Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Decorah Eagles 2024  (Read 88111 times)

Puff

Re: Decorah Eagles 2024
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2024, 10:59:40 AM »

BE arrived above the cams this morning at N1, and after looking at the tail markings it appears to be HD!

I watched him (?) for quite a while too Lisa.  I had the feeling too that it might be HD or HM checking things out for damage done by outsiders and mother nature.  Maybe sizing up things for 2024-2025 we hope.

P

Puff

« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2024, 11:05:04 AM »

I've been watching NN, too.  Looks to be our pair enjoying the peace and calm in their neighborhood.  Lots happened to their season this year.  We haven't heard much, if anything, about the two homeless little ones.  I hope they got enough learning to move into the next stage of their growing.

Now just read in chat that cam is going to be shut down next week 8/1.  Not sure which cam they're talking about HN or NN.  Seems to be NN?  Wondering what M & D plans are.

P
« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 11:10:54 AM by Puff »

LisaG1967

« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2024, 04:33:10 PM »

I've been watching NN, too.  Looks to be our pair enjoying the peace and calm in their neighborhood.  Lots happened to their season this year.  We haven't heard much, if anything, about the two homeless little ones.  I hope they got enough learning to move into the next stage of their growing.

Now just read in chat that cam is going to be shut down next week 8/1.  Not sure which cam they're talking about HN or NN.  Seems to be NN?  Wondering what M & D plans are.

P

Puff, this is what the RRP Facebook post said about the cams being shut down.
Raptor Resource Project

Happy Fri-yay, everyone! We'll be shutting down the Decorah and Decorah North cameras on Friday, August 2, at 5:00 PM CDT. We know it's early, but we have a lot of work to do: a rebuild at the North Nest, repairs on the Mississippi Flyway, which was damaged by wind, maintenance at Trempealeau and Xcel Energy's Fort St. Vrain plant, and two or three nestbox replacements, just to name a few things on our list. It's going to be a very busy fall!

RubyRed246

« Reply #483 on: July 30, 2024, 09:22:33 AM »

This was on my Facebook page today ...My heart is broken! 💔 I just learned my beloved friend Jean Sawyer passed away on Saturday! She was like a second Mom to me. She always stood by me through thick & thin. I am forever blessed to have known such an incredible woman! May you dance with the angels, my beautiful friend! I love you! 😘

I thought everyone would want to know. I hope this is okay.

LisaG1967

« Reply #484 on: July 30, 2024, 10:56:59 AM »

This was on my Facebook page today ...My heart is broken! 💔 I just learned my beloved friend Jean Sawyer passed away on Saturday! She was like a second Mom to me. She always stood by me through thick & thin. I am forever blessed to have known such an incredible woman! May you dance with the angels, my beautiful friend! I love you! 😘

I thought everyone would want to know. I hope this is okay.

Ruby, Jean as in oma on chat? So sorry!  Prayers to her family.

Arcadia

« Reply #485 on: July 31, 2024, 06:19:03 AM »

I am saddened by your loss, Ruby. (hugs)

LisaG1967

« Reply #486 on: July 31, 2024, 11:43:13 AM »

Morning pics from Decorah - Looked like HM to me, perched on bluff perch, flew downstream perched above creek, then flew out left around the curve.

STLbf

« Reply #487 on: July 31, 2024, 02:59:35 PM »

Lisa, thanks for the pics of HM and HD.  I'd forgotten about those tail feather markings on HD.  It would be great if they decide to re-nest at N1, or finish th e nest they started in the Pasture tree, N6?

Do you have pics from ATF to post any time soon?  We'll need something to look at and comment about while the cameras are shut off.

LisaG1967

« Reply #488 on: July 31, 2024, 04:04:33 PM »

Lisa, thanks for the pics of HM and HD.  I'd forgotten about those tail feather markings on HD.  It would be great if they decide to re-nest at N1, or finish th e nest they started in the Pasture tree, N6?

Do you have pics from ATF to post any time soon?  We'll need something to look at and comment about while the cameras are shut off.

I did not bring my big camera to ATF this year, as I did not think I would see anything.  I only had my cell, and I really don't think the pics do justice from the cell.  Pic below from cell.

A friend of mine who visits Decorah to take pics, told me the last few times that he had seen HM & HD they were hanging out E of N2B along the bike trail, closer to Hwy 9.  ON Saturday morning, as I was heading from Hwy 9 down Trout Run Rd, I turned to see if I could see anyone in that area, and sure enough one of the Hatchery's was there. 

LisaG1967

« Reply #489 on: August 01, 2024, 11:42:56 AM »

HM & HD were perched upstream in separate spots this morning.  HD up high, and HM looked a lil lower to creek.

LisaG1967

« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2024, 07:54:15 AM »

Morning pics from Decorah - Nice to see HM & HD hanging around

STLbf

« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2024, 03:16:04 PM »

Lisa, will be looking forward to your pics again when the cameras go back on.

LisaG1967

« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2024, 05:36:10 PM »

Lisa, will be looking forward to your pics again when the cameras go back on.

STL, will be looking forward to seeing yours, too. 

See ya in the Fall.  :)