Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 64542 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2023, 07:19:51 PM »

LB, Blah weather here too and cooler temps. Definitely TGIF for you! Relax and enjoy your weekend.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2023, 07:42:39 AM »

Good Morning happy Saturday
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2023, 11:57:21 AM »

Hi LB, Good Afternoon  :) I woke way too early then when back to sleep and slept in. lol Happy Saturday to you too. Home you and Copper have a nice weekend.

Hi jicaji  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2023, 07:20:35 AM »

Good Morning 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

jicaji

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2023, 12:59:55 PM »

#3 on last two.

LB, are you in or out of office this week?  I lost track :)

Finally a beautiful day here.

'I tried to cut a very long nail on Rizzo's front paw.  BAD idea.  I cut it a little too short and it started bleeding.  Luckily I have an "instant nick care" thingy that coagulates that sort of thing.  I had a grooming appt. three weeks ago for him but had to cancel and then they were on vac. for two weeks.  Ugh.  I need to call tomorrow.  He's a  mess.

Paulie, one of the great things about being retired is when you wake early during the week and then don't have to get up and can go back to sleep and get up whenever LOL.

Have a good week guys.

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2023, 05:37:58 PM »

Good Evening,

jicaji, Uh oh and sorry to hear about Rizzo's nail. Very good that you had that instant nick care handy. Hopefully the groomer can see him soon. I know you're hoping tomorrow!

Very true about retirement!! Oh my yes.
Good that you had a beautiful day today. Sunshine and no rain has been sparse lately for a lot of places.

LB, Hope you had a nice weekend.

Long day today but pleasant and am now tired. We went to our cabin about 3 hour drive from home. I moved all the boxes, lots of them, we had taken there a few weeks ago and put them in different rooms when we can begin to unpack. Will be nice when we can begin to stay overnight and few days or more without having to make drive back and forth on the same day. That makes for a long day. We don't like driving in the dark any more. Yuck.

jicaji, You have a good week too. Let us know how Rizzo's groomer appointment goes.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2023, 06:07:14 AM »

gm  Yes Jacaji I work from home this week.  Aw you have a cabin Paulie . I started following tiny homes on instagrams love them  some arrent so small I wold love to figure out hw to get one and where I can put one I definitly dont want smake in the woods , I would like to get one already furnished. I like how they furnished them and I am still wondering where the closets are for clothes

Puff

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2023, 07:03:58 AM »

Rose Bowl, Part 2, My extra comments, questions answered, and additional observations:

Lani   For my being a snow person -- I found the rain wasn't that bad at all.  I was    soaked to the gills by 7pm, too.  But the memories are unforgetable and    unbelieveably fantastic.

Jasper    I was in the bleachers at the parade, row 3, not on a float.  But, I was        waving a virtual wave.  LOL

Good words from E4E, maybe I'll take up an offer for a SFO tour. I connect there sometimes, you never know when I might call.

This was a long-time want of mine.  It was everything I waited for, and everything I hoped for. It  is a new 2023 positive after one helluva year for me. 

Thanks again group for all the best wishes and consolations.

Just heard local school bus drop off kids - and life goes on.

Flight back was in the one-of-a-kind category.   Very bumpy, huge dips, puffy clouds gray and white, thrown to and fro and bucked, no blue seen at all the last hour.  Landed 3 seeonds after finally spotting land.  Oh good, land!  Pilots really earned their keep today.   

If you are taking I'm giving all my best to you all-- Happy NewYear.  Prayers for your 2023.

Even entertaining were the extra helpers marching in the parade.   For instance, THe squads of poop scoopers (with shovels) do routines and get roaring applause. 

Did I mention?  It was me and my closest 94,000 fans at the game.   Same jets who did flyover at parade did it for the big crowd at the game.   Change of equipment after a problem earlier in December.   This year it was two B-1B Lancers from the Elsworth/Dyess AFB in South Dakota.  Loud, scary, and low.  Because there was open airspace (no tall buildings or hills) I guestimate 200 maybe even 100 foot altitude.  Too busy gawking to be certain.  They rumbled and rolled  and roared the area.  AND THEN they repeated the show before the football game at the stadium.  The rumble could have shattered that old building, don't know why it didn't.  So powerful!

Many, many dogs in CA.  and they go every where, are welcome everywhere. Trip actually started with 3 dogs on my flight out.  Are well-trained, never saw any problems, and always on leash.  No, never saw a cat being taken around.  They are home napping, dotcha know.

Tears came two times more than the midnight Olde Lang Syne-  Watching the many bands and opportunities for a honoring of the flag groups and the response aka roar of the parade fans, And, toward the end of the game I teared up because I had really done it!!!!!

P

Again, to all, I pray you have a truly remarkable and blissful year.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2023, 09:28:09 PM »

gm  Yes Jacaji I work from home this week.  Aw you have a cabin Paulie . I started following tiny homes on instagrams love them  some arrent so small I wold love to figure out hw to get one and where I can put one I definitly dont want smake in the woods , I would like to get one already furnished. I like how they furnished them and I am still wondering where the closets are for clothes
LB, Yay you work from home this week. That has to be more relaxing.

Yes to cabin. We began the process choosing style and floor plan summer of 2021. We've owned the land for over 20 years and have dreamed of doing this some day. It's a two story 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath with open concept kitchen/living room area. Plenty of room for all my family to get together. It's been a long process for sure. Since the pandemic our contractor has had a hard time finding different things needed then the deliveries were difficult because the trucks couldn't find the cabin! We finally got electric installed last week. Paid electric company for transformer and hook up last Sept. It's so remote it took 3 months for them to install. Our trail camera there has gotten lots of deer, bears, coyotes. You definitely wouldn't like being that smack in the woods!! 

I've seen the tiny homes you like on HGTV before but haven't seen that show for a while. They are very nice! I've seen some with closets but they are definitely small closets. I bet you and Copper would be cozy and happy in one.  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2023, 06:16:31 AM »

Good Morning your cabin sounds nice take some pictures!!!!! Hi Puff!!

Puff

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2023, 07:39:28 PM »

Hi LBHi All - Busy errand day.  Got all my driving "musts" taken care of today.

Passed driving road test, should have laminated license in 2 weeks.  Inspector seemed more in the hot rod than my driving techniques.  Not that I'm a bad driver.  Looked at my record and condition of the "beater"  said she thought I take good care of my business. Yes, got ushered into the old people priority line.  One great thing they've come up with during the last 10(?) years.  Just is time for me.

Next, took hot rod for emissions test.  Again, car definitely gets its share of the attention.  Passed inspection, too.  Sticker for plate also due soon in the mail.

Also dropped Ton's highway/toll transponder at the Sec of  State's facility.  Got a $10 credit added to the balance of the account.  Last, full tank of gas and car wash.

Next?  Since the b-day is passed, time to clear off Christmas.
Saw KB's question about snow. . .what snow!  Not even an iota of a pile anywhere.  Actually with all my peddling around it definitely felt like a spring day.
I know the routine though - waiting for the wakeup to hit!  What's for dinner?

P

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2023, 06:07:57 AM »

Ys Puff No snow here either!!! It's been unusually warm   beside 1 cold blast christmas weekend. You gotta a hot Rod????  Cool 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2023, 08:45:12 PM »

Hi LB, Will do to taking some pictures when we go again.

Well I had my first knee gel injection yesterday afternoon. When the ortho Dr came into room to give injection he pulled up my x-ray again and did his best trying to talk me into not getting the 3 separate weekly injections and just schedule knee replacement instead. We discussed it but I said I have so much going on that I don't have the 6 to 8 weeks to get replacement right now. He reluctantly agreed to give me the injections after I said when I find the time I'll get the knee replacement. He leaned forward towards me and extended his arm and hand for an okay hand shake! Lol I shook his hand saying okay. I get the second knee injection next week then the third the week after that. This was first time I've had a knee shot gel injection. Holy!! Even after supposedly numbing the injection site that was no joke feeling it go in. Geesh!

Listen to this about my insurance. The day before my appointment I called my insurance co again. Turns out they get a discount on the alternative gel injection I did not want so is why they'd approve that one. I also learned my insurance will approve only 1 injection a year so in 6 months when the 2nd one would be needed they would not cover it. Dumb!

So I then call my ortho office asking what the out of pocket expense was for the one Dr recommended for me. I was surprised to learn it is affordable and was also told the one recommended for me is also the same one my ortho Dr uses for himself!! I said sold! I'll get that one. It's called Euflexxa.

LB, You have your orthopedic appointment next Monday the 16th, correct?

Hi Puff, You had a really busy day and got a lot accomplished. Good!! Nice that you had descent weather too.
And .... Happy Belated Birthday!!  :)

Hi jicaji, I hope to check in sometime soon.  :)

#3 today

Take care to all.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 08:46:51 PM by paulie »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2023, 06:18:16 AM »

I wsh I would getmy surgery so quick.    LOL   yes Monday is my appointment already set for a no I need to lose more weight

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2023, 02:11:45 PM »

LB, Okay and good to this Monday. Don't sell yourself short because you've been making good progress with your weight loss. You might get good news Monday.  I hope so.  :)