Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 65102 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2023, 06:15:47 AM »

Good Morning 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2023, 09:12:10 AM »

Good Morning

LB, TGIF for you.

Rain finally stopped and have sunshine today. Yay to the sun.  Temps much colder this weekend and windy. Brrr

Wishing all a good day.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2023, 07:24:48 AM »

Rain stopped but still cloudy and cold
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2023, 04:49:02 PM »

Still cloudy and brrr cold here too. Supposed to warm up a bit next week. The sky lightened up before dusk and had a few minutes of sun. Sun at the end of the day is frustrating. lol

Busy day today inside and got a lot done. Knee is still sore and a bit stiff but I can bend it a bit more now. Yay. I'm not pushing it though. Next week is next gel injection. Not looking forward to it but will definitely do.

Deer are still coming at night to eat cut apples and carrots I pitch out. I changed my trail cam to video and really like it. Nice to see them moving around backyard and chomping on food and drinking from birdbath.  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2023, 10:28:02 AM »

sound peaceful Paulie   

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2023, 10:48:23 AM »

LB, It is.  :)   

You're in office this week correct? Do you have off tomorrow for MLK day? Either way I'm wishing you the best at your doctor appointment tomorrow. Please let me know how it goes.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2023, 01:55:33 PM »

yes in office and off tomorrow,   The appoinyment is late afternoonso wont here until  at least dnner time.  LOL 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2023, 08:14:26 AM »

Good Morning . The sun finally came out

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2023, 10:35:11 AM »

Hi LB, Nice you have off today. Hopefully nice weather going into office this week. Yay you have sun today.  :) Same here. Temp began in 20s but is warming up nicely with the sun. Okay to your late afternoon appointment today. Still sending good news vibes. Let me know.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2023, 03:28:06 PM »

well just what I expected.  I have to wait and lose 34 more lbs and it's not definite. MY BMI has to be below  a certain amount and if I lose the 34lbs it will be before covid.  He said it may not get approved  by hospital and/or insurance. so I guess I need to learn to live with pain.  I give up.  Why does nothing go my way. He suggested the bypas weight lose surgery but prefers natrally I prefer naturally O could have done the bypass an I didnt do that one for a reason.   Cn I just bury myself under my covers forever. Just save you good vibes for someone who will get them sorry  I have been i dumps and this made it worse. not sure why I am surprised I was expecting it. It ust hurst more cause I have no one to talk to about it

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2023, 09:29:41 PM »

Dear LB, (sorry this is a bit long)  I'm sending you a big hug. I'm sorry and disappointed along with you that you didn't get better news. No way will I stop sending you good vibes .. prayers too .. that you'll eventually get the news you want. Do not give up.

A question please. What do you mean when you said if you loose 34 lbs it will be before covid? A typo perhaps.

Did he explain why hospital and or insurance might not approve after weight loss? My first thought is your age. I say this because I was told in my 40s or 50s I would probably need a knee replacement BUT insurance does not approve usually until age 65. Maybe that rule still applies and if so do not blame yourself for that. Frustrating I agree but that's what I was told years ago.

Also I know you've been very good at loosing weight in the past and you still can. I remember you've made delicious healthy meals and snacks for yourself on weekends in preparation for your upcoming week.
I've seen advertisements for a weight loss program called Golo. I don't know much about it but it says it works. If you want to look at it the link is www.golo.com

Can you talk with your girlfriend at work to have someone to talk to? You mentioned her a while ago and covered for her at work when she was sick or something.
If not her, your insurance company maybe has a nutritional program with a nutritionist you could speak to and lend support to you.

Lori, There's a saying I use .. and I say it to my children and grandchildren .. and now to you.
Before I say it you might want to smack me afterwards.  ;) :-*
"Where there's a will ... there's a way."
"We don't give up because we're not quitters." Well my friend I say the same to you. I realize you're in pain and it hurts to walk, do stairs, etc. Do not give up on loosing weight and anything else that you can do to help yourself. I realize this puts it on your shoulders to do but please know that I'm here for you and you can always pm or email me to talk and let out your frustrations too. Sometimes that helps. It usually does so if you want to I'm here.

Hey! You know what else? (okay now you're probably saying okay Paulie time to shut up.)  ;)  We all picked up a few pounds over the holidays. It's January ... dark early .. lots of grey dreary days .. Blah! We'll get through the next two months .. ugh .. but then Spring arrives and that definitely lifts ones spirits.
Just know that I understand your disappointment and I'm here for you. 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2023, 05:35:26 PM »

Thankyou Paulie  I am just in the dumprs nothing goes right for me . every step forward I take 50 feet back. 

A question please. What do you mean when you said if you loose 34 lbs it will be before covid? A typo perhaps. He wants me to get down to my weight befor covid.  That is also the lowest weight I was since my surrrgery, During covid. I gained  40 lbs.  So right now 34 more lbs to go Basically he wants me to get down t my lowest weight since my surgery .and he would supbit it for approval. MY BMI will be  a little high but he will appeal it  It will be safer for me.

Losing weight has lways been hard trying pretty my my whole life since late teens   That whys I did the sleeve surgery . I can do a revision and do the bypass 1/2 the surgery is completed with the sleeve but more complications can happen .  I am afraid.  But considering it. 

I talk but she like everyne is so wrapped up on themselves   

Where there's a will ... there's a way." I say that too!!!! LOL I just dont follow it.   LOL 

I already see a nutritionist I know what I have to do but I love food.  I think I am going to hold of on PT for now save it and my money  I will go to my gy and do the bike which I have been doing of rthe past wee. I went 3x  last week and today I went  I do 15 minutes I will do 15 minutes for another week or 2 then incrase to 20 minutes  It's the best for the knees 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2023, 08:23:27 PM »

Hi LB, You're welcome of course! Oh! Okay. Thank you for explaining your Dr wants your weight to be what it was before covid pandemic, your BMI and it being safer for you. Very good he will appeal if initially denied. Insurance companies can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

I remember your sleeve surgery. You did very good with that. I understand your future surgery concerns. With you considering it I know how thorough you are getting all the information you need before making a decision.

Darn it to your co-worker, and anyone else, turning the conversation onto herself. Frustrating.

So you say Where there's a will .. there's a way too! Cool. You know what they say about great minds thinking alike! LOL

Good that you see a nutritionist. I remember a couple weeks ago you mentioned stopping PT for a bit due to money, co-pays etc.
Excellent you're doing the bike at your complex gym. You did say you were thinking about going there. Awesome to 15 minutes and increasing to 20. Very true doing the bicycle and walking too are great for knees. I read an article about that the other day. You know what you're doing.

And ya know what else? You're proving to yourself already that .... Where there's a will .. there's a way.  ;D ;)

You're going to win this. Oh yes you are!  :)

----------------
Oops. Forgot quotes so came back.
#2 Some days I think geesh once is enough!
#3 Now a days after being at a party (rarely go) or crowds I always want to go back home! ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 08:28:27 PM by paulie »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2023, 05:31:06 PM »

But I have my down falls!!! One being Cookies!!!!! I had a rough night last night not relly but really LOL. My cell phone would charge. I panicked cause that is what I use as alarm and the only phone I have. I get in touch with tech support it took a while but got it working again. I was up after 1100.  It looks like its the battery and not the charger (I tried 3 different ones)  I rebooted the phone and statrted working I don't know why I didn't think of that.   LOL But I was up worried. it would start not charging again and I wouldnt wake up for work. LOL  I am tired but when am I not??

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2023, 07:49:39 PM »

LB, I hear ya about cookies! Mmmm Have you tried sugar free cookies? We buy sugar free cookies for my husband who is diabetic. I've eaten them too and most are really tasty good! He buys no sugar added pies too. Tastes pretty darned good too.

Geesh you had a rough night last night. Good about rebooting your phone. I hope you get a really good nights sleep tonight. You should!!