Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 532593 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1410 on: February 11, 2024, 06:32:35 AM »

From Nat'l Geographic   magazine   UK edition

Where Valentine’s Day is unloved—and forbidden
https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/history-and-civilisation/2022/02/where-valentines-day-is-unloved-and-forbidden

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Puff

« Reply #1411 on: February 11, 2024, 06:35:10 AM »

Additions to the story just came to me. . .

Very first experience taught me something important - the judge gave the directives that from the get go you must go on the assumption that the accused is not guilty.  It becomes the opposing attorney's job to "prove they are guilty" beyond a reasonable doubt.  Think about both the next time you follow a news story of a case.

Last years case was a theft charge.  Man accused of stealing from a TJ Max.  From that we got to see the servalance setup a small store like that has working.  The person in charge brought in film proof, slow motion, outside and inside the store.  The film and testimony gave him a guilty verdict.

After the formal procedings the judge met with our panel in the jury room and we learned two other things.  First, the accused had a record of other robbery convictions.  That was not presented during our trial so that there was no predisposed assumption of guilt.  It would affect the sentencing. Second, the judge met with us for a personal note of thanks for doing an admirable job for her on her very first case.  Her long story of the journey brought emotions out from her and us.

OOOOO Third newbie. . .I got to see my tax dollars at work at the new and improved county court house - my tax dollars at work.  AND, I got to watch the area falcons, hawks!  Sitting in the car outside waiting for facility to open something caught my eye.  Two somethings caught my eye.  Then the next I saw perched on a ledge on the outside of the building.  Talking to the county police during a break in the trial action, they gave me the advise to come back on the weekend when there's not that much traffic/people and visit the fields/bogs surrounding the complex for a real show.  :-\  Never made it back.  Maybe I'll try to get there yet.

P         
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 06:44:42 AM by Puff »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1412 on: February 11, 2024, 06:39:55 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Presenting: The Diction-Aerie!
February 9, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/02/09/presenting-the-diction-aerie/
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1413 on: February 11, 2024, 06:51:22 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, thanks for the The Diction-Aerie from Amy's Blog! That eagle in the 365 wasn't afraid of the ravens! But something in the wind... Sounds like Dan liked to tease you! I never had a brother, but I see how Erin loves to tease Kelsey and Talon and Bella! Will read the Valentine article in a bit!

baz, Puff, I have received a jury notice three times and before I even got to call I received notice that I wasn't needed!  My boss at work got called and had to serve 3 times that I remember. That is unless he made up that excuse! He had 4 young children...  ;D

Lani, isn't it funny how certain songs or other things can take you back to a vivid memory? You can remember exactly where you were at the time... We were living in base housing at Luke AFB near Phoenix, I was in 5th grade. Mom & Dad watched Ed Sullivan every week, along with Lawrence Welk!  What would the kids of today do if they only had the 3 tv stations to watch?  ::) Today is the big game! Keep calm... I lived in Missouri for a few years, so I am rooting for the Chiefs for Mike!  So he can stay calm...

BL, you are an enigma! It is a wonder that you are still stalking this earth! You have been hit by lightening 4+ times? Heavens to Murgatroyd!

baz, good throwback music! Love the moon in the trees! I still say "Heavens to Murgatroyd" often, Kelsey thinks it's funny...and it is! We picked up a lot from the old cartoons! “What’s up, doc?”

E4E, are you and Kris big 49ers fans?

karen, I remember seeing some show where it showed people walking out of a store with a tv between their legs! I would think that would take some practice!

T40, great videos, love the talking cats... ;D

National Geographic Nature · A Lucky, Beautiful Sighting✨
Two friends were talking about wanting to see wildlife and this is what they see, a family of Lynx making the their way in Hay River, Northwest Territories. Briana Mode, Victoria Milline

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1414 on: February 11, 2024, 07:33:51 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

BL   You've had some very dangerous jobs in your lifetime.  :o 8)  It's a miracle you are still alive!!!

BAZI   Fingers crossed.   In all my years of being called I never got called to sit on a jury!   Theme from Shaft was a great song as was Green Onions.  :)

KAREN   Had a friend who sat a month on a grand jury as well.  Had to drive to the worst part of town - 26th and California! Thought she might get recused as her husband was the chief of police in my town.  ???  NOT

EAGLES  Good to hear you had a nice Saturday with Mom and Sis  :)

LANI   You have a good memory of that Ed Sullivan night.  :)

PHYL   One time on a trial and it was murder - I would not have wanted to be in your place either.  But interesting to see how it all works from the "inside" and not from TV  LOL        365  :o :o    Interesting where Valentines Dad is banned.

PUFF   Interesting jury experience - Which court house?

CLYNN   Love the hanging hearts.    Seeing a family of lynx - what a wonderful experience .
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1415 on: February 11, 2024, 07:53:23 AM »

Speaking of eyes!...
Bird Guy writes:
One of the whitest males I have seen until now. From a distance, I couldn't even tell that there was an owl on the pole. As I got closer I saw the beautiful eyes and realized it was a Snowy owl perched on it's prime habitat looking for some mid afternoon snacks

Different snowy.

Well, it's Superbowl Sunday...that's all that is on the news. In case you didn't know, LOL
May the best team win. Curious who anyone is rooting for.

Lastly:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1756327412428570966

OMG too funny. I have no idea what this conversation is about but the bird won't let her talk!...reminds me of that little boy "talking" in the snow.

LisaG1967

« Reply #1416 on: February 11, 2024, 07:57:52 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

BL - Yikes, on your eye story!  Thanks for the tunes.

E4E - Are you having a Superbowl party at your house today?

baz - Thanks for the tunes.

Phyl - Thanks for the 365, Nat Geo link, and RRP post. 

clynn - A TV??  Wow, that would take some practice!  ;D

Puff, Lani, tsk, kb, tig, karen and all - Morning  :)

Puff

« Reply #1417 on: February 11, 2024, 08:09:28 AM »

TSK DuPage County Courthouse, Wheaton IL,  County Farm Road. 

About 1/2 hour drive when busy - always busy roads!

P

Puff

« Reply #1418 on: February 11, 2024, 08:41:29 AM »

KP  That was sooooo good.

Read down below pic and you get some clue about what was said by lady.  It is in Portuguese.  Noone available to translate birdy.  :o

P

kbshcb

« Reply #1419 on: February 11, 2024, 09:05:30 AM »

KP  That was sooooo good.

Read down below pic and you get some clue about what was said by lady.  It is in Portuguese.  Noone available to translate birdy.  :o

P

LOL, yep, the bird did it!...the bird says.....???????? oh I'll just talk over you so you don't know..haha

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1420 on: February 11, 2024, 10:41:43 AM »

bounce

IDK... I guess KC... no strong feelings

I loved jury duty, as I was the foreperson and it got me away from werk for a month (I disliked my boss at the time) at Christmastime (they gave us long lunch hours and we tried all the prettily lit downtown restaurants). It was an employee against the company case... we found for the employee. I remember disliking the lawyer for the company... he was smug and wore expensive cuff links. LOL

Back to the rest of my Sunday a.m. chores and get church pulled up online in time for the teaching (I skip the new age Christian music... I used to sing in choir, I'm a purist, LOL).

Have a great day Beakers. It is sunny here. Woo Hoo!

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #1421 on: February 11, 2024, 11:03:12 AM »

kb - Beautiful snowy's this morning. 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1422 on: February 11, 2024, 11:14:22 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Morning Puff, In Arizona, you no longer are required to serve at age 75 or older.... Interesting jury experiences, especially the judge visit after trial.

Phyl, Beautiful Bald Eagle.... Interesting info about Valentine's Day.... Thanks for RRP's Diction-Aerie! I've copied and pasted!  ;D

Clynn, you're so right about BL! He's like a cat with 9 lives! And oh what adventures he's had! 8) .... "Sufferin' Succotash!"  .... beautiful Lynx family! ... A TV!?  :o

Tsk, Have a lovely Sunday  :)

Kb, I love Snowys. That is a gorgeous one, you can barely see it... Well, whatever they're talking about it has to do with the damaged cord! Love this bird!! Like Puff says, read the comments following. She's speaking Portuguese and speaking bird whatever!!! ROFLOL! Oh my God!! Johnny Carson would have had this bird on his show!!! LOLOLOL!! I'm sending this on to the family!!  ;D ;D ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #1423 on: February 11, 2024, 12:17:44 PM »

My Philosophy in life has always been what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Go KC !
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #1424 on: February 11, 2024, 12:23:45 PM »

My Philosophy in life has always been what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Go KC !

You got that right!

My house has decided to just split it down the middle....one for KC and one for the 49ers.....seems fair to me, LOL