Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 66518 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #465 on: June 02, 2023, 03:45:01 AM »

Just about every good book began right there ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsaFBNvhceA&list=RDSsaFBNvhceA&index=1
U. S. A.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #466 on: June 02, 2023, 09:10:11 AM »

Good Morning got delayed a late star for sure but now finished with my work. 

Paulie maybe a entioned something about my pinkie???  I jammed it a  while ago. left it alonr just order a splint. MY finger kept falling out of it ordered a nother one Its coming today. When I see the surgeon on Wednesday I will sjow him my pinkie He is a hand arm specilist. Its feeling a little beter now 

The pink is trying me crazy. Feels like I have a lsh stuck in my eye every time I put medicine in  I also tested myself for covid cause one of my friends  had pink eye when  she had covid It was a stong negative.   

They say things comes in 3's but I am on my 4th. scares me!!! LOL  back, arm pinkie, pink eye ok 5 knees. 

Monday I am seeing the dr about knees I think we wil lbe discussing epidoral.   MY knees still hurt when I walk  . 

My feeg still tingley but I am getting used to it or its getting bette.  I think I am just used to it by now!!! The epidoral may help with feet may not its more for pain  signed my lease and stressing how I am going to survive, not sue what I can cut out to reduce costs. I do nohing as it is  LOL   Cable no cause thats what I do. All I do is watch tv.  Vitamins???   Food eat soup and pasta??
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

karengramke

« Reply #467 on: June 02, 2023, 09:37:24 AM »

Good Morning Cheerios!  Dusting off my stool and stooping in to chat a bit! 
Compared to where I was a year ago, i am doing very well!  Still dizzy and have muscle weakness in my legs.  Both conditions keep me tied to a walker but I get around well as long as I do not bend down for too long!  I think they call that a-dizzy blond! (Now turning grey!)
Have pt twice a week with homework to strengthen my legs and have another appointment on the 8th with the ent MD to explore the dizziness!

Am enjoying being home and being able to stay connected on line.  At the home, my device did not like the service saying it was not secure and kept shutting it down!

Paulie, your cabin sounds delightful?   While Lb has a squirrel nest, I have a house finch nesting on a ledge on the roof over my front door!  Been there awhile so I am hoping the eggs are viable!

All enjoy the day! 

Puff

« Reply #468 on: June 02, 2023, 10:49:57 AM »

It's time to start making reservations for ATF 2023.  The reservation limit for the Marriott Fairfield accommodations is coming June 8, next Thursday.  Pricing and availability after that date is not guaranteed.

After The Fledge   2023
Our get-together this year will be July 20 thru July 23.  Extra days pre or post could be added as needed.  Starts on Thursday evening, departures for most would be on Sunday.
My unfortunate news for some might be that the manager will not be offering us a hold on any rooms at the Country Inn & Suites.  Anyone so inclined to stay there will have to call for your own arrangements  800-830-5222.   Maybe register a  complaint with manager Justin? 

Fairfield      Different rates for different dates for categories
         King-bed room:  $119, $154, $179  (Th, F, Sat)
         2 Queen beds:    $119, $164, $189  (Th, F, Sat)
         Reserve by June 8

Quality Inn      King-bed(s) room:      $192 nightly
         Queen bed(s) room:  $182 nightly
         Reserve by June 20

Winneshiek      Exec Room, 2 Queen:   $169 nightly
         K-bed Suite:                    $279 nightly
         K Whirlpool:                   $179 nightly
         Reserve by June 22

Super 8      DBL Queen Bed and
         SNGL Queen Bed           $139 nightly
         Reserve by July 20

Please be advised that there is a limit to each catagory.
As usual, I'll need your personal information and credit card number to hold a reservation.  Charges will not be processed until checkout.  Any further questions/isssues, contact me.   

Puff/LaNora              [email protected]              630-852-2108

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #469 on: June 02, 2023, 11:04:00 AM »

Thanks Puff!
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #470 on: June 02, 2023, 12:24:23 PM »

Hi! Whoa! My post turned out kinda long.

BrokenLug, Good tune. I'm listening as I'm posting with head bobbing and foot tapping.

LB, Maybe it was your pinkie. Good it's feeling a little better now.
True the saying goes "Things come in 3s." Don't count the things you had before. I don't know what number that puts you at after that but just tell yourself "You're done!"  :)
Good about signing your lease. Take that off your to-do list. Try not to stress. Things work out somehow.

Karen! Hi! Great seeing you here. Yepper your stool is always here for you.  :)

Excellent you're doing very well compared to a year ago. You made me chuckled about the dizzy blonde turning gray. (Not the dizzy part .. the turning gray part.) I'm still blonde .. thought about going gray but after color treatments I have some silver now too. LOL Staying blonde.  ;D

I hope your device is secure for you now and stops that shutting down. Pain in the butt.
Thank you about the cabin. We're setting up inside and definitely enjoying it when there.

Cool about house finch above your door. Could they little ones maybe have fledged? I guess you would have seen and heard the little ones if the parents were feeding them.

Same with my front door wreath this year. House finch built a nest in wreath and laid 4 eggs while I was away a few days at cabin.
Got home and saw it! I left it alone because of the eggs. I was worried opening the front door though because of once they hatched and feedings and didn't want them fledging into the foyer. Well guess what .. when a family member came and opened door while walking inside it started parent bird and it flew into my house!! Funny and lucky thing is it flew into living room then down the hallway then into a bedroom!! I closed bedroom door ... opened the window .. then it flew outside. Whew! To prevent this from happening again I moved the wreath w/nest to the side of door. Parents didn't return so eggs became non-viable. Darn it.

You enjoy your day too!

Hi Puff .. Thanks Puff.

Hi Phyl

Well I better get some things done around here. Yesterday was 90 degrees. Today's to be 93. A/C is already on. This weekend and next week to return to mid-70s.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 12:26:55 PM by paulie »

Puff

« Reply #471 on: June 02, 2023, 12:37:40 PM »

Very strange happening paulie.  For eons I dyed hair to make it onecolor instead of brown, ash, auburn, etc.  This was when hairdos involved hairpieces to make a crown of huge curls.  Hair pieces were not multicolored at the time.  Ergo, made one-color hair to match one-color wiglet.  Anyway - I digress.

At one point I said phooey - let the color go natural beautious ash gray (the color I had underneath.  Who knew?  And, now a new "natural" phenom - since I spend too much time outside if I'm doing my yard "stuff"  Good ole' sol is changing my color on me. . .It's changing my ashgray to white.  What the hay?

P

karengramke

« Reply #472 on: June 02, 2023, 01:02:34 PM »

I would not
 mind white!  I hate Grey!
Pauli, I make everyone come thru the garage and in the back door!  My neighbor, across the street had a nest in the wreath on the front door and she got some yellow crime scene tape and stretched it across the steps until all the babies fledged!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #473 on: June 02, 2023, 06:02:22 PM »

Puff, Wow you had ash gray underneath! That's a really pretty color combination together. People pay to have their hair dyed ash gray.

Hmmm I wonder why being outside (and in the sun a lot too I'm assuming) I wonder why it's turning to white? Interesting.

I have to ask .. what is sol .. "Good ole' sol"? I've been trying to come up with an abbreviated meaning. I hope when you tell me I don't smack my head and say "Oh! Duh!" lol

I don't want to deal with the dark roots in the grow out if I stopped. Did you have them?

Karen, Agreed white is pretty!

Good for you making everyone go thru garage and in back door! Thumbs up to that.

Awesome that your neighbor across the street used yellow crime scene tape!! If I tried that I think my family would wrap me up in it. LOL

LB, TGIF for you!

Puff

« Reply #474 on: June 02, 2023, 06:54:37 PM »

Who knew Paulie  Dad used to say he wasn't gray; he never called his grey.  It all should have been a clue to me.  Found out because of my laziness.  Had a cruise and no time to color - let my dang roots grow/show.  Noone mentioned/commented.  Took that as a sign and just let it grow.  Totally broke off any relationship with L'Oreal forever.

Sun does fade out a lot of the ash; kinda looks like streaks in some spots.  Outside now about 2 weeks has made a difference.  Could be the contrast of the scalp tan/sun red ??

Biggest difference/complaint has been the change of volume, body, fuzzy.  Less hair for sure.  Didn't know I had a scalp until about 65.  Never had issue of roots - just let it grow the way/color it wanted.  Just matched right in.

Come on somebody - back me up?  No roots, right?  Not white either, white is an older stage.  My neighbor friend let her hair grow out.  Not the same result/luck as I had.  Husband told her to go back to looking younger, better.  You could sign up for ATF and see if what I've said is true.  Now -- if I could pull another miracle and look thinner.

Two extra comments:  sol is the Spanish for sun.   teehee

Also, for tsk  Did you make a comment that this was the last of the C's you'd have   to worry about?  How's that happening?

P

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #475 on: June 02, 2023, 09:43:26 PM »

Puff, I can't think of a better place and time to let roots begin to grow out than on a relaxing cruise! You broke off your relationship with L'Oreal while I'm still having one with the same.

Sun definitely affects hair color.

Oh my gosh you didn't know you had a scalp until about 65. You have me laughing.
Whoa to what your neighbor's husband said to her. She should have replied by telling him to suck in his gut! Men!
I'd love to sign up for ATF. Have wanted to for years. I was helping raise and watching my two youngest granddaughters back in 2011 for a number of years going forward. Now no time and $ going into cabin.
After a certain age I think most everyone wants a miracle with thinning hair, loss of hair lol and looking thinner. Weight likes to drop to the hips like other things drop.  ;D

Thanks for the sol explanation. 

Okay .. long day and tired. Time to relax with adult beverage. Looking forward to it.

Wishing anyone who reads here a peaceful and restful night. SED

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #476 on: June 03, 2023, 07:27:57 AM »

gm
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #477 on: June 03, 2023, 07:32:43 AM »

Good Morning ...It's Caturday!

Currently   62 F   Gonna be a hot one...High 93F sunny, Low 65F  clear.

Hi LB oh no! Not your pinkie finger. Lots of {{{}}} for you.  🙏 's continue.

Hi Paulie {{{}}} for you today.

Jacaj 🙏 's continue.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #478 on: June 03, 2023, 10:27:00 AM »

Good Morning  :)

LB, I was looking at my calendar today and you have a birthday coming up soon.  :)

Phyl, Whew yes that's hot. We had 93 yesterday but a cold front blew threw and cooler today. Turn your A/C on!

Cute cat! I used to have 3 cats and 2 dogs. They all got along really good together. Also at the same time 13 Zebra Finches. Once when 3 got out of their cages cats were flying through the air trying to get them!! LOL

Thanks for the hugs! What did I do to get them?  :)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #479 on: June 03, 2023, 09:06:25 PM »

Quiet here today.

Busy day tomorrow with a family birthday dinner and next week promises to be busy again.

Wishing all a pleasant Sunday and week.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 89   Go Up