Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 548834 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2460 on: March 14, 2024, 11:35:20 AM »

Have a beautiful day Clynn, Kbs, tsk, Lani, Phyl, Karen, Lisa, oldguy, puff, tig, bazi, Jill, blschue, Paulie, T40, Emy, Lilbro, E4E, Peep, Nora, Ginger, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, lindy, Bggolden, godiva, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, nanimal, ruby, Oma,  f22raptor, jicaji, LB, the cheers & Jewelies groups and All!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 11:38:06 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2461 on: March 14, 2024, 12:53:58 PM »

PUFF  You can bet they will dye the river - Am not sure what day tho.   That's right - It is PI day  ;D

LISA   Everything in your AM photo looks delicious  ;D    Actually the maps said we would get rain all day today - Sun is in and out now!!!  It is 52 degrees - maybe I will get to go for a walk afterall  LOL

KB  So your Sis doesn't foster dogs any more?

LORI   I'm so glad to hear about the formal entrance of spring into our vocabulary  ;) ;)  Hope Grandma is doing OK.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2462 on: March 14, 2024, 01:02:00 PM »

Royal Albatross ~ Dad LGK Comes Back Twice! Feeds His Chick & Visits With TFT Chick! 💗 3.13.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbWWGdDBX2Y&t=1056s

Mar 13, 2024
Dad LGK has been coming in every other day to feed TF along with LGL! He arrives back to the nest and sits down and makes TF come towards him for the feeding! LGK feeds TF and when he is finished he sits down and gives a little preen to the top of TF's head ♥ LGK then departs but he comes back a few minutes later with a beautiful landing! But instead of heading back to his nest, he goes over to TFT's nest for a short & very polite little visit ♥ LGK is a gentleman albie Dad and TFT has nothing to be afraid of with him coming to visit (just like WYL does with TF).

LGK then makes his way back to TF and sits down to rest. He does not feed TF again, just stays for a few minutes and then he takes off as well.  LGK is a wonderful albie Dad and is making sure that TF keeps growing and hitting all those weight markers! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, thanks for nature video and RRP update... #3 goose egg  ;D.. sweet mini Moo and Mom.  ;D ... good Luck on GSB.... Those were the best years of SNL!

Clynn, cute morning pics! Hopefully all your peace pics will work for Harley and kittens. I'm sure they will, since Harley and kittens have become use to each other's scents. Harley looks like he's in the mole hole. LOL!   :-*  Good luck on his vet appts... the munchkins look great and growing like weeds. They love staying with their grandma.... God bless them.  :-* ... goodness, that's a lot of snow geese!  :o

{{{Hi Karen}}}

Kb, adorable morning pic... we have the same problem here with runaway dogs and cats in the spring. People get careless, forget to check yard gates, etc. Sadly, we have coyotes, Mountain Lions, Bobcats, just waiting... Thankfully, we have Next Door Neighbor website, everyone instantly posts lost animals pics, before they get lost in the forest. And our Payson Animal Shelter or neighbors will keep pets until their owners are found. Sometimes campers will find dogs that have been missing for several months or a year or more and turn them in.

Lori, love your morning pics  :-*

Lisa, Happy Pi Day!  ;D

« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 01:03:55 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2463 on: March 14, 2024, 01:32:03 PM »

Lisa, the part of the set of 5 where I lay down and put my head down and turn it 45 degrees is not fun.  At the end of day 4 it may be a tad better!   10 more days to go! 
Bl, did you grow up in Bergen county?  Lovely area! thought a drive I took along the Hudson, years ago was beautiful!

Seds Beakers!   (baz, have a burger and fries once every month or two)

LOL, Karen! I won't be eating hamburgers that often... LOL! I mostly have omitted red meat from my diet, so I have a major treat every once in a long while with steaks - about twice a year, maybe a 3rd time here or there, and a good burger no more often than that, and usually only maybe twice a year (sometimes I have cheated, but I try not to!). That sure makes a meal like that a really big treat for me!  ;) ;D  Oh, I hope your special exercises will bring you some improvement! And hopefully they will get easier to do with repetition and time. Hugs!  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2464 on: March 14, 2024, 01:44:15 PM »

Baz, beautiful post for Eaglesrock. KU lost  :'(. ... so sad, trying to be a big girl about it.  :-X

Lani, OMG, I saw that KU game!!   :o :'(  I'm so sorry! For you, Mike, and the Jayhawks!! I figured it was going to be a really tough time for them after 2 of their major team stars had to sit out with injuries!! Very unfortunate timing! It would be hard for any team to overcome that against another good opponent, especially in a conference tournament. Dang! But the KU Jayhawks have had a really great year this year, and I hope they can get some wins in The Big Dance!! Hang in there!!  :)  I just finished watching my Tarheels win their conference tourney game, so they will play their next game in our conference tourney tomorrow at 7p, Eastern. Fingers crossed.  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #2465 on: March 14, 2024, 02:00:30 PM »

PUFF  You can bet they will dye the river - Am not sure what day tho.   That's right - It is PI day  ;D

LISA   Everything in your AM photo looks delicious  ;D    Actually the maps said we would get rain all day today - Sun is in and out now!!!  It is 52 degrees - maybe I will get to go for a walk afterall  LOL

KB  So your Sis doesn't foster dogs any more?

LORI   I'm so glad to hear about the formal entrance of spring into our vocabulary  ;) ;)  Hope Grandma is doing OK.

Nope she doesn't after years of doing it. BTW she always had 3 plus dogs of her own before fostering.
Only recently stopped due to below. However, she still is in contact with many of the rescue groups.

These days she bought her own pure bred black shih tsu, Max, and helps take care of her son's dogs when he needs her who lives in Rochester MN....cause he has a new daughter born through IVF during covid.
In other words she's helpful now to other things in life.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 02:02:25 PM by kbshcb »

baziunc

« Reply #2466 on: March 14, 2024, 02:13:38 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :D

Clynn, great pics of Talon and Bella, and lots of fun time!! :D  Talon is looking sooo grown up!!  :-*  Awww, Harley!  :-* I hope his trip to the vet goes without any issue. I can't wait to hear your report whenever Harley first meets the kittens!!  :) :-* :-*

Lani, I'm glad your community works together to help lost or abandoned or feral dogs and cats.  :-*

KB, you make it sound like it's a terrible place where you live. I hope things get better.

BL, I can't imagine jumping from one of those pillows to the next! Glad you were roped in! What an incredible place to stand and see!!

Lisa, glad your ENT gave you a big thumbs up!  :)

Lori, love your Spring pics. LOL on the kitty playing in the snow!!   :D :D :-* :-*

Karen, I had totally forgotten this is Pi Day till you mentioned it!!

TSK, I've been watching the weather news and forecast for your area. Hope you can get a walk in.

E4E, I hope your Mom is feeling better. Has the weather settled down near you now? Lots of windy and stormy weather sdtill about in some places of CA.

OG, have the hordes descended upon your store for gardening and yard care items yet?

Tig, you back at the pool today? Glad you had such a fun visit with Rosie.  :)

Waving to Puff, Phyl, and All the Beakers!  :D

kbshcb

« Reply #2467 on: March 14, 2024, 02:26:29 PM »

baz - don't know if it's terrible or not. Just stating the facts...perhaps it is?

Since it's been this way for decades I suspect a new leadership class is in need to change it.
Too many current ones who prefer to do nothing or offend someone.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 03:03:17 PM by kbshcb »

T40cfr403

« Reply #2468 on: March 14, 2024, 03:14:48 PM »

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2469 on: March 14, 2024, 05:31:03 PM »

I am sooooo late with this....but my house is spic and span;
laundry and ironing complete, dinner in process and time to 'shake a tower'.  ;D

Today is...PI Day

Pi Day 2024: Why NASA uses only 16 of the 62 trillion digits of pi we know

https://www.livescience.com/physics-mathematics/mathematics/pi-day-2024-why-nasa-uses-only-16-of-the-62-trillion-digits-of-pi-we-know

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #2470 on: March 14, 2024, 05:32:48 PM »

Lori - Love your Springy pics!

tsk - I would love to have a piece of that in my morning pic. We made it up to 77° today!  I had to open a few windows, the kitties were hot.

Lani - Thanks for the Royal updates. 

baz - Waving at ya!  :D

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2471 on: March 14, 2024, 06:21:34 PM »

LANI   LGK  :-* :-*   Didn't realize you also have a problem with wayward pets.  Everyone on the lookout tho is somewhat comforting esp with predators around.

KB   Yes Sis has other attention getters now. :D ;)

BAZI   Unfortunately I ended up on my treadmill today.  More clouds than sun and temps dropping.

T40   It was quite a Pi year in 2015  LOL

PHYL   Pi problems remind me of HS algebra  LOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #2472 on: March 14, 2024, 06:49:52 PM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2473 on: March 14, 2024, 06:51:52 PM »

I'm all tuckered out.

I enjoyed all the Pi Lisa and T40

CLynn Tks for Munchkin snaps; Bella has all the equip to set up shop   ;)  Talon online. Awww Mister Harley  :-* :-* :-* hope all goes well at vet's
 :o lotta snow geese near Des Moines

Tsk we're suppose to get some rain tomorrow;  I use to have a treadmill the I got the exercise  bike---wish I kept the treadmill. ::)

Karen I did that and will take a look later on. Many thanks.

KB awesome Minnesota loon, allowing pets to run wild does them no favors

Lisa that boston Ceme Pie, hmmm.  ;)  good report ENT

Lori very nice Sp0ring greeting. Tks Hope your family is well.

Lani  Royal albie report  LGK is a good 'uncle' to TF and TFT.  :-* Like TSK didn';t realize you had issues with pets on the loose.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2474 on: March 14, 2024, 06:56:20 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs...🙏 's  .     

Sauces bald eagle cam