, the part where it is the big wide open area with all the tall, brown marsh grass, with trees around the edges of the marsh, and only a few dead and weathered ones here and there out in the open marsh area, where there is also the intracoastal waterway that leads to the river, though it's usually hard to see from the edge of the marsh because the grass is so tall. There were 6 Snowy Egrets perched together in a tall dead tree out in the middle of it! Very cool to see them all together in that tree like that. So pretty. Wish I had had my binoculars with me!

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #2914 on: March 26, 2024, 09:28:07 PM »

Lisa

Our new 35W Bridge is lit up tonight in your Maryland flag colors to honor the deaths. Red, white, yellow, and black.
This is our bridge that fell down in 2007.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2915 on: March 26, 2024, 10:10:38 PM »

No bounce

Aw KB. I just read this and broke into tears. That is such a a sweet thing. I showed it to Camper right away.
Y'all prolly didn't know, we have a connection. We both worked for MnDOT at the time. We were here at my family home to meet a man to sell the living room rug after Mom had passed the previous August. We heard about the 35W bridge collapse on the radio. Camper jumped into action as he was the department photographer. I dropped him off at work so he could get his equipment and a company car. But his cell phone battery was dead so I gave him mine. I had many anxious hours waiting for him to come home that night. And every week for the year of rebuilding he was there.. documenting it all.
SED
Hug your loved ones...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2916 on: March 27, 2024, 01:01:05 AM »

Baz, enjoyed your story of your former boyfriend and insight on Tug boats/Harbor pilot.. .. It's a small world isn't it.
Glad you were able to get out and see 6 beautiful egrets.  :-*

Phyl, thanks for sharing more of your family history...

Thank you Puff, Phyl, Kb, Lisa, Camper/Tig, Karen, Eagles, Tsk, for your news, your stories and insight.... sending hugs...

Oh kb, what a special thing to do to honor those lost.....  this is all so sad and tragic.  :'(

Good night!

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #2917 on: March 27, 2024, 05:51:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Jeff and I are off to the endocrinologist at 7am, but wanted to pop in and say, Morning!

karen - I think I know which bridge you are talking about in North Mobile.

tsk - Yes, same thing I thought...tiny sticks falling down. 

kb - Awww, that is very nice of MN to light up their bridge for MD! 

Phyl - The local news is now talking about the presumed deceased.  :(
How is Jim feeling??

E4E - Yes, very sad. 

baz - Glad you got your walk in.

tig - Wow, what an experience for both you and Camper, with the 35W bridge collapse working for the MNDOT.

Lani:)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2918 on: March 27, 2024, 06:16:23 AM »

Good  Wednesday   Morning Everyone....

Currently: 39F clear feels like 36  High  60F sunny,  Low 38F

Yes Lisa I know---the news conference yesterday FTSB announced that this would now be a 'recovery' operation.  Sadly... All we can do is pray for their families. And, for  a swift reconstruction and return to normalcy.
All the best at doc's today.

Karen  Sadly,  Now...All we can do is pray for their families.  You and Piper take care.

Lani    indeed a mournful eagle 

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Frances Scott Key Bridge collapse; Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 06:40:51 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #2919 on: March 27, 2024, 06:17:04 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

March 25, 2024: The eaglet has landed!
https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/03/25/march-25-2024-the-eaglet-has-landed/

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #2921 on: March 27, 2024, 06:20:46 AM »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #2922 on: March 27, 2024, 06:25:26 AM »

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2923 on: March 27, 2024, 06:41:14 AM »

PHYL   You also have backround involving tug boats.  I agree about farm Mom's  - resourceful and sturdy.   We have a downy woodpecker that must live very close as just about every time we look into the backyard, there it is on the suet feeder hanging on our big maple.   What a cute picture of D17&D18 from Amy's blog   That is a beautiful home in that one house town.

BAZI   You have the best walks :o

TIG   Thanks for that back story on the 35W bridge collapse in 2007.   Camper was one busy guy for a while.  What an experience.

LISA   Imagine what the 2 survivors of the bridge collapse have to live with... :'(

Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2924 on: March 27, 2024, 07:00:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, you are the early bird this morning! That croissant looks delicious! Here is a picture of the Key Bridge that shows the ramps  were describing:

Lani, haunting picture of the eagle looking at his reflection... thanks for the Royal Alby update yesterday, they are doing well, those big sweet birds!

baz, I would love to sit with you and just watch the critters you see around you, I would have a rum and coke and you would have your favorite...very interesting story of your old boyfriend! My first husband was from Albion, I was smitten when I met him, a soldier just back from 3 years in Viet Nam. I never ran into him in Albion after we split, but i did run into his parents. They were good people. He passed away in 2022, his Dad in 2021 and his Mom in 2020. I still talk to his sister...

tig, I remember when the bridge collapsed in Minneapolis, it was the news of the day. And you and Camper were right there! I bet he took hundreds of pictures, from every angle!  Yes, hug your loved ones, you just never know when tragedy can happen...

There are conflicting reports about whether there were cars on the Francis Scott Key Bridge when it collapsed. According to an internal U.S. Department of Homeland Security briefing, there were "no vehicles transiting the bridge at the time of the incident". However, Kevin Cartwright, director of communications for the Baltimore Fire Department, said that several vehicles were on the bridge at the time of the collapse, including one the size of a tractor-trailer. Video footage shows cars and trucks on the bridge as it collapsed. Baltimore Fire Chief James Wallace says rescuers have “detected the presence of vehicles” in the water, although they do not know how many vehicles are there.

E4E, the one memory of our basement flooding is of my Cabbage Patch dolls, still in the box, floating in the 18" of water. I did a lot of crafts back then (late 80's) and it was all in the basement!

tsk, not only the survivors, but the people on the cargo ship...how terrible they must be feeling and are they still on the ship? I couldn't find anything about the people on the ship.

Phyl, oh that cute baby in the bunny outfit! Turkeys in the wild and the cutest little eaglets in Amy's Blog! Breathtaking pictures of Alaska in the article, will read later. Thanks for all the stuff! 26 right now, high 46 for today. And sunny! Tomorrow will be even better! Hope you and Jim are feeling better!

Royal Gorge Bridge & Park, Colorado

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown