Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 66583 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #480 on: June 04, 2023, 07:28:53 AM »

GM, You had o remind me Paulie!!! Yes in 2 weeks.    Shoot I iddnt realize it was so close.   Nothing excititng to report here.   The normal weekeknd  cleaning cooking and tv. But I didnt cook or clean yet. LOL Trying to find a new recipe with ground beef tired of the same things I make which is chili , Korein Beef, or Zuchini boats.   I use ground Turkey instead of beef though. I found a good Chicken Fajita recipe. Yum, making that tonight
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #481 on: June 05, 2023, 08:49:44 AM »

Currently  62 F .  High 92F sunny, Low 62F  clear.

Hi LB those Zuchini boats sound interesting. And, the verdict on the Chicken Fajita?   🙏 's continue.

Paulie  hoping the family birthday dinner goes well and everyone has a fun time  🙏

Jacaj 🙏 's continue.

I made a tuna pizza yesterday...mostly my own receipe.  Turned out delish
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #482 on: June 05, 2023, 09:19:34 AM »

Good Morning  :)

LB, I'm glad I reminded you! lol Your meals sound good! Let us know how your chicken fajitas turn out.

Phyl, Yes yesterday's Bday dinner was a hit. One of my daughter's made chicken and waffles for her husband. His birthday. Everyone gets a birthday meal and that's his favorite. She makes meal from scratch. It smelled and tasted delicious.

Next Sunday I cook for my other daughter's Bday meal. She asked for stuffed peppers, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and dessert cheesecake w/cherry topping and chocolate pie. I usually have a minimum of 11 people.

June is a busy Bday month. June 2, June 9, June 15, 16 and 18. Father's Day is 18th this year too. Whew!

One of my granddaughter's (13) just called me asking me to take her and her sister (15 my oldest granddaughter) shopping for a swim suit today then to local pool. My son/their dad is working. I didn't plan on this today. lol I do have a return to do at the store they'd like to go to so I've added that to my "to do" list today.

I'm still in pajamas because I slept in after a busy day yesterday and my knee was swollen and throbbing last night. It feels better now.
Well gotta go. Later taters.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #483 on: June 05, 2023, 07:40:17 PM »

Hi  got side tracked on phone with  my nephew.  Chicken fajaits are faboulus I have enough fora few more meals.   I went to PT  tonight and spoke with drs assistnt about epidural .  WE decided to wait. I dont think I reallyneed it right now.  Knees are doing rather well. just the arthritic pain and the epidural wont help that.  If it was from the nerve  it would. I see one surgeon on wednesday the other next week. I have to write out questions to ask I have them all. I went over  the questions with PT and he  liked them all very valid questions.  LOL   Going to type them up tomorrow at work will give me something to do .   

Glad your birthdday  dinner was good. I miss birthday dinners/celebrations. We dont do that anymore. Maybe I will run to the store and bymyself a slicecheese cake or cup cake   but not sure I have money!!!   well I can after next wedensday (pay day)  what a sad world we live in  lol
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #484 on: June 05, 2023, 08:46:01 PM »

I just reread some earlier posts and just realized I forgot a comment/question ....

Phyl, Tuna pizza! Never heard of that. I guess mostly because your own recipe. What all goes with the tuna?

LB, How is your nephew? Not sure if he's the son of your sister or brother who passed away. Sorry to mention that. Hugs to you.

Awesome about the chicken fajitas. Enjoy!

I'm glad you're not needing or getting epidural right now. Good your knees are doing really well. Very wise writing/typing all of your questions.

Since I have your mailing address I'd send you one slice of cheese cake or a cup cake but I'd have to send a whole cheese cake or batch of cup cakes and I know you wouldn't want that!!  ;D I'm sure your father is going to remember your birthday.

Quotes: I was going to say #1 but all three are great.

Today proved to be a full busy day with my two oldest granddaughters. Didn't get everything done on my to do list so will do tomorrow. No biggie. This evening I cut back a Bleeding Heart plant that grew to be a giant this year! Was huge! I guess the many early to mid Spring rains because my area now is in a 5.5 inch deficit for rain. Grass is going brown and dormant.

Wishing all a relaxing evening. That's what I'm doing now.  :)
SED

Phyl

« Reply #485 on: June 06, 2023, 06:51:03 AM »

Good Morning ...

Normandy Beach, France. D-Day landing site, June 6th 1944

Forcast for Cane Ridge, TN:     Currently   F  and  High 90F sunny, Low  61F  clear.

Hi LB Sounds like you're improving. And some good decisions were made. 🙏 's continue  Chicken fajaits turned out ---that's great.

Hey Paulie!
Gosh! You're sooooo busy.  Oh the Tuna pizza. I had 3 cans of Star Kist packed in water and couldn't decide if I wanted the trouble of a casserole or
tuna salad sands.  Then remembered I had a pizza crust...looked up tuna pizza. And, amazed there are recipes!  Didn't like the combos offered.
And, did this instead :
buttered the crust with real butter
layered shredded Mozzarella cheese with grated Parmesan
topped with mixture of tuna and dill/minced garlic
garnished with canned sliced blk olives
Baked for 10 mins @ 350 (Jim actually was in charge of baking--I was busy on this thing)

At any rate it hit the spot at the time. Probably will make again. Maybe with revisions.

Jacaj 🙏 's continue.

#IstandwithEvan

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #486 on: June 06, 2023, 05:27:22 PM »

Hi  I am off tomorrow  first surgeon appoinme. t Knee is achy today but only took 2 advils.  That tuna pizza sounds interestig at first.  at first I was like aI 'll pass But its not so much different than than tuna melt I make I use the tortillas wraps and swiss cheese fold in half and fry in pan.  I may need to try that  I woke up to this deer this morning. I was going out to feed the squirrels and birds and she was standing in distant As soon as she saw me throw the peanut she came walking up to eat peanuts. She got a couple of bites then  Copper woke up and came out and saw her and started barking she ran off but not far just to the next building  then she atr the flowers ttmy neight had hanging LOL   I think the kids walking to bus stop chased her away she was gone when I went to look for her again , We have the spoke and haze from the Canadian fires. Even the smell. W e are in an air quality alert because of it   

Phyl

« Reply #487 on: June 06, 2023, 06:36:45 PM »

Hi LB  sweet photo of the doe. Maybe she'll return. Sending 🙏 's for air quality and more!

Hi Paulie another busy day for you. But, fun with the granddaughrers

Hi Jacaj   🙏 's  continue

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #488 on: June 06, 2023, 06:37:03 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #489 on: June 07, 2023, 06:22:27 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently 60 F  and  High 85F mostly sunny, Low 59F  clear.

#IstandwithEvan

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #490 on: June 07, 2023, 07:11:18 AM »

Good Morning getting ready to go to surgeon. I have my questions the real question is  will I use the sheet.  LOL   UPDATE..... No surgery needed. If it was the other tendon than I would have needed surgery
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 10:59:53 AM by LBLNJ0668 »

Phyl

« Reply #491 on: June 08, 2023, 11:18:15 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently 78F mostly sunny.  High 82F sunny, Low 53F  clear.

Sending best wishes for your surgical visit today, LB  Great news on 'No Surgery'. !

Hi Paulie

Jacaj 🙏 's continue.

#IstandwithEvan

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #492 on: June 08, 2023, 12:20:54 PM »

Good Afternoon,

LB, Awwww Awesome about the doe!!

Good news to no surgery!  :)

Same here with air quality due to Canadian fire. Yesterday wasn't good. Today got Hazardous warning and to stay inside and go outside only if necessary. There's a smoky haze you can definitely see like fog. Can definitely smell it too.

Phyl, Your tuna pizza sounds good with the ingredients you used.

Yes to a busy day with both oldest granddaughters the other day. Yesterday was the same with my oldest granddaughter. Took her to dental appointment. Wisdom teeth beginning to cause issues like they always do with most people.

Then we went to shopping for potted plants. We had a blast and bought more than intended. Lol After that we went to Starbucks to have lunch together.

Then I food shopped at 3 different food stores because having been at cabin so much I neglected food and misc shopping here way too long. I wasn't finished shopping till early evening.

Landscapers came yesterday to mulch everywhere and did trimming too. This is the third year I've used landscaper. It just got to be too much. With every year my yard seemed to grow larger and took me longer to finish. No more!! 

My oldest daughter and granddaughters came last evening with dinner from Chick-fil-a. Much appreciated. We relaxed and laughed.

This morning I'd set my alarm for early because I had to take my suv to garage for some work. Returned home and put beef roast in crock pot for dinner. Too tired by now to want to stand at stove today.  ::)
I sat down to watch the news on TV after that and wound up taking an unplanned nap!! Felt good and much needed.

Soooo staying inside today due to air quality and actually relaxing doing misc stuff inside.  ;D

I'm wishing everyone a pleasant day.

LB, Give us some more good news.

Quotes: I like #1 from yesterday about birds.

Oh!! Birds!! The House Sparrows that had built a nest w/4 eggs then abandoned it due to me moving it must have taken a vacation.
I rehung my front door wreath a week ago. All's been good. Well today I heard bird singing nearby while I was inside and yep! They've returned trying to build another nest. Ugh!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #493 on: June 08, 2023, 06:15:26 PM »

My good news for the day is I got an email from the propery manager apologizing for not getting back to me sooner.  I called 5/30 to see if they woud help with the rent increase she would get back to me. She bnever did so I signed the lease 5/31 SO the email oday said They will increase 5% instead of 7%. I was so excicited. it will save me $36 a month, not much but everything  counts. Last year they only decreased it by $12  I wonder what I did this year for the extra deduction  ;)

I wish I had your energy Paulie!!!!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #494 on: June 08, 2023, 09:26:30 PM »

LB, Oh I'm happy for you about the rent! Very nice of the property manager to do that for you again too. They don't have to.
You're a good tenant that's what you did to deserve it. And also because you've had one heck of a year and the Heavens smiled on you.  ;)

About my energy. Today Nada!! Nope! Zip!  I've been dragging all day. All those busy days caught up with me.

Interesting fact about the Air Quality stats. This evenings ABC David Muir National News program was talking about the smoke haze and poor air quality. He said NYC hit its highest number ever for poor air quality but then he went on to say the air quality number of 491/Hazardous for a city that beat out NYC this morning. Boy was I surprised because it's a city here in PA about a 10 to 15 minute drive from my house!! I heard on my local news this morning the number here was 491 but didn't realize it beat NYC. That's crazy.

I must say it really was nasty this morning w/thick smoggy smoke and the smell. We're finally down to 148/Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. You can check your local Air Quality at airnow.gov   Just put in your zip code.

Well I'm going to Zzzzz. Wishing all a good night's sleep.
SED

Oops. Had to come back. Forgot quotes. All three are good.
Night. Zzzzzzz  :)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 09:28:16 PM by paulie »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 89   Go Up